PDA

View Full Version : Doha 1st. Shuai Peng def. Fatma Al Nabhani 6-0 7-5

Vikapower
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
:confused: :confused: Hard to believe that a girl like Fatma with such incredible potential is still out of the top 200 since last time I saw her against Jelena in Doha. She's 1991, I hope she finds the secret, infrastructures, coach [...] or what ever prevents her from being a better ranked.

crazillo
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Well, Al Nabhani ist okay but not great. Doesn't move well enough IMO, and her shots don't lack pace but they lack consistency, esapcially the BH. She still tried really hard and you have to give her credit for it. I think the WC was justified.

Peng is not as good as she was last year.

duhcity
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Feel like we see her every year, says she has potential and ability, and then never hear anything major until next year.

Israel
:confused: :confused: Hard to believe that a girl like Fatma with such incredible potential is still out of the top 200 since last time I saw her against Jelena in Doha. She's 1991, I hope she finds the secret, infrastructures, coach [...] or what ever prevents her from being a better ranked.
She isn't playing that many tournaments really. If she got used the Shuai's pace in the beginning it would've probably been a 3 setter.
Her forehand is really good.

Landon92
Fatma has similar future to Mirza ahead of her. Nice forehand, bad movement and backhand. Tragic serve is the only thing that she has to improve to be next Mirza. Anyway, she has WC here to the end of her life.

Peng is such a pusher, average player, nothing in her game is really interesting, maybe that useless trying to play one-handed forehand, because it makes me laugh :worship:.

Sombrerero loco
are you kidding right? :facepalm: she just has no game, peng was awful during the second and was serving like shit too :facepalm:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Fatma should have taken that 2nd set :(
So unlucky :sad:

longtin23
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Fatma has improved from set1 to set2, and make Peng to play more... She has a great potential I think, great forehand and first service, but she needs to work on her consistancy and first serve%... I think she can be in top 100 later and I will follow her results :oh:

Peng :facepalm: Awful, she tries to place her balls to the sideline at the end, but her shots lack power and full of topspin which doesn't work, and also many times, she put the ball back to the centre... The only shot saving her is her service... Please improve or work harder or you should retire...

Miracle Worker
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Fatma maybe has potential, but 1000 more players has potential too.....

But she has no game now, no shots, no serve, no results...

I guess 5 games against Peng is her best result.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
al nabhani seems to have nothing special imo. i dont see her any better than top 200 player =S at her best

donellcarey
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
...How did that 2nd set almost slip away from Peng...Still a nice win!

Losing Streak
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Well she should belong to Top 300 at least IMO... :shrug: Nice fight anyway!

Pasta-Na
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
ShuShu :)

Vikapower
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
are you kidding right? :facepalm: she just has no game, peng was awful during the second and was serving like shit too :facepalm:

:lol: She has game I think or anyways an esquisse of a what game she could have in her hands if she was able to put efficient work in the departments that fail her.

Well, Al Nabhani ist okay but not great. Doesn't move well enough IMO, and her shots don't lack pace but they lack consistency, esapcially the BH. She still tried really hard and you have to give her credit for it. I think the WC was justified.

Peng is not as good as she was last year.

Not great but she really has potential and with efficient work considering her natural strengths. :shrug:

Yeah she's very inconsistent but I don't find she moves that bad, her footwork is good probably running side to side, frontwards etc... is weak but she's reactive off the ground, seems precise and efficient in the small perimeter. It's work, lack of match play (??) IDK.

IT's hard to get infos on players like that.

BlueTrees
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Shushu :lol:

Jane Lane
Feb 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM

:lol: At one point in the 2nd she had 12 FH winners to Peng's 3.

Might be a funding thing, she can't really get out of the country to play. :shrug:

Lachy
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Ajde Shuai! Moving on.

Noctis
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Shushu has a serious injury, you fools, she's playing in pain

plokploky
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
The only good thing about this match is that my suicide and tip the loser is still good. Peng was shocking in the second set.:o

Gilas.
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Habibti :hug: Well fought. Some good shots from the forehand :)
WD Peng for hanging in there 'til the end.

SAISAI-GOAT
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
didn't see the match ... did Shuai look in pain :shrug:

JoPova
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:44 PM
How was Peng's movement? I read about her injury and it looks serious!

Gilas.
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM
^Seemed ok to me but there were definitely some shots that she did not go for. She really didn't have to move much though because Fatma was spraying errors (50 + UEs entire match).

She has some tape on her knee but there were no medical timeouts or anything. I guess she has to face an elite player or a good defensive player so we can see how her knee really is :shrug:

JoPova
Feb 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
^Seemed ok to me but there were definitely some shots that she did not go for. She really didn't have to move much though because Fatma was spraying errors (50 + UEs entire match).

She has some tape on her knee but there were no medical timeouts or anything. I guess she has to face an elite player or a good defensive player so we can see how her knee really is :shrug:

Thanks! ;) Let's hope she can totally recover from this injury and stay healthy!

M.P
Feb 13th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Fatma :hug: please improve consistency(keep saying every year :sad:)