PDA

View Full Version : Petkovic´ back not getting better. Return unknown.

Patrick345
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
German TV saying she had her back re-examined and the stress fracture in her lower back is healing very slowly/poorly and it´s unknown when she will return to the Tour. :sad:

hBence
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:29 PM
similar to Ági's and Dinara's injury..

StoneRose
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sad :tears:. Get well soon Petko :hug:.

Adrian1092
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Wow I really didnt think this injury was so serious :sad: Poor Petko :bigcry:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
That is very worrying. Back injuries seem to be damaging, even ending, so many careers at the moment. It never used to be quite this bad. But unfortunately these days it seems players feel the need to stretch their fitness level's so far and sometimes this is what happens. Andrea has a nice game to watch, I like her and think she is an underrated player by a lot of this board too, obviously a great personality as well.

I hope this is something that can be sorted out and we will see Andrea back on the tour at some point this year, and of course the sooner the better. That said, it is best not to rush coming back where a back injury is concerned and we may just have to be patient. :sad:

Halepsova
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Andy. :sobbing:

Gilas.
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Better take as long as possible and heal. Poor Andrea, hopefully she'll make it in time for Olympics.

currie84
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM
when was she expecting to return?I mean a fracture is a serious injury,i'd be surprised if it took less than 3 months to heal.

RR-87
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
get well soon Andrea :hug:

lefty24
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:57 PM
This sucks. I really miss her.
Hopefully she gets better soon!

killerqueen
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Another great player, another freaking lower back injury. :(

I really hope that she doesn't try to rush into a return - I think Safina would have still been playing today if she had rested up as soon as she picked up her injury instead of playing on through it.

Petkorazzi
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM
The unluckiest player on tour probably. Was about to break through in 2008 when she got that terrible injury against Chakvetadze after which she was out for 9 months and then was stuck in ITFs for another 9 months. Now she's a top 10 player on the quick rise and this happens. :sobbing:

Gdsimmons
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Not my Petkorazzi! Back injuries suck, especially for a tennis player. She's gonna be out for awhile...

matthias
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:19 PM
:sad:

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Back injury ruined Safina's career. And Petkovic is so fit, shows how random these bad injuries are. Could happen to any player, even the fittest.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Get well soon Petko :sad: And for God's sake no Petkodance whilst you're recovering.

Potapovushina
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Always sad :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
she's gonna be out for a while...best wishes to her

Simugna Help
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:36 PM
A real shame. :/

Tomic
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:36 PM
get well soon Petkovic :sad:

everythingtaboo
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Sigh. Back injuries are ruining tennis. :sad:

tejmeglekvár
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Back injury ruined Safina's career. And Petkovic is so fit, shows how random these bad injuries are. Could happen to any player, even the fittest.

maybe they are injured because of fitness -> working too hard.
I bet Pavs wont suffer this kind of injury.

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:36 PM
maybe they are injured because of fitness -> working too hard.
I bet Pavs wont suffer this kind of injury.Plenty of injuries happen to players who arent in great shape. It can happen to any player.
Most of the players near the top are fit, and its tennis news when they're injured.

Coconut91
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Awful news. But it's convenient that she lets the injury heal completely before coming back, no matter how many months she has to wait. Better that than ending up like Safina, that's for sure.

Be careful Petko :sad:

JustPetko
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Another player with back problems? :sobbing:
Get well soon, Petko! :hug:

Wintermute
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:34 PM
:sad: Get better soon Andrea, and don't rush back before you're ready.

Marlene
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Bugger!!1!!!11!! I miss Petko.

Seriously, though - why are so many players dealing with stress fractures in their lower back!? What's causing this? When I think back, it seems like it began with Safina in 2009 and then spread like an epidemic. Is it just me, or is this type of injury a "new" thing? 10 years ago, did anybody suffer from this?

Tomic
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
she had such a great year last year. I know she could crack the top 5 this year and make some good run in the Slam. It sad seeing another one of my Faves get injury by this cause. First Safina, Now Andy, Hope to see them both back Soon

donellcarey
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Petko :sobbing:

Get well soon :hug:

Richie's
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:14 PM
It was clear that Petkovic would got injured sooner or later. Her service style push her back, specially on low back.
Dinara did that too. The serve style plays a huge role on that...
Her come back was set for IW...

Caipirinha Guy
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Ula Radwanska was out for half of the year because of back injury. Fortunately she had a surgery at Taylor Dent's doctor.

Get well soon Andrea!

cosmoose
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM
It was clear that Petkovic would got injured sooner or later. Her service style push her back, specially on low back.

I always thought Petko's service motion and strokes were quite mechanical/robotic looking. Not very fluid at all. Maybe that put too much stress on her back.

killerqueen
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Ula Radwanska was out for half of the year because of back injury. Fortunately she had a surgery at Taylor Dent's doctor.

Get well soon Andrea!

I didn't know about this, but she's a smart girl for taking the time off. It must be so hard to spend so long on the sidelines when your posting career best results, but it's so much better in the long run. Spending half a year on the sidelines is so much better than spending the rest of your career. I hope and think that Andy and her team are smart enough to realise this. :)

Serena_Williams_
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Uh this sucks so much.I really don't know whats with the tour and their back problems...Hoping Andrea heals no matter how much time it takes

Gdsimmons
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM

Totally. Her service motion has no fluidity to it AT ALL. It is quite awkward when you watch it. It doesnt just flow, it like goes in pieces. That had to have some impact on the injury..

olivero
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Oh no, that sucks big time :sad:
I hope she'll be able to come back quickly. Get well Andrea!

alfonsojose
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM

:sad: but true. They both had very unnatural , robotic serves. Groundies are odd too, they put pressure on their bodies

doujyr
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM
let's not forget agnes szavay.

safina and szavay did have quite extreme back arches on serve, but i never thought petko's was that pronounced.

i'd worry about petra martic who has an extreme back arch on serve.

crazillo
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Jana Novotna got through her career pretty nicely despite crazy back arches when she served...

I hope Petko can recover, and in time for the Olympics. :hug:

Noctis
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I knew this would happen! :smash: should have stop playing last summer,when she was so injured.rush she was bound to make it worse

killerqueen
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:21 PM
let's not forget agnes szavay.

safina and szavay did have quite extreme back arches on serve, but i never thought petko's was that pronounced.

i'd worry about petra martic who has an extreme back arch on serve.

Is there any recent news on Agnes' situation? She had great potential, it'd be such a shame if it went to waste. :sad:

doujyr
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Jana Novotna got through her career pretty nicely despite crazy back arches when she served...

i don't think novotna's spine itself was that bent. but whether it was or not, just because one player somehow survived, it's not a good thing.

Wiggly
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Speed up the #$?#&@&$%@N&@&@$& courts!

Playing grinding tennis with these velcro courts will only lead to more injuries.

doujyr
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Is there any recent news on Agnes' situation? She had great potential, it'd be such a shame if it went to waste. :sad:

there's some posts about it on her player forum. not sounding too good :sad:

doujyr
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM
found this, doesn't sound that bad, not hopeless anyway.

http://szavayagi.hu/hirek.php?page=palyan_kivul&hir_id=238&lng=en

spiceboy
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Petko :sobbing:

Archer16
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I really hope she comes back as good as she was last year.
As said, such an unlucky player, having already missed an entire season on the verge of a breakthrough.
She did so well to put that first terrible injury behind her, let's be optimistic and hope that she'll not rush her return and will manage to do it again.

killerqueen
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:17 AM
found this, doesn't sound that bad, not hopeless anyway.

http://szavayagi.hu/hirek.php?page=palyan_kivul&hir_id=238&lng=en

That was an encouraging read actually - I hope she can return in the not-to-distant-future. :) Thanks for the link :D.

Kooyong
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:50 AM
:sad: Not good but then again not surprising for fractures take time to heal. I think Petko should set yourself for the 2013 Aussie Open for this will potentially prevent her becoming frustrated and coming back too soon.

Someone mentioned Jana Novotna, Jana did arch her back but she also bent her knees which acted as a support for her back.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Andrea has a nice game to watch:

For real?

mirzafanindia
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Petko get well soon..

Brad[le]y.
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Andy :sad:

Vefci Y
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Too Bad:sad:

young_gunner913
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Don't care for her one bit but no one deserves to be taken away from the game by injury. Hope she gets healthy.

Steven.
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Don't care for her one bit but no one deserves to be taken away from the game by injury. Hope she gets healthy.

well said. 100% this.

Lulu.
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I hope she can recover from this. It would be terrible if she had to stop playing like Safina.

ranfurly
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Now the German Luftwaffe has lost one of it's Lieutenants :-(

Maria rocks
Feb 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Get well soon Petko x

Tennis Ball
Feb 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
that's sad :sad: Get well soon, Petko.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Petko :( Get well soonest!!!

Patrick345
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
More bad news, roughly translated...

-She has a stress fracture of the SI joint. Says it´s very rare.

What is the sacroiliac joint (SI joint)?
The sacroiliac joint is a firm, small joint that lies at the junction of the spine and the pelvis. Most often when we think of joints, we think of knees, hips, and shoulders--joints that are made to undergo motion. The sacroiliac joint does not move much, but it is critical to transferring the load of your upper body to your lower body.

-No progress on her back. She has stopped rehab for now, taken a vacation to rest.

-Father says she had back problems on and off for months, but they thought it was just minor and tried to work through it with massages and stuff...

-Sports doctor said they need to start treatment eventually to increase the blood flow into the area and they have to consider surgery, which means at least six months out.

-Fathers says there is no timetable for her return, but they hope to be back at the end of April.

This doesn´t sound good at all. :sad::sad:

Drake1980
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:29 AM
So no IW! :hysteric:

King Halep
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:51 AM
More bad news, roughly translated...

-She has a stress fracture of the SI joint. Says it´s very rare.

What is the sacroiliac joint (SI joint)?
The sacroiliac joint is a firm, small joint that lies at the junction of the spine and the pelvis. Most often when we think of joints, we think of knees, hips, and shoulders--joints that are made to undergo motion. The sacroiliac joint does not move much, but it is critical to transferring the load of your upper body to your lower body.

-No progress on her back. She has stopped rehab for now, taken a vacation to rest.

-Father says she had back problems on and off for months, but they thought it was just minor and tried to work through it with massages and stuff...

-Sports doctor said they need to start treatment eventually to increase the blood flow into the area and they have to consider surgery, which means at least six months out.

-Fathers says there is no timetable for her return, but they hope to be back at the end of April.

This doesn´t sound good at all. :sad::sad:

:haha: so random. just after saying they are considering surgery

Tezuka.
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Get well soon, Petko.:sad:

Brad[le]y.
Feb 19th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Miami points :bigcry:

doujyr
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:22 AM

that is shocking misdiagnosis. it reminds me of how pova's rc tear was misdiagnosed and she kept playing and making it worse. these people have access to the best in the world yet get messed up, what hope for ordniary you and me when we have something wrong? :eek:

JRena
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Too much dancing.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:41 AM
petko :hug: get well soon

StoneRose
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
that is shocking misdiagnosis. it reminds me of how pova's rc tear was misdiagnosed and she kept playing and making it worse. these people have access to the best in the world yet get messed up, what hope for ordniary you and me when we have something wrong? :eek:
Maybe it was minor and the stress fracture wasn't there at the time. Professional tennis life is hard, most players keep on playing suffering minor or not so minor injuries where ordinary people would have given it a rest long ago already. For some like Maria or Andrea here some day the body breaks down.

I don't believe Andrea will be back end of April or even for RG :tears:.

tejmeglekvár
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM

and to think how many others did and doing same even right now, not even knowing how damaging can be.
Thats one big problem WTA should really help somehow.

JustPetko
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
:sobbing:
But surgery isn't only way to get well?

Daniel
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Get well Andrea :hug:

Ferg
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
:tears:

Cant she ever catch a break with these injuries..

Johnbert
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
i really fear this could be the end of her carrer :bigcry::speakles:

Milk_Shakespeare
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
It is really serious, but can heal itself with time.

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
another evidence of how fragile a sports career is. hopefully she does recover, but just in case, she was smart to not completely abandon her politics/philosophy books at home.

get well soon petkorazzi. i, for one, will miss you in the meantime.

Corswandt
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:29 AM
And Petkovic is so fit, shows how random these bad injuries are. Could happen to any player, even the fittest.

Her godawful technique probably had a lot to do with it - all the more so when she plays such a physical game. Good technique isn't just the best way to smoothly transfer the body's energy into one's strokes and movement; it also helps avoid injuries (see Federer, for instance).

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Her godawful technique probably had a lot to do with it - all the more so when she plays such a physical game. Good technique isn't just the best way to smoothly transfer the body's energy into one's strokes and movement; it also helps avoid injuries (see Federer, for instance).

Also the fact that she has such poor natural timing, and so has to use a lot more body weight (and thus stress on the body) than most players at her level just to generate the pace she does. It's why I think Kvitova will have a relatively injury-free career because, like Davenport, she has great timing and so is able to let her racquet do most of the work and puts less stress on her body, whereas players like the Williamses and Sharapova who aren't so blessed in the natural timing department have picked up all sorts of upper-body injuries (and it's no coincidence either that Serena's rate of injuries slowed dramatically once she adopted a more high-% game that put less stress on her body from 2007 onwards, her freak foot injury aside).

Carsten
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:42 AM

She never had any back-problems before and she is actually has always been quite injury-free apart from her ACL injury 2008. She actually only retied from a match twice in her carreer (once because of the ACL and once because of illness), so her technique can't be that bad towards her body. ;)

It's why I think Kvitova will have a relatively injury-free career because, like Davenport, she has great timing and so is able to let her racquet do most of the work and puts less stress on her body,

Yeah, and Lindsay did have all sorts of injuries despite her amazing tachnique.

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM
What would her prospects be if she had back surgery? Would it be guaranteed that she'd be able to (eventually) resume playing in full fitness?

If so, surely it's best for her to cut her losses and just go for surgery at this point? :shrug: It's probably not smart to just pray for a miracle that it heals on its own, when if it doesn't she'll just end up fucking up her back even more and delaying the point where she can again play properly again. Even if it does take a couple of years to rehabilitate post-surgery, she's still young so it would surely be feasible? :shrug:

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah, and Lindsay did have all sorts of injuries despite her amazing tachnique.

Mainly knee problems, which is more because of how unathletic she was and not really related to her timing/technique.

Queenpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:49 AM
do the petkodance

Kooyong
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:51 AM
What would her prospects be if she had back surgery? Would it be guaranteed that she'd be able to (eventually) resume playing in full fitness?

If so, surely it's best for her to cut her losses and just go for surgery at this point? :shrug: It's probably not smart to just pray for a miracle that it heals on its own, when if it doesn't she'll just end up fucking up her back even more and delaying the point where she can again play properly again. Even if it does take a couple of years to rehabilitate post-surgery, she's still young so it would surely be feasible? :shrug:

If it is a airline fracture (meaning like a line on a china bowl) I am not sure if surgery is the best option.

It may be best too allow it to heal naturally.

Carsten
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:54 AM

Noone really knows because it seems to be such a rare injury. And the one who said a surgery would be possible wasn't her doctor, just a random "specialist" whom she never met. So I wouldn't take that too serious first of all.

She's now on vacation because a warm climate would probably help her bones to recover.

Carsten
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Mainly knee problems, which is more because of how unathletic she was and not really related to her timing/technique.

Yeah she had a knee surgery (or several?), but she definitely did have some back problems at some point, too.

Dugavljan
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:16 AM

agree.

Stonerpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:11 AM
A real shame. Hopefully she gets the treatment she needs and can get back on tour. Tennis needs players like her. :hug:

Brad[le]y.
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Noone really knows because it seems to be such a rare injury. And the one who said a surgery would be possible wasn't her doctor, just a random "specialist" whom she never met. So I wouldn't take that too serious first of all.

She's now on vacation because a warm climate would probably help her bones to recover.

where? :p

Sp!ffy
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:13 AM
"...probably a lot of the dancing that she's been doing..."

Carsten
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
where? :p

She's in the Maldives. :)

Sammo
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:43 PM
She's in the Maldives. :)

Damn, lucky her

doujyr
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM
players like the Williamses and Sharapova who aren't so blessed in the natural timing department have picked up all sorts of upper-body injuries

what a load of tosh. pova has only really ever had one upper body injury, the torn rc, and that happened stretching for a wide one vs a bondarenko. all the shoulder issues stemmed from that.

Charlatan
Feb 21st, 2012, 02:40 AM
what a load of tosh. pova has only really ever had one upper body injury, the torn rc, and that happened stretching for a wide one vs a bondarenko. all the shoulder issues stemmed from that.

no, her shoulder problem has basically stemmed since that injury in 2004 zurich.

fawnrc
Feb 21st, 2012, 03:12 AM
A real shame. Hopefully she gets the treatment she needs and can get back on tour. Tennis needs players like her. :hug:

Not really!! don't miss her at all.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:04 AM
Damn, lucky her

+1 :o I actually have a back problem myself but I don't get to take trips :lol:

Johnbert
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:22 PM
goods news here from petko! :)

http://www.sport1.de/de/tennis/tennis_wta/newspage_522861.html

i will try to translate it with my bad english :o

ok, barbara rittner said, that the bone is close-knit and that you can only see a small hairline-crack. she will go back to reha at donaustauf, train in gym for 2 weeks and after that she can train on the court again. in 4 weeks they will control the back again and if she's healty she can come back to the tour :drool:

Tomic
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Petkovic comeback draws near
A comeback on the back injured Andrea Petkovic is getting closer: After returning from an eight-day Maldives trip for a new investigation of the tennis world rankings tithes revealed on Friday with Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt in Munich, a significant improvement of fatigue failure in the sacroiliac joint.

"The bone is almost completely grown together. You only have a mini-craze," said Fed Cup team boss Barbara Rittner on Friday, the Sports Information Service (SID), and let out a cry of joy.

Petkovic is now back in rehab center physiotherapist Klaus Eder Donaustauf to go back where they had been arrested nearly three weeks. In the next two weeks is harder to workout, then the Darmstädterin may return to training on the pitch.

In four weeks, a further and perhaps final examination to clarify whether the bone can withstand the load. Then, you could go ahead for a comeback by Petkovic be given.

It is quite possible that the German number one in the Fed Cup 21-22. April against Australia in Stuttgart celebrates its official return.

For their participation in the Australian Open in mid-January, the 24-year-old had to abandon because of the "treacherous injury" (Petkovic).

The date it was Blessur according to the Hessian, worldwide only 29 times: "I've really cracked the jackpot." Their last match so far has it on 10 January 2012 in Sydney in the loss to the Pole Agnieszka Radwanska in dispute

Stonerpova
Not really!! don't miss her at all.

Oh, you don't miss her? Okay I take what I said back then.

:facepalm:

Tomic
there U go Johnbert

Johnbert
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:27 PM
there U go Johnbert

thank you tomic :) :worship:

lefty24
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yay I can't wait to see her back!
Really miss her.

Patrick345
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:28 PM
So first she tries to rehab it, and it doesn´t get better. Then she simply rests for nine days (and you know she is a gym rat)and it heals almost completely. Why not prolong the vacation and wait till it is completely healed? I just hope she just doens´t rush the rehab and makes it worse again. But it sounds so much better. :)

Jimmie48
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Of course I don't wish ill on anybody and I want her to be healthy but saying that I miss her would be quite a big stretch...

Tomic
Feb 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
It good too see that player can get heal for this back problem hopefully Safina can rebound as well.

n1_and_uh_noone
Feb 24th, 2012, 07:03 PM

Well, Federer has had an ongoing back problem for a while now (Wimbledon 2010 was him suffering from it), and despite the smooth serve and effortless technique. Has he had wrist problems? The wristwork that goes into that forehand is :eek:

Ferg
Feb 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Of course I don't wish ill on anybody and I want her to be healthy but saying that I miss her would be quite a big stretch...

How nice of you to come here especially to post that. Suppose you need a diversion from Wozniacki being shit.

Israel
Feb 24th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Yay I can't wait to see her back!
Really miss her.
Lol I like the multiple meaning "can't wait to see her back"
Well the tour sure is somewhat duller without her playing, looking forward to her return.

matthias
Feb 24th, 2012, 07:14 PM
hopefully she will be back for the clay-court events :)

Fantasy Hero
Feb 24th, 2012, 07:57 PM
i may be counted as a hater of her, but I could never be happy with such a news :hug: please get healthy soon, i know on my skin how hurtful it is a back injury.

Potato
Feb 24th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Miss her spunk and personality. Wish for her to get healthy. Back injuries = the bane of tennis players.

Gdsimmons
Feb 24th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I like Petkovic. But she does not need to rush things. IF she rushes then things will hit the skids even further ala Safina. Take all the possible time.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Can't wait until she returns :awww:

dsanders06
Feb 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Huh. I actually felt happy when I read that she was on the mend :scratch: Maybe I subconsciously like her afterall.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 24th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Huh. I actually felt happy when I read that she was on the mend :scratch: Maybe I subconsciously like her afterall.

maybe because she stopped Wozniacki from winning her 6th consecutive tier I title :shrug:

Archer16
Feb 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Petkovic comeback draws near
A comeback on the back injured Andrea Petkovic is getting closer: After returning from an eight-day Maldives trip for a new investigation of the tennis world rankings tithes revealed on Friday with Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt in Munich, a significant improvement of fatigue failure in the sacroiliac joint.

"The bone is almost completely grown together. You only have a mini-craze," said Fed Cup team boss Barbara Rittner on Friday, the Sports Information Service (SID), and let out a cry of joy.

Petkovic is now back in rehab center physiotherapist Klaus Eder Donaustauf to go back where they had been arrested nearly three weeks. In the next two weeks is harder to workout, then the Darmstädterin may return to training on the pitch.

In four weeks, a further and perhaps final examination to clarify whether the bone can withstand the load. Then, you could go ahead for a comeback by Petkovic be given.

It is quite possible that the German number one in the Fed Cup 21-22. April against Australia in Stuttgart celebrates its official return.

For their participation in the Australian Open in mid-January, the 24-year-old had to abandon because of the "treacherous injury" (Petkovic).

The date it was Blessur according to the Hessian, worldwide only 29 times: "I've really cracked the jackpot." Their last match so far has it on 10 January 2012 in Sydney in the loss to the Pole Agnieszka Radwanska in dispute
Google translate :lol:
A translation to real English would be appreciated ;)
Anyway, good news, but I'll save the cheering to when she's actually healthy and playing.

-NAJ-
Feb 25th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Today her coach wrote on twitter that news are good;)
and she will start to practice little & she will be 100% when clay season start

CillyUltra
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM
goods news here from petko! :)

http://www.sport1.de/de/tennis/tennis_wta/newspage_522861.html

i will try to translate it with my bad english :o

ok, barbara rittner said, that the bone is close-knit and that you can only see a small hairline-crack. she will go back to reha at donaustauf, train in gym for 2 weeks and after that she can train on the court again. in 4 weeks they will control the back again and if she's healty she can come back to the tour :drool:

Good to hear that.

After 7 pages of TF drama Petkovic is on her way back. :)

QuestJon
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Aha

She was in reha for weeks and it didn't went better.

She stopped reha because of zero success,
instead got to the maledives for 8 days and all of a sudden is almost well.

Logical reaction?
to continue maledives or go back to reha?

CillyUltra
Feb 25th, 2012, 09:19 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6760/tweetwt.png

StoneRose
Feb 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM
That's good news for sure.

JustPetko
Feb 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6760/tweetwt.png

That says everything ;)

Talula
Feb 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Any player that can spice up the Tour is needed. I'm not a fan, but I hope she's better and back soon.

Libertango
Feb 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Great to hear she is on the mend. All the best Andrea!

:tape: :help:

danieln1
Feb 27th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I miss her from the tour :sad:

dsanders06
Feb 28th, 2012, 01:51 AM
So, did she get a misdiagnosis before or what? It seems utterly bizarre that the prognosis would be that it's going to take ages to recover one week, only to be almost completely healed just a couple of weeks later :lol:

StoneRose
Feb 28th, 2012, 01:53 AM
So, did she get a misdiagnosis before or what? It seems utterly bizarre that the prognosis would be that it's going to take ages to recover one week, only to be almost completely healed just a couple of weeks later :lol:Agree, happy all the same though.

Carsten
Feb 28th, 2012, 02:07 AM
So, did she get a misdiagnosis before or what? It seems utterly bizarre that the prognosis would be that it's going to take ages to recover one week, only to be almost completely healed just a couple of weeks later :lol:

they didn't say it's going to take ages, they said they don't know how long it will take ;)

doujyr
Feb 28th, 2012, 02:40 AM
8 days in the Maldives and i'd recover from most things

davidmario
Feb 28th, 2012, 06:46 AM
she should learn from that and stop working her ass off in the gym. it is not called a STRESS fracture for no reason. It means her off court work over the past months/year has been too intense.

Carsten
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:55 PM
http://www.tennismagazin.de/aktuell/news/detail.php?object_id=203068&class=37&pid=1

She talked to her doctor and will definitely come back in Stuttgart! :)

matthias
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
:woohoo:

Ksenia_PervakFAN
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Andrea=Dinara ?

Mrs. Dimitrova
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hope she gets better soon.

pov
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
http://www.tennismagazin.de/aktuell/news/detail.php?object_id=203068&class=37&pid=1

:yeah: Excellent!

tennisbum79
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:24 PM
too bad.

Her absence is really felt.
The tour needs personality liker hers to spice up things

tennisbum79
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM

Great!

Nice to hear

Patrick345
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:26 PM

Hope evertyhing is fine and she can return to her pre-injury form, cause the Tour could really use her. :bounce::bounce:

kiriosh.
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Petko :bounce:

StoneRose
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:50 PM

She talked to her doctor and will definitely come back in Stuttgart! :)Nice :yeah:.

Sammo
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Good to hear.

edificio
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I hope it isn't too soon.

Brad[le]y.
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:15 AM
:woohoo:

can;t wait :D

RandomShot
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:54 AM