PDA

View Full Version : What does Pam Shriver have against Martina Hingis?

Serendy Willick
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:59 PM
I'm not even a Martina fan, but even I notice that Pam cracks on her constantly. Is there some bad blood between them?

griffin
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Hingis keeps breathing her air?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Pam is or has been Venus' mentor
so its part of her job not to like her just like Evert always goes against Venus as she was Hingis' mentor ;)

Chance
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Hingis was kinda rude to her, can't remember the exact quote
It seems Pam hasn't forgotton. Now you're probably wondering what the exact quote is , maybe a Hingis fan can help because I read it on this board

anton
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:51 PM
What does Martina Hingis have against (fill in the blank)? They both make statements and say what is on their minds. I think it is mostly in fun. At least I laugh at it and don't take it seriously. Like Hingis saying certain players got contracts because they are Black. :rolleyes:

Is that why Zina Garrison went 10-15 years with no sponsor?

tennisfan1972
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:54 PM
lol

PamShriver
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Alright! Time to clear this up, though I'm warning everyone right now. Pammy's in her cups at the moment. Pammy loves herself some booze during the offseason (after my disaster in the Pimm's booth at Newport in '85 which led to the nightmare that was the Tina Turner concert later on that evening, I remain sober during the season, which leaves me a month and a half to get completely 'faced whenever and wherever I can). Anyway, be quiet George is sleeping and I don't feel like changing his diaper just yet! sHHH!!

I have nothing against Martina Hingis. She's a gem of a broad. But one time in the locker room of Indian Wells she accused me of checking her out!!! Well, that is a laugh riot, Pammy checking out a dame? MAMA don't think so!!! PAMMY ONLY LIKES TESTOSTERONE!!! As I once said to a former doubles partner, "Listen Martina, I don't think were eating out of the same bowl! Comprendez-Vous? Dick Van LESBIAN if you know what I mean and I think that you do!!!" Anyhoo, Hingis kept insisting that I was checking out the goods. UH UH!!! Maybe I was checking out how she got her bikini wax done, I'm always looking for new ways to wax "the girl" (it's like my own personal bonzai tree!!!) and I noticed that she had waxed hers in the shape of the Yonex stencil that you see on her raquet. BUT That was all, I was not looking because I wondered what it would be like to take a milk bath with her or because I fantasized about the two of us riding a palamino in the nude. NO WAY!!!

And just because I asked her if she enjoyed hot-tubbing and mulled wine doesn't mean a thing, a lot of STRAIGHT DUDE LOVIN GALS I KNOW LOVE TO HOT TUB TOGETHER WHILE RUBBING JERGEN"S COLLAGEN LOTION ALL OVER EACH OTHER'S SOFT SUPPLE MOIST LIMBS!!! It happens all the time.

So really, I don't have a problem with Hingis, the dame has a problem with me. And as I've said to her before, if she ever wants to "step outside" I will be more than willing to wrestle her nude in a vat honeysuckle.

Ahem...I have to go take a shower now.

tenn_ace
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:51 PM
big lol@PamShriver :D

you're still the b*tch... you know that, right?:p ;)

rhz
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:10 PM
LOL @PamShriver, you can always make me laugh

Venus Forever
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:10 PM
I just think that Pam thinks that maybe Hingis doesn't have chance to get back to the top, and she's just saying that she is over with. Pam probably thinks that Martina's game can't survive in this day and age.

Just my take.

Monica@53
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHA...... that was f*cking hilarious! :D

le-plus-beau
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah! Pam you are awesome!

Martina is a little baby and has a lot to learn in life yet!

she earned 30million dollars but money can't buy experience!

tribute to

le-plus-beau
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:15 PM
pam shriver!

Keith
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:19 PM
PAMMY! I love your posts!!!!

Fuji
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Once Pam Shiver told Martina Hingis that her highst ranking was No.3 and then-bratty Hingis acted in disbelief" Really? you were No3 in the world"?. Pam Shiver got really insulted.

Hope this little story gives another explanation.

Venus Forever
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Hmmm...that sounds like something Hingis would say.:(

darren cahill
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Fuji is absoutley correct. thats exactly what Hingis said, it was LIVE ON THE AIR too. i think maybe the aussie open?

PamShriver, another classic post. How can you only have 200 posts? You should be FORCED to post all day long....you are that funny....

Jennyfan! :hearts:

Messenger
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Could Hingis have been joking? I'm sure she would have known that Shriver was able to reach GS finals.

barmaid
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Caesar's Messenger
Could Hingis have been joking? I'm sure she would have known that Shriver was able to reach GS finals.

I think this happened when Martina was a teenager..and I really don't think she gave any credit to Pam's singles record...and like she has done in the past...."Blurted out her surprise, just an innocent remark really but we all know Martina did suffer from naivete"!:rolleyes: :lick:

barmaid:wavey:

Messenger
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:19 AM
I see. Did this happen during an interview between them at the 97 or 98 AO? I think I would remember if it was later than that.

treufreund
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Well Pam did say that she and Martina have had talks with each other when martina was feeling down and that Martina actually approached her and was very appreciative. She did get a cold reception from Melanie Molitor though.

Volcana
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:38 AM
In other words, Martina said 'Pam who?' and Pam replied 'Martina who?'.

tennischick
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:49 AM
i remember that moment. it was like Pam Shriver was fishing for a compliment and Hingis either refused to give it her or genuinely was shocked at the discovery. it was hard to tell. either way poor Pam ended up looking quite lame bec her begging was so blatant. it was like she was sucking up to Hingis. no pun intended. this revisionist reaction to Hingis is quite interesting!

in any event the poster Pam Shriver is hilarious. more! more! :D

treufreund
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Martina=tennis

Pam=cooking spray

-Sonic-
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:18 PM
"Once Pam Shiver told Martina Hingis that her highst ranking was No.3 and then-bratty Hingis acted in disbelief" Really? you were No3 in the world"?. Pam Shiver got really insulted."

Even if martina did say that, its no excuse for pam to be a complete beyatch all her life.

I guess that little bit of power she has in the commentary box goes to her head.

Messenger
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by tennischick
i remember that moment. it was like Pam Shriver was fishing for a compliment and Hingis either refused to give it her or genuinely was shocked at the discovery. it was hard to tell. either way poor Pam ended up looking quite lame bec her begging was so blatant. it was like she was sucking up to Hingis. no pun intended. this revisionist reaction to Hingis is quite interesting!

in any event the poster Pam Shriver is hilarious. more! more! :D

Don't you know? It IS the real Pam Shriver. We're very lucky to have her here. Otherwise we wouldn't know so many interesting and disturbing facts about the tour!

Alley
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:50 PM
What a way for Hingis to diss Pam on TV. No wonder Pam takes her shots at that little skank.

Helen Lawson
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:14 PM
I really miss the old Hingis. That comment she made to Pam Shriver was *CLASSIC* and only someone like Hingis can get away with it. I bet Venus could crack that comment to Pam also and it would be funny, but Venus watches her mouth more than Martina used to, WHICH IS TOO BAD!

rioak1
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:23 PM
oh pam,you are so damn funny,i love it.

selesrules
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:45 PM
"Once Pam Shiver told Martina Hingis that her highst ranking was No.3 and then-bratty Hingis acted in disbelief" Really? you were No3 in the world"?. Pam Shiver got really insulted."

I would have said the same thing. Few people would remember Pam Shriver in singles if she didn't become a commentator.

hingis-seles
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Really? Pam Shriver was No.3 in the world?

;)

hingis-seles
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Caesar's Messenger, that isn't the REAL Pam Shriver! Why would she post here? :p :rolleyes:

Martina was so amazing. I hope she gets that attitude back. it's what took her to the top.

barmaid
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by treufreund
Martina=tennis

Pam=cooking spray

TREU - "Right On"!!!:lick: :) :drool:

barmaid:wavey:

Pamela Shriver
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:32 PM
I have nothing against Marti *cough*
In fact she happens to have the same name of a wonderful player who you probably haven't heard of and who I carried in dubs.

Maybe Marti once laughed at my giraffe looks

JenCpLvr
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Well, I guess you could say, "What does she have against everyone???" She is the biggest trash talking commentator.. I used to like her with Mary Jo, but now I am so sick of her comments I barely stand to watch a match that she is commentating.... I'm sure some of you remember when she was dogging out Jelena earlier in the year in a match verses Hantuchova.... All you heard was "Jelena reached her peak LAST year" .. "I don't like her style of play".. blah blah.. Well, Pam... for the record.. She's already had a more successful career that you ever did in singles.. and she's how old?!!?! My point exactly....

UNLESS, OF COURSE, YOU ARE SERENA WILLIAMS....

Then all you'll hear is what nice style she has and what a great champion she is... ehhh blach blach...

I wish Serena would just give the chick some and maybe she's shut up!!!

Consistency
Nov 16th, 2002, 03:13 AM
I personally feel that Pam "the Mouth" Shriver just doesn't like Martina period. It's true that she's blunt and rude about other players too, but I think there's something about Marti that brings out the uber bitch.

Maybe it was the politically incorrect remarks MH made about Amelie in 1999. Since then, when Mouthy has commentated during one of Hingis's matches, I've noticed a more derisive though subtle, negative attitude that sometimes seems personal.