PDA

View Full Version : Etta James Passes Away

the jamierbelyea
Jan 20th, 2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.spinner.com/2012/01/20/etta-james-dead-dies/

:( A legend, one of the best voices of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzibSiJv8hc

WzibSiJv8hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfNLspDL3ns

nfNLspDL3ns

Imperfect Angel
Jan 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
:eek: RIP :hug: Xtina must be very sad :oh:

pov
Jan 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Respect!

ico4498
Jan 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
_1uunRdQ61M RIP ... respek!

silverwhite
Jan 20th, 2012, 07:12 PM
:sad:

Xtina must be very sad :oh:

True, but inappropriate smiley :smash:

WTAtennisfan15
Jan 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM
OMG NO! Adele didn't get a change to duet with Etta! :sad: RIP! :sobbing:

The Dawntreader
Jan 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
OMG NO! Adele didn't get a change to duet with Etta! :sad: RIP! :sobbing:

:tape::help:

New_balls_please
Jan 20th, 2012, 09:07 PM
:sad: :sad:

3OnnDqH6Wj8&feature=player_embedded

Beat
Jan 20th, 2012, 09:29 PM
i've started listening to her music more intensely only just lately. a great artist and an amazing voice :worship:

i find it rather tasteless to post a video by flo rida in this thread :o

Beat
Jan 20th, 2012, 09:31 PM
True, but inappropriate smiley :smash:

imperfect angel is in love with that smilie and posts it as often as possible, no matter what the topic is.

New_balls_please
Jan 20th, 2012, 09:41 PM
i've started listening to her music more intensely only just lately. a great artist and an amazing voice :worship:

i find it rather tasteless to post a video by flo rida in this thread :o

Why? :rolleyes:
A lot of people, especially the young generation, got to know her thanks to Flo Rida. I don't think that it's a good thing though, but it is what it is.
I liked the song so I did some research on her, and I started to like her. She had such a powerful voice.
RIP.

Dodoboy.
Jan 20th, 2012, 10:03 PM
So many inappropriate posts :banghead:

Rest In Perfect Peace Ms Etta James! Some of the most beautiful songs ever recorded!

Pops Maellard
Jan 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
R.i.p :).

cowsonice
Jan 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM
RIP :sad:

On another note, Google News is not giving enough importance that Ms. James has passed away :( I was on Google News all afternoon and didn't notice :sobbing:

McPie
Jan 21st, 2012, 06:22 AM
:speakles:

Barrie_Dude
Jan 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
_1uunRdQ61M RIP ... respek!
Great singer, and a great song. Classic, classic stuff! This IS music at its finest

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 22nd, 2012, 01:39 AM
RIP to a legend :kiss: I bought Etta's Greatest Hits: The Capitol Years on iTunes today. Such an amazing voice :hearts:

Btw, I'm happy to see Flo Rida's smash hit ( it hit #1 in the UK ) 'Good Feeling' introduce Etta to a younger group of people. The song heavily samples Etta singing " sometimes, I get a good feeling " :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 22nd, 2012, 01:45 AM
A lot of people, especially the young generation, got to know her thanks to Flo Rida. I don't think that it's a good thing though, but it is what it is.
I liked the song so I did some research on her, and I started to like her. She had such a powerful voice.
RIP.

Absolutely! It's awesome that the Flo Rida song has introduced Etta's vocal talents to a whole new generation of young music lovers :bounce:

Calvin M.
Jan 22nd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Ms. James is gone but her great music lives on.

RIP.

If it took a rap song for someone to discover Etta James, I'm not mad about it. Cultural exposure is a positive thing.