PDA

View Full Version : I went to give blood today!

Monica_Rules
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:17 PM
There was a place to give blood in the town where i co to school so about 30 people decided to go.(you have to be 17 so at max about 70 could go)most peoples excuse was it will make me squimish!:rolleyes:

Anyway i go and i was talking to the nurse and she asked did i have any medical conditions and i said i had a heart murmur which i have to have antibiotics for if i need to get a tooth pulled out or something like that.I was then told i couldn't give blood:sad: ever!It was to protect me.

Before you ask a heart murmur is the valves in my heart are a bit leaky and let through blood back when they shouldn't.Its nothing serious to my knowledge it hasn't efected me since i was about 6.The only thing i have had within the last 6 years is in P.E i was sick after running long distance.

niratti
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:15 PM
you make me speechless!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Monica_Rules
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Why?

veryborednow
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:33 PM
aw. Well done for going along Perve, I went but chickened out. So maybe next time.

Plus, I threw up after running 1200 meters. And am worried.

Frau Antje
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:55 PM
I go every 4 or 5 month. It's just normal to do it. And everybody who is able to do it should make it

niratti
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:00 PM
I mean, you have a BIG heart for intending to give blood, unfortunately your heart condition doesn't allow you to do so.
but i'm glad to hear you don't have any serious problem.

My partner's niece had a heart operation at the age of about 5 month!! :eek: anyway the operation went well, she's fine now and she's 9 months old :) we're very happy to see she's healthy.