PDA

View Full Version : For Brits: What Is The Story With The "Butler Rape" In UK??"

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:14 AM
American media does not cover this. It is considered too racy. So what is going on!!??

YSL
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:33 AM
From what I can gather... One of the things that came out of the Paul Burrell trial was that he had information about an alleged rape of one of the male servants by one of Prince Charles's butlers. No charges were ever brought against the butler even though the police were investigating it. I haven't read any details about it in the papers but in all honesty, I couldn't really give a toss about what Burrell has to say. It's one thing to say that it's royal protocol not to divulge secrets - And another to sell your story for 100k.

Of course, any sort of sordid scandal that is some way affiliated with the Royals is bad. And you can imagine how the press are having a field day wih such lurid details. However, it'll blow over soon and the press will find something else to bitch and moan about..

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:49 AM
the only thing i saw about it was a BBC WORLD NEWS. They showed a newspaper which had a haed line that read THE TAPE!! THE RAPE!!

bluepastures
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:32 AM
There's nothing the press (the broadsheets, not just the tabloids) love better than a royal scandal. Even now, several years after her death, any Princess Diana-related news is guaranted to dominate the front pages of Britain's newspapers.
The USA is certainly getting in on the act too, as I see Burrell has been over in New York with his family, telling his story.

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:25 PM
but the usa is not talking about the butler rape. it's off limits.