PDA

View Full Version : Asian kid attacked by 7 others behind school, video goes viral

Valanga
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
0vT5byKivyQ

Disturbing :unsure:

ETA: Apparently some person (probably an accomplice) first videoed it and uploaded it on youtube, then netizens helped tracing the IP of the original uploader's and forwarded everything to the police (that person deleted the video but was too late). It happened in Chicago, and some attackers are, allegedly, ethnically Asian

pov
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Irrelevant to me that he's Asian. This kind of sh*t happens inter and intra-ethnicity. Bunch of little wussies ganging up on someone.

Sammo
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:40 PM
This really is disturbing.

Just Do It
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Yes, i think it's irrelevant that he is Asian, some people are already trying to make an ethnic incident out of it. Someone posted attackers names on youtube and one of them is Asian :shrug:
Fights like this happen every day, only a small number ends up online.

I hope they are kicked out of school and prosecuted.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:45 PM
How retarded do yo have to be to take part in such a vile act of violence? :help: not even that but tape it and manifest it to the whole world :o Those seven jerks are sick.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Thats disgusting, although I agree that this doesn't seem to be a racially motivated attack as 5 of his attackers seem to be Asian, but you never know till you get the details as self-hating (especially among younger people) is common.

PS: Really dumb question, but why was he being called the N-word? I have never really noticed it being used outside its racial context, at least not in the UK.

Sammo
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thats disgusting, although I agree that this doesn't seem to be a racially motivated attack as 5 of his attackers seem to be Asian, but you never know till you get the details as self-hate (especially among younger people) is common.

PS: Really dumb question, but why was he being called the N-word?

Perhaps he's Blasian :spit:

tennisbum79
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Irrelevant to me that he's Asian. This kind of sh*t happens inter and intra-ethnicity. Bunch of little wussies ganging up on someone.
I agree with you.

But the flip side of the coin is, if the victim and perpetrator were different races/ethnicities, it would be a big deal.
So mentioning that that both are the same race/ethnicity cool down potential tension.

It is not right, but that is the world we live in.

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:50 PM
The most disturbing thing is, many people witness what's happening and do fuck all. They just stand around like a bunch of muppets, or just open the blind/pull the curtain back and watch....

Years ago, if someone was running around screaming blue murder, the whole street would be out to see what's happening. Now, most people just don't give a shit....

Certinfy
Jan 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Disgusting. Wish those idiots were shot now, would be so much better in the long run.

currie84
Jan 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Yes, i think it's irrelevant that he is Asian, some people are already trying to make an ethnic incident out of it. Someone posted attackers names on youtube and one of them is Asian :shrug:
Fights like this happen every day, only a small number ends up online.

I hope they are kicked out of school and prosecuted.

Yeah.In fact a similar attack is goin on right now somewhere in the world as we're talkin.Bullying is older than the earth itself.But thanks to utube these kind of attacks make the news and suddenly everyone acts shocked and disgusted.

the jamierbelyea
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
The most disturbing thing is, many people witness what's happening and do fuck all. They just stand around like a bunch of muppets, or just open the blind/pull the curtain back and watch....

Years ago, if someone was running around screaming blue murder, the whole street would be out to see what's happening. Now, most people just don't give a shit....

In this context, with that many people attacking I think if you are there seeing it you're instinct is to protect yourself. It would be very difficult to break up the scuffle unless you have a mob of people.

This was behind an elementary school, so if people had kids with them I think they are trying to protect their children and get far away. Regardless you'd have to have a lot of people together to even attempt to break it up yourself.

Random acts of violence are the scariest to me.

Fighterpova
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I'm speechless :spit:
Seriously, how can anyone be so retarded do something like that? :help:
The poor boy was bleeding :help:

NeeemZ
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:34 PM
It's one thing to beat up a helpless person but to post it on the internet is despicable and disgusting. If anything, it also shows their absolute stupidity as someone on YouTube has already identified all of the culprits by full name so it should be easy now for authorities to go after these guys.

Dominic
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Things like that make me rage. I would gladly beat the hell out of each and everyone of them right now.. I hope they get the severest punishment possible.

LeRoy.
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
PS: Really dumb question, but why was he being called the N-word? I have never really noticed it being used outside its racial context, at least not in the UK.

Some asians try to act "white", some try to act "black" (and refer to each other by the n word). Only a small fraction of them try and be themselves. All this is based on my somewhat limited experience w/ Asian people.

JustPetko
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
So disturbing :o

Andiyan
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:41 PM
1:15 Odd choice of words.
1:49 Brutal kick. Ouch.

saul1333
Jan 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM
So sad. Shocked he took such a beating and was still able to run.

The guy holding the camera and laughing was really bad.

Novichok
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Some asians try to act "white", some try to act "black" (and refer to each other by the n word). Only a small fraction of them try and be themselves. All this is based on my somewhat limited experience w/ Asian people.

Wrong.:lol:

Mattographer
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Things like that make me rage. I would gladly beat the hell out of each and everyone of them right now.. I hope they get the severest punishment possible.
Me too.

Disgusting.

mykarma
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:31 AM
0vT5byKivyQ

Disturbing :unsure:

ETA: Apparently some person (probably an accomplice) first videoed it and uploaded it on youtube, then netizens helped tracing the IP of the original uploader's and forwarded everything to the police (that person deleted the video but was too late). It happened in Chicago, and some attackers are, allegedly, ethnically Asian
This was to horrible for me to finish watching it was making me sick to my stomach. The cruelty of some people is mind boggling. How can anyone treat another human being like that?

mykarma
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:37 AM
WTF :facepalm: Since your experience is limited perhaps you should have kept your mouth shut. Damn that's fvcked up.

gulzhan
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I don't know why I watched this :sad: I know it's politically correct to say that ethnicity did not matter here, but since I grew up in Russia and did face racism all my childhood, I can't help noticing that the two main attackers were Caucasian. And the one with camera probably too since he was the buddy of the one who showed his face boldly to the camera.

So that you understand better but not judge-- it does feel to me as these particular monster-boys are racists, they do believe their race gives them priority (apparently because nothing else does).

I hope they all will get convicted because it looked like attempted murder to me. Each of them tried to hit the boy into the head, so the aim was to cause substantial harm to his health or to cause his death.

cowsonice
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:10 AM

WTF :facepalm: Since your experience is limited perhaps you should have kept your mouth shut. Damn that's fvcked up.

LeRoy. is right even with his "limited experience." :help: I wish I can "this" your quote a million times.

If it gives me any credibility, I'm Asian and I live in a city where Asians are not the minority. You'd be surprised how many "Asian gangs" exist and how they lack a "unique" identity if you will.

Anyways, back to the video---I really can't bear to watch, but I'd most likely tear up really bad. Poor kid & sick fuckers.

Vartan
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Amy Holly Feng who recorded and posted the video:

amO_73jYF1M

Vartan
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:35 AM
:hysteric: she is saying that 20 fobs jumped the 6 kids in the first place. I don't believe her though.

PushWoz
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:46 AM

amO_73jYF1M

Dumb bitch.

Valanga
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Sorry to digress a little bit, but her "uh", "well", "like" fillers are too much :o
And I am pissed the camera holder is a girl :unsure:

this is a mess

Steven.
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM

amO_73jYF1M

:spit: she sounds like such a fucking dumbass, oh my god.

njnetswill
Jan 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
There is diversity within the Asian population people.

This kid could have been targeted for being a recent immigrant, for being of a particular ethnicity, or for a plethora of non-ethnic reasons like for being perceived as a nerd, gay, a loner, etc etc.

I hope the perpetrators get punished for this. It makes me so sad to think that this kind of violence is probably common throughout the world. The Philadelphia Inquirer did a good series on school violence within the Philadelphia School District, if anyone is interested. You get a sense of how school authorities are both complicit and overwhelmed by the level of violence.

mykarma
Jan 18th, 2012, 01:20 PM
LeRoy. is right even with his "limited experience." :help: I wish I can "this" your quote a million times.

If it gives me any credibility, I'm Asian and I live in a city where Asians are not the minority. You'd be surprised how many "Asian gangs" exist and how they lack a "unique" identity if you will.

Anyways, back to the video---I really can't bear to watch, but I'd most likely tear up really bad. Poor kid & sick fuckers.
And what does that have to do with them not being themselves? There are gangs and assholes in every culture. In addition all Asians are not the same just because they're Asians.

mykarma
Jan 18th, 2012, 01:29 PM

amO_73jYF1M
That girl is lying. If what she said was true it would have come out in the video while they were brutalizing the kid.

JN
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM

amO_73jYF1M

This ignorant bitch needs to be arrested right along with the other ones.

Kart
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM
That video is horrific.

What amazes me more is that it was filmed / uploaded by a girl. I don't know why that amazes me though - or rather I do but I can't put into words.

T_P
Jan 18th, 2012, 02:57 PM
:help: All those kicks in his head. They could have killed him like that... I'm surprised he could still walk and speak.
I hope they all get put away, including that retarded c*nt who filmed it.

Dominic
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Seriously they should be accused of attempted murder.

tennismaster8820
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hopefully they all end up on trial for attempt of murder. :o

JN
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:07 PM
$100,000 bail in beating, robbery posted on YouTube

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/photo/2012-01/92853480-18024223.jpg (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-7-teens-charged-in-beating-robbery-posted--001,0,1138106.photo) Teen charged as adult in video beating (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-7-teens-charged-in-beating-robbery-posted--001,0,1138106.photo)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/thumbnails/photo/2012-01/112682880-16195916.gif (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-boy-beaten-robbed-in-bridgeport-20120116-001,0,257134.photo) Neighborhood where boy beaten, robbed yesterday (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-boy-beaten-robbed-in-bridgeport-20120116-001,0,257134.photo)

Staff report 12:45 p.m. CST, January 18, 2012

Seven teenagers, including a 15-year-old girl, have been charged with the beating and robbery of a 17-year-old high school senior that was captured on video and posted on the Internet.

Only one of the teens, Raymond Palomino, 17, of the 3500 block of South Hoyne Avenue, was charged as an adult, with one count of robbery and one count of aggravated battery for the attack that has gone viral on YouTube (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/arts-culture/computer-networking-internet/social-media/youtube-ORCRP00000211004.topic).

Judge Israel Desierto set bail for Palomino at $100,000 over the strenuous arguments of the youth’s attorney.

The remaining teens, two 16-year-old boys, three 15-year-old boys and the girl were all cited in juvenile delinquency petitions on the same charges, police said. Their identities were not made public because they are juveniles. Police said one of the teens lives in Arlington Heights, the rest in Chicago.

Prosecutors said Palomino and the other boys convinced the girl to lure the victim into an alley, where the others were waiting to beat him.

The girl took the video that created an Internet sensation. Other teens posting comments on the video identified the attackers by name. Palomino, whose face was clearly visible in the video, was one of those identified.

The video shows the 17-year-old victim coiled on the ground in the alley, pleading in vain for the youths to stop punching and kicking him.

In the attack, which lasted for several minutes Sunday afternoon, the boy covers his face as the other youths surround him and push him into the snow while kicking and punching his head, his legs, his back.

The attackers yell that the boy had "(expletive) up."

"Hold on," the teen says as he pulls himself to his feet and tries to talk them into stopping.

But one of the attackers, wearing gray sweats, asks: "Do you (expletive) understand?" He then punches the boy in the face and knocks him to the ground, then kicks him in the face, sending the boy sprawling on the snow-covered ground.

One of the youths took shoes out of the victim's backpack, dangling one of them in front of his face in a taunt. They also took his wallet and $180 in cash, police said.

The boy was taken to Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, where he was treated for a laceration to his lip, bruises and abrasions, police said.

The boy is a senior at Curie High School on the Southwest Side, according to a Chicago Public Schools (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/education/schools/chicago-public-schools-ORGOV000081.topic) spokesman.

Even though the boy's assailants used racial epithets, in a brief statement Tuesday, police said the attack did not appear to be racially motivated.

Palomino was expected to appear before a judge later today, while the six youths were turned over to juvenile authorities for processing, police said.

(Source (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-7-teens-charged-in-beating-robbery-posted-on-youtube-20120118,0,1110792.story))

Andiyan
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
:worship:

Novichok
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Seriously they should be accused of attempted murder.

Hopefully they all end up on trial for attempt of murder. :o

That's too harsh. :shrug:

Sammo
Jan 18th, 2012, 08:34 PM
This Palomino boy is so stupid :haha:

Vincey!
Jan 18th, 2012, 10:36 PM
That was disgusting! I saw that on Tumblr earlier and that pissed me off. That's so confusing and wrong! NO reasons to do that and keep on hittin the poor kid not even defending himself.

le bon vivant
Jan 18th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Why are they calling him 'nigga'? I have so many questions.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jan 18th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Why are they calling him 'nigga'? I have so many questions.

Thats what I was asking too, and the only response I got in this thread was that 'they were pretending to be black'.

Barktra
Jan 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Only pussys jump people :mad:

cowsonice
Jan 19th, 2012, 12:07 AM

They're gonna lawyer-up and gonna walk away with a slap on the wrist. I've seen this kind of shit go down way too many times to be sympathetic.

Andiyan
Jan 19th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Thats what I was asking too, and the only response I got in this thread was that 'they were pretending to be black'.

:lol: I guess everybody's just as clueless. Maybe "nigga" just became a too commonly used word? I.e. referring to a person in general?

LeonHart
Jan 19th, 2012, 01:30 AM
:lol: I guess everybody's just as clueless. Maybe "nigga" just became a too commonly used word? I.e. referring to a person in general?

Yes...the word is used A - LOT in the USA by other ethnicities other than Blacks, but it's the black entertainment industry that glorify the word. It's heard all over the radio and supposidly "*igga" is a good word and "*igger" is a bad word, whatever I think both should be abolished.

moby
Jan 19th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Some asians try to act "white", some try to act "black" (and refer to each other by the n word). Only a small fraction of them try and be themselves. All this is based on my somewhat limited experience w/ Asian people.Maybe this says more about you and how you expect Asians to act (i.e. in a way you deem specifically Asian).

This has not been my experience at all.

LeonHart
Jan 19th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Maybe this says more about you and how you expect Asians to act (i.e. in a way you deem specifically Asian).

This has not been my experience at all.

My thinking exactly? What you expect all Asians to act like Jackie Chan? :spit:

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:08 AM

How on earth is it too harsh? Did you know that you can kill a person with one good hit to the head. He received about 30 or more by numerous men and he was bleeding. And they did not seem like they were gonna stop anytime soon, they even ran after him to beat him some more. They deserve the worst possible.

Novichok
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:13 AM
How on earth is it too harsh? Did you know that you can kill a person with one good hit to the head. He received about 30 or more by numerous men and he was bleeding. And they did not seem like they were gonna stop anytime soon, they even ran after him to beat him some more. They deserve the worst possible.

They obviously wanted to beat him but I don't believe they wanted to kill him.

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:17 AM
They obviously wanted to beat him but I don't believe they wanted to kill him.

The law doesn't care what you believe, if you do something that can potentially kill someone or seriously threaten his health, it can be (and should be) considered attempted murder.

Novichok
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:20 AM
The law doesn't care what you believe, if you do something that can potentially kill someone or seriously threaten his health, it can be (and should be) considered attempted murder.

And it also doesn't care what you believe. :rolleyes: In order to convict someone of attempted murder, there must be some proof that there was intent to murder that guy. Not just that the injuries could lead to death.

SwingVolley93
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:27 AM
And it also doesn't care what you believe. :rolleyes: In order to convict someone of attempted murder, there must be some proof that there was intent to murder that guy. Not just that the injuries could lead to death.

You're honestly such an idiot. :facepalm:
Everything that you post is complete bullshit.

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:28 AM

Ok so in your small head, murder is only with a gun!? I'm guessin'? What else do you need, 6 guys beating on a helpless guy, giving him a million vicious kicks to the head non stop for like 6 minutes until he managed to run away... Isn't that enough :rolleyes:

Novichok
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:33 AM

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you. :)

Ok so in your small head, murder is only with a gun!? I'm guessin'? What else do you need, 6 guys beating on a helpless guy, giving him a million vicious kicks to the head non stop for like 6 minutes until he managed to run away... Isn't that enough :rolleyes:

Nope. Murder is just unlawful killing. Attempted murder is a failed attempt at unlawful killing. To attempt something necessarily implies that there is an intention to do that something. To attempt to murder someone implies that there is an intent to murder. In order to show that something is attempted murder, one must show that there was intent to murder.

le bon vivant
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Everything that you post is complete bullshit.No you're the idiot. Can you differentiate between manslaughter, attempted murder, and Murder in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree? Intent is very important in substantiating a criminal case for murder (attempted or otherwise) in the United States.

Stop hanging off of GoDokic's left testicle. :lol: Its pathetic.

ampers&
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Have either of you ever studied basic criminal law? If so, you would know that Novichok's comments can be substantiated. He's right...this isn't a case of attempted murder and trying to charge them as such would be excessive. It just looks like they wanted to beat the shit of him. Appallingly cowardly and disgusting? You betcha. But not attempted murder.

SN: I'm also shocked the person recording is female and bothered (but not surprised) by the excessive use of nigga.

cowsonice
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Seriously, considering how they're minors and if they're tried, I can see attempted manslaughter (or something along those lines...) as being the worst charge and battery and assault as the most likely one. If they get good lawyers and they appeal to how these kids don't know any better/that these punishments will ruin the rest of their lives, blahblah, they can walk off EASY :rolleyes:

Plus that Holly Feng's testimonial can easily help the defense team no matter how stupid it is

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Nope. Murder is just unlawful killing. Attempted murder is a failed attempt at unlawful killing. To attempt something necessarily implies that there is an intention to do that something.

Why do you think there can't be a point that they were trying to kill him? do you need a gun? Knife? Chainsaw? Bomb? They were beating the crap out of him directly aiming at his head for several minutes, even when he was bleeding and 100% helpless and defenseless on the ground, and they would not have stopped had he not ran away, they even went after him and wanted to continue.

esquímaux
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Dang... that's just wrong... :sad: People can be so detestable :o

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:40 AM
wow like an idiot I watched it again :sobbing:

plantman
Jan 19th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Seriously, considering how they're minors and if they're tried, I can see attempted manslaughter (or something along those lines...) as being the worst charge and battery and assault as the most likely one. If they get good lawyers and they appeal to how these kids don't know any better/that these punishments will ruin the rest of their lives, blahblah, they can walk off EASY :rolleyes:

Plus that Holly Feng's testimonial can easily help the defense team no matter how stupid it is

Who's going to buy the argument that they didn't know any better? Seriously!!!

SwingVolley93
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:30 AM
No you're the idiot. Can you differentiate between manslaughter, attempted murder, and Murder in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree? Intent is very important in substantiating a criminal case for murder (attempted or otherwise) in the United States.

Stop hanging off of GoDokic's left testicle. :lol: Its pathetic.

Good thing I hate GoDokic. Dumbass :rolleyes:
Oh so now you're a lawyer? I doubt it, so find a chair. :wavey:

Novichok
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Good thing I hate GoDokic. Dumbass :rolleyes:
Oh so now you're a lawyer? I doubt it, so find a chair. :wavey:

Are you? :confused:

Novichok
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Why do you think there can't be a point that they were trying to kill him? do you need a gun? Knife? Chainsaw? Bomb? They were beating the crap out of him directly aiming at his head for several minutes, even when he was bleeding and 100% helpless and defenseless on the ground, and they would not have stopped had he not ran away, they even went after him and wanted to continue.

None of that indicates intention of murder.

ranfurly
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:41 AM
iG3dPnD1SGo

He'll be fine, in the near future, he will have these lassie's guarding his honour

cowsonice
Jan 19th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Who's going to buy the argument that they didn't know any better? Seriously!!!

Uh, they were provoked (going by that Holly Feng video, any evidence can be used in court), they're young, they belong in a "gang," ergo they were incredibly misguided and lacked sound judgment.

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 06:11 AM
None of that indicates intention of murder.

One of the guy even said I'm gonna kill you at some point :lol:
Anyway, tell me what to you indicates intention of murder?

moby
Jan 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM

amO_73jYF1M

What an incoherent mess, I can't. The entire content of the video can be expressed in a 15 second video, and much more clearly.

Dominic
Jan 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Good thing I hate GoDokic

Gee get over it sweetheart :lol: For the love of god I even said I'm sorry!

Betten
Jan 19th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Sadly, these kind of beatings aren't all that uncommon.

esquímaux
Jan 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
iG3dPnD1SGo

He'll be fine, in the near future, he will have these lassie's guarding his honour

Wow. Those ladies are looking SHARP :D

JN
Jan 19th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Uh, they were provoked (going by that Holly Feng video, any evidence can be used in court), they're young, they belong in a "gang," ergo they were incredibly misguided and lacked sound judgment.

You just described plantman, except for the young part. His gang is the teabagger party.

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 19th, 2012, 07:02 PM
In this context, with that many people attacking I think if you are there seeing it you're instinct is to protect yourself. It would be very difficult to break up the scuffle unless you have a mob of people.

This was behind an elementary school, so if people had kids with them I think they are trying to protect their children and get far away. Regardless you'd have to have a lot of people together to even attempt to break it up yourself.

Random acts of violence are the scariest to me.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. At first I thought it was a gang-annination thing that somebody put online. Then...I was waiting for Kick-Ass or Hit-Girl to jump out from somewhere....

Just today...nobody wants to know, until it's them.

Years ago, where I lived. One of the local gangs used to tie members to a lamp post, then preceded to kick the livin' shit out of them...until a resident would come out and try and stop them. Most of the times, it was stopped pretty quickly, but now....you'd be lucky if anyone did squat...