PDA

View Full Version : Anna Oz Open R1 vs Dokic

Noctis
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Easy first round vs Dokic, if she put the balls in, :shrug:
Than Bartoli or might Razzano , Bartoli , if Anna is not 100% fit :(

sammy01
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I'm going to assume anna is fit, as cramp is usually just a day or 2 tops. she has had 3 matches so is more match tight than before. hopefully she can play consistent controlled tennis again and dokic will be her usual mess.

bartoli probably rnd 2. anna can go into that match IF she beats dokic knowing she has those 100 points in the bag and has a free shot at a top 10 player to see how her game matches up.

Remix13
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Oh interesting for Chaky, and she will probably be on TV (like Kiri who's playing vs Jarka). I hope she will recover fast and be ready for this match :)

sammy01
Jan 13th, 2012, 08:58 AM
anna wont play till tuesday, so has an extra day to be ready.

FB2012
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:09 AM
anna wont play till tuesday, so has an extra day to be ready.

That's a good news :)

She can definitely beat Dokic, come on Anna !

backhandsmash
Jan 13th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I really like Dokic, but I think Anna has got this. Gogogo!

Rafa_thebest
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Anna has to revenge that 2009 match! C'MON ANNA!

dornik
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Dokic? That's gonna be fun ;)

Wintermute
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Here's Anna's section:

[23] VINCI, Roberta ITA v CADANTU, Alexandra ROU
(WC) KEYS, Madison USA v ZHENG, Jie CHN
DOKIC, Jelena AUS v CHAKVETADZE, Anna RUS
RAZZANO, Virginie FRA v [9] BARTOLI, Marion FRA

Dokic has had losses in the last few months to Rodina and Barthel, and lost easily to Bartoli this week. She did double bagel Isabella Holland in Sydney but you can't really read anything into that.

This was her only previous meeting with Anna:
2009 Australian Open R64 J.Dokic 6-4 6-7(4) 6-3

I guess if they're on a big court Jelena could get inspired by the crowd. Given recent performances I'd say Anna has a good shot at the win.

HowardH
Jan 13th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Interesting rematch. Dokic is notoriously unpredictable.

peanuts
Jan 14th, 2012, 02:34 AM
I think Anna has a good chance in this match. She just needs to be consistent enough and move the ball around the court to expose Dokic' footwork.

Jane Lane
Jan 14th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Dokic is also in a totally different position than 09. In Sydney she said she felt the pressure a lot. Pressure's gonna be worse at the AO. I agree with peanuts, Anna just has to be consistent with good depth.

sammy01
Jan 15th, 2012, 04:08 AM
anna is also in the doubles draw with romina oprandi, they take on aus pair jones and bobusic. so at least it will be a winnable competitive match.

smokovec
Jan 15th, 2012, 07:40 AM
anna is also in the doubles draw with romina oprandi, they take on aus pair jones and bobusic. so at least it will be a winnable competitive match.

Mmmm, nice mix and good draw for 1 win.

sammy01
Jan 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
i see it as a positive sign that anna is 100% fit, is she wasn't she wouldn't be adding doubles to her schedule here at the oz open.

Fantasy Hero
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM
go for it Anna :rocker2:

_inocencia_
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM
this is ok
she can beat dokic
ok jelena : has crowed, but she also has pressure
official wrote : "severe cramping", that means she shoul be just fine 4 D match
ignoring the fact that I LOVE CHAK, considering the way she played 1st 2 rounds in hobart --> i say chak in 2, max.3 sets

King Halep
Jan 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM
peanuts it is nice to see you at this forum :hearts:

Jane Lane
Jan 16th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Anna is 2nd on MCA tomorrow, as per AO twitter. :cheer: Davai Princess

peanuts
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:14 AM
go for it Anna :rocker2:

Gaspa, you're an Anna fan too? :eek: :hi5:

peanuts it is nice to see you at this forum :hearts:

You too. :hearts: I've said it before and I'll say it again it's so great to see Anna playing tennis again after I've thought for a while that she would not play pro tennis again. :awww: I was watching the highlights against Peer and it's almost ridiculous how Anna is still able to toy with her and move her around the court even with that back injury.

Thanks dentine! Best thing about playing an Aussie, you get to be in a show court! The best of luck Anna! :cheer:

King Halep
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Gaspa, you're an Anna fan too? :eek: :hi5:

You too. :hearts: I've said it before and I'll say it again it's so great to see Anna playing tennis again after I've thought for a while that she would not play pro tennis again. :awww: I was watching the highlights against Peer and it's almost ridiculous how Anna is still able to toy with her and move her around the court even with that back injury.

Thanks dentine! Best thing about playing an Aussie, you get to be in a show court! The best of luck Anna! :cheer:

Gaspa inspired Anna to her last title win

Well I kept saying here that she was most likely going to come back because there was never a point where she had anything incurable. She seem to have a series of little problems

King Halep
Jan 16th, 2012, 05:57 AM

its going to be hot :yawn:

peanuts
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
OOP is out. She's playing after Ferrer's match. Hope the men's match doesn't take forever to finished like with Verdasco today. :o

Setsuna.
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Can't wait for the match! Davai Anna!

Vespertine69
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Looking forward to the match, but I'd say it isn't a foregone conclusion, Dokic is so random that it is hard to predict what she will play like - but she is still capable of outhitting and outserving Anna if she plays near her best. Obviously, I want Anna to kill her in 2 sets, I just think everyone is making too light of Dokic as a match, especially given how much Jelena will want to prove after the loss to Bartoli where she was so nervy. I definitely think Anna has a great chance to win, but Dokic has the game to make it all very difficult if she's on her game and Anna is a bit off.

Jane Lane
Jan 16th, 2012, 09:30 PM
OOP is out. She's playing after Ferrer's match. Hope the men's match doesn't take forever to finished like with Verdasco today. :o

Daveeeeeed is a much better player than Mugdasco. :o

Setsuna.
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Really disappointed in her.

Jane Lane
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Well we still have useless doubles?

This is the logic we use in the Flavia forum so I'll bring it here.

Fantasy Hero
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM
yeah one fave left after the 2nd day of the AO :cheer:
please some cheer me up :sobbing: my life sucks atm

Remix13
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Oh I saw the severe score this morning, what happened to Anna :confused:

Well we still have useless doubles?

This is the logic we use in the Flavia forum so I'll bring it here.

Doubles, yeah, it's also often something we rely on with Kiri :lol:

_inocencia_
Jan 17th, 2012, 07:29 AM
what happened? she tanked, did somene pay her to tank like that :facepalm:
chak gave dokic walkover, i'm so disappointed:no:

peanuts
Jan 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Anna. What's happened? :sad: I hope the injury is not still bothering her.

smokovec
Jan 17th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I rewatch the Match later on Eurosportplayer, but it seems that Anna doesn't was so concentrate and determinate to win, probably because the recent injury, also Dokic played well.

Good thing is that Anna entered Pattaya, and in 2-3 weeks I think she will be fine and more fit for the next Months.

King Halep
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:33 PM
The match was over quite fast. I think she did not play that bad, she may have been a liitle flat, but looked to be hitting it okay. It was quite hot, so maybe that might have affected the match. As some people predicted, it depended on which Dokic showed up and she happened to be quite good today. She was getting all her serves in and did not make errors with her shots. When Dokic's serve is working, she is hard to break. There were not many rallies and Anna was the one who was making more errors, but she did not miss by much. She seemed to be timing it fairly well, getting good depth and hit a few nice winners. She looked quite expressionless and did not try to work herself up or get mad with herself (I saw BZS get more angry and she had an easy win :lol:). That was possibly due to the crowd support for the local girl, although the crowd hardly had to give her much support. The Serbian support was a lot louder for the Ivanovic match. I hope Dokic keeps going, but its likely her game will be back to normal against the Cake. There is still the doubles.

Setsuna.
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
The Princess was really BAD and didn't give a damn about the match. That was obvious. How many UE did she make? 30?:o Dokic wasn't unplayble really. She just tried to not make many unforced errors and wait for Anna's errors. I believe that the wind bothered Anna way more than Dokic but why she didn't try to use the slice more often? It's a very tricky shot in the windy conditions and Anna's slice is good.

peanuts
Jan 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I rewatch the Match later on Eurosportplayer, but it seems that Anna doesn't was so concentrate and determinate to win, probably because the recent injury, also Dokic played well.

Good thing is that Anna entered Pattaya, and in 2-3 weeks I think she will be fine and more fit for the next Months.

Is this confirmed? :eek: Does she have to play qualifying? Please get in to the MD Anna. :bounce:

smokovec
Jan 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Is this confirmed? :eek: Does she have to play qualifying? Please get in to the MD Anna. :bounce:

Like dornik said in the other thread she withdraw from Pattaya and Dubai, it seems that the injury is worst than expected.

Arghhh, again healthy problems for Anna. :sad::sad:

lang26
Jan 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Too me it doesn't make any sense wat so ever because why would she still be playing double if her back was not no good shape but withdraw from Pattaya and Dubai, and those events are three-four weeks away

Noctis
Jan 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Oh god, I can't take it anymore :tears:

Jane Lane
Jan 17th, 2012, 04:54 PM
:sobbing: Noooooooo! :bigcry: Get better Anna :hug:

lang26
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM
So I guess Her next event will be
BNP Paribas Open
Sony Ericsson Open
e-Boks Sony Ericsson Open

GeorgianFan
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM
anna :awww:

lang26
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
she going be losing 70 point By missing Dubai so she be droping outta top 200 please get healthy and return soon

Setsuna.
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
:sad:

backhandsmash
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I think we expected too much, too soon.

HowardH
Jan 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Anna :sad: :hug:. Oh well. There's a whole season to go.

King Halep
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I think we expected too much, too soon.

Who's we? :lol:

King Halep
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Too me it doesn't make any sense wat so ever because why would she still be playing double if her back was not no good shape but withdraw from Pattaya and Dubai, and those events are three-four weeks away

Is she injured? She hit one of her serves at 165 km/h. Did not seem to have problems moving.

lang26
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Is she injured? She hit one of her serves at 165 km/h. Did not seem to have problems moving.

That my point really she seem to be moving Good just didn't seem to care about the match at all but she still playing double and already have withdraw from Pattaya and Dubai, if her back is a problem she should not play double.

King Halep
Jan 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM
After seeing her get up off the floor and keep going after collapsing, I will never question her motivation or her hardness.

smokovec
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Anna withdraw also from Doubles...

peanuts
Jan 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Like dornik said in the other thread she withdraw from Pattaya and Dubai, it seems that the injury is worst than expected.

Arghhh, again healthy problems for Anna. :sad::sad:

Oh no Anna. :sad: Please be well. This feels like a never-ending story with her. :sobbing: