:lol:
Too fast court for her tired game...:shrug:

Fighterpova
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Let's just pretend this didn't happen :sobbing:

Umm...what happened? :lol:

Shivank17
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
she actually lost :speakles: to someone she had lost 3 games to 3 weeks ago :o :o :help:

MM_1257
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
She ALWAYYYYYYYYYS has to f* up easy draws. I guess that is what you get when you think you are in the final already. I guess she deserves it. She was so flat. Without any kind of fighting spirit. You know what, I do not have high hopes for this year. Her awful footwork is exposed more and more and anyone who will be able to return the ball more than 3 times will get her.

MaitaBaby
That was hilariously horrible. :lol:

Fighterpova
Her serve wasn't even that bad :(
Everything else was :(

Trih
Pfffft.
#2 spot already taken, better to go shopping in Paris.

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
:lol:
Too fast court for her tired game...:shrug:

Actually the court and the balls were slow, the bounce was so high that Kerber threw everything back.

Tennisvampire
MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Ok, seriously? She allowed herself to lose to Kerber? :eek:
The second you think that she will win routinely, she chooses to prove you wrong :fiery:
I don't know what's worse-that she was leading in both sets, and managed to lose like that, or that her serve was practically the only segment remotely functioning in her game. Her ground strokes were just off... And her drop shots? Hilarious xD They were actually pretty good on their own, but the way she just stood motionless after she hit them? Disaster. Not to mention the backhand drive smashed into the net at the end of the first set, and missing the whole court with that smash in the second. A match to forget :(

JamieOwen3
up a break in both sets, the hoe was given the match. NEXT

MaitaBaby
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:46 PM
You guys are even funnier. Come on now.

JamieOwen3
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:47 PM
lets just say i wasn't reacting like this and shocked after match point with all her errors through out the match.

http://i39.tinypic.com/34984uq.gif

MM_1257
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Ever since the final though :sad: i just feel unsure about whats going to happen.

Me too, that final got to her and also was a good lesson for her opponents on how to play Maria.

s teddy
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Maria taking a page from the book of Serena? :oh: I honestly don't think she even cared. :haha:

Now, she'd better not do that in Indian Wells... :facepalm:

MaitaBaby
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I'd be worried if she was outplayed like at the AO final but she gifted the match to Kerber.

My mind's already all fired up for the clay season anyway.

Cherry.
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
That was just... :facepalm: I literally have no words.
Squandering so many BPs and GPs and I just knew this was going in the wrong direction.
Such a tournament for her to lose, and she doesn't want it. :o

~MashyOwnThemAll
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Actually the court and the balls were slow, the bounce was so high that Kerber threw everything back.

:scratch:

MM_1257
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:53 PM
MaitaBaby, why? Why not IW and Miami? I am too worried for the clay season, wouldn't count much on it. She has huge No. of points to defend there, but she is no way a good clay-courter, so yeah, it worries me.

JamieOwen3
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I'd be worried if she was outplayed like at the AO final but she gifted the match to Kerber.

My mind's already all fired up for the clay season anyway.

THIS!

Im sure Maria's like Whatever hoe ill get you in Rome. ;)

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
lets just say i wasn't reacting like this and shocked after match point with all her errors through out the match.

^
This. I mean, I'm obviously disappointed but guys, don't be so desperate. We all know the big things are Slams and Olympics here, and she just gained points because Kvitova didn't play.
Kerber played quite good, but honestly it was Maria who lost this match, I think she just played at her 50%. The court and the balls were not helping either, I think the really important tournaments are ahead.

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
MaitaBaby, why? Why not IW and Miami? I am too worried for the clay season, wouldn't count much on it. She has huge No. of points to defend there, but she is no way a good clay-courter, so yeah, it worries me.

She's a much better clay court player than she was years ago. ;)
She played many of her best matches on clay last year, winning Rome and making RG semifinals.

JoPova
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM

THIS! Everyone is saying that the court looks fast, but it's the contrary! The court is not that fast and the balls are heavy! That's why Maria was finding it difficult to finish off points! Many of her shots would have been winners with different balls/surface.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
That was definitely a tank job so we should not look into it much. :shrug:

MM_1257
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
2 yrs are not the same, I mean 2 days, 2 matches are not same, let alone 2 seasons. We shall see. I just want to tone myself down, learn how to expect anything and not take any match for granted. And I just realized I won't be able to watch Wimbledon.. Stress. :(

Sharapovian
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
She had opportunities, didn't take them/ wasted any lead she had... :yawn:

Better luck in the next tournament.

JoPova
I know it wasn't a big tournament and we shouldn't read too much into this loss, but I'm quite disappointed because it could have been her first title of the season! :sad:

Crux Squall
THIS! Everyone is saying that the court looks fast, but it's the contrary! The court is not that fast and the balls are heavy! That's why Maria was finding it difficult to finish off points! Many of her shots would have been winners with different balls/surface.
Maria said The surface is fast
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/08022012/2/tennis-sharapova-breezes-paris-open-quarter-finals.html

"I struggled a little bit at the beginning because the surface is quicker than at the Australian Open or the Fed Cup," Australian Open finalist Sharapova, who will next face either Romanian Monica Niculescu or German ninth seed Angelique Kerber, told reporters.

MaitaBaby
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:03 PM

I'm excited for IW and Miami. Hopeful that she can take home one of them. But I think the focus now is to try to win that 4th GS and it just so happens RG is next. I can't imagine her being too invested in Premiere events. No one likes to lose but can't dwell on them and can't always win.

Cherry.
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM
MaitaBaby, why? Why not IW and Miami? I am too worried for the clay season, wouldn't count much on it. She has huge No. of points to defend there, but she is no way a good clay-courter, so yeah, it worries me.You need to calm down. :lol:
because this
Maria taking a page from the book of Serena? :oh: I honestly don't think she even cared. :haha:
Don't look to much into it.
Though I'm just annoyed that she wasted her chance to add the title to her collection. :o

JamieOwen3
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm honestly not too bothered :shrug: do i hate that Maria lost? YES did she lose because she got owned by the other players awesomeness? NO getting shit back does not mean awesome play!
2005 Indian Wells lost SF badly - 2006 went back with a vengeance and won! lets 2012 be the same result as 2006 you party pooping hoes. :lol:

JoPova
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Looking at the positive sides of this tournament, if there are any, Maria will be back at #2 in the world next week! :cheer:

rucolo
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM
:facepalm:

Maria did not deserve to win with this shit play :ras:

AniaSharapova
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
^
I mean, I'm obviously disappointed but guys, don't be so desperate. We all know the big things are Slams and Olympics here, and she just gained points because Kvitova didn't play.
Kerber played quite good, but honestly it was Maria who lost this match, I think she just played at her 50%. The court and the balls were not helping either, I think the really important tournaments are ahead.

Exactly.
You guys are more funnier than this lost. I bet that she doesn't care too much about this tournament.
Maria said that her priority are Grand Slams, Olympics and also BIG tournaments like IW or Miami.
You always do so much panic after all her lost.

I remember last year after pathetic start of the season you all said that it's almost end of her career, few weeks later she proved you're wrong. Hope in this year she'll do the same!

MM_1257
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
2005 Indian Wells lost SF badly - 2006 went back with a vengeance and won! lets 2012 be the same result as 2006 you party pooping hoes. :lol:

http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0129.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

cherry. You need to calm down
ok ok http://serve.mysmiley.net/innocent/innocent0007.gif (http://www.footballerpictures.co.uk)

MaitaBaby
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I remember last year after pathetic start of the season you all said that it's almost end of her career, few weeks later she proved you're wrong. Hope in this year she'll do the same!

Um, pretty sure it hasn't been a pathetic start. ;)

JoPova
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Maria was a bit off today, but she wasn't playing that bad. A couple of points were decisive in the match and Kerber was lucky/took some risks and was able to win them!

Now let's forget about this and move ahead: Indian Wells! :rocker2:

JamieOwen3
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM
We ALL know it's the CLAY court tournament in paris france she cares about so lets laugh it off and over it :woohoo:

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Um, pretty sure it hasn't been a pathetic start. ;)

It was a lot worse than this year though: only QF in a Slam and then she got sick...
You know, I'm not even really mad or angry 'cause she lost... I'm just annoyed, disappointed, it was an easy shot to get more points easily and it was clear that she just didn't focus enough. On the other hand we had Kerber who put all her efforts in the match playing her best, and bam! there you go.

I'm like..

http://i.imgur.com/4GBkP.jpg

MaitaBaby
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
It was a lot worse than this year though: only QF in a Slam and then she got sick...

I was saying, this year hasn't been pathetic. By any means.

Cherry.
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM
It was a lot worse than this year though: only QF in a Slam and then she got sick...Didn't get to QF. Lost to Petkovic in R4.

MaitaBaby
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Didn't get to QF. Lost to Petkovic in R4.

:haha:

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I was saying, this year hasn't been pathetic. By any means.

I had it all wrong. Actually I think I just read half of the post, sorry. :facepalm: I was in "posting frenzy" on too many forums open at the same time. :lol: :hug:

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Didn't get to QF. Lost to Petkovic in R4.

Oh, right. :fiery: I was stupid and "busy" playing too much World of Warcraft last year. :angryatmyself: :mad:
Boy, I'm a total mess today...

lefty24
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Truthfully I just think she was sick of the cold and wanted to leave and not risk getting really sick again.

I'm really not worried about this lose.

madmax
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:08 PM
this was as obvious tankjob as they come - she was missing easy putaways, not moving her feet and going for outrageous winners too. Not to mention blowing leads in both sets, which would never happen in a slam match...LOL

MM_1257
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Truthfully I just think she was sick of the cold and wanted to leave and not risk getting really sick again.

I'm really not worried about this lose.

To quote Maria Sharapova herself:
мы не играем на улице ;)
:lol: she could have been 0 afected by the cold. If she didn't wander around Paris. :o Or Moscow in only a shirt and coat and leather pants without a scarf for that matter. :help: :tape: :devil: ;) :lol:

Reptilia
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:19 PM
:spit: Rest up for IW, I guess.

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Missed the match again, but crap Maria lost.

Indian Wells next probably.

Jack89
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Would have preferred her to win today but shit happens. I'm not really that worried about her next tournaments. I mean, this was just one loss, which had more to do with Maria than Kerber, and she's now got 3-4 weeks to work on her game before IW.

Plus, given that the field was pretty weak here, I don't think this tournament would have made a huge difference to her game or confidence.

goldlion
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I don't really care about this tournament frankly speaking. It's like she didn't even get a chance to prepare at all and yeah it's about time for her to take some rest since she's been playing 10 tennis matches for nearly a month now and I'm sure her body kinda feels it too.

Trih
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:46 PM
AAARGH ES2 stopped casting tennis and Vinci is up 6-4 4-4 with Bartoli! :mad:

lefty24
Feb 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
haha so my dad was reading Russian news and one of the headlines was "Maria Sharapova kicked out of Paris"(in Russian of course) and he thought that she got kicked out because she stole something. :lol:

JamieOwen3
Feb 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
whuuut :lol:

http://i40.tinypic.com/30rmsfd.gif

doooma6816
Feb 10th, 2012, 08:17 PM
She played like shit...but she probably didn't care. If this had been a Slam or big tournament, she would have fought like crazy. I'm just dissapointed she didn't win a title here. :/

Cherry.
Feb 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Well that was the shittiest day ever for me. :o
Julia, Stan, Masha, Roger. Everybody I support lost. :facepalm:
I'm the biggest jinx eva. :hysteric: (Nole should be thankful. Had he needed to play a match today, he would lose, too. :oh:)
Not that I even care so much about Paris or Davis Cup, but still, the day was beyond tragic. :sobbing:

Kitten63
Feb 10th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Would have liked her to win the title but I'm not too upset by this loss. She always messes up easy draws :lol:

Hoping for a better performance at IW.

Craig.
Feb 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I'm honestly so fucking sick of her shit. I mean, I love her and always will, but she's so disappointing/frustrating at times. [bitter fanboy talking]

claypova
Feb 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM
:haha:

oh maria .... see you in Indian Wells :D

heelsrule1988
Feb 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm glad most of you are keeping sane about this... it's just a small tournament. Nothing to be bothered about. What really matters is if she wins in Paris a few months from now. :)

Kitten63
Feb 10th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I'm honestly so fucking sick of her shit. I mean, I love her and always will, but she's so disappointing/frustrating at times. [bitter fanboy talking]

I know :hug:

Andy.
Feb 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Meh, O well.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcwxy7MEhM1qzr2th.gif

I wasnt really taking this tournament 100% seriously and I doubt Masha was too.

jameshazza
Feb 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
At least it was only Paris. I honestly don't think these surfaces suit her, her movement :help:
Unless she's striking like a Bitch she's never gonna have it completely straightforward.

Lachy
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:41 AM
:help:

Enjoy your break now Maria.
Go TRAIN, not see Sasha. :tape: :lol:

nelsondan
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:50 AM
She played like shit...but she probably didn't care. If this had been a Slam or big tournament, she would have fought like crazy. I'm just dissapointed she didn't win a title here. :/

It seemed like the exact opposite of her miraculous and courageous win in round six in Australia.

Cherry.
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:55 AM
It seemed like the exact opposite of her miraculous and courageous win in round six in Australia.Yup. Especially the BP conversion for her and her opponents. :tape:
In that match Masha was 5/5 on BP conversion while Kvitova was 3/14.
Today Masha was 3/11 while Kerber was 5/5. :facepalm:

MM_1257
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:57 AM
:help:

Enjoy your break now Maria.
Go TRAIN, not see Sasha. :tape: :lol:

Um... but hey, she has to see Sasha... Didn't you notice her improvement last year in May, June... when Sasha was around? :angel: :oh:
;)
nelsondan It seemed like the exact opposite of her miraculous and courageous win in round six in Australia.
Yeah, but during FC she said after her match that she feels a little bit emotionally empty... It might be that. She looked way to flat today. And no grunting... :help:
Anyway I hope she gets well and that she is not ill. Was she sweating too much again today like on Wednesday? Didn't pay attention, was way too angry. :lol:

nelsondan
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:58 AM
How many double faults today, compared to the kvitova match? Very few today....was she holding back..playing too safe?

MM_1257
Feb 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Too many UEs and the footwork was letting her down. It was awful. A lot of bad decisions, hitting into the player instead on the empty side of the court. Stupid net rushing... Her serve wasn't bad, all the rest was. A step too slow, going too much on the Kerber FH... Dunno. She looked to me like she was very uncomfortable out there. In a weird way. No spark, no Come on-s, no grunting, hardly fistpumps...

Cherry.
Feb 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM
How many double faults today, compared to the kvitova match? Very few today....was she holding back..playing too safe?Only 2 today.
But really can't compare the two matches though. That was a GS semifinal. :lol:

Cherry.
Feb 11th, 2012, 01:05 AM
No spark, no Come on-s, no grunting, hardly fistpumps...Which just shows she really didn't care that much. :lol:

dsanders06
Feb 11th, 2012, 02:30 AM

Over a Paris Quarterfinal? Really?! :p

Craig.
Feb 11th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Over a Paris Quarterfinal? Really?! :p

I just REALLY wanted a title/for her to keep her streak of at least a title since 2003. Just really thought it was a great opportunity.

I'm over it now that I realize it's really not that important in the long run :lol:

perseus2006
Feb 11th, 2012, 02:57 AM
It's February and Pova is sick again. It's becoming an annual ritual. Pova did not have the energy to play her high intensity game for more than 10 minutes at the start of each set. It's just too sad.

See Sasha, soak in the sun, get feeling good again and then get prepared for IW and Miami!!!

Rerun
Feb 11th, 2012, 07:26 AM
I have been to a medical meeting, luckily i did not see anything :sobbing:

doomsday
Feb 11th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Get well soon Pova. I've decided not to go in the semi finals I have others stuff to do finally and since Maria lost earlier I dont give a crap. If I could give my tickets to someone, I would have :lol:

Trih
Feb 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I just REALLY wanted a title/for her to keep her streak of at least a title since 2003. Just really thought it was a great opportunity.

I'm over it now that I realize it's really not that important in the long run :lol:

It's just february, the fact is simply that noone can ALWAYS win. ;)
It's just a little bad because it probably was an easy way to get points in the ranking, but it's not a big deal after all.

Tennisvampire
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
It's not a big deal that she lost, but it's a shame because she could have won some points and got closer to Azarenka. Plus, Kvitova canceled Doha, so she would get away more from her as well. Although, in all fairness, I don't think she really deserves the number 1 spot right now. Azarenka and Kvitova are IMO a bit more complete players. Masha is probably a better baseline puncher, and her serve has improved drastically, but she still needs to put her work in improving the footwork :) but, as long as the motivation is there, I'm not too worried about her. She was really off in this match, she was even a bit eager to argue on some calls :devil: And how often do we get to see that from Maria? xD Hopefully, she can prepare nicely for IW and Miami, although I think the tournaments she really wants this season are Roland and the Olympics. I think there is nothing that would make me more happy that her completing her Slams, and the way Vika, Petra and Caro play on clay? She has one hell of a chance if she plays good :D

Rerun
Feb 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Certainly she needed some rest and I do agree she doesnt deserve the top of the ranking right now. It will be interesting to analyze her next moves. Will she choose to focus on some tourneys only? I think so but her being not at her best (she has never been since her come back) makes her beatable, in every occasion, despite her trying so hard. I'm just worried she will end up this season too with just a bunch of nothing but honor. Before retirement she really deserves another slam

domon17th
Feb 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Not too bothered by this loss too. Once I saw her fucking up the 4-2 lead in the first set I knew she wasn't as focused and I promptly switched over to Fed-Isner (Another stupid :facepalm: loss)

Rerun
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I got the tickets for RG :) Ill be there on friday, sat and sunday of the first week. hopefully she will be there :)

lefty24
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I got the tickets for RG :) Ill be there on friday, sat and sunday of the first week. hopefully she will be there :)

Have fun!!!

jameshazza
Feb 19th, 2012, 07:15 PM

So Jeal :hysteric:, I'm sure you'll get to see her at least once ;)

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Well, you should see her if you're going 3 days in a row. I will go on Monday(4th round) and hopefully she'll be there too.

Trih
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM
So Jeal :hysteric:

^ this! (Beato te!)
I hope to see her in Rome :P