PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova & Sasha Vujacic's Wedding Plan

Julian.
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Posted by Lylux:

sJ5ryePTMmg

Maria Sharapova and her fiancé, basketball player Sasha Vujacic, could announce a wedding date next week, Vujacic revealed in an exclusive interview with RIA Novosti.

SVK
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:02 PM
When I saw Maria Sharapova to announce... I thought for a second it´s about retirement.

Direwolf
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Wheres your other thread ? :)

RenaSlam.
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:11 PM
When I saw Maria Sharapova to announce... I thought for a second it´s about retirement.

Yeah, that would make sense. When she's about to play for the AO title. :rolleyes::help:

SVK
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah, that would make sense. When she's about to play for the AO title. :rolleyes::help:

When in WTA things make sense?

And congrats to Maria.

Emina.
Jan 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Congrats Mash! :D

killerqueen
Jan 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hopefully she'll announce it in her acceptance speech on Saturday! :):lol:

heelsrule1988
Jan 26th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Finally. :p

lefty24
Jan 26th, 2012, 08:25 PM
How did I never realize that he had such a strong accent?
I really hope he gets a haircut, he looks so much better with short hair!
Maybe Maria likes it long so she can play with it... ;)

JadeFox
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:14 PM
How did I never realize that he had such a strong accent?
I really hope he gets a haircut, he looks so much better with short hair!
Maybe Maria likes it long so she can play with it... ;)

Or tug it during sex.

Not that I would know anything about that. :angel:

lefty24
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Or tug it during sex.

Not that I would know anything about that. :angel:

that's actually what I was trying to imply but I didn't want to sound dirty. :angel:

JadeFox
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
that's actually what I was trying to imply but I didn't want to sound dirty. :angel:

I figured as much. :p :devil:

cowsonice
Jan 26th, 2012, 10:00 PM
:awww::hearts:

They cut off the "if not," part from Sasha so this might be inaccurate??

lefty24
Jan 26th, 2012, 10:19 PM
:awww::hearts:

They cut off the "if not," part from Sasha so this might be inaccurate??

I don't think he was implying that Maria was gonna announce the wedding date next week, just that they should ask her about it next week instead of him.

cowsonice
Feb 5th, 2012, 02:06 AM
It's been a week :tears:

Julian.
Feb 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Well, Maria refused to announce her wedding date to the public. She said it's none of your business :sobbing:

The article:

http://www.livetennisguide.com/2012/02/02/maria-sharapova-wedding-plans-in-2012/

Maria Sharapova Wedding plans in 2012
Thursday, February 2nd, 2012 at 11:35 am , filed under Tennis News by Jon Denton

Former Russian world No.1, Maria Sharapova has denied to talk about her wedding with longtime boyfriend, Sasha Vujacic, who is an Slovenian basketball star and Los Angeles Lakers star.
The World No. 3 Maria Sharapova and Sasha Vujacic have been dated for one year and later engaged in October 2010 in Los Angeles.
Vujacic, who is the point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers. However, since past two-years, the pair has not announced any official wedding date till now.
Sources stated that, Sasha Vujacic that, he will let the world know about their wedding marriage through her girlfriend and tennis player, Maria Sharapova may be in the next week.
The three times grand slam champion, Sharapova denies to speak about their wedding date stating that, it our own business and added that, Vujacic just did not want to talk about the wedding and either she is not interested.
24-years old, Sharapova has finally said that, it’s our business, and I won’t tell you.
Meanwhile, most of the seeded players in tennis with Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal are planning to get married in a busy tennis season this year, which also includes 2012 London Olympics.
Stay focused to know about the tennis players, who are getting prepared to tie-knots this year.

lefty24
Feb 5th, 2012, 02:50 AM
I figured. I don't think she likes talking about her personal life(unlike some other players coughwonzniackicough) which is completely understandable.
I remember she hated when everyone asked to see her engagement ring.

Steven.
Feb 5th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I love you Maria! I hope you have a great life with Sasha. Hopefully your genes will be pass down onto your kids. :hearts:

Cherry.
Feb 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I figured. I don't think she likes talking about her personal life(unlike some other players coughwonzniackicough) which is completely understandable.
I remember she hated when everyone asked to see her engagement ring.
This. There's no way she's gonna say anything about the wedding date any time soon, given 2012 is a pretty busy year with the Olympics and she's focused and determined to play her best tennis there.

lefty24
Feb 5th, 2012, 03:17 AM
I love you Maria! I hope you have a great life with Sasha. Hopefully your genes will be pass down onto your kids. :hearts:

yes please. I hope their children are giants like them. :hearts:
I think since I'm really short I really like tall people. :p

MM_1257
Feb 5th, 2012, 08:35 AM
yes please. I hope their children are giants like them. :hearts:
I think since I'm really short I really like tall people. :p

We might have the same complex :lol:... I just figured that almost all my sports' favourites are very tall.

gc-spurs
Feb 5th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I'm short and I hate tall people. Especially because you can't lean on their shoulders. This is why Philippines is awesome, everyone is leanable. Everyone has giant blood in NZ.

Maria rocks
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
This. There's no way she's gonna say anything about the wedding date any time soon, given 2012 is a pretty busy year with the Olympics and she's focused and determined to play her best tennis there.

Exactly. I can't see her getting wed till at least 2014.

Tennisvampire
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Lol, am I the only one who would want her to wait a bit? Because, as soon as she gets married, it would be like she became sort of old :( and she's only 24, she should enjoy her youth while being engaged to Sasha. He was so sweet when he said he is proud of her and that she inspires him :D And even when he had shorter hair, he had more than enough of it and I think it suits him better than the longer version ;)

Maria rocks
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Lol, am I the only one who would want her to wait a bit? Because, as soon as she gets married, it would be like she became sort of old :( and she's only 24, she should enjoy her youth while being engaged to Sasha. He was so sweet when he said he is proud of her and that she inspires him :D And even when he had shorter hair, he had more than enough of it and I think it suits him better than the longer version ;)

Im with you on the wait a bit part. She would be crazy to get wed now. She has worked so hard to get back to the top in tennis i believe she should concentrate on that for a good while first and i believe she will because she is someone with a good head on her shoulders.Also if Sasha loves her as much as he says then he won't mind waiting.

Tennisvampire
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Im with you on the wait a bit part. She would be crazy to get wed now. She has worked so hard to get back to the top in tennis i believe she should concentrate on that for a good while first and i believe she will because she is someone with a good head on her shoulders.Also if Sasha loves her as much as he says then he won't mind waiting.

I couldn't agree more :D tennis first, love life after xD just kidding, but she should definitely focus on her career right now, and knowing her and her smart decision making process, that's exactly what she is going to do :D

Maria rocks
Feb 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I couldn't agree more :D tennis first, love life after xD just kidding, but she should definitely focus on her career right now, and knowing her and her smart decision making process, that's exactly what she is going to do :D

If i could play tennis like Maria, It deffo would be tennis first and love life after. But as we said we trust she will make the right decision. :)

MM_1257
Feb 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM

You are not the only one. And I think she is smart enough, like she said, after the first excitement and so on she sat down one day and decided to go slowly. They need to get to know each other more ;)... But they are so sweet together, he is the best WAG ever IMO, loved watching his support at Wimbledon.

lefty24
Feb 6th, 2012, 09:38 PM

No I completely agree with you. I just don't think it makes any sense to get married while she's still playing.
Plus I think you really need to live with someone before getting married(and after for that matter) and that's impossible when they're both traveling all the time.
They're both still very young and have plenty of time to get married.

Cherry.
Feb 6th, 2012, 10:27 PM
he is the best WAG ever IMO*HAB :lol:

Maria rocks
Feb 7th, 2012, 09:32 AM
You are not the only one. And I think she is smart enough, like she said, after the first excitement and so on she sat down one day and decided to go slowly. They need to get to know each other more ;)... But they are so sweet together, he is the best WAG ever IMO, loved watching his support at Wimbledon.

Yeah they do seem to suit one another and it is sweet how he proper supports her in her tennis.

pdph77
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
No I completely agree with you. I just don't think it makes any sense to get married while she's still playing.
Plus I think you really need to live with someone before getting married(and after for that matter) and that's impossible when they're both traveling all the time.
They're both still very young and have plenty of time to get married.

Totally agree. live with someone before getting married.

graffite
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:49 PM
I'm a wee bit confused. Everyone and their grandma, including the commies, seems to be reporting that this is happening on Nov 10 in Istanbul but in her pressers this past week, Masha seemed to indicate nothing is set yet. :confused:

Maybe it is happening and Masha is just being elusive to avoid the gossip distracting her during the tournie?

Looks like Sasha is selling his home in Southern California. (http://www.realtor.com/blogs/2012/03/26/former-la-lakers-sasha-vujacic-rancho-palos-verdes-home-photos/)

I hope Masha still keeps her Manhattan Beach home, I would miss those gorgeous beach and California pics she posts on FB.

MM_1257
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:51 PM
:confused: :shrug: The Russian tabloid "broke" the news. Since then, nobody has confirmed it or denied it from Maria's or Aleksandar's camp, all the media is quoting the Russian tabloid and taking it for granted, so who knows... And If Aleksandar is selling his home there, where does his family live? :confused:

pdph77
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
they might just buy a house in Turkey then...who knows