PDA

View Full Version : $100,000 Cali, Final: (2)Alexandra Dulgheru def. Mandy Minella 6-3 1-6 6-3

Curcubeu
Feb 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Rain break at the beginning of the final set messed it up a bit for Alexandra who lost her break lead, but afterwards Minella became far too impatient.

Good win and confidenece boost in view of the upcoming tournament in Bogota! :)

Jane Lane
Feb 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Mandy :sobbing: But still, a F and top 100 to boot is a good week :bounce:

Fantasy Hero
Feb 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
clay GOAT :drool:

keep it going Alex :rocker2:

RobinT83
Feb 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Expected result, obviously :shrug:
Yeah, Mugnella is good looking, i mean really good looking but she's bad, i mean really bad (her strokes are ugly as hell too).
Pushgheru is the better player by quite a margin so she won.

Tennisfan06
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Mandy finally into top 100 :hearts:

Tennisfan06
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Mandy :sobbing: But still, a F and top 100 to boot is a good week :bounce:

Also doubles victory :)

Miracle Worker
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Alexandra :cheer:

Brussels is waiting for you :oh:

The Kaz
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Alexandra :cheer:

Brussels is waiting for you :oh:

She just needs to pretend it's Warsaw :hysteric:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I will say it right now. I have a very good feeling about Alex's form at the moment. I think the next few months are going to bring her a lot of success. Top 30 by the end of Wimbledon would seem very realistic to me.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 12th, 2012, 11:56 PM
alex saving the sewta :bowdown:

Sombrerero loco
Feb 12th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I will say it right now. I have a very good feeling about Alex's form at the moment. I think the next few months are going to bring her a lot of success. Top 30 by the end of Wimbledon would seem very realistic to me.

she was 5-1 down in the third set against LDL :unsure:

Lulu.
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Alex. :yeah:

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:43 AM
she was 5-1 down in the third set against LDL :unsure:

And......

LDL is pretty good on clay. Last year she won Bogota. And anytime you are able to come back from 5-1 down on clay in the 3rd it shows you are hungry and it shows you are fit. I don't see this as a bad sign at all.

The signs I like are that she is clearly healthy and she is clearly very motivated. That is all you can really hope for in a player. The rest will all fall into place when you have those two elements going.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:44 AM
LDL is out of form right now and comes from an injury, plus she is a choker...so wasting a 5-1 is common in her

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:50 AM
LDL is out of form right now and comes from an injury, plus she is a choker...so wasting a 5-1 is common in her

If that is what you want to believe....:shrug:

Get back you me after Wimbledon and we will see where Alex is. ;)

Curcubeu
Feb 13th, 2012, 12:56 AM
She has still 250 points to defend from last year's tournament in Miami! :oh:

However, even she as a natural claycourter always needed some time to adapt to that surface after some matches on Hard. It was the same the years before and from watching the match, there are still some things (especially her net game and backhand) which can and should be improved.
In my opinion she even played better on hard against Kvitova and Zvonareva than she did this week on clay, but some matches under her belt and she will surely come up with some good results as well. I'm only happy that her physical form is back to where it used to be in 2010. At the end of last year, she was barely able to play back to back matches...