PDA

View Full Version : Madonna’s ‘MDNA’: Anti-Drug Group Not Ecstatic Over Album Title

pov
Jan 15th, 2012, 05:09 PM
http://idolator.com/6139592/madonnas-mdna-anti-drug-group-not-ecstatic-over-album-title
Madonna’s ‘MDNA’: Anti-Drug Group Not Ecstatic Over Album Title

What’s in a name? (Or, in this case, an album title?) When Madonna announced on a soon-to-be-aired episode of The Graham Norton Show that her upcoming LP is called MDNA, the first thought that came to our mind was drugs — in particular: ecstasy (known scientifically as methylenedioxymethamphetamine, or MDMA). Apparently we weren’t the only ones, as Lucy Dawe of the UK-based anti-drug charity Cannabis Skunk Sense has blasted Madonna’s choice of title was “an ill advised decision”. We’re guessing Lucy’s not a big fan of Ke$ha or Rihanna’s artistic endeavors, either? [NME]

pov
Jan 15th, 2012, 05:20 PM
The first thing I thought of was Madonna DNA. As I state often people generally see what they're minds are focused on.

Alizé Molik
Jan 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM
who but a chemist or someone like that woman that works in with drugs would understand it that way? I had no idea that MDMA was short for the scientific name for ecstacy.

I love that with the permissiveness in the music scene today, Madonna can still manage to cause drama.

Vartan
Jan 16th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I thought it was MaDoNA.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 16th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Who cares? Oversensitive much :weirdo:

pov
Jan 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I thought it was MaDoNA.
It is. :) I didn't think of that at first though.

Beat
Jan 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM
who but a chemist or someone like that woman that works in with drugs would understand it that way? I had no idea that MDMA was short for the scientific name for ecstacy.

i did and i'm neither a chemist nor an ecstasy user nor a member of of any anti-drug group.