PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the Miami area in Florida & know if...

Bacardi
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:59 PM
So on Friday evening my job is sending me for a week on a business trip to Miami Florida. It won't be all work, just morning meeting crap and a few dinners. So far in 2012 they've sent me to South Carolina & New York.
What I'm wondering is this; is it true in the Miami area they have topless beaches? I've heard there is, I just wonder is it true. I've been going to the tanning bed to get the paleness off of me and a tan going so I don't burn in all that sun! :lol:
Virginia's dark and cold in the winter so I'm craving the sun; even if it is a topless beach! :happy:

Helen Lawson
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I go down there a lot, but it's at night. I don't know, but you will have a blast either way. If you want full male nude dancers, there's a place north of Miami called Swinging Richards in Aventura, all nude, hot.

Bacardi
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
That sounds tempting, I'm jotting the name down and putting it in my purse. Work pays for everything, company credit card so I can't complain. I got my tax return so that's going in my bank so I'll have my debit card (mental note to get some singles out) :hehehe:
It's like 15 degrees in VA so I'm ready for sun and warmth! I know I'll have a blast & can't wait!
Thanks for the tip Helen, you know me too well ;) :hug:

wayitis
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:42 AM
There is a nude beach called Haulover Beach around 155th street, but it's usually attended by older people and voyeurs, cannot recommend that one... No official topless beach, but European tourists sometimes go sans top around the hostels area in South Beach, especially on 14th street.. overall, for all the excesses of the South Beach nightlife, Miami is still a very familial destination in terms of beach nudity compared to St. Martin for example...

Talula
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I've never been to Miami and would love to go. Is it safe and is it far from the airport?

antonella
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
If you want to be safe there, avoid the airport areas(especially Opa Locka), avoid north of downtown and the unincorporated areas; and don't take public transportaion at night. Just follow those rules and you'll be OK.

LoveFifteen
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Every time I have been to South Beach, I have seen topless women, even during the middle of the day. Who knows if it's "legal", but a lot of people seem to be doing it. Just use some common sense and make sure kids aren't nearby. The nudist beaches tend to be full of old naturists and creepy voyeurs so I don't recommend them.