PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis Admiration Thread

alfajeffster
Feb 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I know, I'm an unlikely person to start this thread, but I agree, there really should be a thread dedicated to this great tennis mind. While we all (most do anyway) how much I'm partial to Steffi, I always thoroughly enjoyed watching Martina Hingis play. I had the fortune to watch her go through a warm-up prior to a match at Indian Wells years ago, and all she did was hit balls all over the court, and could take anything and everything her male hitting parter could give her, and nearly always put the ball in the best place to make getting to it and doing anything with it very difficult. And she wasn't even breaking a sweat- she seemed to just know a fraction of a second early where to run, and she had some of the best hands I've EVER seen, male or female. I never posted anything here before, because I was still clinging to a hope that she might make another brief return. I miss watching her play.

alfajeffster
Feb 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Well, so much for this thread. I guess she's still too young and too attractive, and people here just don't want to give the girl her props. Or maybe, there's a collective feeling that (like ITHF requirements), she has to be retired for a certain number of years before she is considered "past". I don't have any Hingis pics to share, just stories of matches and the practice I saw. Anyone out there? Hello. Hello. Hello. Okay- fantasy doubles match (all players at their peak of prowess): Navratilova / Zvereva vs. King / Hingis. Discuss.

Seleção82
Feb 12th, 2012, 09:03 PM
There is already a thread for her:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=411949

(look who is the last poster there ... :lol:)

alfajeffster
Feb 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
You know, when Rollo said he wouldn't mind seeing a Martina Hingis thread in the Blast, I did the right thing- searched past threads for one, and found nothing, so created this one. I don't get it. Won't make the same mistake again. Sorry kids.