PDA

View Full Version : how to meet the boyfriend's daughter for the first time?

Christinawww
Feb 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM
The situation shortly: I'm 30, female, he's 38. He has a daughter who's 5, turns 6 in July. He doesn't see her often. He's supposed to have her Sundays in even weeks, but doesn't happen all the time. We've been together since November 2010 and I moved in with him during the second week of our relationship. I haven't met the dauughter yet. At first it was to be sure of the relationship before involving a young girl. Then it was more the norm, and the ex-wife who has been protective of her daughter. I've never voiced a disagreement. I've been understanding and supportive of her/their decision. I'm now 6 months pregnant, so telling me to leave the apartment whenever the daghter is here is getting more and more difficult. So the ex-wife has now agreed to let him introduce me and the daughter, and I am nervous as ****.
So I am asking those of you with experience, either being the new girlfriend, or being the one with the child, what to expect, how to act etc.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 11th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Well, I'm sure you like kids, so don't have to be forcing yourself to do anything special. Your pregnancy is actually a good medium for you and the girl to bond together.;)