PDA

View Full Version : Public Ballot

Maria rocks
Jan 31st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Who has entered this and will be looking at their post with their fingers crossed from February onwards?

Carlon2012
Feb 4th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I have entered the ballot! I hope that people will post when they receive their tickets. So exciting! I am in the US so I imagine that if I do get tickets it will take me slight longer to hear of the notice. There was a good thread on here from 2010 from that years successful ballot winners.

Maria rocks
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Im in two ballot's. The public one and the British Tennis members one too. I have everything crossed.

Mary Cherry.
Feb 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I'm in the public ballot this year, only had luck once out of four tries with the British Tennis membership. My mum applied too so I've got two chances this year.

Fingers crossed :oh:

Maria rocks
Feb 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I'm in the public ballot this year, only had luck once out of four tries with the British Tennis membership. My mum applied too so I've got two chances this year.

Fingers crossed :oh:

Yeah my sister applied in the public ballot too. So i effectively have 3 chances. If not i'll just go and queue.

Maria rocks
Feb 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Just wondering if anyone entered on here and if you have heard anything back in the post saying you've been successful yet??

andrew_uk
Feb 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I entered and usually you hear in February if you are successful. However I know someone who found out just weeks before she had tickets for the men's semi-finals, and she got front row seats :lol:

Maria rocks
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Stil not heard anything. Has anyone else??

Mary Cherry.
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Nope.

Do they do more ballots from now until June or is it just a case of them passing on any unwanted tickets from now until June?

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:49 AM
they keep on doing the ballot

Maria rocks
Feb 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Nope.

Do they do more ballots from now until June or is it just a case of them passing on any unwanted tickets from now until June?

Ive heard back today. Ive been offered a pair of tickets for Centre Court on Monday 25th June which is the first day. IM SO EXCITED :D:bounce::bounce:

Escape
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM
I got a letter this morning saying I've got tickets for Court 1 on the middle Saturday :D

Maria rocks
Feb 22nd, 2012, 07:11 AM
I got a letter this morning saying I've got tickets for Court 1 on the middle Saturday :D

Well done you:D Thats the first time ive ever been successful in the ballot. I was so excited when i saw it was from Wimbledon i was like a kid at Christmas ripping the envelope open:lol:

nelslus
Mar 2nd, 2012, 05:25 AM
We got two Court 1 tickets for Wednesday, July 4th- men's QF day. Second time in three years we managed to get tickets through the regular Wimbledon ballot. Our first year, we got great Center Court tickets for the first Saturday. Needless to say, we feel incredibly lucky.

Moo_21
Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Well done to all those who got tickets :D

My brother has got tickets for number one court on Magic Monday so i'm hoping he will take me! Every year my family and I put in 4 applications between us and generally speaking at least one of us gets tickets.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Nothing :sobbing:

Maria rocks
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Nothing :sobbing:

Aw. You could queue. I got Court 1 tickets last year via the queue on the 2nd day. I was in the queue at 4am.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Nothing :(

got "lucky" last yr when i got offered tickets to Court 1 on the 2nd Thursday, but i turned it down cos not watching doubles and pensioners.

Hoping to go week 1 if the other half lets me :o

Mary Cherry.
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Aw. You could queue. I got Court 1 tickets last year via the queue on the 2nd day. I was in the queue at 4am.

I would if I lived closer :sad: I read somewhere that the next ballot goes out next week, so fingers crossed.

got "lucky" last yr when i got offered tickets to Court 1 on the 2nd Thursday, but i turned it down cos not watching doubles and pensioners.

Last year I got Court 1 on men's finals day. No chance :ras:

Maria rocks
Mar 7th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I would if I lived closer :sad: I read somewhere that the next ballot goes out next week, so fingers crossed.

Last year I got Court 1 on men's finals day. No chance :ras:

You see i don't see that as a bad thing personally cos you could watch the men's final on Henman Hill then go to court 1 for some live tennis. If it was me i would have accepted.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Apparently there's another round of the ballot early next week. I need to stop getting my hopes up :sobbing:

You see i don't see that as a bad thing personally cos you could watch the men's final on Henman Hill then go to court 1 for some live tennis. If it was me i would have accepted.

I find Henman hill a bit of a nightmare, having to climb over a sea of people to find somewhere to sit, and even then your view is blocked by one thing or another.

MarkNL
Mar 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
How does this ballot work? :unsure:

You can participate in the ballot and if you're lucky you are able to buy tickets for a random day and a random court?

Is this the only way to get tickets for Wimbledon?

Maria rocks
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
How does this ballot work? :unsure:

You can participate in the ballot and if you're lucky you are able to buy tickets for a random day and a random court?

Is this the only way to get tickets for Wimbledon?

http://www.wimbledon.com/championships/tickets/obtaining-tickets

Hope the above link helps.:)

Maria rocks
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Apparently there's another round of the ballot early next week. I need to stop getting my hopes up :sobbing:

I find Henman hill a bit of a nightmare, having to climb over a sea of people to find somewhere to sit, and even then your view is blocked by one thing or another.

I have my fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you have any luck:)

I like it on there when Andy Murray plays its a great atmosphere same as when Henman used to play. But yeah you need to get your space early or its a nightmare.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM
waste of time to go on H Hill
only time to go is when its raining to see some action on big screen

Mary Cherry.
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:00 PM
An unusual envelope came in the post today. I was excited for a second...until I realised it was my council tax bill :ras:

Maria rocks
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Just booked my train for Wimbledon. Exciting, Its getting closer!!!:)

MarkNL
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.wimbledon.com/championships/tickets/obtaining-tickets

Hope the above link helps.:)
Still don't get it :tape: Can anyone explain it please? :p

Mary Cherry.
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM

We just got offered the same :sobbing: I'm wondering what the odds of it raining will be and there'll maybe be a men's quarter final still to play or something :unsure:

Maria rocks
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Anyone got anything in the LTA Ballots? I think they are running now as well?

Maria rocks
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:59 PM
We just got offered the same :sobbing: I'm wondering what the odds of it raining will be and there'll maybe be a men's quarter final still to play or something :unsure:

Aw hopefully. Im going that day as well i got a ticket for the women's semi's on Centre:)

Mary Cherry.
Apr 22nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Still undecided. I can't decide which out of the following to do:

A) Buy the tickets for Court 1 on women's SF day.
B) Wait to see if I get a better offer again in the ballot (highly unlikely)
C) Attempt to buy some tickets the night before on Ticketmaster.
or D) Get a ground pass for one day in the first week.

C and D are looking like the best options in an ideal world but I live quite far away from Wimbledon itself so that would be a big issue. Does anyone know how easy it is to queue for a ground pass? You don't have to turn up ridiculously early in the morning to get in on time do you?

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Still undecided. I can't decide which out of the following to do:

A) Buy the tickets for Court 1 on women's SF day.
B) Wait to see if I get a better offer again in the ballot (highly unlikely)
C) Attempt to buy some tickets the night before on Ticketmaster.
or D) Get a ground pass for one day in the first week.

C and D are looking like the best options in an ideal world but I live quite far away from Wimbledon itself so that would be a big issue. Does anyone know how easy it is to queue for a ground pass? You don't have to turn up ridiculously early in the morning to get in on time do you?

Queuing for a ground pass is a piece of cake. Really. It's actually a lot of fun and most of the time you will simply find yourself sitting in the park chatting to the folks around you while you are on the queue. No, you don't need to get there ridiculously early. 8 am is usually fine for the 1st week. If it is really warm and sunny maybe a little earlier. Most of the time you are even ok if you arrive by 9 am although anytime after 8 invites a little bit of risk.

Also once in the grounds it isn't too hard to get into the main show courts. You have three options. 1) Queue for resale tickets. These are not expensive. Can't remember if they are 5 or 10 pounds. The line can be long but if as long as Murray, Nadal or Federer are not due to play in the court you want to get into you should be ok for getting into the 2nd matches on any of the showcourts although the queues can be lengthy. 2) Simply ask people leaving the grounds if you can have their tickets. Can be done but tricky. This probably works best if you are an attractive woman who is able to use a bit of charm. As I am not a woman I don't find this so easy but when I gone with an attractive woman we have been able to get in via this method. :lol: Many people do prefer to hand in their tickets for resale also so you have to accept not everyone will just let go of their tickets even if they are done for the day. 3) Your third option is just sneaking into the grounds. Obviously if stewards catches you out you go and this is only recommended for those who have a lot of hootspa which I have to say I don't.

Personally I always find the 1st week there is enough going on in the outside courts that I rarely have any big desire to get into the main showcourts.

Mary Cherry.
Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks :) I'd probably have to find somewhere to stay the night before if I do decide to go for the ground pass but it should be worth it.

And I'll be sure to bring some extra lipgloss just incase :oh:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
^Mary C you coming from Eastbourne or from back home ?

Now to decide if I should buy an open return from Leeds or wait and try to get cheap single tickets.
Really wanna stay for all week 1

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:41 AM
No idea i got anything as I'm abroad till next Wed
Even if I did I'd have missed the deadline

Time to pitch up a tent again :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
^Mary C you coming from Eastbourne or from back home ?

Now to decide if I should buy an open return from Leeds or wait and try to get cheap single tickets.
Really wanna stay for all week 1

Depends when we go, if we decide to go with the tickets we got in the ballot then I'll be coming from home. If not, we might go straight from Eastbourne which is what we did a couple of years ago, staying one night in a gross Travelodge in Morden :sobbing:

Train tickets are a nightmare either way - they always say it's cheapest to book months in advance but the cheapest ticket I've ever got from Eastbourne back home (via London) was when I bought the tickets the day before :lol:

nevetssllim
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
I agree with Shved. Ground passes are by no means a poor man's alternative if you can't get show-court tickets. I've seen Azarenka play a doubles match on an outside court before (also seen Kuznetsova, Stosur, Zvonareva, Radwanska in singles as well as the WS, Jankovic and most of the aforementioned in doubles) and seeing as it's Olympic year, I think a lot of the top players will be playing doubles and mixed on outside courts for a bit of match practice.

I normally get there for 7-7.30am just to be on the safe side. There's a Starbucks right by the tube station and there are people selling newspapers in the park so the time goes really quickly.

Mary Cherry.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Is there a different queue for ground passes? I want to be as far away from Murray mania as possible.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 24th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Is there a different queue for ground passes? I want to be as far away from Murray mania as possible.

Used to be 2. Now only 1 q and it's all in the golf course.

Mary Cherry.
Apr 26th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Change of plans. I'm going to the Olympic even at Wimbledon instead :oh:

nevetssllim
Apr 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Change of plans. I'm going to the Olympic even at Wimbledon instead :oh:

How? :eek:

Mforensic
May 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
No tickets yet for me either. Guess I'll be in the queue at 4 am the first week. WOW! I haven't done that since McEnroe played his last match at Wimbledon against Agassi. I met MJ Fernandez that day too!

Mary Cherry.
May 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
How? :eek:

Bought one of those accommodation + tickets packages from Thomas Cook, I got tickets for Court 1 on the Tuesday (2nd round matches) and one night in the Copthorne hotel at Chelsea FC :)

nevetssllim
May 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Do you have a link, Mary Cherry? Probably stating the obvious here but I'm guessing it's fairly pricey.

Mary Cherry.
May 7th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Do you have a link, Mary Cherry? Probably stating the obvious here but I'm guessing it's fairly pricey.

Initially it was, they were charging thousands of pounds for a couple of nights in a hotel and tickets to 2 different events :o But now they have much cheaper offers available, deals for just one night in a hotel and tickets for one event costs a couple of hundred quid per person.

http://www.thomascooklondon2012.com/

TheBoiledEgg
May 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
where do these students get all this money from ? ;)

Mary Cherry.
May 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM
where do these students get all this money from ? ;)

Who knows, I only lasted 5 months as a student. Perhaps saving all that booze money made me better off :oh:

Maria rocks
May 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Anybody who got lucky in the ballot this year received your tickets in the post yet?

nevetssllim
May 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Initially it was, they were charging thousands of pounds for a couple of nights in a hotel and tickets to 2 different events :o But now they have much cheaper offers available, deals for just one night in a hotel and tickets for one event costs a couple of hundred quid per person.

http://www.thomascooklondon2012.com/

Just a shame there aren't any single tickets. :sad: I'm really hoping there will be a few tennis tickets left when I have another chance to apply for tickets next week.

Maria rocks
May 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Anybody who got lucky in the ballot this year received your tickets in the post yet?

Mine arrived in the post this morning for Monday 25th June on Centre Court. Oh my god im like sooooooooooooooooo excited:bounce::bounce::):):)

Wassap
Jun 14th, 2012, 08:22 AM
As it is the first time I'll go to Wimbledon (if I got tickets), I would appreciate any recommendation to get the tickets. It seems not possible to buy tickets online...and the prices for all tickets are set. Would you recommend going to the Queue? In that case, the tickets are still the same price?

I'm a bit loss, sorry about my ignorance

HenryMag.
Jun 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I'm going to London for a a couple of days on work stuff, but I have next Saturday (23rd June) available before I come back...I would like to know if it's possible to go to Wimbledon on Saturday jsut to watch practice sessions. Do you have to pay anything?

Thanks in advance.

Material World
Jun 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM
We got tickets in the public ballot for Court 1, second Weds. Men's QF day but hope the weather causes some delays and there's some Womens to see too. Looking forward to it now...