PDA

View Full Version : So anyone going on a cruise this year?

Sam L
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:15 AM
I'm not. :scared: It's the centennial anniversary of Titanic and look what just happened.

Seventy people remain unaccounted for after a cruise ship ran aground off the Italian coast, but two Australians feared missing have made contact with their families.

http://images.smh.com.au/2012/01/15/2893957/art_ship1-420x0.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/world/aussies-safe-but-dozens-of-ship-passengers-missing-20120115-1q106.html

Hope they are safe. :eek:

Nicolás89
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:32 AM
If I had money I would go on one tomorrow. :tape:

I heard a few people died, 2 italians and a peruvian I think. :sad:

Helen Lawson
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Cruises are great!! I'm doing Queen Mary 2 from Southamption to New York right before the Olympics, and then Alaska for a week in September. I'm not scared after the accident in Italy.

Mynarco
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:51 AM
That's scary :unsure:

ranfurly
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Shit, that's listing like a Mother Trucker!

AjdeNate!
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:54 AM
They just found 2 people still on the damn ship!! Alive!!

tennislover
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
:scared:

tennislover
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Here is a gallery of the ship interiors before the tragedy

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2012/01/14/foto/costa_concordia_com_era-28105223/1/?ref=FRAG-3

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM
With that steering it had to be a woman Captain..come'on...gotta be

Wiggly
Jan 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Cruise ships are quite dangerous.

It's not that hard to fall overboard and it's really, really easy to get everyone sick if a virus strikes.
Plus you do feel the waves, a lot.

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I was reading a article the other day at work. It was highlighting how many people disappear whilst on board cruise liners....it was quite scary how many hadn't even been investigated....

TheHangover
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
yes now they will be safer than before and they will drive them far from islands and rocks

plantman
Jan 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Cruises are great!! I'm doing Queen Mary 2 from Southamption to New York right before the Olympics, and then Alaska for a week in September. I'm not scared after the accident in Italy.

I enjoy cruising as well. My favorite being one that had us leaving Miami for Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. We, (my partner & I) heard so many good things about the cayes a short flight from Belize, that we took another trip to check them out. I highly recommend a visit to Caye Caulker & San Pedro.

So you're headed my way in September....How about meeting for a drink?

I'm also checking in to one that visits St.Thomas, Roseau, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten around Sep., or October.

Helen Lawson
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I enjoy cruising as well. My favorite being one that had us leaving Miami for Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. We, (my partner & I) heard so many good things about the cayes a short flight from Belize, that we took another trip to check them out. I highly recommend a visit to Caye Caulker & San Pedro.

So you're headed my way in September....How about meeting for a drink?

I'm also checking in to one that visits St.Thomas, Roseau, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten around Sep., or October.

Sure, I'd love to meet while in Alaska, it will be my second cruise there, I love it.

I've never been to Belize, how was it?

FORZA SARITA
Jan 16th, 2012, 08:10 PM
number is up to 7 :sad:

esquímaux
Jan 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM
*DEAD* @ asking us if we're going on a cruise and then slapping up a picture of a ship that's damn-near belly up.

:tape:

I agree with Wiggly. Sicknesses spread like wildfire on cruises. Last cruise I went on, I got some kinds of 48 hour bug that left me in shambles :lol: It was like a West Nile/H1N1/Bubonic hell. Anyway, to answer the original question, I will go on a cruise in the near future. I have plenty of money set aside, just need to take the time off from work :)

Sally Struthers
Jan 16th, 2012, 08:38 PM

Alaska is fantastic! Try to schedule a trip into Denali by train if you can as part of the cruise deal. It's totally worth it.

plantman
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Sure, I'd love to meet while in Alaska, it will be my second cruise there, I love it.

I've never been to Belize, how was it?

I'll look forward to it then!

I didn't care for Belize city, however the cayes were fantastic. We took a boat trip up the New River to Lamanai to take in the picturesque mayan ruins. Breathtaking!! Of the cayes, San Pedro was by far my favorite. So laid back. Our mode of transportation for the week we vactioned there was a golf cart. A popular choice for tourists as well as the locals. While there one must not pass up playing in the famous 'Chicken Drop' contest. It's a game that some refer to as the poor man's version of roulette. It involves a board with numbers and a chicken. Where the chicken's 1st drop lands determines the winner. :lol: Drank way to much that night!!!

RenaSlam.
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:09 AM

You should be, Helen.

Wiggly
Jan 17th, 2012, 01:09 AM
*DEAD* @ asking us if we're going on a cruise and then slapping up a picture of a ship that's damn-near belly up.

I agree with Wiggly. Sicknesses spread like wildfire on cruises. Last cruise I went on, I got some kinds of 48 hour bug that left me in shambles :lol: It was like a West Nile/H1N1/Bubonic hell. Anyway, to answer the original question, I will go on a cruise in the near future. I have plenty of money set aside, just need to take the time off from work :)

The only cruise I went on was only a few passengers away from entering a total lockdown as no country would've allowed us to go onshore.

tennislover
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:34 PM
update of casualties: 11 people dead + 24 people not found
:sad::sad::sad:

Super Dave
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Terra firma for me. The firma the betta.

tennislover
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Terra firma for me. The firma the betta.

wise words

TheHangover
Jan 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
is that possible that world wide media have no other topic!? i saw that ship on the first pages of all the news web sites i can think of

Helen Lawson
Jan 17th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I don't know why I should be scared, more people die in car wrecks and plane crashes that on a large cruise ship. Cunard and Celebrity are good lines.

Sally Struthers
Jan 17th, 2012, 11:46 PM
You shouldn't be. If the boat sinks and you all die, the boat sinks and you all die. It's a vacation! Who needs to worry about such things? :shrug: Can't live in fear or you'll do nothing. :bounce:

Mary Cherry.
Jan 18th, 2012, 01:25 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/498075180.jpg?Expires=1326853596&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=iD7Vwt7qnkPt-ZojO9gQhLMUz2MC7L~dXGGHJZ1yVzIYhCrGSRkdSJASmjU2sPP j8L8lQcgCoeCprPBLDnhDcp1Z6d15fXbsQG5h1urTbgLo2NnJM HfObqQje7e1b6DMt6eB0YPC4-A6gY6r6oMIp9Atq3VCa7aV1GTSKlfJVbU_

Kart
Jan 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I've always wanted to go on a cruise. I keep telling myself though that I'm too young and I should save these things for when I'm over fifty.

That said, I also like the idea of meeting rich old(er) people and seducing them for benefits generally and a cruise would be prime hunting ground.

Southampton is not far from me Helen so give me a report on the prospects when you've done the trip. I need some recon before I part with my cash to get a ticket on the likeliness of a decent yield.

I'm willing to cut you in.

Helen Lawson
Jan 18th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hey, hon! I've done the Queen Mary 2 before, well-heeled and 60-plus, and pluuuss, into the 90s even. Very well-healed. I was only hanging out with the fags, and there were some singles, but not too many. Some were filthy rich. Not sure about the laydees. There were more singles on my Celebrity cruise (Constellation), the ship is largely in the Mediterranean, in the Baltic during Spring, Summer, and Fall. I think either is good hunting ground.

I'm glad my skills are appreciated and that I can lend a helping hand!

Kart
Jan 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Sounds good Helen, I'll look them up.

I'm thinking I should go for a filthy rich 90 year old because they'll most likely be more visually impaired and I won't have to make too much effort.

I reckon a woman rather than a man though I'm flexible. I'm trying to avoid having to put out unless I'm guaranteed a bonus - you know how randy old men can get.

Helen Lawson
Jan 19th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Yes, even the 90 plus set still have wandering hands and can be spry when they need to be.

Sally Struthers
Jan 19th, 2012, 12:49 AM
oh Kart, you're a gold digger! A man after my own heart :hearts:

Kart
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Sal you ought to be careful - with your stocks and bonds putting you in such a good position, some young man may try to fleece you the next time you're on a cruise.

Not me obviously as by the time you're hitting 90 so will I !

Kuilli
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Sally is definitely too young for you, Kart. :lol: Otherwise, she would be in danger for sure. ;)

90 yo might bit too old. Go for 70-75. :lol:

Sally Struthers
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'm thinking Kart and I are about the same age actually :p I need a sugar daddy like Kart, but I understand that physicians in the UK aren't compensated as well as they are here, so being with Kart might be considered slumming. ;)

Kuilli
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
You might be. I do know how old Kart is, don't know about you. :lol: But Kart was looking for someone lot older. ;)

You'll just have to wait for Kart and his buddy to open up that private cosmetic surgery practice. So little patience and he might be just the sugar daddy you need. :lol:

Kart
Jan 20th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Sal and I are the same age but going out with me wouldn't be slumming it :mad:.

90 isn't too old by the way. I'm not sure I made it clear enough but the point is not for me to seduce old people - if I wanted that I'd just nip down to the local old people's home. I want to inherit in as short a time as possible.

Preferably by the time the boat docks so I can spend it.

Helen Lawson
Jan 20th, 2012, 12:58 AM
The week before the cruise leaves, a bunch of rich fags are staying at the Rubens in London, myself included, and most are really old and filthy rich. Some will be single. Maybe you can hit the jackpot before the cruise even leaves! I can introduce you around, I only want 15% of the take.

Kart
Jan 20th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Deal.

I'll give you 20% if I've sealed the deal before the boat reaches New York.