PDA

View Full Version : Doha 1r: Ksenia Pervak def. [10]Nastia Pavlyuchenkova 16 62 63

Sabinator.
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Bakery :spit:

Jane Lane
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Downward spiral. :shrug:

Remix13
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Well done Ksenia, first win of the year I think :)

madmax
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
:facepalm:

plokploky
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:03 PM
:cheer:well done pervak.Never seen her play, but like her name, so I'll cheer for her.

Jorn
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Nastya :o

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:06 PM
good win for Ksyusha ;)
but Nastya :rolleyes: keeps on losing to anyone these days :help:

at least she's got more time for photoshoots now :o
having a photoshoot yesterday :cuckoo:

Coldfront
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Expected :fiery:

Tomic
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Nastya :o wat hell wrong

Nastya should really played Bogota & Monterrey Open for the third time anyway pick it up Nastya

Landon92
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:12 PM
maybe she is too fat, that's good excuse.

Tomic
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:15 PM
playing Bogota & Monterrey Open could been easy points

Sombrerero loco
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM
chunkova :facepalm:

Excelscior
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Wow!

Talk about a bad start to a year (and end of last year as well).

Get better Pav's!!

Beat
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
what a bad loss, even for a slumping pav. hopefully she can turn things around soon.

Israel
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Xeniya* probably played well. Pavlyuchenkova seems to slump lately, hope she'd hold things together.

Gilas.
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Guess who's not going to London :facepalm: :facepalm:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Downward spiral. :shrug:

Way to early to write Nastya off and I certainly wouldn't do that. She has already demostrated she has to potential to be a top 10 player. But whether or not that potential is fulfilled is another thing altogether. She is still young and still in all likelihood has a long career ahead of her. That career could still go in a multitude of different directions and with a great range of success levels still possible.

But for the time being there is no question. Right now Nastya's tennis career is in a downward spiral. And Nastya is going to have to work very hard over the next few weeks to change that short-term course.

Tennis Fool
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:46 PM
That's embarrassing. Good thing for Pav she did nothing at this time last year, either. Bad thing, she has Monterrey to defend.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Guess who's not going to London :facepalm: :facepalm:

She still has a chance I'd say. But whereas a few months ago she looked a lock for a place at the Olympics now at best it's a one in three shot.

Yeah, on balance I think the likelihood is she has blown it.

Cilla
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Nastia :facepalm:

Gilas.
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:49 PM
She still has a chance I'd say. But whereas a few months ago she looked a lock for a place at the Olympics now at best it's a one in three shot.

Yeah, on balance I think the likelihood is she has blown it.

True, but unless she does SOMETHING soon I highly doubt she will make it, at least not for singles.

JoPova
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:49 PM
What's happening to Pavlyuchenkova?! She has so much potential!

Fantasy Hero
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:59 PM
:cheer: Ksenia :inlove:

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Wow...I thought Nastya could go all her way up but instead she goes to the other direction.:tape:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:04 PM
True, but unless she does SOMETHING soon I highly doubt she will make it, at least not for singles.

She surely won't make it in doubles. Pretty sure the Russian doubles teams will be Kuznetsova/Zvonareva and Kirilenko/Petrova.

Berlin_Calling
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Nastia WTF!!! :help:

donellcarey
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM
:facepalm: Nastya

Potapovushina
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Ksyusha :cheer:

Nastya is :help:

Tomic
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Nastia better find some form be for RG she have QF Point to defend there

Irute
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Nastia better find some form be for RG she have QF Point to defend there

I have no idea what is causing her lack of performance, but I suspect that thinking short term (e.g. RG) may be wrong thing to do. Nastya may have to deal with larger issues, for example she is becoming a grown woman and her weight may be affecting her to much larger degree than before. It is not only from fitness perspective, but perhaps more importantly speed and how it impacts timing. This could be at least three month project optimistically to address if all stars align themselves.

goldenlox
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Nastia started this year very slowly. Who knows, this sport is very mental, and she has to figure it out for herself

bbjpa
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Ksenia, two top 20 wins now :yeah:

Tomic
Feb 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I have no idea what is causing her lack of performance, but I suspect that thinking short term (e.g. RG) may be wrong thing to do. Nastya may have to deal with larger issues, for example she is becoming a grown woman and her weight may be affecting her to much larger degree than before. It is not only from fitness perspective, but perhaps more importantly speed and how it impacts timing. This could be at least three month project optimistically to address if all stars align themselves.

I highly I guess She need a Know Fitness Team to help. But that an Issues that need to be fit as well.

Stonerpova
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:05 PM
No words :facepalm:

Madoka
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
excpected.

seriously ?

please nastya retire. -_-

killerqueen
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:07 PM
What's going on with Nastya? :(

StoneRose
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:39 PM
One day she'll start winning (some) matches again, Have to be patient until then apparently.

Julian.
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Omg well done Ksenia :worship::hearts: finally found your form :D

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
What's going on with Nastya? :(

Too many off court activities :o
Which idiot arranges a photo shoot the day before they play

dsanders06
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Ffs. She's been sucking ever since I clambered onto her bandwagon :facepalm:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Losing to Pervak :tape: yeah, the situation is bad, its really bad.

The Dawntreader
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Losing to Pervak :tape: yeah, the situation is bad, its really bad.

It's criminal really.

cowsonice
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM
:spit:

A slump is here.

tejmeglekvár
Feb 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM

she had problems with her shoulder lately, she said. Also her coaching situation maybe isnt perfect either.
Well, and perhaps other problems.

Phenomareva
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Ksyusha :yeah:
Pavs :facepalm:

John.
Feb 13th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Nastya :weirdo: What's going on with her at the moment

Scola
Feb 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
:cheer:well done pervak.Never seen her play, but like her name, so I'll cheer for her.

why people like you bother to post?:rolleyes:

plokploky
Feb 13th, 2012, 10:06 PM
why people like you bother to post?:rolleyes:

I don't like pavs, so why can't I be happy for the person who beat her?

sweetadri06
Feb 14th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Something is up with Babyfat lately. Whether it's off-court activities, poor fitness or something else. I hope she can get it together, or else it's going to be a big drop.

BillFromRichmond
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:30 AM
maybe she is too fat, that's good excuse.

Way to early to write Nastya off and I certainly wouldn't do that. She has already demostrated she has to potential to be a top 10 player. But whether or not that potential is fulfilled is another thing altogether. She is still young and still in all likelihood has a long career ahead of her. That career could still go in a multitude of different directions and with a great range of success levels still possible.

But for the time being there is no question. Right now Nastya's tennis career is in a downward spiral. And Nastya is going to have to work very hard over the next few weeks to change that short-term course.

Lack of fitness and speed always catches up with them at some point. Is she going to get the message?