PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich promises a permanent American base in the Moon

Sammo
Jan 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Is this person subnormal or something? The moon is an inert rock orbiting around the Earth, there's nothing left there to study and this guy wants a base in the Moon which would cost millions of dollars? Doesn't propagandistic shit have no limits?

antonella
Jan 28th, 2012, 05:48 PM
He could be the first President of the Moon, go there and run the place, life-long term! I think it's a great idea. And just the right job for someone like him. :)

njnetswill
Jan 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
The goal is to attack Iran with moon lasers, duh.

duhcity
Jan 28th, 2012, 10:07 PM
After hearing this, Romney bought the moon.

AjdeNate!
Jan 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM
He wants it to become a state, but not until we have 13,000 Americans living there.

:oh:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:45 PM
He could be the first President of the Moon, go there and run the place, life-long term! I think it's a great idea. And just the right job for someone like him. :)

:haha:

*JR*
Jan 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
TENV8IhpZ2A 1hKSYgOGtos

ys
Jan 29th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Is this person subnormal or something? The moon is an inert rock orbiting around the Earth, there's nothing left there to study and this guy wants a base in the Moon which would cost millions of dollars?

Millions? No. Trillions. And right, indeed, currently this has no practical sense whatsoever. Our carbohydrate energy base is totally incompatible with this kind of enterprise. We need a different level of energy system before that. Mind you, back in 60s the prognosis was that we'll have a permanent Moon base by 2005. Prognosis was also that by then we'll have a civilization that is primarily thermonuclear-based energy-wise.

My take? There is no way we are doing this in next 50 years. Could be more. Could be milleniums.
Our civilization is in a total technological stagnation since 60s. In last 50 years we achieved virtually nothing. That's the price of diverting the resources to social advancement and putting the civilization into old good "bread and circuses" mode. You know what has always followed "bread and circuses". Stagnation and disintegration. We are on our way.

Helen Lawson
Jan 29th, 2012, 01:48 AM
He will self-destruct long before the convention. I think he's mentally ill, not in hearing voices like Bachman and Santorum, but like narcissistic clinically. I think he believes this stuff.

JN
Jan 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4103/mooncolony.jpg

Sammo
Jan 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
:hysteric::haha:

mykarma
Jan 29th, 2012, 09:49 PM
:hysteric::haha:

I hope the teaparty get it together and give Newt the nomination.

*****Run Newt Run. *****

tennisbum79
Jan 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Is this person subnormal or something? The moon is an inert rock orbiting around the Earth, there's nothing left there to study and this guy wants a base in the Moon which would cost millions of dollars? Doesn't propagandistic shit have no limits?

This is why many who work closely with the former speaker cannot stand him.

He think any idea coming him is worth airing in public as a good idea because, he, New Gingrich came up with it.

So unique and forward looking he thinks he is that I bet his senior campaign staff was blindsided by Newt taking this idea public.

cowsonice
Jan 30th, 2012, 01:59 AM
It's like Star Wars 2.0
I don't even understand how this appeals to the larger Republican demographic.

tennisbum79
Jan 30th, 2012, 02:19 AM
It's like Star Wars 2.0
I don't even understand how this appeals to the larger Republican demographic.
I think Newt internal polls probably show he is widely seen as the "idea" man in the fields candidate; his appeal to voters is because of his ideas.
And Newt is letting loose his big vault of ideas.

Whether issuing a subpoena to judges to appear in congress to explain their decision/ruling on certain matters( and if they don't, they will be arrested), making children work to learn value of work, to transforming the country from a population of paycheck as opposed to population food-stamps, allegedly championed by Obama.

Newt strategy is not to appeal to larger republican immediately, he is convinced the powers of his ideas and debating skills will eventually bring those who are reluctantly supporting Mitt Romney to his side in the long run. He is a one-man campain, short on organizations in many states, solely relying on the man, Gingrich, the historian, the idea man.

wta_zuperfann
Jan 30th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Gingrich wants to waste trillions of dollars on a useless project. Then he will blame the increased Federal deficit on the Democrats as per usual.

LeRoy.
Jan 30th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Can he permanently move there and take Rick Santorum with him ? I am sure there are no gays on the moon so it'll be just like heaven. :D

young_gunner913
Jan 30th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Can he permanently move there and take Rick Santorum with him ? I am sure there are no gays on the moon so it'll be just like heaven. :D

They'd be doing some zero gravity fucking.

JN
Jan 30th, 2012, 03:56 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6229/dsotnewt.jpg Dark Side Of The Newt

Audio: http://soundcloud.com/mike-in-raleigh/dark-side-of-the-newt