PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Post AO Hardcourts

hellas719
Feb 4th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Fed Cup vs. Serbia :bounce:
Nina vs. Jovanovski :cheer:

#kArLoS#
Feb 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yanina beat Bojana 64 64 :banana:. Previously,Jankovic had defeated Flipkens 75 75 :(

Yanina came back from *14 in the 2nd set too :oh:.EVERY,and I mean it, every game in the 2nd set went to deuces.It was a long set,so glad she could finish it in two and stay relatively fresh against Jankovic tomorrow. BEL needs this win,no matter the costs :armed:

hellas719
Feb 5th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Yanina :woohoo:
I saw some of it. She didn't play great but got the job done :D

WhoAmI?
Feb 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
They lost to Serbia. Yanina won both her singles matches. I thought they wouldn't play her for doubles, but oh well.. And then there were reports of back problems:confused::o

Anyways, she's set to play in Paris. Against [LL] Jill Craybas. It was supposed to be Jankovic. Her draw got easier, if only she could take advantage of it too.

hellas719
Feb 8th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Nina :hug:
Take advantage of this draw and defend your points please!!

Dorien.
Feb 8th, 2012, 06:11 PM
She won her first match. Craybas retired after the first set

WhoAmI?
Feb 9th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Paris, r2: Yanina won against Christina McHale 62 75:bigclap:

Lots of doubles faults in the 2nd set, she even had 3 in a row:unsure:

Each win is welcomed nowadays:)

Dorien.
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I only saw the match till 4-1 in the first set and that was some solid play.

#kArLoS#
Feb 10th, 2012, 11:58 PM
She beats Barthel 64 67(3) 63 :bounce: :worship:

It was a HQ match IMO,Yanina had like 49Winners,Barthel 51 or something. Serve was working fine,bar 8DFs :help: :tape:.I´d say this is the best she´s played in a long time,you know she wanted it badly,even fought back from 0-5 down in the 2nd and made it to the TB ,and altough she lost it on a DF she regrouped nicely. Also,I wanna add that she´s comfortable playing here,I believe. Last year came close to beating Kvitova on indoor(though Zahlavova Strycova was closer as she held MP in the round before:p),and two years ago that loss to Martic,even though the quality of the match was superb.

Well,like I said,GL tomorrow. Kerber is actually a nice opponent on a Premier SF,I don´t think she´ll find anyone easier than that. Match NB 16.00 Paris time,hopefully she´s rested enough :scared: :hug:

Dorien.
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
:worship: Well done :cheer:
I'm just scared she will not have had enough time to recover. Kerber had a shorter match against Sharapova, and will be probably more fresh.

WhoAmI?
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm so glad she fought it through. I couldn't stay up anymore to watch the third set:sobbing: Amazing come back from 0-5* down:worship: Really shame about the DF in the TB, but in the end she won it all:cheer:

Good luck against Kerber, win would be nice. If it doesn't happen that's okay too. Yanina has at least bounced back nicely, though each match I'm afraid for the bad news:sobbing:

#kArLoS#
Feb 11th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Yanina lost 64 in the 3rd. She led *3-1 in the 3rd,so I can´t help but feel dissapointed...(67(2) 63 64)

Whatever,next step is Doha. Has Morita in r1,if she wins,Schiavone, and then maybe Pavlyuchenkova most likely

Dorien.
Feb 12th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yanina :hug:
Great tournament anyway :)

#kArLoS#
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:06 PM
62 61 against Morita. Such an easy and nice win :eek: :cheer:

Schiavone is next. Yanina has never lost to her,she even beat her on clay just before Francesca won RG´10. They´re 2nd on C1,sucks there´s no livestream :(

BTW,again no aces. Her serve is much better indoors than outdoors,by a wide margin. Quite a pity there are so few indoors tournaments to play :(

Dorien.
Feb 14th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Really solid start after a good week in Paris :cheer:
Well I guess the last 3 meetings don't mean that much. But for sure she can win against Schiavone, she isn't in such a great form for the moment

WhoAmI?
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Yanina def. Schiavone 76(4) 64 :)

A close match really, both had many opportunities. Yanina saved 6/8 BPs, but converted just 3/13 BPs.

Next its Pervak or Razzano. Winnable, but depends on Yanina.

Dorien.
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Well done :worship:
Was hoping for this win :) She should win next one against Pervak too. (But you never know)

#kArLoS#
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I was confident she would win against Schiavone,H2H 4-0 now :worship: :cheer:

She has such a winnable win for a r3 match against Pervak,but like Dorien said,you never know. Still I think she should be able to overpower the Kazakh without too much trouble,but we´ll see..

Bieselke
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Yanina - Pervak 6-4 6-0 :)

#kArLoS#
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Yanina ;)

She keeps her good form post AO: SF in Paris(Premier),now QF in Doha(Premier 5),those are such good results and I´m so happy for her :)

Well,Azarenka next. Today her serving was a bit eeew(such a low FS % as 52% hasn´t happened in a long time).Hopefully she improves her serve,which she´ll need,otherwise Azarenka´s gonna eat her.I don´t think she´ll win,but I believe she´ll give the Belarussian a run for her money

Dorien.
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Great win :cheer:
Nothing to lose against Vika, so hopefully we will just see a nice match :)

WhoAmI?
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Azarenka def. Wickmayer 60 64

1st set stats:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1300/1stset.png
Yanina could only win 2 points on her serve. This set was just a nightmare. To say she couldn't put 2 balls on court is generous, she couldn't find the court at all:help:

match stats:
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3209/2ndset.png
Already better from Yanina, but it's like she didn't really believe. While Vika was quite intense, come oning and stuff, Yanina didn't fistpump nor said come ons, no frustration either (not a bad thing), but was rather smiley.

However, it was a positive week. She played as far as possible in these conditions.
Let's see what next week brings. I think she should be last into MD in Dubai.

#kArLoS#
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ugh I could only watch the last game,and it definitely wasn´t good. 1st set stats hurt my eyes. Poor Yanina :sad:

BTW I noticed what you say too,the handshake was great,and Yanina even smiled at her. It´s like she knows she´s got a lot to learn still,and recognizes that. Contraty to what some people believe,she isn´t the bitch they made her to be. Dubai is going to be as tough as that,maybe more,as the draw is only 32,so it´ll be packed. I´m waiting for the MD already,have a feeling she´ll have another clash against Azarenka,in r2 this time :unsure:

WhoAmI?
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Last time I remember her being like that - smiling at points won or points lost - was when she lost to Kvitova 06 26 at Wimbledon.

Last season's first half she was drawn to Wozniacki quite a few times, will see if it's the same with Azarenka now:lol:

Dorien.
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
First set was indeed very bad. Second set was a bit better already. But indeed her smile after winning the first game was really funny :p She was really positive today even when she was losing :eek:

WhoAmI?
Feb 18th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Dubai MD is out, but no Yanina.

No news on Facebook either.

And just yesterday her website had Yanina is now heading for Dubai.
http://www.yaninawickmayer.com/en/news/2012/02/world-number-one-too-good-for-yanina/

Maybe she just got sick or something:unsure:

hellas719
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Good two weeks for Nina :yeah:

WhoAmI?
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe we'll just have one cheering thread for the whole season?:)

Yanina's section of the draw in Indian Wells

Jankovic vs Bye
Hampton vs Hercog
Gajdosova vs Vandeweghe
Bye vs Wickmayer
Pennetta vs Bye
Pironkova vs Suarez Navarro
Cirstea vs Benesova
Bye vs A.Radwanska

Easy 1st round:oh:
4th round would be great.. (as long as she has no signs of health problems)
There are quite a few points to defend:unsure:

WhoAmI?
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Tough loss against Gajdosova 62 26 46.

hellas719
Mar 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Nina :sobbing:
And I guess we will use this for a while and then after Fed Cup we can make one for the clay court season :shrug:

WhoAmI?
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
A win over Erakovic 63 64:)

Next up compatriot Clijsters:scared: Good thing is, it'll probably be a streamed match:D

WhoAmI?
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:46 PM
There was no stream, but there was a win!!!!!

:bigclap:Yanina Wickmayer def. Kim Clijsters 64 76(5):bigclap:

Yanina had big trouble closing out the match, but pulled through in the end:D

So happy for her:D:D:D

hellas719
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Yanina :bowdown:
If she can beat Wozniacki now, she would be popular on TF for once :hearts:

GL against Wozniacki! Finish what you couldn't in Charleston! :p

WhoAmI?
Mar 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
She's officially Wozniacki's biatch:sobbing:

Lost 67 06 :tears:

In the 1st set she saved a couple of set points on Wozniacki's serve at 5-6*, went up 4-1 in TB, afterwards saved a few more set points, but that was it. No idea what happened in that 2nd set:tape:

Oh well, on to Charelston.

Dorien.
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Sad she couldn't take her chances. She really can beat Wozniacki... One day...

WhoAmI?
Apr 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
CHARLESTON draw

(6)Lisicki - Bye
Falconi - Q
Q - Panova
King - (12)Wickmayer

Vania is a tough opponent, she's had a decent start of the year. Anyhow, Yanina will hopefully win this. Good luck!:)

hellas719
Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Yanina :hug:
I'm making a new thread since its clay time :p