PDA

View Full Version : Lucie Motivated for Melbourne Masterpiece

Davodus
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM
who likes my awesome title :p

Since the draw is out, and Lucie will play Monday, and the OOP is out tomorrow, I decided I would make the thread :lol: (if someone else wanted to, you can do RG :p)

So Lucie plays McHale in round 1, Q or Erakovic round 2, Jankovic round 3 and Wozniacki round 4...but that's looking ahead.

McHale is an ok first round draw, a lot of her big wins and good runs came only in the US, she hasn't done much outside the US yet. But she is young and definitely dangerous, and Lucie will need to play well for the win. I'm hopeful of another 3rd round, but we'll see.

Remix13
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM
You finally made the thread :lol:

Lucie has a good draw I would say. Hopefully she won't waste it. Let's go :cheer:

Davodus
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Well I didnt wanna make it if someone else did :lol: but i gave them a day so I decided it was time to have one.

I think it's definitely a better draw than it couldve been, I just hope she plays well and wins matches that she should win

jasonbloom
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM
The draw is easier than expected. I would be happy if she make to R3 but I always expect more of her. This is another good chance in GS after RG2010 and US2011 since she always do better in AO and she is in good form. let's see what she perform :D

lauraa00
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Kick some ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Davodus
Jan 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
3rd Match on Monday, court 19 after 2 mens matches...I'll be waiting around for ages for it :lol:

Robert-KimClijst
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Well done with the alliteration. :lol:

Wert.
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Nice title.
This draw isnt bad,if she plays well,she can reach 4th round with no problems.Only in that case she would actually gain some points.and no choking this time please. :)

Davodus
Jan 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Well done with the alliteration. :lol:

Nice title.

:oh: thanks

Davodus
Jan 15th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Doubles with Sorana again! I love watching them together :lol: but they got 9th seeds Grandin/Uhlirova...but imo it's winnable.

jasonbloom
Jan 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu:help::help:

lauraa00
Jan 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Doubles with Sorana again! I love watching them together :lol: but they got 9th seeds Grandin/Uhlirova...but imo it's winnable.

I like when she played with wozniak, they were fun to watch together :)
Wonder why she doesn't play with krajicek ?

HowardH
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I like the title too.

Sorana and Lucie together= lots of big hitting, not a lot of thinking. Could be great, could be an errorfest. Fun to see though. Grandin and Uhlirova are pretty much the opposite. They are weaker singles players (Grandin is a little out of shape) but they use their heads to play good doubles. Both teams will have lefty-righty combinations.

I know nothing about Mchale's game, is she a big server, a big hitter, a ball pusher or something like Niculescu:help::help:

Not like Niculescu, thank goodness.

It's quite hard to define her game. She doesn't hit the ball really big, and some people have described her as a pusher but I don't think that's quite right. She has a better serve than you would expect from her. She's not that big but she gets reasonable pop on it and places it quite well. No doubt Lucie will help her serve to look even better than normal.

Off the ground she hits quite solidly but not huge. Sometimes she gets tight and starts pushing it, but at other times she hits through the ball pretty well, especially with the forehand. I think she's more of a thinking player than anything. Nothing like Lucie.

To get some idea, you can see highlights of one of Christina's best matches (the win over Caro) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN-fEb88sE4

Lucie should be able to target her weaker bh side, but then you never really know what Lucie will come up with.

jasonbloom
Jan 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM
A little bit windy day, hope she can handle it better after Sydney.

Edinboro
Jan 16th, 2012, 04:30 AM
She's getting ready for her first round now!

jasonbloom
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:06 AM
She lost the first set 6-2

Martian Jeza
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:07 AM
:facepalm: against such shit player like McHale

jasonbloom
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Won five points in a row from 0-40 and held, hopefully she turns on her GOAT mode

Remix13
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Lucie must hold now.

HowardH
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Lucie must hold now.

And she loses her serve. This is almost over it seems. Can she break back, or will McHale serve it out?

Remix13
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM
McHale serving for match :(

Martian Jeza
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:52 AM
And she lost against SHIT McHale in straight sets : 6-2, 6-4... Played some good tennis at Sydney and Brisbane to come with this :facepalm: She should be ashamed. AO already is OVER for her ! SO pissed off at her !

cosmoose
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Oh dear...I've seen this movie before.
I think it was called, "Lucie's Errorfest, US Open 2011"

:cry:

Remix13
Jan 16th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Pfff... Lucie :facepalm:

I'm not confident for my favs for this AO, Lucie out vs McFail (how is it possible ?), Ksenia out vs Li (expected this one), Kiri playing Jarka, Chaky playing Dokic :hysteric:

jasonbloom
Jan 16th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Whenever she has a good chance gaining some pts, she mess it up...Please do better in Paris

HowardH
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM
There's still doubles at least...

Tully
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I watched a set and a half. It was an error fest. So many of her shots were very badly timed and came off her frame. Very dissappointing. McHale moves well & gets a lot if balls back. When Lucie hits the ball in the middle of the racket it's sweet except today she hardly did that.

Not really sure what to expect from Lucie this year after the Brisbane & Melbourne debacles.

Foals.
Jan 16th, 2012, 06:13 PM
^ Thanks for the report, pretty much what I expected to have happened. It just seems to be mental with Lucie, only last week people were reporting she was striking the ball really well. I did hear conditions were windy which had me concerned but there's no excuses really, she's too experienced these days to know to have to adjust. Inexplicable loss for me mostly, Mchale was not to be understimated but Lucie missed out on a great shot at doing well at historically her best slam.

I'm glad she's playing doubles with Sorana, they seem to have a lot of fun together. I just wish we wern't relying on doubles for Lucie to be sticking around at a grand slam for though. :sobbing:

Robert-KimClijst
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Reading the title of this thread after that match is very depressing. :( Really just inexcusable.

lauraa00
Jan 17th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Wtf, noooo :( !!!
Good luck in doubles

Martian Jeza
Jan 18th, 2012, 01:29 AM
OUT also in Doubles she lost with Cirstea 6-2, 4-6, 4-6 ! So pissed off : she's back with her usual crap, fucking hell ! Back with your lovely slumps, Lucie ? :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :rolleyes:

Grade for your AO, Lucie : A 2,5 or 3/10. Expected much better than this SHIT !

HowardH
Jan 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Lucie :sad:.

Acanthus
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM
What a pathetic Australian Open. I've been a fan of Lucie (and by extension Tomas), since Hopman Cup 2007, and then of course she had that great run at AO couple weeks later, but then its mostly been 5 years of frustration since. And the story of their relationship was what first drew me in, so I thought when Lucie & Tomas broke up I'd stop caring, but I can't. I think I'll always care about Lucie :) I which I could stop caring though, then I could avoid the repeated feeling of crushing dissapointment.

jasonbloom
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I still think she can have some decent result this year, please dont make me dissapointed lucie...

Davodus
Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
so Im home...I'll just say her match was revolting, and I've never seen her shank so many shots in my life...really awful. And in the 2nd set she had BP, short forehand she smashed into the corner, gets a lob, wind comes up and she doesnt move her feet, so she shanks it mid court and gets passed. Was just a horrible horrible day :o she played better in the doubles, but at the key points of both sets she and sorana both tightened up and lost. I dunno what else to say, so disappointing. She had a bad day, it happens, but a bad time for it. Also McHale was like a backboard.