PDA

View Full Version : Can you please define these plus-size models' body?

Sammo
Jan 31st, 2012, 09:21 PM
So you know, after Azarenka was on Ellen I started watching Ellen videos and found this

G2I8dSHURSk

Lots of people are going crazy in the comments saying that they're not plus-size, that they are from thin to normal, and I mean, Ellen is thinner than all of them, so just vote and give your opinion please.

So Disrespectful
Jan 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
You mean by society's standards? Slim to normal.

Ellen Dawson
Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Sammo, IMO, it depends on what country you're from. Being American, I'd say those 4 models are Normal size (size 10). The sad thing is that to me, a lot of American would consider these 4 women as being a little plus-size only because they've been conditioned to think that a 10 is "chubby". Btw. they all look great. :)

Beat
Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
i'd say normal. i could also accept a "slightly heavy", but that has more to do with them being so tall.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
i'd say normal. i could also accept a "slightly heavy", but that has more to do with them being so tall.

+1

pov
Feb 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
The thing is that because of the increasing prevalence of obesity (and increasing fatness in varying degrees) in the USA, slightly heavy or even chubby is now often seen as "normal."

CDC: During the past 20 years, there has been a dramatic increase in obesity in the United States and rates remain high. In 2010, no state had a prevalence of obesity less than 20%.

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/trends.HTML