PDA

View Full Version : Smartphone dependant!

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 29th, 2012, 12:21 AM
How many of you are completely dependant on your smart phone?

My iPhone was stolen last night at a club, and I had to navigate through london in the early hours without it; I felt so handicapped, scared and lost :sobbing: Feel like I am way too dependant on that bloody phone, having withdrawal symptoms now that I don't have it :o

Vartan
Jan 29th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I am not dependent on it but it just makes me more comfortable to have it with me.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM
^ See I started out like that, but then became overly dependant on it. Add in the fact that I have absolutely no sense of direction, so I couldnt go from one street to the other without having my iPhone out , which I started using more for tweeting and fbing than my Mac.

I miss my iRena :sad:

ArturoAce.
Jan 29th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Not dependent at all, just extremely bored in class without it. :lol:

AjdeNate!
Jan 29th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Connected at all times. I even tweet in my sleep sometimes.

cowsonice
Jan 29th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I don't have a smartphone but I have an iPod touch. I'm pretty dependent on it for music, emails and tennis scores, but the fact that I need wifi renders it useless whenever I'm traveling. :sobbing:

Yoncé
Jan 29th, 2012, 05:08 AM
My iPhone is the essence of my life :lol: I don't think I would realize how dependent on it I was though until, and I hope the doesn't happen, I lose it or something.

ranfurly
Jan 29th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I have an HTC.

I hardly use it, apart from playing music in the car, the occasional text, and the occasional phoning someone.

I bought it for when I start travelling, I can roam globally, and have all the communication apps I need without taking my laptop, so it's for convenience. I payed a bit, but It's an investment for the future, provided I don't drop it in a puddle or run over the thing.

I haven't become dependent on it because I don't want to be dependent on a bit of circuit board which could fuck out on me at any second, don't need to tweet every 2 seconds or update my facebook, don't need to look at a map to navigate myself to somewhere because I know the roads well..etc etc.

It's an investment for future plans, not a way of life.

Pump-it-UP
Jan 29th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Heavily dependent. It literally sleeps on my pillow with me every night. :tape: I check it (usually to respond to a text) every time when I roll over in the middle of the night. It's so pathetic, but I don't even care.

Julian.
Jan 29th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Not really, but feel so isolated from the rest of the world when I don't have it :spit:

Sean.
Jan 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I wouldnt say dependant, because I manage to get by when it runs out of battery (which is often), but I do use it a lot.

Silly Brad, don't flash your cash & it won't get stolen!

Certinfy
Jan 29th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Sorry about your phone getting stolen. :hug:

I'm definitely not dependent of my iPhone but if I didn't have it with me I would definitely be bored a lot more of the time when out and about.

I think when I get a PS Vita I'll start using my iPhone less and see whether or not I have any withdrawal symptoms then. :lol:

Petkorazzi
Jan 29th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I go crazy if i don't have access to the internet at home, but I am not dependent on my phone/iPod touch at all...

VeeJJ
Jan 29th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I use it often, but not for status updates or text. It's really convienient. I use it for bus routes, maps, school stuff. It's just handy. It died the other day in school. I was pissed but not helpess.

The Dawntreader
Jan 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM
It's very easy to survive without a phone:lol:

Mynarco
Jan 29th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Is your phone insured :unsure:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 29th, 2012, 11:22 PM
^My phone contract was up 2 months ago, so was my insurance. I just ordered a Nokia Lumia 800 (?) to replace my iPhone and I am feeling dirty having to use a non-apple product :sobbing: Everything from my mac/imac/ipod to my tablet is apple. As a designer I am an emotionally stunted technophobe and only an apple product can complete me.

@sean I didn't flash my cash, I am a student so there is no cash :sobbing: plus it was a 3gs so there is nothing to flash either.

Sean.
Jan 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
^My phone contract was up 2 months ago, so was my insurance. I just ordered a Nokia Lumia to replace my iPhone and I am feeling dirty having to use a non-apple product :sobbing: Everything from my mac/imac/ipod to my tablet is apple. As a designer I am an emotionally stunted technophobe and only an apple product can complete me.

http://bakersdaughterwrites.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/shame-award-1.jpg

You disappoint me. We can no longer be friends! :wavey:

@sean I didn't flash my cash, I am a student so there is no cash :sobbing: plus it was a 3gs so there is nothing to flash either.

K, I hope your alright. The thief must have been gutted it was the old version, not that that's much consolation! :lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 29th, 2012, 11:40 PM
http://bakersdaughterwrites.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/shame-award-1.jpg

You disappoint me. We can no longer be friends! :wavey:

Thats expected, people in my college are going to judge me even more; might as well have shown up in a primark hoodie for a lecture :o

K, I hope your alright. The thief must have been gutted it was the old version, not that that's much consolation! :lol:

I am hoping he will just return it since its not worth it.

Sean.
Jan 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Thats expected, people in my college are going to judge me even more; might as well have shown up in a primark hoodie for a lecture :o

Since you're going out, you may as well do it with a bang:

http://0.tqn.com/d/diyfashion/1/0/T/R/-/-/duct_tape_dummy_02.jpg

I am hoping he will just return it since its not worth it.

Maybe it was some sort of divine intervention, to force you to upgrade? Unfortunately you've strayed further from the light into darkness....

p.s. Why are you not on MSN?

PatrickRyan
Jan 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Love my Droid Razr!
not depended on it, but feel uncomfortable without it

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 30th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Since you're going out, you may as well do it with a bang:

http://0.tqn.com/d/diyfashion/1/0/T/R/-/-/duct_tape_dummy_02.jpg

Thats still better than primark.

p.s. Why are you not on MSN?

I was studying!

Kart
Jan 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
My iPhone is my life support machine.

I feel your pain.

Szavay #1
Feb 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
How many of you are completely dependant on your smart phone?

My iPhone was stolen last night at a club, and I had to navigate through london in the early hours without it; I felt so handicapped, scared and lost :sobbing: Feel like I am way too dependant on that bloody phone, having withdrawal symptoms now that I don't have it :o

totally dependent on it!!!! and i know exactly how you feel. i have so much on it (coupons! :lol: ). it's only second in importance to my apt keys. :o

Mashabator
Feb 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Aw that sucks yours got stolen.
I have a samsung galaxy s2 and i die without it :help: like i dont know what to do if i dont have it with me :D

WozLolz
Feb 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, I'd say I'm dependent on my iPhone. Whenever I charge it in my speaker/charger thing, I get separation anxiety. :eek: Ahhh. :[ If I didn't have to work(:shout:), I'd be on it 13 hours a day and sleep for 11. :inlove: