PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Qatar Open

everythingtaboo
Feb 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hopefully all recovered from her illness and ready to kick some ass! Auf geht's! :bounce:

everythingtaboo
Feb 11th, 2012, 02:14 PM
@Kfish_WTA: Bottom half 1r @QatarTennis incl. Pennetta vs Cibulkova, Ivanovic vs Suarez Navarro, Gajdosova vs Cirstea, Kerber vs Lisicki

:mad: :facepalm:

Ziva
Feb 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Kerber in first Round couldnt get worse

and again she is a lefty

maturedgirl
Feb 11th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Let's see it positive - for the one who wins it's a nice draw :p

Ziva
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
maybe but H2H is 3-0 for Kerber and Sabine would really need some wins, not a first round K.O

lets hope the best for Sabs

Lisickinator
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Don't like the draw. I hope someone from the top 8 seeds withdraws.

everythingtaboo
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:19 PM
(1)Victoria Azarenka (BLR) v BYE
Q v Mona Barthel (GER)
Iveta Benesova (CZE) v Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE)
Simona Halep (ROU) v (15)Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)

(10)Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) v Ksenia Pervak (KAZ)
Q v (wc)Ons Jabeur (TUN)
Ayumi Morita (JPN) v Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)
(7)Francesca Schiavone (ITA) v BYE

(4)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v BYE
Q v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Q v Q
Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR) v (16)Julia Goerges (GER)

(12)Shuai Peng (CHN) v (wc)Fatma Al Nabhani (OMA)
Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v Christina McHale (USA)
(wc)Nadia Lalami (MAR) v Shahar Peer (ISR)
(8)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v BYE

(6)Vera Zvonareva (RUS) v BYE
Elena Vesnina (RUS) v Monica Niculescu (ROU)
Q v Q
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v (11)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

(13)Ana Ivanovic (SRB) v Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
Petra Martic (CRO) v Petra Cetkovska (CZE)
Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) v Sorana Cirstea (ROU)
(3)Samantha Stosur (AUS) v BYE

(5)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v BYE
Klara Zakopalova (CZE) v Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v Polona Hercog (SLO)
Angelique Kerber (GER) v (9)Sabine Lisicki (GER)

(14)Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)
Jie Zheng (CHN) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v Q
(2)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE

If she beats Kerber, I like her draw for the next few rounds after that. She can and has beaten Bartoli, who is still in Paris at the moment, so she could be tired.

But, let's focus on that 1R first. :tape:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:49 PM
That draw. I need one of these....................:facepalm:

cosmoose
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:58 PM
only positive I see is that Angie is going to be very tired after playing in Paris finals.
She then has to fly to Doha and suffer jetlag while Sabine will be fresh.

This sucks for both players. How can they have two Q vs. Q and also have this as R1 match? fail!

Ziva
Feb 11th, 2012, 05:04 PM
its a conspiracy against the German uprising in Womans Tennis ;)

moviemac
Feb 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
She can and has beaten Bartoli, who is still in Paris at the moment, so she could be tired.

Unlikely, Bartoli has a bye in R1 and a walking bye in R2. :shrug: Anyway, this will (probably) be a nice R3 match, either a rematch from Wimbledon QF or a rematch from tomorrows Paris F. :worship: Both matches won by the German girls. :angel:

Rovegun
Feb 11th, 2012, 05:25 PM
if Sabine is fit she could use her advantage and beat Angie who will be tired... pretty tough main draw for everyone participating in..

Michael!
Feb 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Sabine always had problems with Angie in the past and it won´t be easy for her after that disappointing FED Cup weekend!
We´ll see, maybe Kerber is tired a bit and Sabine is unpredictable anyway but wouldn´be too surprised if Sabine would lose that but as I said, not really predictable :lol:

Geekking
Feb 11th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I believe Sabine can beat Kerber and Bartoli also. Kerber will be tired and jetlagged, Bartoli recently playing terrible tennis. Lets Go Sabine!

Mike81
Feb 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Again a leftie, and an in form one in Kerber. Has Sabine learnt from Fed Cup?

cosmoose
Feb 12th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Again a leftie, and an in form one in Kerber. Has Sabine learnt from Fed Cup?

Angie is a lefty but her game is quite different from Petra.

Mike81
Feb 12th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Angie is a lefty but her game is quite different from Petra.

True she's no Petra. This draw is a bit of a concern though for Bine fans. She needs a strong straight sets win in my opinion after a few heartbreaking 3 set losses in a row.

maturedgirl
Feb 12th, 2012, 06:17 AM
its a conspiracy against the German uprising in Womans Tennis ;)

:lol:

The more germans in MD, the higher possibility of german duels, that's the reverse side of german tennis wonder :lol:

Let's hope Angie wins today in a long tough match and decides to withdraw. Finally she needs some time to celebrate her first great win on WTA-Tour.:devil:

Then everything is clear for a Sabs Hf :rolleyes:

everythingtaboo
Feb 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Sabine is also playing doubles! With Kirilenko. :hearts: With Sabine's serve, and Kiri's volleys they could/should be a pretty decent team.

Mike81
Feb 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Bine and Kiri doubles combination :hearts:

Sabinator.
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Sabine is also playing doubles! With Kirilenko. :hearts: With Sabine's serve, and Kiri's volleys they could/should be a pretty decent team.

:eek: Never expected that :worship:

For Doha singles... You couldn't get toughter rival in 1st round, especially for 9th seed, when it was sooo close to get a BYE :o In-form player, leftie, Angelique Kerber, could be very dangerous, Sabine needs to fear a little... But, Angie's playing a final in Paris indoor, so that's a big advantage for Sabine. She's in Doha for a quite long time, she certainly trained much on these courts. Angie will had a big problem: quick travel to Qatar, lack of training, shift from quick indoor surface and sterile conditions to quite slow court outdoors. In the past - every player reaching finals in Paris bumped out later very quickly or just withdrew. I just hope Marion will give Kerber a solid impression in the final to had no strenght for anything later :devil: :lol:

I'm generally optimistic. If she defeat Angie, later will be much easier. Go Sabine! :hearts:

Oh, I forgot to add something... Small statistics. Sabine had 4 defeats in 2012. 1 against right-handed Sharapova and 3(!) against lefties (Kerber, Benesova, Kvitova). In Paris she had to play with Safarova :help:

Rovegun
Feb 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Bine and Kiri doubles combination :hearts:

agree! one of dream teams on tour :hearts: really Masha´s volleys and Sabine´s serves could work pretty well!

:eek: Never expected that :worship:

For Doha singles... You couldn't get toughter rival in 1st round, especially for 9th seed, when it was sooo close to get a BYE :o In-form player, leftie, Angelique Kerber, could be very dangerous, Sabine needs to fear a little... But, Angie's playing a final in Paris indoor, so that's a big advantage for Sabine. She's in Doha for a quite long time, she certainly trained much on these courts. Angie will had a big problem: quick travel to Qatar, lack of training, shift from quick indoor surface and sterile conditions to quite slow court outdoors. In the past - every player reaching finals in Paris bumped out later very quickly or just withdrew. I just hope Marion will give Kerber a solid impression in the final to had no strenght for anything later :devil: :lol:

I'm generally optimistic. If she defeat Angie, later will be much easier. Go Sabine! :hearts:

Oh, I forgot to add something... Small statistics. Sabine had 4 defeats in 2012. 1 against right-handed Sharapova and 3(!) against lefties (Kerber, Benesova, Kvitova). In Paris she had to play with Safarova :help:

agree! many winners of Paris lost in 1st or 2nd round of Doha... but players needs money and you can get some in 1st round as well... but it would be benefit for winners of previous tournament to rest for next week....

Specter
Feb 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Kiri and Bine!! :hearts: I hope they're successful, because that's a combo I'd like to see more of. :yeah:

For the singles, I'm a little pessimistic. Yes, Angie won't be fresh after Paris, but she's in great form and Bine is having one of her erratic phases. The h2h is also looking pretty grim.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM
And now Angie is a WTA champion! She might be tired, but if she plays, she'll be full of confidence, & why not!

At least Sabs knows she'll need to play well to beat her, unless as said, Angie skips Doha.

Lisickinator
Feb 13th, 2012, 05:36 PM
first match tomorrow on center court at 3:30 pm (1:30 pm CET)

Geekking
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
ANOTHER TOURNAMENT, ANOTHER BAD MATCH, ANOTHER LOTS OF UES AND BAD FIST SERVE PERCENTAGE. :no:
Kerber was tired, jetlagged and sleepless from Paris. She played bad but Sabine played worst.
What was her excuse to play this bad?

CHANGE YOUR COACH AND YOUR TEAM SABINE! PLEASE :sad:

PS: The guy who was sitting between her dad and mother was Dawid Celt who is Agnieszka Radwanska's hitting partner and 2nd coach. I think she tried to get help from him. If she does this is confirming that she needs a professional coach and a team!
Btw, she also took help from Samantha Stosur's coach, David Taylor when she was playing in Wimbledon.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450883

everythingtaboo
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
^ AGREED! Disappointing loss after disappointing loss. 56 unforced errors for the match. Firstly, she need's a new coach and a proper trainer. Clearly the daddy-coach relationship isn't working anymore. She need's a back-up plan for when her first serve goes MIA like it did today. Or if not, get to serious work on that second serve. It's been letting her down too much lately.

Also, that handshake? SMH. I hate it when any player barely acknowledges their opponent after they played a good match. Sabine being one of my favourites doesn't change that opinion. That being said, congrats to Angie. She played a great match and I hope she does some damage in this tournament.

You'll all have to forgive me for being pretty harsh on Sabine. But at this present time, some tough love is needed.

cosmoose
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Sabine with a complete meltdown in the 3rd set.
Why was she panicking?
Angie had a stomach injury and could barely serve, yet Sabine was reacting to them like they were coming from Ivo Karlovic!

Angie played great but really, all she had to do was keep the ball in play because Sabine's strokes completely fell apart.
And that "handshake" was a joke. That was bush league. She is better than that.

But I've written this kind of post before. It seems when Sabine is bad, she is REALLY bad.

Mike81
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I'm pro Sabs, I love her loads but I've run out of excuses for her. I don't care that she had viral illness or some preparation or a bad Head to Head with Kerber. Kerber didn't win the match, Sabine LOST it, and as lovely a person as Sabine normally appears to be, it's disappointing that handshake with her friend Angie. It's past 2 am in the morning and again I go to bed with a Sabs defeat fresh in the mind. Oh yeah, this feeling again!

Geekking
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm pro Sabs, I love her loads but I've run out of excuses for her. I don't care that she had viral illness or some preparation or a bad Head to Head with Kerber. Kerber didn't win the match, Sabine LOST it, and as lovely a person as Sabine normally appears to be, it's disappointing that handshake with her friend Angie. It's past 2 am in the morning and again I go to bed with a Sabs defeat fresh in the mind. Oh yeah, this feeling again!

This time Kerber won. She fought till the end even if she was tired and jetlagged.

Lisickifan84
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I'm pro Sabs, I love her loads but I've run out of excuses for her. I don't care that she had viral illness or some preparation or a bad Head to Head with Kerber. Kerber didn't win the match, Sabine LOST it, and as lovely a person as Sabine normally appears to be, it's disappointing that handshake with her friend Angie.

Ah don't give to much on that. She was just frustrated and she wanted to leave the court as soon as possible. You could see that.

Hmm I don't know whats wrong with her at the moment :shrug:
As she lost the second set I knew Kerber wins it 6:1 or so.

New Coach: Really after every lost match? :rolleyes:
Stay calm, there will soon be better times :)

Mike81
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
It's very late here so maybe I say things I don't totally mean. I'm just disappointed, as all Sabine fans would be with the loss and the way she lost.

Geekking
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Ah don't give to much on that. She was just frustrated and she wanted to leave the court as soon as possible. You could see that.

Hmm I don't know whats wrong with her at the moment :shrug:
As she lost the second set I knew Kerber wins it 6:1 or so.

New Coach: Really after every lost match? :rolleyes:
Stay calm, there will soon be better times :)

I want her to change her coach and say this almost after every match

Mojobackhand
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I'm so gutted. Not only because of the loss, but how it happened (again) and because we don't really have a explanation for this. Apparently she/her team doesn't have a good one either.

I liked her good spirits after the AO, but if she backs them up with horrible losses people will say she is so full of herself.
I'm really at a loss about this recent development. Not that it's new that she is a bit hot and cold, but it seems she really needs to work on the mental side of her game. That was pure mindfuck again from the second set on. And we all know she can play 300% better than this.

Ziva
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
next match she should skip the first set and turn it around, that seems to work much better for her lately.

Dubai here we come

Lets hope for a better draw first round needs to be easy this time, no more losses are acceptable.

Mojobackhand
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I want her to change her coach and say this almost after every match

Well, if you look at the way Sabine CAN play, you only have to acknowledge Dad Lisicki's abilities as a coach.
But it's perhaps different if you face troubles on court and have to listen to your own dad.
Guess it's psychologically a bit tricky to separate it. Maybe she just simple doesn't listen to him? He doesn't strike me as the control type which is very good IMO. But she sometimes seems almost rude and snappy when talking to him on court.

Mojobackhand
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
next match she should skip the first set and turn it around, that seems to work much better for her lately.

Yep. Coming from behind worked against Sveta. But I'd rather see a straight set win because she has the game to do it.

cosmoose
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Why change coach?

because when Sabine wins, she does it with her power, natural talent and athleticism. I can't recall last time Sabine's win was due to great strategy.

when Sabine loses, its clear how one-dimentional she is. She can't seem to make an adjustment. When things get tight, she doesn't hit out. Instead she becomes timid and error prone. She has no plan B.

She needs a real coach.

Mojobackhand
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Why change coach?

because when Sabine wins, she does it with her power, natural talent and athleticism. I can't recall last time Sabine's win was due to great strategy.

when Sabine loses, its clear how one-dimentional she is. She can't seem to make an adjustment. When things get tight, she doesn't hit out. Instead she becomes timid and error prone. She has no plan B.

She needs a real coach.

Well, maybe her dad has a plan B and knows what to do. Maybe she is going through a phase of cutting the cord/growing up whatevz and she just doesn't want her dad to tell her what to do??? :confused:
Who says Lisicki is not a "real" coach? He seemed to have done a pretty good job so far. But Sabine must make the adjustment.
So, that Aga coach in her box was maybe a good sign?
I'm preeeeeeetty sure they are looking for answers.

cosmoose
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Well, maybe her dad has a plan B and knows what to do. Maybe she is going through a phase of cutting the cord/growing up whatevz and she just doesn't want her dad to tell her what to do??? :confused:
Who says Lisicki is not a "real" coach? He seemed to have done a pretty good job so far. But Sabine must make the adjustment.
So, that Aga coach in her box was maybe a good sign?
I'm preeeeeeetty sure they are looking for answers.
Didn't Sabine call her dad for coaching twice in this match? so it doesn't seem like she is trying to cut loose from him.

Complaints about Sabine's inability to adjust and lack of plan B is not new.
I just don't see any improvement. So why not try something different?

everythingtaboo
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Well, maybe her dad has a plan B and knows what to do.

She's had losses like this one for years now. If he had a plan B he should've instigated it already. I'm with Geekking and cosmoose-- a new coach/team is necessary. Father/daughter coaching relationships rarely work anyways. So much good could come from a new coach with different ideas. You just gotta look at Aga Radwanska to see that. She disconnected her father from her tennis and look how well she's been doing since. 3 titles, a slam QF and most importantly-- consistency.

Mojobackhand
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Didn't Sabine call her dad for coaching twice in this match? so it doesn't seem like she is trying to cut loose from him.

Complaints about Sabine's inability to adjust and lack of plan B is not new.
I just don't see any improvement. So why not try something different?

I with you! I'm just not as quick as questioning his ability as a coach in general. But he is maybe not the right coach for her at them moment/anymore because he is also her dad and she is growing up and we all know what that is like and that we don't want our parents to be around....? MAYBE!!! Just my thoughts here!!

But hey, just look at Woz. We don't want Sabine to make quick decisions that get her nowhere.

I LOVE her game when it's on. It's terrific. And the late disappointments seem to really have a mental side. So, they need to figure it out and if it means to change coach then so be it.
I'm sure Dad Lisicki is not the type to not let go. It's Sabine who has to make that decision IMO.

moviemac
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Dubai here we come

Lets hope for a better draw first round needs to be easy this time, no more losses are acceptable.

Hm, I don't know. Maybe she should skip Dubai, take a vacation for the rest of the week, then go back to Florida and use those 2 weeks to prepare for IW. She desperately needs to win her next match and I just don't see her getting over those last 4 matches in a few days. I think mentally she can somehow handle losing to Sharapova, 2 matches in FedCup being the German No.1, and against an on-fire Kerber, but if she loses another match in Dubai to the likes of Martic, Pironkova or Garcia, that is reeaaally going to hurt. Go back to Florida, prepare for the US tournaments just like in July last year, that seemed to work. Ok, that was after Wimbledon, but still...

everythingtaboo
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
^ She's still in for doubles with Kiri in Doha. And she better not pull out. She need's more matches and wins to get her mind back on track.

cosmoose
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Azarenka and Kvitova are the most successful players of Sabine's generation.
What do they have in common?

They win when they are not playing their best.
They seem to be able to win in a variety of different ways.
They don't fold when the pressure increases.
They both have full time professional coach
They get zero input from their parents.

Just sayin' ;)

moviemac
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM
^ She's still in for doubles with Kiri in Doha. And she better not pull out.

Oh, right. Almost forgot about that. Well, then we should hope for a doubles run like in Stuttgart last year (playing with another experienced, successful doubles-player). Although I don't really see even a superb doubles-performance help her much. Usually it's been the other way around.

Michael!
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Again some disappointing stuff from Sabine again, really bad match!
Kerber was tired and not in best shape at all but she felt it from the start that Sabine wasn´t impressive at all, that´s why she kept fighting an that worked out for her.
First set was OK, from 0-2 down she could win it, many errors but also many winners and some nice play!
But got worse in 2nd set (as usual these days), some good serves kept her in the match but Kerber already had the advantage, as Sabine just played poor in general, especially as return.
Too predictable that Sabine would lose serve at 4-4 then with a DF and 2 cheap errors, nice gift for Kerber, then another quite cheap error when she had BP to come back and then it was over anyway.
Disgusting performance in 3rd set, like in FedCup already, she was too disappointed then, probably already felt like this match is lost when she lost 2nd set.
And she isn´t able to improve her serve, first serve was OK in 2nd set, but 2nd serve was just awful, no speed, no length, too easy to attack, in 3rd set nothing worked then anyway.
Sabine has massive problems with consistency and she has no Plan B anyway. She tried some slice balls today but that didn´t really work against Kerber, nothing bad in general to try that but her slice is not really great unfortunately.

We´ll see how Sabine will continue but she has just some bad periodes here and there ( with or without injuries) and that is her main problem, she will also have some up´s and down´s in the rankings in future as well, good that she reached 4th round in Melbourne at least, that helps her, beside that her season is just really disappointing so far.
And it won´t get better if she isn´t able to improve her serve + those meltdowns in 3rd set are just horrible these days.

Ziva
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM
no she should not skip dubai by all means, she needs a win, even a dirty one would do the trick and after that: matches matches and more matches, she had enough rest after skipping paris and now losing first Round, its hard work time now.
you can play bad but you need to pull you out of that Mental slump with competition, not training.

She also needs some Points ASAP or her ranking could drop big time in summer.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM
It's not often I sign on during working hours.

I am SO SO SO disappointed in Sabine.

I'll have more to say later.... :sad:

maturedgirl
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
She is now in a different position - in contrast to Angie Sabine has sth. to lose ;)
air is getting rare ...:help:

she really needs more mentaly strength and :cool:nes

no she should not skip dubai by all means, she needs a win, even a dirty one

=D Jep!

CillyUltra
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:24 PM
And the late disappointments seem to really have a mental side.
Comparing Fed Cup, esp. if you are the no.1 player, with regular tour matches is pretty idiotic.

So, they need to figure it out and if it means to change coach then so be it.

Discussions about her coach are useless, SHE WON'T CHANGE HIM.

Geekking
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Comparing Fed Cup, esp. if you are the no.1 player, with regular tour matches is pretty idiotic.

Discussions about her coach are useless, SHE WON'T CHANGE HIM.

One day she will

moviemac
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM
you can play bad but you need to pull you out of that Mental slump with competition, not training.
I agree. But that's what I had hoped for for the FC matches and for today. Obviously did not work. So trying something else can't make things much worse.

Today was the day for a dirty win, circumstances were pretty much perfect. Enough time to prepare, to adjust to conditions and an opponent that did't have those opportunities and besides being exhausted was also slightly injured. She still could not pull this off. :sad:

And about the points, well, she is not getting any, playing the way she did today, so pulling out of Dubai wouldn't really matter.

:shrug:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:17 PM
...right I'm here. Where do I start?

Coach:
Cilly, I absolutely respect you & your fellow Germans point of view, of course. You all have been following Sabine far longer than I. I can only go by what I've seen from Sabs from about Birmingham 2011 onwards. But equally, I have a point of view. Nothing wrong with debating it here. As you say however, ultimately you may be right - no matter what we think, Sabine may not change her dad as coach. But I firmly believe, from what I've seen over recent weeks - & you can make an argument from the back end of last season - not only should she change her coach, she MUST change her coach; indeed her her whole team. I would even consider moving away from the Bollittieri Academy! Her game does not seem to have developed at all, indeed regressed. Her variety of shotmaking seems to have dried up in favour of trying to bash every ball into oblivion, as soon as possible. What happened to the angles; the drop shots - something she has said herself that she loves playing? All I see are shots heading out or halfway up the net. New coach, new team, new perspective. And if that includes a psychologist to help with the mental side, then so be it.

Serve:
What has happened to her Boom Boom serve? At Birmingham & to start with at Wimbledon it was there - in abundance. Kapow! 124mph...Kapow! 123mph..Kapow! 122mph during her match vs. Li. You get the picture! But since? Very little sign of it. A fast serve should be a fast serve on most surfaces. But it seems to have lost its "zing". And she has one of the most powderpuff 2nd serves out there. Who is looking at this? Has her action changed without anyone in her team noticing? Surely they are analysing this? Is she throwing up the ball the same way? Has that changed? One thing is for sure. Her serve, which should be a great weapon for her, is simply too easily broken.

Mental:
Four times now she has gone a set up, then wobbled in the 2nd & lost the 3rd. That has to be a worry - & a mental thing. But why? She has shown in the past that she can play & play in front of large crowds when the pressure is on. But she doesn't do it consistently & seems now has a problem with it. I can think of the AO only where she has really played anything like she can. She was lucky vs. Kuznetsova but her fighting spirit saw her through. Where is that now? She has only really played well consistently vs. Peer, who really was poor in their R2 match, far poorer than I expected. But she struggled in her other matches. She played well at times vs. Sharapova but allowed her back in the match...& of course was 0-3 down in the 1st before her run to the set. Fed Cup is a different dynamic from the regular Tour, I agree...but I cannot dismiss it as irrelevant either. You're playing for yourself on the regular Tour but you are playing for your teammates - indeed COUNTRY - in Fed Cup. It still means something...& I think that is playing on her mind too.

Game:
I've said it previously, Sabine's game has at best stood still, at worst gone backwards from the time I have watched her. One of her interviews, she said that she "enjoyed herself much more on the Court" after her injury. I have to say, sure hasn't looked like it recently. She seems to be the sort of player that needs to be told over & over again to remember to vary her game, because she seems to forget that she can!

General:
It's one thing to be a sweet happy thing around the Tour. But that will only get you so far. At least she knows she lost. Not sure what to make of the alleged "cold" handshake to Angie - I haven't seen it yet. I'm sure she & Angie are friends. I'm sure Sabine is pissed at losing again & in the same fashion. I'm sure she is pissed at being 0-4 vs. Kerber now. But only she can change that. I would rather Sabine is pissed at losing than smiling at her opponent - whoever it is. Show me a good loser, & I'll show you a loser. I'm sure Sabine gets as angry & pissed as anyone else when they suffer a bad loss. I think she knows she's struggling & that might instigate action on her part to stop the slump. I hope for her sake it does.

We all want Sabs to do well & continue into the Top 10. But at the moment, I wonder if it is more likely that Angie Kerber - & for that matter Mona Barthel- might make it into the Top 10 before Sabs does. And that will hurt - her, me & all of you who follow her.

I hope she takes steps to turn it around, or she could join her friends Tamira Paszek & Aravane Rezai back into the lower reaches of the WTA. And that would be tragic.

ps. she wont get out of her slump by skipping tournaments - she MUST play Dubai if fit.

Dorien.
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Sabine :hug:

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Its not the coach fault - but her parents.

They raised her in way which turned her into a bit self-centered.
She always had everything she wanted. They always told her shes "the one" and "the best".

She often strut herself, look down on other people.
You may not seen that when u look when shes smiling, but if you look deep you may notice that.

Thats what i think. I havent observed Sabine through her full lifetime but it seems to me after watching and analyzing her behaviour and attitude.

But I believe she can and will change, that she will get some respect for other people.

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:56 AM

She always had everything she wanted. They always told her shes "the one" and "the best".

You may not seen that when u look when shes smiling, but if you look deep you may notice that.

Thats what i think. I havent observed Sabine through her full lifetime but it seems to me after watching and analyzing her behaviour and attitude.

But I believe she can and will change, that she will get some respect for other people.

:rolleyes: Her parents never pushed her into tennis, she wanted to play and she plays for enjoyment, obviously she's a bit upset with a few bad results. I doubt many or any of the Sabine fans here including myself would agree with your observations about her personality. She's friends with many girls on tour.

hankmoody
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:49 AM

WOW! You are just :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Congratz on writing the most stupid comment I`ve read here for quite some time:help:

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM
WOW! You are just :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Congratz on writing the most stupid comment I`ve read here for quite some time:help:

It's not surprising that he makes that kind of comment, with a name like 'TennisRacist' :help:

everythingtaboo
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Why would you come in here and start shit talking a player you're clearly not a fan of? Have you nothing better to do? :rolleyes:

Mojobackhand
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:04 AM

WTH??? :eek::mad:
Given your post, your name and your avatar you must be very, very ugly on the inside. :lol:

Carsten
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Well I wouldn't overrate all this handshake stuff.

I can understand when players are mad after playing bad, and honestly, Sabine had many reasons to be mad at herself after that match.

Omega1
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM
It was a really bad match. Sabine was powerless in the 3rd set. Is she really 100% now? She pulled out of Paris with virus infection...

Ian Aberdon
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
It was a really bad match. Sabine was powerless in the 3rd set. Is she really 100% now? She pulled out of Paris with virus infection...

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? :shrug:

moviemac
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Sabine finally wins a match. :bounce: In doubles with Kiri. Winning the first set, losing the second :unsure: and narrowly winning the match tie-breaker. 62 46 108 Anyway, a win is a win. With the doubles draw (especially their half) falling apart, she/they should at least make the final and get Sabine's confidence up again. :yeah:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Thank **** for that!!! :lol:

hankmoody
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Sabine`s Hansei on twitter: ;)

Really played poorly yesterday and lost my singles. Tonight I played with Maria Kirilenko dubs and we won 10:8 in the 3rd set tiebreaker!

I agree.

Selbsterkenntnis ist der erste Schritt zur Besserung.

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Sabine`s Hansei on twitter:
Really played poorly yesterday and lost my singles. Tonight I played with Maria Kirilenko dubs and we won 10:8 in the 3rd set tiebreaker!

Seems her team is reading tennis forums..
or
shes just trying to devaluate kerber's win.. :oh::spit:

oh ok ok.. there is third option, she might really think that she played bad and need to improve. but as many said, she should improve her mental skills not tennis.. her tennis is already good

but which one option is true :confused:

Omega1
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hahaha
I wish that all your Kerber her opponent were to viral infections, or had injuries, just to get you so he could enjoy.:lol:
For me it was only positive, with a German women was in the next round. :)

CillyUltra
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Well I wouldn't overrate all this handshake stuff.

This. Typical TF trash talk. :help:

Why would you come in here and start shit talking a player you're clearly not a fan of? Have you nothing better to do? :rolleyes:

Ignore that idiot. Just a spammer. ;)

CillyUltra
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Sabine`s Hansei on twitter: ;)

I agree.

Selbsterkenntnis ist der erste Schritt zur Besserung.

Was hätte sie denn sonst schreiben sollen du Experte. :lol:

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:21 PM

I was big fan of Sabine. I almost married her - i mean, i planned that.
Initially when i noticed some bad things from her i did rationalize that, just like you are doing right now. But over time, and more incidents i finally realized what person she is in reality, outside her 'cute and smily' mask. Its hard to, cuz shes beautiful woman, but i did. You' all blind cuz of feelings for her.

hankmoody
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Was hätte sie denn sonst schreiben sollen du Experte. :lol:

War doch nur scherzhaft gemeint, nicht falsch verstehen:D
Finds doch positiv, dass sie überhaupt was geschrieben hat, könnts durchaus nachvollziehen, wenn nichts käme.;)

Da hab ich im letzten Post vielleicht ein Smiley zu wenig gesetzt.:lol:

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Initially when i noticed some bad things from her i did rationalize that, just like you are doing right now. But over time, and more incidents i finally realized what person she is in reality, outside her 'cute and smily' mask. Its hard to, cuz shes beautiful woman, but i did. You' all blind cuz of feelings for her.

:spit:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I was big fan of Sabine. I almost married her - i mean, i planned that.Initially when i noticed some bad things from her i did rationalize that, just like you are doing right now. But over time, and more incidents i finally realized what person she is in reality, outside her 'cute and smily' mask. Its hard to, cuz shes beautiful woman, but i did. You' all blind cuz of feelings for her.

You WHAT????!!!! :haha:

CillyUltra
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Statements from Sabine after the match:

Lisicki, who pulled ouf of Paris last week due to illness, was not happy with her play. "It was just an awful day today," she said. "I was sick last week but I was practicing and came here to play, but today I simply played badly. I think today alone I made as many unforced errors as the last 10 tournaments."

Still, Lisicki looked ahead for the rebound. "I had a similar phase like this last year, exactly one year ago, so I know you just have to be strong. Of course it's frustrating but this is just a little setback, it's not going to stop me. I have to continue to work hard and play better in the next match. That's all I can ask for."http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20120214/pennetta-toughs-it-out-kerber-keeps-winning_2256076_2611234

“I didn’t play well at all. I was unwell last week and was recovering. Also I made a lot of unforced errors. Played quite bad, awful in fact.”

She added that her focus this year was on the Olympics more than anything else.

“For me tennis was always a part of the Olympics, and I’m very much looking forward to the Olympics. I have many friends that have been there, and they’ve told me how nice it is.”

“I’m sure it’s an extraordinary experience to just be there and play.”

“For me, it’s even nicer that it’s going to be held in Wimbledon on grass, so it’s good.”(AFP)

Geekking
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM

fLrpBLDWyCI