PDA

View Full Version : Have you met your Favourite in person yet???

rhz
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:03 AM
I did... i met Mary Joe, took picture of me with her in Australian Open 1999.

Anna K, yes in Melbourne 99 also San Diego 02, i did get close to her.. but didn't have a chance to get a picture with her :( she's too famous.. LOL

kfh_9118
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:09 AM
I did too :)

* Wynne (I spoke & took pics with her)
* Anna (got her autograph, but as u said, she's too famous to ask for a pics :()
* Martina Hingis
* Nicolas Kiefer

rhz
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:17 AM
ok i count Wynne as my fave too, i took pics with her, talk to her, got VIP pass from her in San Diego... hmmm what else?

Mattographer
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Only Sandrine Testud... oh, I forgetten that I already met Katrina Strebotnik and Tina Krizan. That's all!

SM
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Yeah ive met all my faves!

Monica - Adidas. Just asked for her autograph, thanked her and she said 'your welcome'. I was frozen in awe of thos lady to say anything else. :)

Jelena - she signed my autograph after her loss to ASV at Adidas 2000. She was nice and signed more than ASV did i think ;) esp. seeing she was playing in her local tourney.

Myskina - chatted with her at Olympics after she won her first round over Danilidou. I didnt think much of Eleni at that time, but Nastya was a star in the making. I told her i was 'amazed' at her backhand. She seemed really shy, but we still talked for a while and i took a pic with her. A few days later she called Elena.D over and introduced her to me. sweet :)

Evie - i said 'better luck next time' to her at the end of the fed cup in the 'gong'. I didnt say much else cos i had been watching the tennis with her sister Daniella a fair bit and was told Evie was upset...shows how much she cared :( andim sure it affected her results this season. However its GREAT that Evie is playing very well again in the ITF events in Aus :):):)!!!!!!!!! go evie

niratti
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:48 AM
I haven't met any!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I hope I'll meet them ALL at the Wimbledon 2003 :D

partyzantka
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:51 AM
yep, I've met Arantxa this year in Sopot. That was great feeling. I asked her for autograph, and photo. She said ok, just send me that. I said NO PROBLEM. *LOL*

DutchieGirl
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Yup! I've met Amanda and Patty a few times each. I have also met Sandrine, Domi van Roost, Jenn C, Tauziat, Surina de Beer...probably some others I forgot about!

cooolconchita
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
yep, i met conchi after her 1st round win against silvia faria 6/1 6/0 at wimbledon, asked for her autograph, she gave it, i told her it was a great match, she said "thanks, it was tougher than it looked you know' and laughed, she was great ;)

also got gregs autograph at wimbledon 97, really nice guy!

DiNaPic
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:20 AM
YES, I even had dinner with her .....

TS
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Well anabel I not only had dinner with mine but took her home too.

In all seriousness I have spoken to loads of players but mainly just 'well played' bad luck' etc....but Ive only ever chatted to a select few and the one that stands out happens to be one of my two biggest faves, Eleni Daniilidou. A gracious, humble person with a killer smile.

AaronJoyB
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:34 AM
STEFFI GRAF IN ROME 96
MIRJANA LUCIC IN ROME 98

I LOVE MY GIRLS!

caramel
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Not yet... maybe anytime soon. :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:18 PM
I've met too many :o ;)

Keith
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:41 PM
I met Jen...at the USO this year! It was so awesome, I was like JENNAFUH!!!!!!!

SHe was like.... WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?! Well, that was her look at first, but she was really nice....

bis2806
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:47 PM
lol@jenny fan.... well i'm hoping that i can meet lindsay some day but she seems to be low-profiled... so maybe i hope i can catch her at laguna beach or something and then i'll ask for a pic with her and her autograph ;) i'm really hoping it can happen soon... please please..... hehe...

if i could sleep with a player... that would be andy roddick :D lol

schris
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:52 PM
No I haven`t :sad:

Aloysius
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:06 PM
I've "crossed paths" with Martina Hingis, but I wouldn't say that I've met her. I got her autograph and that was about it. It was so cool. I stood there thinking, "Martina HINGIS is right in front of ME!" I got all excited, shook a little (starstruck) and then she walked away.

I've also been "stared down" by Jelena Dokic. I only wanted an autograph and to say hello. She gave me the autograph along with a "stare." I don't know what she was thinking. But I was definitely scared.

Haven't met Anna Kournikova... yet. Not likely that I ever will but you never know what the future brings. Never say never.

I've admired Kim Clijsters from a distance but that's about it. No, I wasn't stalking her. I was watching her practice. But I have this little evil plot to seduce her and make her leave Lleyton for me and then dump her by telling her I'm gay. I don't know why I'd want to do that since I have no ill will towards either Kim or Lleyton and don't even begrudge their relationship. Just my sick mind, I guess.

I've not met Francesca Schiavone. I'd like to but the language barrier might be a bit of a problem since Frankie doesn't have the strongest grasp in the world of the English language. I'll have to settle for a "Gidday, how ya doin', champ?"

Marinela? Heck, we met earlier this year. We're mates. We're on nickname basis. :)

goshka
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:13 PM
I've met Jennifer, she signed picture I took of her at Mahwah 2001, and she asked - "Is this Mahwah?", "Yes, it is", "Nice pictures!" Than we try to take picture together, but my $600 camera did not cooperate, and all I have now is my memories :)
I also spoke shortly with Stefano ;)

Eugene

http://images.fotki.com/v9/photos/2/22401/138673/P8220006a-or.jpg

Candy946
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:15 PM
Yes, met some of my faves!

So far, autographs from:

I met Serena at the Acura Classic last year after she was practicing with Venus on the side courts. :D

Anna K. at the same tournament last year (Autograph and a picture with her).

Daja Bedanova " "

Jelena Dokic " " :)

Kim Clijsters " " :D

Ai Sugiyama, Indian Wells and AC

Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, Indian Wells

Tim Henman, Indian Wells :D :D

Marat Safin, Indian Wells :hearts: :drool:

Anastasia Myskina, Indian Wells :)

Martina Navratilova, Indian Wells

Pam Shriver, LA Staples Center (Picture with her) :)

Patricia Tarabini, AC (pic w/her also) :)

Jana Kandaar, Inidan Wells

Meghann Shauneghssy, AC (pic w/her)

They were all nice.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:48 PM
I love telling this story because it was such a thrill...I stayed at the same Hotel as the players in New Haven 2000 and got off the elevator two hours before the semi between Venus and Coetzer and there Venus was in the empty lobby by herself talking on the phone. I was so nervous but I walked up to her and asked her to sign my BIG VENUS RULES sign and then had a conversation with her. I sounded like the only dork when I told her "6-0 6-0 tonight Venus" but she laughed. I could tell that she already had her game face on, she was so intense...

The next morning I met Monica in the lobby as we were both checking out and she stopped arguing with the desk about something on her bill long enough to take a nice pic with us. Also, Lisa and Stubbsy and Kim Po and Ai and Amanda and JHD and Vivi and Paola (the two sweetest cutiest things you ever did see)...

CB
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:56 PM
I've met many but the two most memorables experiences were with Anastasia Myskina, and believe, Top 300 Pedro Braga

I met Nastya this yr in Bahia. We first took a picture togehter, nothing serious... then in her SF match against Dokic I cheered a lot for her, spoke some English and Russian during the timeouts, and perhaps it stayed on her mind. At the end of the match I pumped fist, smiles and said: Well Done Nastya, marvelous play.. and she said thanks, a bit shy, and gave me the tourney towel :)

In the final against Daniilidou, she was losing, and I arrived, starting cheering back like I was in the semifinal and she won the match :o... she recongnised me and threw the towel again :) But other person took it before me, then she threw another... then it fell on the court... then she came again, really close to me, and gave it on my hands :eek: :hearts: :)

She's very sweet, I asked for a racquet but she only had 3 and couldn't give me.. :) Anyway I have this nice memory and I'm pretty sure that she will remember myself :)

But with Pedro, it was even better.

He's a Top 300 Brazilian player and he lost in the 3r qualy round against Ivo Heuberger at Bahia. He spent all week there and after the tournament, he was coming to my town, to play a tournament with some good prize money (almost a future). And we came on the same plane! So we started chatting ,etc, and I gave him a ride to the hotel cause the cab was very expensive, like 35 bucks... so I got quite friends with him, and at the club where the tournament was held I cheered for him, etc, it was pretty fun because after every game he came close to me and started chatting, just normal things, hehe. By the way, he won the tournament, 6-1 6-2 in the final against 304 ATP ranked.

Nowadays I still chat with Braga, I've got his email adress and he told me he's playing Futures in Mexico, he has played 3 in the last three weeks, won 1 and was runnerup twice, a pretty positive record. Now he is Top 250 and I believe that ifhe doesnt get injured he'll sure be Top 150 by Apr/Mar. And he's 27, late-boomer :eek:.

That was cool :D

Keith
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:38 PM
I met Bud Collins, too....

per4ever
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:43 PM
yeah I met juju :D

fleemke³
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Yess :D Juju @Rosmalen
and i slept in the players hotel in Antwerp so i had breakfast with .. Hantuchova, Dokic, Marrero, Clijsters, Kruger, Schnyder, .... I met Kim also later

In Rosmalen i had a little conversation with Dementieva, Maleeva, Marrero, Justine, Rochus, Van Houdt, ... :)

And i saw people playing in Antwerp, fed cups, Davis Cups and Rosmalen ;)

per4ever
Nov 14th, 2002, 04:09 PM
don't make me jealous fleem ;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 14th, 2002, 04:13 PM
I met Justine Henin at an autograph session at the US Open. I have a couple good pictures, but not scanned atm.

I got Ferrero's sig after a match in 2001 :hearts: I didn't say anything though I just drooled :)

anabel
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I met Conchita Martinez Arantxa Sanchez, Arancha Parra Ainhoa Goñi Vivi Ruano & Cristina Torrens, im wishing to meet Marta & Mariajo...

Luna_Angel_84
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Nope, never have done but am hoping to give Jen's butt a good squeeze at Wimbly next year. :p

Venus Forever
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Well, I saw Venus and Serena play live at this year's US Open, but I didn't meet them personally.:sad:

Isha312
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:34 PM
I actually "discovered" 2 of my "other" favorites in person. I was a ballperson at the Nasdaq-100 open and i was on court with Anastasia Myskina on my second day, at first i didnt like her that much cuz i was new to the whole ballperson thing and she was the first player to hand me thier towel (believe me NOT a good feeling when u get it and the player has just wiped themselves off, its all wet and stuff....*shudders at memory*) but after a while i realized that she was really nice and started rooting for her, i've been a fan since then.

I was also on court with Nathalie Dechy who was extra nice, it was a doubles match and her and her partner were having a pretty funny conversation about thier opponents. I'm aiming for Jennifer's court next year!

AgassiGirl16
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone,
I met Corina Morariu and Mark Philippoussis this summer at World Team Tennis. They were both really nice. I talked to Mark for just a few minutes, but I talked to Corina several times, and gave her a letter. She is such a sweethart!

Corina is my favorite player, but I also like Martina and Jenn, and I havent met either of them. I wrote Martina a letter though, and she sent me an autograph.

I love Andre, I haven't met him, but I hope to soon.

I'll post pictures of me and Corina and me and Mark soon.

Mary Kate

Andre@
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:42 PM
I met Martina in 1999(USA) and twice in 2000 (Brazil and USA)
and she signed a picture for me.

I met Guga in 1999 (USA) and 2002 in the same plane as me and we were at the airport he signed a big ball for my little niece.

fleemke³
Nov 14th, 2002, 07:46 PM
oh .. i met Filip Dewulf ... ok I see him every week :) He lives in my town and we have common friends ;)

TeNnIsFaN
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:34 PM
July 17, 2002...The greatest day of my life! The day I met my idol...Jennifer Capriati!
I still remember every single second of it...It was at Saddlebrook because I went there this summer for two weeks. It was absolutly amazing...Anyways, I was walking with some of my friends near the fitness center, and I heard some people talking behind us and I thought to myself "Damn, that sounds a lot like Jennifer" And I turned around, and guess who it was..Jennifer walking less then 3 ft. behind me. When I saw her there, I just turned to see who it was and I said "Holy shit!" And I said it pretty loud, but she didn't hear, just my friends did. What really pissed me off was when I said that Jennifer Capriati was walking right behind us, they just asked who that was...Heh. Anyways I ran to my room to get a sharpie and I waited outside the fitness room, and trust me I would have waited there for like 5 hours for her to get out, but we had to go play tennis at 1:00 and it was already like 12:30..And my friends just walked in the fitness room while Jennifer was having a break and we all got her to sign our hats. I was so shocked when she was signing them...I mean, my jaw was wide open...Heh. Gosh that was the greatest time day of my life.
After that day, I just saw her everywhere! And after the first 5 times I would watch her practice, it just became a daily thing and I wasn't as shocked anymore, but it was still so amazing just to watch her practice.
I actually got a picture with her too, but right now, the disspossable camera is in the Saddlebrook lost and found..Heh. Well, I think. I would still LOVE to have tha tpicture, but I am stil gratefull I got to meet her, picture or no picture. And what I am really happy about is that one day after she just practised she walked to the fittness room and she left her water bottle and towels on the chairs by the courts...so I went in the court and got a tennis ball and her water bottle. Heh, it still has half of the water in it, too. And I got another autograph, too. It has her signature and James Blakes, too. He was on one of the courts next to hers, so I just got him to sign it too.
Anyways, that's my story of meeting my favorite..

per4ever
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by fleemke²
oh .. i met Filip Dewulf ... ok I see him every week :) He lives in my town and we have common friends ;)

damn you're bad at listening :p

Oizo
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:50 PM
I haven´t met many, but still:

I have met Lindsay in Munich 2001, when she gave an autograph hour for the fans. I let her sign the ball that I luckily catched when she trained with her coach...and because no one noticed, I didn´t give the ball back...:o
Same place I met Anke after her last match, and after she came out of the interview-room. I let her sign a postcard on my palm...LOL!
Then in Filderstadt this year I met again Lindsay and let her sign her picture with the yellow Porsche win of last year. :D
So I got two autographs from Lindsay.
Then I wanted one from Daniela Hantuchova, but after the interview she went too quickly away and I was too late...:sad: I only saw myself on the videotape how I stood behind her when she answered the interview-questions...lol. :cool:

Ohh, and in Munich I got autographs from Lisa Raymond and R. Stubbs. :)
That´s it (Except if you count one of Laura Ceccarelli, my favourite umpire, who looked like I would have fallen from the sky when I asked her for a signature....LOL! :D

:wavey:

Keith
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Isnt it weird....I played a video game with Tim Henman and it was cool, but I wasnt so pumped...But meeting your fave is like the ultimate!!!! I could not speak when I met Jen. literally, after screaming her name at her, I was speechless :) I wonder if the pros know that they are your FAVE, or just a famous player, to say that you met them...

TennisFan75
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:08 PM
I used to go to the US Open alot with my dad, I loved roaming the grounds.

Best day ever was 1992, first round.. My favorite Ann Grossman (now Ann Wunderlich) upset Conchita Martinez in the first round! It was a fun 3 set match and the croud was hooting and hollering for Ann. She signed a bunch of autographs after and chatted with a bunch of us. I was able to meet here in 93 and 94 at the open also. She was pretty fiery on the court, but very pleasant in person. I took about an entire role of film of Ann during that conchita match!

I also got to chat with Pam Shriver at the pratice courts. Then sat down to watch her match with Amy Frazier and ended up sitting next to Besty Naglesen.. she was cool, signed and autograhph and talked about playing at the open and the pam/amy match.

Walking the grounds at the open is a blast.. I was able to get autographs or up close photos of alot of the players, Mary Joe Fernandez, Helena Sukova, Judith Weisner, Barbara Rittner, Gigi Fernandez, Anke Huber, Amy Frazier, Debbie Graham, Zina Garrison, Natasha Zvereva, Gabriela Sabatini, Manuela Maleeva (pushing here baby!) Stefan Edberg, Richard Kraijeck, Silvia Farina, Boris Becker and Steffi Graf... good times!

I love the Open! went from 91-94

Jay :D

anabel
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Iva's #1 Fan
Well anabel I not only had dinner with mine but took her home too.

In all seriousness I have spoken to loads of players but mainly just 'well played' bad luck' etc....but Ive only ever chatted to a select few and the one that stands out happens to be one of my two biggest faves, Eleni Daniilidou. A gracious, humble person with a killer smile.

Roftlmao. I had not seen this 1st... Not every poster in this board with a spanish flag has to be anabel... You got confussed, that post was made by dnadd lol. I never had dinner with any of my faves, unfortunately ;). Actually i had lunch with Nina Dübbers, but she is not in my top faves group. (Although she is my fave non-spaniard now)

Caz
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Ozio - (Except if you count one of Laura Ceccarelli, my favourite umpire, who looked like I would have fallen from the sky when I asked her for a signature....LOL!

You should have been there at Wimbledon this year when we asked Laura if we could have a picture with her!!! rotfl!!! I was looking straight at her saying, "Excuse-me! Hi!" etc. trying to attract her attention, and she was just staring right through me, so I ended up just looking right into her eyes and saying, "Laura!!!"

She looked round at us, really surprised and said, "Yes?!?!" and we asked for the photo with her. She looked *really* confused for a few minutes then said, "You want me to take a picture *of* you?!?!" and we were like, ""no, no, we want you *in* the picture!" and she gave us a huge smile and agreed!!! She was *so* sweet!! I think we made that womans year, (and also Donna Butler's, when we asked her the same thing a little later!!!;)

As for tennis players, I've met Arantxa, Magüi and Patricia Tarabini, (all of whom are lovely people), many times. I've also kinda of met Vivi several times...in that I haven't really spoken to her much but I've been standing with people who have been chatting to her. She's really sweet! :D

I *have* briefly met Conchita, but I have to say that I know her family a lot better than her!! Her parents are the lovliest people. I met them at Roland Garros 2000 and they came up to me at Roland Garros last year, (while I was rushing between oustide courts), and started a conversation with me!! I still can't get over the fact they recognised me!! ;)

Oh, and I almost forgot, I also met Nathalie Tauziat at Birmingham and Wimbledon this year. In Birmingham she signed my copy of her book, smiled at me and asked if I could read French and at Wimbledon I just gave her a note from some of her German fans.

I've had some embarrassing "incidents" around other players, but I don't very often approach players, so I think those are all the players I've actually spoken to!

Oizo
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:40 PM
LOL Caz, cool :) I can imagine her look. She`s so sweet. :D

:wavey:

Caz
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Ozio - It was a classic!!! She was so lovely!!! ;) Unfortunately, the guy who took the photo didn't know how to work a camera and messed it up, so the photo never came out....still, that just means we'll have to ask her for another photo next time we see her!!! lol!!! ;)

AgassiGirl16
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone, Here is me and Corina Morariu..

Mary Kate

AgassiGirl16
Nov 14th, 2002, 11:35 PM
Me and Mark Philippoussis.

Mary Kate

Keith
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:12 AM
I dont know if It worked earlier....here is me and Bud Collins!

AgassiGirl16
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Jenny fan, your cute!

Keith
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:33 AM
Thanks Agassi girl...I was admiring your pictures just a little while ago!

TeNnIsFaN
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:48 AM
Wow, Jenny Fan...You are very cute!

Irish
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Met my...

2nd - Daniela Hantuchova (her mom took our picture together)
3rd - Anastasia Myskina
4th - Anne Kremer

All very sweet. :)

tennisvideos
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:53 AM
I have met many of the oldies LOL - King, Casals, Durr, Wade, Stove, Richey, Court, Bueno, Turnbull, Rosewall, Newcombe, Roche, Laver. Oh, and I met Teddy Tinling as well before he left us for Tennis Heaven (no doubt he is playing with Suzanne Lenglen, Wills & Connolly up there now!)

Have had dinner with Frankie Durr a few times & took her to the movies and even hit with her at the Aussie Open! That was my biggest thrill as she is my idol.

From the recent crop I've met Rafter, Philippoussis and the Williams Sisters. Got some pics with them. But the oldies are much friendlier - obviously they don't have as many fans teeming after them. LOL.

TS
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by anabel

Roftlmao. I had not seen this 1st... Not every poster in this board with a spanish flag has to be anabel... You got confussed, that post was made by dnadd lol. I never had dinner with any of my faves, unfortunately ;). Actually i had lunch with Nina Dübbers, but she is not in my top faves group. (Although she is my fave non-spaniard now)

Oops :o LOL!

ivka
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Yes, I met some players in person.

My biggest dream came true when I saw Jennifer Capriati, just few centimeters from me. And the next day, I spoke to her for a while. She was so nice. she signed me an autograph and I gave her the letter with my Jennifer Capriati website www.capriati.host.sk (http://www.capriati.host.sk). That was the big day for me.

I met also Daniela Hantuchova few times. I saw her and spoke to her in my and her hometown Bratislava when she was trainning for Fed Cup. And I had meeting with her in Filderstadt, where i took few photos with her. she was also very nice.

I saw some others players. You can read all on my Jennifer=s website by clicking the Reportage from Filderstadt. enjoy it.

best regards
IVKA

Jennifer Capriati website (http://www.capriati.host.sk)
Fed Cup website (http://www.fedcup.host.sk)

anton
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:39 AM
i never met steffi or venus yet. i met jmg a few times.
i am currently stalking venus so check back soon.

niratti
Nov 15th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Freethinker82
I love telling this story because it was such a thrill...I stayed at the same Hotel as the players in New Haven 2000 and got off the elevator two hours before the semi between Venus and Coetzer and there Venus was in the empty lobby by herself talking on the phone. I was so nervous but I walked up to her and asked her to sign my BIG VENUS RULES sign and then had a conversation with her. I sounded like the only dork when I told her "6-0 6-0 tonight Venus" but she laughed. I could tell that she already had her game face on, she was so intense...

The next morning I met Monica in the lobby as we were both checking out and she stopped arguing with the desk about something on her bill long enough to take a nice pic with us. Also, Lisa and Stubbsy and Kim Po and Ai and Amanda and JHD and Vivi and Paola (the two sweetest cutiest things you ever did see)...

Freethinker82, are you a big black girl (no offensive intention) with the red(think it`s red) shirt `Venus Rules` at the US Open?

SM
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Patricia Wartusch and myself...even tho i didnt even know who she was b4 the aus. open player party! ;)

my pic with Nastya is framed in the living room :drool:

bis2806
Nov 15th, 2002, 12:36 PM
hey steve (SM).... that's a very cool pic... and u look hot :P

jennyfan u're look cute in that pic.. hehehhe....

Aloysius
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Jenny Fan, you're cute in that pic. You look about 15 there. But why are you and Bud in the corner of the pic? Is it a partial scan of the original pic, or is that how the pic turned out?

Keith
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the compliments. That was taken at the RCA tourney this summer. My friend took the picture as Bud was walking, so it was a quick picture! I have another of myself, Bud and my friend.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by niratti

Freethinker82, are you a big black girl (no offensive intention) with the red(think it`s red) shirt `Venus Rules` at the US Open?

:o :o

I happened to be a very attactive well built BLACK MAN...:o

Brαm
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I saw the Els CALLENS - Justine HENIN 2nd round match in Antwerp live, so I saw 2 of my faves there :)

I saw Leslie BUTKIEWICZ this summer & asked her autograph (man! she was so surprised that someone actually cared for her lol! )

Let's hope I'll see my TOP favourite Kim CLIJSTERS next year in Antwerp :)

AgassiGirl16
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Hey Jenny fan,
Thanks! Both of those pictures of me are absolutely horrible! How old are you anyway? Do you have AIM, AOL, or Msn?

Mary Kate

marsha
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:44 AM
I have met Arantxa a few times, but this is one of my favorite encounters (and just points out what a "dorky fan" I am!)

For the 2000 Fed Cup, my sister and I were have breakfast at the hotel where the matches were being held. It was a buffet, and as we were coming in, I saw Conchita and Magui just leaving, so I assumed we had missed the Spanish team. So I was standing in front of the apples, trying to ascertain which one I felt might be the juiciest, when -- voila! There was Arantxa! And do you know what witty bonmots were able to escape my lips?

"Oh, look!" I said, with a shiny red apple in my hand, "I have fruit!" Ever the diplomat, Arantxa simply picked up another apple and said, "Me, too!" -- I think I am still blushing from this exchange -- what a dork I was! [good news was that by the last time I saw her, 2002 US Open, I was actually able to talk to her like an "almost" normal person -- bad news is, now that she has retired, I'm sure I will never get to speak with her again :sad: ]

Zamboni
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:56 AM
I've seen many of my favs play, asked some for their autographs, but I don't know if you can call that "meet" them ;)

Tommy Robredo became my favourite when I met him ;) I saw him play a great match in Rosmalen last year, when I started to like him, and this year I saw him again, I asked him for his autograph, and I got a picture with him :hearts:

Caz
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:06 PM
lol @ Marsha!!

Oh and I forgot to include the embarrassing moment when I was forced to be a translator for one of my Spanish friends and translate to Lisa Raymond that my friend wanted to know if she could have one of her caps, (it's a loooooong story), but Lisa still hasn't given her one!

I did meet Martina Navratilova once, (another loooong story!) I was with one of my friends at Eastbourne, (it was when Martina was playing there with Mariaan de Swardt), and she met up with some of her friends who were from South Africa. They met Mariaan de Swardt and she subsequently gave us all tickets into the players lounge. Well, we were sitting around a table there and Martina walked in and sat at the next table....after a while of no-one being introduced to her, she decided to join in the conversation and introduce herself to us all!! lol!! Given that Martina N. is like my all-time fave player, I don't think I'll ever forget the moment she shook my hand and said, "Hi, I'm Martina!!" rotfl!! I think I was hyper-ventillating whilst introducing myself to her!! ;)

A similar thing had happened with Gigi Fernandez at Roland Garros 2000, but I was never a great fan of hers, so I managed to remain much cooler when that happened!!

One last time when I player has kind of introduced themselves to me....at Roland Garros 2001 my friends had met and had photo's with Nuria LLagostera. One day at Wimbledon 2001, I was walking with one of these friends to Arantxa's 1st round match, to get there we had to pass the players area, and as we did Nuria was just coming out to play a match. She saw us and came over and said hello and told us she was just going to pay her match and what court they'd changed it to. "Were you on your way to watch me?!?" she asked, "Well, errrm, yeah!" we politely replied and walked with her to her match, (during which she tried to persuade us to go to the US Open!), and ended up watching that instead of Arantxa's match!! ;) Nuria's very sweet though!!

SM
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:27 PM
"Oh, look!" I said, with a shiny red apple in my hand, "I have fruit!" Ever the diplomat, Arantxa simply picked up another apple and said, "Me, too!"

u made me literally LOL :)

Hidden Stillness
Nov 16th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Wow, I'm going to have to remember that one, if I'm ever stuck for something to say. I can imagine it now: Meeting Jana Novotna, and "Look--I have fruit!" Novotna: "Security!"