PDA

View Full Version : Who tf is Paul McCartney?!!

Tennis Fool
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Question raised by many during The Grammys. Funny or troubling?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/who-is-paul-mccartney

ToopsTame
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Question raised by many during The Grammys. Funny or troubling?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/who-is-paul-mccartney

Funny. Kids are stupid. A lot of them wanted Chris Brown to beat them.

ptkten
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:03 PM
It's sort of sad but most of the people saying this are pre-teens or teenagers. I have to admit that my taste in music wasn't all that great at 13-15. They'll learn soon enough about the greatness of Paul and the Beatles.

Mary Cherry.
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I don't expect teens to like his or The Beatles' music (I'm not fussed in all honesty) but surely they should at least know who he is :facepalm:

Tennis Fool
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Funny. Kids are stupid. A lot of them wanted Chris Brown to beat them.Yeah, that was also on Buzzfeed. Although, I think most was probably (misplaced) tongue-and-cheek.

It's sort of sad but most of the people saying this are pre-teens or teenagers. I have to admit that my taste in music wasn't all that great at 13-15. They'll learn soon enough about the greatness of Paul and the Beatles.
But the have never heard of him? The Beatles are woven into the fabric of modern pop culture. It's like asking, Who is Marilyn Monroe?

the jamierbelyea
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:31 PM
For the most part hasn't the Beatles limited the amount of licensing in terms of their songs being used in tv, movies, and television. With that sort of control, it's not that surprise their not as known by a younger generation that wouldn't necessarily be exposed to them.

Tennis Fool
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Time for Paul to do that Glee performance then :p

Melange
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:43 AM
he's the guy who got that messy divorce with the one legged woman :oh:

ranfurly
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:16 AM
It's a little sad they havn't heard/don't know Sir Paul.

He's not everyone's taste (his later stuff) but the Beatles transcended music back in the 60's to a large extent, and they are still very popular now a days.

I'm surprised half of them at the grammy's didn't know who Barbra Streisand or Tony Bennett were either.

The Crow
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Finally, the beatles are history! :D :p

Pops Maellard
Feb 14th, 2012, 08:35 AM
He's the second-most talented Beatle, after John Lennon :).

Kworb
Feb 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
He and the Beatles are so overrated, I am glad the new generation doesn't care to learn about them.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I've always confused Beatles with Bee Gees.:oh: I know a couple of them and I like their early works but after they passed their peak, they're like so overrated but I guess it's normal.:shrug: :oh:

Fête_des_fleurs
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:53 PM
The Beatles were an Oasis tribute band and one of the most popular comedy routines of all time.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Beatles

Novichok
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Good. Hopefully the same will be true of Madonna. :)

Super Dave
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:28 PM
S M F H. :rolleyes:

kwilliams
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I agree that they're overrated. Their lyrics, musical ability, the quality of their voices...none are that great. Their songs are catchy but I can't think of any of their songs which would measure up to, let's say, "Imagine" by John Lennon.

Sammo
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Now that is sad :lol:

Melange
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
^Im not a huge fan of their stuff but what you say makes you sound like you dont really listen to rock music or bands much. I agree that they were not great singers, but they were making big advances in music technology and experimentation. To cast aspersions on their musical ability and genius just looks incredibly petty. Any fool knows they that while they were not the biggest virtuosos of the time, they were all very good musicians. The brilliance is in their ability to create melodies and keep making new sounds instead of repeating the same formula.

Mynarco
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
:sobbing:

JN
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
^Im not a huge fan of their stuff but what you say makes you sound like you dont really listen to rock music or bands much. I agree that they were not great singers, but they were making big advances in music technology and experimentation. To cast aspersions on their musical ability and genius just looks incredibly petty. Any fool knows they that while they were not the biggest virtuosos of the time, they were all very good musicians. The brilliance is in their ability to create melodies and keep making new sounds instead of repeating the same formula.

Exactly! The Beatles were innovators. You can't compare their music to that of today - much of which they're indirectly responsible for - it would be like comparing the raciness of Laugh In to that of MadTV.

Kworb
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Please, they were the Backstreet Boys of their time. Nothing they did was groundbreaking or innovative. They were just young guys with legions of young women who worshipped them. The massive critical acclaim didn't start until John Lennon was murdered.

Siderophyre
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Please, they were the Backstreet Boys of their time. Nothing they did was groundbreaking or innovative. They were just young guys with legions of young women who worshipped them. The massive critical acclaim didn't start until John Lennon was murdered.

:happy::rolls:

I don't even like the Beatles, but that statement is beyond absurd.

debopero
Feb 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
If someone considers this troubling...not much is going on in their lives.