PDA

View Full Version : The many faces of Michael Jackson. DAMN!!!

CHOCO
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Friday, 15 November, 2002, 15:58 GMT
The many faces of Michael Jackson

Singer Michael Jackson is back in the spotlight as he testifies in the court case in which he is being sued by his promoter for $21.2m (£14m).
Jackson's appearance has commanded as many column inches as the case itself, fuelling speculation and comment over his facial features.

BBC News Online looks back at the many faces of Michael Jackson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471029_jacksoncourt2002_300.jpg
Jackson spoke in the Los Angeles court as a witness

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471043_jackson2001_2002_300.jpg
Jackson spoke at Oxford University union in 2000 (left) and visited the House of Commons in 2001

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471041_jackson2000_300.jpg
Jackson met the crowds at the Carousel of Hope, a star-studded charity gala in 2000

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471039_jackson96_300.jpg
He briefly married Lisa-Marie Presley before splitting in 1996, when this picture was taken

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471037_jackson93_95_300.jpg
Jackson's image did not change that much between 1993 (left) and 1996

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471035_jackson89_92_300.jpg
Jackson appeared on Top of the Pops in 1989 (left) and by 1992 he had radically changed how he looked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471033_jackson84_88_300.jpg
His famous Thriller video brought worldwide fame in 1984 (left) and by 1988 and he was still a musical success story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38471000/jpg/_38471031_jackson76_79_300.jpg
Jackson looked very different aged 14 in 1972 (left). Seven years later he appeared on BBC Radio 1

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME, HOW MICHAEL JACKSON AS A 40 Y/O MAN IS STILL EXTREMELY POPULAR WITH THE YOUTH OF THE WORLD???

Picol
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:17 AM
He is a freak show and the world loves a freak show.

BasicTennis
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:23 AM
he's a picture of discontenment.

CHOCO
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:56 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38468000/jpg/_38468269_autograohs_ap300.jpg
Jackson spends time with fans outside the court

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38466000/jpg/_38466301_jack150.jpg
Jackson had to take off his trademark mask once in court

Saturday, 16 November, 2002, 05:21 GMT
Jackson hits back at promoter

Singer Michael Jackson has appeared to question the honesty of German music publicist Marcel Avram, who is suing him for $21.2m (£14m) over the cancellation of the millennium concerts.
Answering questions from the prosecution on the third day of his trial, Mr Jackson said that Mr Avram - who has worked with him since 1972 - was not totally trustworthy.
"As a tour promoter I think he does a wonderful job," he said. "But when it comes to finance I don't know if I totally trust him."

Mr Avram contends that the reclusive star pulled out of a deal to perform in Sydney, Australia, and Honolulu over the millennium.

But Mr Jackson said the shows were cancelled by Mr Avram, after the promoter realised they would not be as profitable as he had hoped.

'Unresponsive'

The star claimed ownership of the idea of getting the millennium concerts recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the most-watched performances in history.

Michael Jackson is a long-established star

"It's possible that [Avram] mistakenly thinks he came up with that idea, but I know I came up with it," he said.

Mr Jackson added that Mr Avram was unresponsive to his calls to make the concerts "innovative".

However, Mr Avram's lawyer, Louis Miller, said he had caught Mr Jackson in "more inconsistencies and contradictions than any witness I've ever seen in my 30 years of practising law".

'Unflattering photos'

On Thursday, Mr Jackson arrived late at the Santa Barbara County Superior Court, north of Los Angeles, for "medical reasons".

"Jackson's lawyer is said to have objected to unflattering photos of the star taken by a court photographer on the first say of the hearing," said the BBC's David Willis in Los Angeles.

But the programme also revealed that the judge had summoned a photographer into chambers following the complaint by Mr Jackson's lawyers.

The pictures, taken when Mr Jackson had removed his trademark surgical mask while giving evidence, reveal a rare glimpse of the face of the 44-year-old pop superstar, who is said to have undergone extensive plastic surgery.

The star spent much of Wednesday on the witness stand, being grilled about why he did not appear at the two concerts.

The audience had won a lottery for seats

Mr Jackson's lawyer told the court that Mr Avram had agreed the singer was to have been paid $15m (£9m) for the concerts, but Mr Miller maintained that his client had no motive to cancel them.

The promoter said he tried for six months to reach an amicable agreement with Mr Jackson over the concerts, which had been billed as Michael Jackson and Friends.

They were to feature other performers including Ringo Starr and Mariah Carey.

Mr Jackson's lawyer, Zia Modabber, said Mr Avram postponed the concerts in October 1999, when he met with the singer's representatives.

"He could not live up to the huge promises he made to Mr Jackson," Mr Modabber said.

The court proceedings are being watched by about 30 people who have won a lottery for seats.

The case continues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38463000/jpg/_38463989_audience_150_ap.jpg
The audience had won a lottery for seats

King Satan
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:59 AM
What happen to this poor guy, he went from black to white to freak :sad:

Picol
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
What happen to this poor guy, he went from black to white to freak :sad:

As I said, he is a freak show.

YSL
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:09 AM
That man seriously disturbs me...

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:12 AM
free michael!!

Picol
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by anton
free michael!!

From himself?

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:24 AM
No, that was a joke.

But seriously if he wants to have a nosejob or whatever I think this is his business and why is the world obsessing over him so much? Elvis had a nosejob but people dont obsess over that.

King Satan
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:25 AM
But did elvis's nose turn black and almost fall off? lol

Shane54
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:31 AM
For Michael, the U.S. is the greatest country-Where else can one be born a black male and become a white woman? LMAO

King Satan
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Shane54
For Michael, the U.S. is the greatest country-Where else can one be born a black male and become a white woman? LMAO

Lmao that is really some fucked up shit to say lol

I thought your post was gonna be all serious lol :( :)

Picol
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Anton, you have to admit he has not just had a nose job, he has done the "Complete City Reconstruction" job. He has spent his life looking for media attention, he just never thought it would go wrong and the general public would get sick of his little "Play me" lines. I also strongly wonder why a man would pay a little boy off instead of fighting for his innocence. He says it was to make it all go away, the young boy turns 21 next year and intends to hold a media conference because the restrictions of the pay off are over. Lets wait to see what he has to say. He will either clear Michael or prove him to be a pedophile. I got a feeling it will be the latter.

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:41 AM
this thread has made a trun for the worst!

1. There are other things in the world much more important than what is Michael doing to his face like hunger, disease, racism, poverty, etc.
2. I would rather focus on his song i like like thriller and human nature than obsess on his face.
3. If your son was abused by mIchaael Jackson would you accept money or put him in jail? Hello, they just wanted some money. It's a shame I think, but people love money.

caramel
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:41 AM
I hope his nose won´t fall off anytime soon!
Poor Michael!

Zamboni
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Just look at the pic of age 14, and the most recent pic...:sad:

BCP
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:52 AM
I gotta stick up for Michael here. He has given us some of the most incredible pop music in recent times. He was mentally and physically abused as a child, and grew up with little social interaction as a child.

He has extremely low self-esteem, and is probably incredibly lonely. All his bravado about being the King of Pop, and all the plastic surgery are testament to that.

For all of his talent and money, I wouldn't swap places with him for the world.....and can't make fun of him. Let's laugh at people who deserve it....like J-Lo, Shakira, and Christina Aguelira!

BasicTennis
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:53 AM
believe me, MJ would like to look like J-Lo, Shakira or Christina Aguilera.:p

Picol
Nov 16th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by anton
this thread has made a trun for the worst!

3. If your son was abused by mIchaael Jackson would you accept money or put him in jail? Hello, they just wanted some money. It's a shame I think, but people love money.

If he was my son, there would be no Michael Jackson. Lets hope he gets the all clear next year or there will be no michael jackson.
The thought of that sleazy **** touching my family....not good

Zamboni
Nov 16th, 2002, 11:05 AM
BCP, you are absolutely right. Michael is not funny, he is sad.

CHOCO
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
It's indeed very sad.

nasty nick#2
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Isn't there anything he can do with his nose with all the money he got.

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:20 PM
argg Scary :eek:

niratti
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:29 PM
no matter what, i still love him and love his songs.

gentenaire
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by nasty nick#2
Isn't there anything he can do with his nose with all the money he got.

There's not much left of a nose to begin with. He's had so many operations on his nose that it's now dead.

CHOCO
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:14 PM
The fact that Michael Jackson looks like this it doesn't take away from his talent. But its still a tragedy nevertheless.

TennisToriTerrificTwosome
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Freak.

Messenger
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BasicTennis
believe me, MJ would like to look like J-Lo, Shakira or Christina Aguilera.:p

What do you have against Shakira? She can sing in Arabic you know ;)

anton
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:21 PM
go mike! WHO'S BAD??!!

CHOCO
Nov 17th, 2002, 01:12 AM
:)

CC
Nov 17th, 2002, 02:29 AM
But he often looks very sick. Especially in that third pic (2000). He must have some kind of disease.

Martian KC
Nov 17th, 2002, 02:43 AM
It's only only sad, but utterly disturbing! My God, what is in his brain cells right now!

bee
Nov 17th, 2002, 04:45 AM
I think he tried to look like Diana Ross... but he went a little too far...
Just sad.. to see somebody as talented as him to be considered a freak by many people... :( :)

BasicTennis
Nov 17th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Just simply an example of a person with no satisfaction with himself despite the talent and success he has achieved.

anton
Nov 17th, 2002, 06:20 AM
calling him a "freak" and "sad", etc only adds to his outsider image that he likes. See his song "They Don't Care About Us."

Sample lyric: jew me, sue me, everybody do me.
kick me, (racial word I dont want to repeat) me, don't you black or white me.

anton
Nov 17th, 2002, 06:25 AM
I forgot to add if he was concerned about people callling him a freak, he probably would not walk around wearing a white mask on his face. And he does have 2 or 3 small kids himself so calling him a pedohplie is out of line I think.

CHOCO
Nov 17th, 2002, 06:32 AM
anton - I loved Michael when I was a kid. His music, ability and appeal were off the chart. I do think there were some issues in his life that led to the way he looks.

I still love and respect him, but man...this is ridiculous.

anton
Nov 17th, 2002, 06:41 AM
mj has done a lot to help other people and people just try to take advantage of him i think. like his sister LaToya(rolleyes).

Anyway my earliest memory of michael is seeing him as a cartoon on tv in the jackson 5 on sunday mornings. he is very talented and will forever remain in the hearts of millions of fans. the same people who stick their noses in his persoanal life have issues too but they are just not on tv all the time. nobody is perfect. at least mj tries to give back and help people. he is not insulting people like people do him

BasicTennis
Nov 17th, 2002, 07:06 AM
MJ is not even proud of his color....just look what he did to himself.

anton
Nov 17th, 2002, 08:51 AM
he said he has that skin disease that turns parts of your skin dramatically lighter. if he has this or not, who cares? he and janet are hugely successful and i dont think a brother and sister will ever be this famous in show business but it could happen.

so what are your fav jackson songs!!??

janet: "nasty" and "pleasure principle"
michael: "human nature"
latoya: i hate all her stuff. is she still wearing that headband?
jermane: i like his old song with whitney houston

also does anybody know why janet doesnt like madonna. is it bc she thinks madonna cant sing and took off her clothes to push her music to the top?

BCP
Nov 17th, 2002, 10:11 AM
I just think it's incredibly mean to pick on someone who obviously has such problems. It's like picking on the local handicapped person or mentally ill people. Just becuase it's famous, doen't mean that the suffering is any easier for him....it's probably a lot worse.

No one but Michael knows the truth about skin, or the child abuse allegations. He could have the diease, or her could have bleached it. If he did bleach it, doesn't it further demonstrate his insecurities? I don't think he is making a statement to renounce his race. There is no excuse for child abuse. However, will we really know whether the boy's family saw a chance to make a lot of money....it's not like that is outside the realm of possibility.....and there haven't been any other allegations. Surely, if he was a child molester, and he did have a lot of children come to the ranch, there would have been more allegations, especially if they saw that the boy's family got a huge payoff.

Anton, I think that Michael has given us some incredible pop.

My top 3 Michael records are:

Billie Jean
Scream
Rock with you.

CHOCO
Nov 17th, 2002, 12:24 PM
:)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 17th, 2002, 12:27 PM
More importantly, he is a director of Exeter City FC, hopefully he'll plough millions into the club

anton
Nov 17th, 2002, 12:33 PM
i love billie jean!! and ant farms verison of "smooth criminal" is so funny!