PDA

View Full Version : Williams dominance

Gowza
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:31 AM
who thinks the Williams will continue to dominate next year above everyone else?

will there be another all williams final at the Oz open in 2003?

if any, who will step up to challenge the williams sisters?

i think the williams will continue dominance over the tour but i don't think they will be quite as consistent as this year.

i don't think there will be an all williams final at the AO. i see it more of a capriati tournament but i would like to see an all williams final to prove that their dominance is not so short lived (a 4th straight all williams grand slam final would prove this).

i think capriati, clijsters, hantuchova and dokic will get closer to the williams' level than anyone else and petrova has the ability if she gets her game together.

calabar
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Obviously, their health will always be a big factor, but that's true for all athletes. IF, both Williamses are healthy it will be a continuation of this year, meaning total domination. They are simply that good.

Calabar

Janet
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:02 PM
I agree with you calabar!! in everything you said about the Williams for next year if their health is in very good condiction we will see an all williams finals!! so for me I hope they will be in good form.........................

tennisfan1972
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:03 PM
I think Venus will improve her service and forehand and try to win some titles.. Things with those two seem to go in cycles. First serea wins US open 1999, Venus gets jealous of th eshiny trophy on serena's side of the rooms, She goes out hits 1,000,000 forehands, gets tendonitis, is out on injury leave, heals and comes back towreak havoc on the tour and serena for two years in a row. Serena realises after WTC bombing that she only has 1 slam and the world could end with her only owning one slam, comes back wreaks havoc on the tour and send s a message to Venus that her spotat number is not a certainty and they the house has plenty of room for her own hardware. in 2003, venus will seek to extablish her superiority on Serena as well as the others on tour. gets revenge on Serena after her Shoe and clothing deal are sealed and her financial future set. Venus comes back and designs all the players lounges using her V star company and announces that her company will now sponsor the tour and sh echanges the name to the VWTA. Serena gets jealous and mid year after losing her french open crown to venus, decides she wants to own a record labeland movie company, tries to buy VWTA from Venus. etc etc etc etc etc.....lol

"Topaz"
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Keep going, tennisfan1972, it sounds good thus far! :)

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by tennisfan1972
I think Venus will improve her service and forehand and try to win some titles.. Things with those two seem to go in cycles. First serea wins US open 1999, Venus gets jealous of th eshiny trophy on serena's side of the rooms, She goes out hits 1,000,000 forehands, gets tendonitis, is out on injury leave, heals and comes back towreak havoc on the tour and serena for two years in a row. Serena realises after WTC bombing that she only has 1 slam and the world could end with her only owning one slam, comes back wreaks havoc on the tour and send s a message to Venus that her spotat number is not a certainty and they the house has plenty of room for her own hardware. in 2003, venus will seek to extablish her superiority on Serena as well as the others on tour. gets revenge on Serena after her Shoe and clothing deal are sealed and her financial future set. Venus comes back and designs all the players lounges using her V star company and announces that her company will now sponsor the tour and sh echanges the name to the VWTA. Serena gets jealous and mid year after losing her french open crown to venus, decides she wants to own a record labeland movie company, tries to buy VWTA from Venus. etc etc etc etc etc.....lol

ROTFLMFAO...and the VWTA banishes Cappy to tier 4s only and allows Anna K to play in panties and bra only...:bounce:

PhoenixStorm
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Both want that aussie open title from jennifer. Neither have won it, serena only needs it to complete her grand slam career set that NOONE currently playing has done. NO ONE, which means she will be leagues ahead of venus, martina, lindsay, jenn and even monica since monica never won wimbledon.

Legends
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:12 PM
ROTFLMAO@tennisfan1972

tennisfan1972
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:33 PM
HEY FREETHINKER AND GUYS!! I CANT WAIT FOR 2003. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE WOMEN OF THE TOUR! IM SO PROUD OF KIM AND SERENA FOR MAKING THE FINALS! KEEP IT UP. ALSO CONGRATS TO VENUS AND JEN FOR MAKING SEMIS!

yoyo
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:19 PM
I would like to see Serena (my second favorite)winning the AO, completing her SLAM and let my first favorite (I love VENUS very much, there is something about her.. I can't explain, maybe the intelligence ?) win some more slams, especially the FO.

Out of context : I just saw a picture of Serena in a SISTER SISTER magazine. There is such a handsome actor/model named Boris Kodjoe reported as her best friend. he used to be a professional tennis player until he hurts himself (back injury) at 18 years old. The guy looks HOTTTT ! Oh GOSH, There are so many good looking black man out there, I can't wait for my son to be such a hotty !

selesrules
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:32 PM
who thinks the Williams will continue to dominate next year above everyone else?

In my opinion they won't. In fact I think that they won't win any of the slams although Serena might reach a final or two.

will there be another all williams final at the Oz open in 2003?

No, although Serena might reach the final but won't win.

if any, who will step up to challenge the williams sisters?

Many players especially Kim Clijsters and Amelie Mauresmo.

Becool
Nov 15th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Hantuchova won't reach at the Williams' level.. Only in 3 or 4 years

vs1
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:09 PM
I think that they will continue their domination if they want to. It depends on their desire and will. If they want to, then there really are no challengers.

Kim, Amelie, Monica, Lindsay can all give them a hard time, but if they encounter healthy Sisters, then the odds are against those four.

But who knows?! Let's hope for a fresh and healthy year for all the players and have an exciting year. I'm looking forward to see who will breakthrough this next year. I'm betting Bovina and Safina have great years! I hope so!

Sophie
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Yes, but not to the extent of this year. I don't think we will see 3 all Williams finals, but I would not be at all surprised to see a Williams in every GS final. I expect Venus and Serena to win at least one each.

Hope Clijsters wins one as well.