PDA

View Full Version : Will Justine's name change after she got married??

rhz
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:07 AM
I got this from SanexWTA website...

No.5 Justine Henin enjoyed her most consistent season to date, winning two titles (including her first Tier I at the German Open), reaching another four finals and four semifinals. Victories over Serena, Capriati, Seles, Dokic and Clijsters and two narrow losses to Venus provided invaluable experience. She achieved a career-high No.4 ranking after winning in Linz just prior to the Championships, and was only overtaken by fellow Belgian in the last week of the Tour season.

And the news is all good for Justine, who will become Mrs Henin-Hardenne later this month, when she marries fiancé Pierre-Yves in Belgium.

malaye
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Justine had a choice between keeping her maiden name, or her husband's name. She picked the latter, and will now be referred to as Justine Henin-Hardenne.
Good luck in 2003 JHH !

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Nice initials... JHH :p

TS
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:44 AM
More silly hyphenated names :(

Even though this one does sound nicer than others (hello Schultz-McCarthy)

auntie janie
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Hmm, I prefer one or the other; the combo is a bit much! it will take her 20 minutes ot sign each autograph! ;)

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by janie
it will take her 20 minutes ot sign each autograph! ;)

:)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:09 PM
i wish she kept Henin only

she could sign as Juju ;)

gentenaire
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:21 PM
To think so many already had problems pronouncing Henin...

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Is the H in Hardenne aspirate or not? It makes a difference whether we say "La service d'Hardenne" or "La service de Hardenne". :D :confused:

Alek
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Iva's #1 Fan
More silly hyphenated names :(

Even though this one does sound nicer than others (hello Schultz-McCarthy)

Schultz-McCarthy sounds great :fiery: :D :D

Mercury Rising
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Ted of Teds Tennis
Is the H in Hardenne aspirate or not? It makes a difference whether we say "La service d'Hardenne" or "La service de Hardenne". :D :confused:
I think it's the 2nd.