PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to MTV Europe Pop Awards

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Countdown to pop awards
8.11AM GMT, 14 Nov 2002

The pop party of the year begins later with the MTV Europe Awards in Barcelona.

The guest list reads like a Who's Who of the music world: Eminem, Robbie Williams and Moby, are just some of the stars appearing at the extravaganza.

British group Coldplay are one of six acts to lead the field with four nominations each.

They are up against Eminem, Pink, Enrique Iglesias, Kylie Minogue and Shakira.

Organisers are describing the show as the premier awards for the music industry.

The event being held in the Barcelona's futuristic Palau Sant Jordi stadium and will be hosted by Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs.

Celebrity presenters include James Bond stars Pierce Brosnan and Halle Berry.

This year will be a closely fought contest with the unprecedented six artists leading the nominations with four each.

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:33 AM
I´ll be there,too! *proud* :bounce:

AaronJoyB
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:37 AM
whitney will be at the show!!!!!

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Pop Superstars to Perform for 1 Billion MTV Fans

November 14, 2002 05:37 AM ET
By Paul Majendie

BARCELONA (Reuters) - From Eminem to Christina Aguilera, the superstars of pop strut their stuff Thursday night for a worldwide audience of 1 billion fans tuned into the MTV Europe Music Awards.

Barcelona is reliving the glory days of the 1992 Olympics but this time it is pop and not athletic stars who are taking center stage at the Palau Sant Jordi to compete for glory. Even James Bond has come to town to help give out the prizes.

More than 15 million viewers of the music channel have cast their votes in this year's awards. U2, Kylie Minogue, Eminem, Coldplay, Pink, Shakira and Enrique Iglesias are all up for four awards each.

True to the hype that reigns supreme in the pop industry, MTV boasts that the show is "the most widely broadcast music awards event in the world" and MTV Europe boss Brent Hansen revealed: "It has cost us several million pounds."

For that kind of money he has secured one of the most impressive cast lists of the year.

Controversial rapper Eminem, emulating the feat achieved last year by Jennifer Lopez, has topped both the album and movie charts in the United States with his feature film debut "8 Mile" and its soundtrack.

British star Robbie Williams, who has just signed a record $127 million deal with EMI, is now hoping to crack the elusive American market with his new album.

For Britain, the glory days of the Sixties when The Beatles and the Rolling Stones dominated the U.S. charts are long gone. But the British group Coldplay, who are also performing in the MTV show, have made inroads into the Transatlantic market.

Raunchy pop diva Christina Aguilera, veteran star Whitney Houston and Latin heart-throb Enrique Iglesias add some intriguing flavors to the pop cocktail while Bon Jovi, currently riding high in the charts on both sides of the Atlantic, hope their career-long sales could now top 100 million with their latest album.

Hip hop star Wyclef Jean was seduced by the audience potential. "It's a chance to reach one billion people," said the star who hosted the awards ceremony two years ago in Stockholm but now hands over that mantle to rap star Sean "P. Diddy" Combs.

Hansen said the glittering line-up was a refreshing change in an era when manufactured bands are flooding the market.

"We very much want artistic merit to win through," he told Reuters. "A show like this can help to show that we believe in this kind of thing."

Even those giving out the prizes are stars in their own right. They range from FC Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert to James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan.

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Charmbracelet-Lucic
whitney will be at the show!!!!!

I can´t wait to see if she actually put on some weight! :D

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:39 AM
No Britney...............:sad: well at least Shakira is there :)

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Christina is there too...:)

And P.Diddy... :kiss: :hearts: :D

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo not Christina

AjdeNate!
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:03 PM
And for Americans...this is on live at 3pm EST (New York time) on MTV2.

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Britney_SMG_MJH
Noooooooooooooooooo not Christina

:)

Dahveed
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Do you think she'll perform Dirrty? :D I don't want to miss that!

King Aaron
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Christina!! :D :D

Come on P!nk!!! :bounce:

DutchieGirl
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:45 PM
lmao@Dahveed! ;)

How many awards are they giving out anyway? lol Just tell me if Lasgo win one! ;) (I very much doubt it). ;)

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Music the Real Winner at MTV Europe Awards

The votes are in and the nominees are counting down the minutes in expectation as the annual MTV Europe Awards get ready to air to the world from Barcelona.

With an audience expected to be in the range of one billion worldwide, the eyes of MTV's global viewers will turn towards Europe on Thursday night as a star-studded selection of performers fill the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona for the music channel's annual European Awards ceremony.

The award ceremony, now in its eighth year, honors stars from around the world for their musical contributions over the past year and relies on the votes of the European viewing public via the Internet or by telephone. In 2001, over two million votes were cast by Europe's MTV generation, which resulted in awards for Gorillaz, Craig David and Limp Bizkit amongst others when the ceremony was held in Frankfurt, Germany.

The number of votes cast this year is over 15 million. It is expected that over eight million Europeans will tune in to see if their nominations make a difference.

Seven artists are in the running for a clean sweep

This year, there is no clear favorite to be the night's biggest winner, with seven artists going into the ceremony with four nominations each. U2, Eminem, Pink, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias, Coldplay and Kylie Minogue will all be hoping for at least one gong for the sideboard at the end of the evening.

The lucky winners from the 25 categories will be presented with their prestigious awards by celebrities such as James Bond himself, Pierce Brosnan, his latest leading lady, Halle Berry and FC Barcelona's Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert.

It will be the job of host and nominee for Best Hip-Hop Performer Sean 'P.Diddy' Coombs to work the live crowd of over 12,000 people. Enviably, he'll have the help of Robbie Williams, Wyclef Jean, Christina Aguilera and Whitney Houston amongst many others who will be performing at the awards.

Europe is strongly represented with country categories

Although the awards will have a truly international feel, the inclusion of Europe in the title is underscored by the strong showing of European artists in the main categories as well as 10 country specific categories.

Die Toten Hosen, Herbert Grönemeyer, No Angels, Sportfreunde Stiller and Xavier Naidoo will battle it out in the German category while national musical treasures from countries as varied as Russia and Romania to France and Spain will vie for their own awards.

The diversity on show is good for music, says MTV boss

The diversity of artists being honored at this year's awards ceremony is good news for a music industry that has been dented of late by the global financial downturn. The MTV voting seems to show that consumers are expanding their musical tastes from the narrow market of manufactured pop bands.

MTV Europe boss Brent Hansen told Reuters that "we very much want artistic merit to win through. A show like this can help to show that we believe in this kind of thing."

MTV has earned the right to call itself a global player. Since its premiere in1981, the music channel has branched out with specifically targeted stations in over ten countries across five continents with reception available all over the world. It now offers not only music television but also radio and online services and has recently branched out into film production.

Monica_Rules
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:25 PM
I'd say Kylie and Eminem win most awards!

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:55 PM
I'm watching it now. :)

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Eminem just won the award as the best Hip Hop act 2002. Personally, I thought Nelly should've won it. Oh well...

The crowd went WILD for Eminem as he received his award. BTW, Marlon Manson just presented Eminem his award, wow! ;)

nasty nick#2
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know the nominations? i lost track. I haven't watched MTV for years cause the channel is a commercial bore. It used to be good in the mid 90's but then the "show's" increased and the music itself decreased. I better not get started on how i feel on mtv cause then i could make an essay about it. Some years ago Gorillaz won the award for "best dance" problem is, their music isn't even dance.

raquel
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:16 PM
How the hell the Jennifer Lopez win Best Female over Kylie, Pink, Britney and Shakira?! Her music and movies are awful! what song of hers was better than 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' 'Just Like A Pill' , 'Wherever Whenever' or 'Slave 4 U'?!

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Patrick Kluviert (sp?) just gave an award to the anti-racism group FARE (Footbal Against Racism in Europe). Wow, I didn't know that it was such a big problem there. Apparently it is. Good work by this organization.

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:18 PM
raquel - isn't the voting done by music fans on the internet?

raquel
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by CHOCO
raquel - isn't the voting done by music fans on the internet?
yeah, i know, i am just wondering why people voted j-lo over the others? she obviously has more fans than i thought

nasty nick#2
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by raquel

yeah, i know, i am just wondering why people voted j-lo over the others? she obviously has more fans than i thought

That's the boring things with these awards. A artist can sell millions of copies of a song but lose to a artist with more fans in the end anyway.

selesfan1
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:26 PM
This just goes to show how unreal these awards are. I voted for them like 50 times an do I live in Europe? no. but I voted for mostly euro artists with the exception. Thse awards are just used to promote American music in Europe not european music in Europe or america for that matter being that they are broadast here.

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:30 PM
I watching Robbie Williams singing for the first time. I'm impressed. He has a nice voice. I've heard so much about him.

BTW, P-Diddy is the MC of the show. :)

nasty nick#2
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:31 PM
BTW, P-Diddy is the MC of the show. :)

Then i will defenitely not watch.

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Eminem just won the award for best album of the year 2002. The crowd is going wild!

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:42 PM
The bloke from Linkin Park booed after he just said Thank You and walked off after winning best Hard Rock act

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:44 PM
How the hell the Jennifer Lopez win Best Female over Kylie, Pink, Britney and Shakira?! Her music and movies are awful! what song of hers was better than 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' 'Just Like A Pill' , 'Wherever Whenever' or 'Slave 4 U'?!

pff! Over my Britney and Shakira :sad:

Tough call that, would have given it on music ability to Shakira..............but still would have given it too Britney :p

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:48 PM
HERE ARE THE MUSIC CATAGORIES:

Best Group: Coldplay, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2

Best Song: Enrique Iglesias — "Hero," Nelly — "Hot in Herre," Nickelback — "How You Remind Me," Pink — "Get the Party Started," Shakira — "Whenever, Wherever"

Best Female: Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Kylie Minogue, Pink, Shakira

Best Male: Eminem, Enrique Iglesias, Lenny Kravitz, Nelly, Robbie Williams

Best Album: Coldplay — A Rush of Blood to the Head, Eminem — The Eminem Show, Kylie Minogue — Fever, No Doubt — Rock Steady, Pink — Missundaztood

Best New Act: Avril Lavigne, The Calling, Röyksopp, Shakira, The Strokes

Best Hip-Hop: Busta Rhymes, Eminem, Ja Rule, Nelly, P. Diddy

Best R&B: Ashanti, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Lopez, Mary J. Blige

Best Rock: Bon Jovi, Coldplay, Nickelback, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2

Best Dance: DB Boulevard, Kylie Minogue, Moby, Rsyksopp, Sophie Ellis Bextor

Best Hard Rock: Korn, Linkin Park, P.O.D., Puddle of Mudd, System of a Down

Best Pop: Anastacia, Enrique Iglesias, Kylie Minogue, Pink, Shakira

Best Live Act: Depeche Mode, Korn, Lenny Kravitz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2

Best Video: Basement Jaxx — "Where's Your Head At?," Eminem — "Without Me," Primal Scream — "Miss Lucifer," Rsyksopp — "Remind Me," The White Stripes — "Fell in Love With a Girl"

The Web Award: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com), David Bowie (www.davidbowie.com), Linkin Park (www.linkinpark.com), Moby (www.moby.com), U2 (www.u2.com)

Best Nordic Act: The Crash, The Hives, Kent, Rsyksopp, Saybia

Best French Act: David Guetta, Indochine, MC Solaar, Pleymo, Saïn Supa Crew

Best Italian Act: Articolo 31, Francesco Renga, Planet Funk, Subsonica, Tiziano Ferro

Best Polish Act: Blue Café, Futro, Myslovitz, T. Love, Wilki

Best Romanian Act: Partizan, Zdob si Zdub, Animal X, Class, BUG Mafia

Best U.K. And Ireland Act: Atomic Kitten, Coldplay, Ms. Dynamite, Sugababes, Underworld

Best Dutch Act: Brainpower, Di-Rect, Kane, Sita, Tiesto

Best Spanish Act: Amaral, Bunbury, El Canto del Loco, Enrique Iglesias, Sober

Best German Act: Die Töten Hosen, Herbert Gröenemeyer, No Angels, Sportfreunde Stiller, Xavier Naidoo

Best Russian Act: Ariana, Diskoteka Avariya, Epidemiya, Kasta, T.A.T.U.

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:07 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037314144.spain_music_par124.jpg
U.S. actress Pamela Anderson (news) poses at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday Nov. 14 2002. (AP Photo/ Christophe Simon, Pool)

Josh
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:11 PM
They should drop the "European" and change the name to "Overwhelmingly Crap Music Awards".

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:13 PM
P. DIDDY IS THE WORST HOST I'VE EVER SEEN ON A MTV AWARD SHOW. go back to america!!!! please!!!!!!

nasty nick#2
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:22 PM
He sais he needs a girl but actually he needs to stay away from the studio and the MTV award.

Dahveed
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:23 PM
I liked the Foo Fighters and was surprisingly impressed by Christina Aguilera's performance! The rest was utter crap!

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:34 PM
C'mon guys, P-Diddy added much soul to the show. ;) I know I watched.

DutchieGirl
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Who won best Dutch act? I like most of the ones nominated for that!

Martian KC
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:46 AM
I watching Robbie Williams singing for the first time. I'm impressed. He has a nice voice. I've heard so much about him.

You should hear his concerts!:D

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:36 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037329678.2416386084.jpg
Eminen holds a trophy after winning the Best Male Artist Award during the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavilion in Barcelona November 14, 2002. The controversial rapper swept the board, landing three of the coveted awards before a global television audience of more than one billion people.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20021114/mdf146041.jpg
Singer Shakira is one of several artists nominated for four awards at the MTV Europe Music Awards, which will be presented Nov. 14, 2002, in Barcelona, Spain. The show is expected to draw a worldwide television audience of 1 billion. Shakira is shown performing during the opening show of her 'Tour of the Mongoose,' Nov. 8, 2002 in San Diego.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20021114/mdf149282.jpg
U.S. singer Marilyn Manson arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavilion in Barcelona November 14, 2002. From Eminem (news - web sites) to Christina Aguilera (news), the superstars of pop strut their stuff Thursday night for a worldwide audience of 1 billion fans tuned into the MTV Europe Music Awards.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20021114/mdf149362.jpg
Australian singer Kylie Minogue (news) hoists her two awards at the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavilion in Barcelona November 14, 2002. Minogue won awards for the best Pop and the best Dance artist.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037327909.spain_mtv_europe_awards_lon103.jpg
Coldplay stand with their award for the best UK and Ireland act during the MTV Europe Music Awards 2002, at the Palazzo Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain, Thursday, Nov.14, 2002 .

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037327838.spain_mtv_europe_awards_lon104.jpg
US rapper Eminem (news - web sites) on stage during the MTV Europe Music Awards 2002, at the Palazzo Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain, Thursday Nov.14, 2002 . He won the award for best male singer.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037323067.4228341876.jpg
Singer Kylie Minogue (news) (R) and Jade Jagger pose as they arrive at the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037322985.4161241203.jpg
Christina Aguilera (news) gestures as she arrives at the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037322736.spain_mtv_music_awards_par132.jpg
U.S. singer Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs poses at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14 2002. He was nominated in the best hip hop category but lost to Eminem

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037322726.mtv_europe_par133.jpg
Spanish group Ketchup pose at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037322201.4161142896.jpg
Singer Anastasia blows a kiss as she arrives at the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037321622.mtv_europe_xdd101.jpg
U.S. artist Pink holds her award after winning Best Song in the MTV Europe Music Awards in Barcelona's Sant Jordi palace, Spain Thursday Nov. 14, 2002.

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:47 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037319261.spain_europe_mtv_par129.jpg
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue (news) holds her trophies for best dance and best pop category at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14 2002.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037318031.spain_music_par128.jpg
Spanish group Amaral holds their trophy for best Spanish act at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14, 2002.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037317620.mtv_europe_par130.jpg
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue (news) holds her trophies for Best Dance and Best Pop Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037316115.spain_music_lon140.jpg
Singer Anastacia poses for photographers during the MTV Europe Music Awards in Barcelona, Spain, Thursday Nov. 14, 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037315411.spain_music_par126.jpg
US singer Joseph Hahn of the group Linkin Park holds two trophies for hard Hock and Best Group at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037314144.spain_music_par124.jpg
U.S. actress Pamela Anderson (news) poses at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday Nov. 14 2002.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037313657.spain_music_lon138.jpg
Singer Pink with her award for Best Song for 'Get The Party Started', during the MTV Europe Music Awards in Barcelona, Spain, Thursday Nov. 14, 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037309496.spain_music_mad812.jpg
U.S. actress Pamela Anderson (news) gestures during the MTV Europe Music awards ceremony in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday Nov. 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037308451.2147672159.jpg
Alicia Keys holds her award after winning the best R&B artist during the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037308357.2617385046.jpg
U.S. singer Nastacia arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:07 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037307937.spain_music_mad809.jpg
Performer Wyclef Jean accompanied by an unidentified woman, gestures to his fans on his arrival to the MTV Europe Music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday Nov. 14, 2002.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/lthumb.1037307858.spain_music_mad808.jpg
Singer Anastacia greets her fans as she arrives at the MTV Europe music awards in Barcelona, northeastern Spain, Thursday Nov. 14, 2002

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037307713.spain_lon122.jpg
American actress Pamela Anderson (news - web sites) arriving for the MTV Europe Music Awards 2002 in Barcelona, Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037306102.2348949589.jpg
Irish actor Pierce Brosnan (news) arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards. REUTERS/Gustau Nacarino

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037306088.3087179856.jpg
U.S. actress Pamela Anderson (news) arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Tonight's awards are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037320390.3221643380.jpg
Eminem (news - web sites) gives an acceptance speech after winning the Best Album Award during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Eminem won three awards in the ceremony

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037319230.3423043700.jpg
Whitney Houston performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037318818.3691397243.jpg
Whitney Houston performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037318976.3691438201.jpg
U.S. performer Moby gives an acceptance speech during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Moby won the award for the Best Dance Artist

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037318477.3490062458.jpg
Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317652.3288760447.jpg
Pink holds a trophy after receiving the Best Song Award during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Pink won the award for her song 'Get the party started.'

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317634.4161208447.jpg
Pink gestures after receiving the Best Song Award during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Pink won the award for her song, 'Get the party started.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317524.3423010928.jpg
Christina Aguilera (news) performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037316267.3624337527.jpg
Christina Aguilera (news) (C) performs with dancers during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037316470.3423019123.jpg
Jon Bon Jovi (news) (R) and his guitarist Rickie Sambora perform during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:18 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037310450.3691421810.jpg
Eminen holds a trophy after winning the Best Male Artist Award during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037309250.3288744060.jpg
Eminen performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Eminem (news - web sites) won the Best Male Artist award

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037307577.3221717110.jpg
Sean 'P Diddy' Combs speaks to the audience as he presents the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037320279.2952994896.jpg
Australian singer Kylie Minogue (news) holds two awards during the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. Minogue won the awards for the best Pop and the best Dance artist

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037312843.2550341723.jpg
U.S. top model Rachel Roberts (news) arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317289.3154321492.jpg
U.S. singer Marilyn Manson arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14,

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317135.2550349906.jpg
U.S. singer Alicia Keys holds her award after winning the best artist R&B during the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021113/i/1037191922.2953306146.jpg
Jon Bon Jovi performs during a free concert in Barcelona, Spain, ahead of the MTV Europe music awards 2002 in Barcelona's Palau Sant Jordi Nov. 12, 2002. At the ripe old age of 40, Bon Jovi just can't believe his luck -- album sales are heading for 100 million and fans show no signs of wearying of one of the world's most enduring supergroups.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021112/i/1037127070.2282217514.jpg
American singer Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs speaks during a press conference before the MTV Europe music awards 2002 in Barcelona, November 12, 2002. Combs wished his one-time love Jennifer Lopez the best of luck in her future with actor Ben Affleck, saying marriage was 'a beautiful thing.'

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021112/i/1037112838.3020152919.jpg
Bon Jovi members (L to R) Jon Bon Jovi (news), Richie Sambora (news), Dave Bryan and Tico Torres poses for photographers after their press conference ahead of the MTV Europe music awards 2002 in Barcelona November 12, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021112/i/1037112770.2416066644.jpg
Bon Jovi members (L to R) Jon Bon Jovi (news), Richie Sambora (news) and Dave Bryan smile during their press conference ahead of the MTV Europe music awards 2002 in Barcelona November 12, 2002

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021112/i/1037112698.2214813787.jpg
Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora (news) tips his hat during a press conference ahead of the MTV Europe music awards 2002 in Barcelona November 12, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021112/i/1037112626.2214723679.jpg
American singer Sean P.Diddy Combs makes a remark during a press conference before the MTV Europe music awards 2002 in Barcelona, November 12, 2002.

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Like he does with most of his recent endeavors, Eminem made the most of the MTV Europe Music Awards, making good on three of his four nominations to lead the pack of winners. (Click to see photos from the show.)

Slim Shady picked up awards for Best Male Act, Best Hip-Hop Act, and Best Album, for The Eminem Show. at the ceremony, held Thursday (November 14) in Barcelona, Spain. Each time he took the podium to accept an honor, — with D12 member Proof in tow — Em made a point to thank Interscope Records, Dr. Dre, and his imprint Shady Records. He also shouted out to his daughter Hailie on his first trip to the stage and wished protégé Obie Trice a happy birthday in his final acceptance speech.

Sexy songbird Kylie Minogue, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Linkin Park were tied for second place in the awards race. Minogue walked off with honors for Best Dance Act and Best Pop Act; the Peppers were dubbed Best Live Act and Best Rock Act; and Linkin Park, whose sole present member DJ Joseph Hahn received a chorus of boos after his second acceptance speech consisted only of a mumbled "Thank you," won for Best Group and Best Hard Rock Act.

Although the band wasn't present at the ceremony, the Chili Peppers' taped acceptances were the most entertaining of the speeches. The first featured singer Anthony Kiedis standing front and center with the statuette hanging out of his fly while Chad Smith provided dramatic drum fills and bassist Flea and guitarist John Frusciante stood on their heads in the background. The second one was even stranger, with Flea behind the kit, while Kiedis gave thanks standing above the others on a riser. Smith concluded the thank you by banging on a cymbal with the award.

Initally evoking an image of the confident don, P. Diddy hosted the three-hour event with the requisite cavalcade of dumb jokes that mostly fell flat, not the least of which had him pretending to take a cell phone call from convicted shoplifter Winona Ryder, who wanted some free Sean John apparel. His constant costume changes ranged from a gold suit to a Run-DMC-esque leather hat and white T-shirt in honor of the late DJ Jam Master Jay.

Diddy was also responsible for the evening's most outrageous moment, which took place towards the end of the show. After describing his diamond-encrusted pinky ring, he offered it up to any woman who would get naked on stage. Almost before he finished speaking, a woman in the front row hopped up and shrugged off her dress, suddenly topless before the Bad Boy, a packed Palau Sant Jordi, and an estimated one billion people watching worldwide. She quickly snatched the ring and ran backstage, leaving many wondering if seamlessly-executed stunt was staged.

Besides scoring the most awards, Eminem also laid claim to one of the best performances of the evening. Clad in a black and white hooded sweatsuit, his rendition of "Cleaning Out My Closet" came off slightly lackluster, until the opening monologue of "8 Mile" soundtrack hit "Lose Yourself" began, at which point the crowd went absolutely nuts, singing along and moving their raised arms in unison.

Sung slightly off key, off-kilter Pink's three-song medley of "Get the Party Started," "Don't Let Me Get Me" and "Just Like a Pill" was clumsy and less-than-thrilling, despite the singer's revealing bondage-buckled corset. Speaking of which, the always demure — not! — Christina Aguilera performed "Dirrty" with Redman, wearing only black leather chaps, some sort of swath for a top and not much else. Other performance highlights included Bon Jovi's "Everyday," Enrique Iglesias' "Love to See You Cry" with bits of Billy Idol's "White Wedding" thrown in; Whitney Houston's "Whatchulookinat"; Robbie Williams' "Feel," from his forthcoming album Escapology and Wyclef Jean's Tom Jones-inspired "Pussycat." Moby's rather rockin' "In My Heart" closed the show.

Shakira, who came into the evening tied with Eminem, Minogue, and Pink with four nominations, walked away empty handed.

Europe Music Awards 2002 Winners List:

Best Group: Linkin Park
Best Song: Pink "Get the Party Started"
Best Female Act: Jennifer Lopez
Best Male Act: Eminem
Best Album: Eminem The Eminem Show
Best New Act: The Calling
Best Hip-Hop Act: Eminem
Best R&B Act: Alicia Keyes
Best Rock Act: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Best Dance Act: Kylie Minogue
Best Hard Rock Act: Linkin Park
Best Pop Act: Kylie Minogue
Best Live Act: Red Hot Chili Peppers
Best Video: Royksopp: "Remind Me"
Web Award: Moby.com
Best Nordic Act: Kent
Best UK Act: Coldplay
Best French Act: Indochine
Best Dutch Act: Brainpower
Best Italian Act: Subsonica
Best Spanish Act: Amaral
Best Polish Act: Myslovitz
Best German Act: Die Toten Hosen
Best Romanian Act: Animal X
Best Russian Act: Diskoteka Avariya

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:06 AM
omg - lmao at the German!!!! Toten Hosen!!!!! ;) :D

Go alicia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :bounce:
Piiiiiiiiink! :kiss:
Chris Aguilera - well done! ;)

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:07 PM
congratulations to all the winners!!!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Röyksopp rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :bounce: :bounce: Heia Røyksopp!!!!!!! :D

caramel
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:17 PM

I voted for Shakira. :D

caramel
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:24 PM
[B]
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021114/capt.1037307713.spain_lon122.jpg
American actress Pamela Anderson (news - web sites) arriving for the MTV Europe Music Awards 2002 in Barcelona, Spain, Thursday, Nov. 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021115/i/1037318477.3490062458.jpg
Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317524.3423010928.jpg
Christina Aguilera (news) performs during the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002. These are the ninth annual MTV Europe Music Awards.

My comments:::
Pamela --- Did somebody say SILICONE ? I wouldn´t want to come close to her ´cause she might just hit me with her boobs.

Enrique Iglesias --- Oh my gosh my ears are hurting so bad!

Christina A. --- Believe it or not I have the same panties!!! (But I wouldn´t show them off like that)

caramel
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:28 PM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037307577.3221717110.jpg
Sean 'P Diddy' Combs speaks to the audience as he presents the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony at Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14, 2002.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021114/i/1037317289.3154321492.jpg
U.S. singer Marilyn Manson arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at the Palau Sant Jordi pavillion in Barcelona, November 14,

Some more comments? Well....

P.Diddy --- :hearts: He´s hot! I wouldn´t mind showing him my panties. Umm , yeah bad joke! :lick:

Marilyn Manson --- :eek: He looks like me without any make-up on. Just kidding! ;)

caramel
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Stinger
omg - lmao at the German!!!! Toten Hosen!!!!! ;) :D

DEAD PANTS ????? Cool name haha!

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:36 PM
:D yup!!!! hehehe.. another funny story... speaking of "toten"

In norwaym there is a place called Toten. and this place has a football (soccer) team. and they drove their bus to Germany to play in some cup.... and the buss was covered with "toten" stuff... and the germans went :eek:
lmao :D

Nina_rus
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:38 PM
:eek: I was sure Tatu were to win the award for the best Russian artist but no :eek:

Nina_rus
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:41 PM
I was looking for a lense like Marilyn Mansons for about 3 weeks, impossible to find :(

caramel
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Nina_rus
I was looking for a lense like Marilyn Mansons for about 3 weeks, impossible to find :(

I´ve seen such lenses at WalMart a while ago. They´ve also got some with Dollar signs and in all kind of strange colors even yellow. I´d prefer "normal" brown lenses though. ;)

King Aaron
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:11 PM
P!nk!! :bounce: :kiss: :D :hearts: great job girl!!!!! Can't wait to see it over here! :D :D :D

Kylie :drool:
Nasty Christina!! :o :D

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 04:12 PM
:)

shirley
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Yay for Pink and The Calling!

Did you see Dave Grohl? Aaw bless :)

http://ema.mtv.co.uk/ema2002/assets/galleries/press_room/8.jpg

shirley
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Mel C

http://ema.mtv.co.uk/ema2002/assets/galleries/redcarpet/10.jpg

selesrules
Nov 15th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Whitney :kiss:

spiceboy
Nov 15th, 2002, 07:09 PM
I was there last night, simply amazing....but finally neither Shakira nor Hally Berry came to BCN.

The best thing: How nice and down to earth was Anastacia with everyone (including fans) not only yesterday but the previous days she stayed here.

Kylie was the only big star who preferred to follow the show sitting in the stands (with an old man BTW, guess he was his dad or something) instead going to the VIP lounge.

*Thanx CHOCO for the pics & reports

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 07:23 PM
WOW!!! Spiceboy, you must have had a good time. I wish I were there based on what I saw of the coverage.

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:05 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing the music of Kylie Minogue. Wow that woman is hot hot hot.

CHOCO
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Eminem Aftershow Party In Barcelona

As a special treat for Eminem's Spanish fans, Marilyn Manson joined the rapper onstage for a rendition if 'The Way I Am'. The performance took place at Eminem's exclusive after-show party last night, November 14, at the Razzmatazz club in downtown Barcelona. It was Eminem's first ever live gig in Spain.

Earlier in the evening, Eminem won three MTV Europe Music Awards for Best Male, Best Hip Hop and Best Album. The rapper celebrated in style with the aftershow party that everyone wanted to be at. The star count included US band The Calling, Redman and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Eminem and Marilyn first performed 'The Way I Am' together at a Marilyn Manson concert in Germany in early 2001. Marilyn, in town as a guest presenter at the MTV Europe Music Awards, dressed in a blue shirt and tie with one eye blacked out to join Eminem on stage unnannounced during the first verse of the song, at which point the Spanish crowd gave a huge cheer.

In his hour long set, Eminem also performed 'Without Me' and 'Lose Yourself', from the soundtrack to his movie '8 Mile', which had premiered in Barcelona the night before. Slim made sure his fans were happy by throwing bags and bags of merchandise into the crowd, before returning for a one song encore with members of his hip-hop collective, D12.

WOW!!!! I WISH I WERE THERE AT THAT PARTY!!!!

Cersei
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:23 PM
yay for Pink!!!:bounce: she rocks :D

CHOCO
Nov 16th, 2002, 03:29 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021115/capt.1037382270.people_schiffer_ny138.jpg
German supermodel Claudia Schiffer arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at the Festhalle in Frankfurt, Germany, in this Nov. 8, 2001 file photo. Schiffer has lent her voice to a television campaign seeking donations for Germany's still-unrealized Holocaust Memorial. During its first two weeks, the ad featuring Schiffer has caused a spike in visits to a Web site for the citizen's initiative to raise money for the project. Organizers said Friday, Nov. 15, 2002 it will be another two weeks until they know whether donations have increased

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20021115/mdf149282.jpg
U.S. singer Marilyn Manson arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards at Palau Sant Jordi pavilion in Barcelona November 14, 2002. From Eminem (news - web sites) to Christina Aguilera (news), the superstars of pop strut their stuff Thursday night for a worldwide audience of 1 billion fans tuned into the MTV Europe Music Awards

CHOCO
Nov 17th, 2002, 03:36 PM
MTV Europe Awards

A whole lot of stars were wearing very little clothing arrived in Spain Thursday night at the MTV Europe Music Awards. The awards were hosted by one of music's biggest moguls _ P. Diddy.

Among the wild things on the night, Pam Anderson popping out as she presented Best Group to Linkin Park, a revved up Christina Aguilera hit the stage on a motorcycle then brought down the house in a pulsating performance of her new hit "Dirrty," and everyone was looking at Whitney Houston as she sang "Whatcha Lookin At." The diva looked a lot healthier than when she appeared on a recent Michael Jackson TV special.

New Jersey's Bon Jovi was rocking Barcelona, but the night’s big winner was Detroit rapper Eminem, who walked away with three trophies. After raising the roof he sent a special message back home to his six-year-old daughter.

Other winners included Kylie Minogue, Alicia Keys, and Jennifer Lopez. But there was no chance for P. Diddy/J. Lo meeting; the host's former flame accepted her Best Female award by satellite.