PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open: Singles R2 lost vs. Ivanovic[21] + Lost Doubles R1

Elwin.
Jan 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Draw coming up in a few hours :worship:
Let's hope for a kind draw

Elwin.
Jan 12th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Misa's section:

Singles:
[15] PAVLYUCHENKOVA, Anastasia RUS v ZAKOPALOVA, Klara CZE
BONDARENKO, Kateryna UKR v KING, Vania USA
BARROIS, Kristina GER v KRAJICEK, Michaella NED
DOMINGUEZ LINO, Lourdes ESP v [21] IVANOVIC, Ana SRB

Doubles:
Kveta Peschke CZE (1) / Katarina Srebotnik SLO (1) v Angelique Kerber GER / Christina McHale USA
Bojana Jovanovski SRB / Michaella Krajicek NED v Ekaterina Makarova RUS / Alla Kudryavtseva RUS
Polona Hercog SLO / Jie Zheng CHN v Mathilde Johansson FRA / Pauline Parmentier FRA
Sofia Arvidsson SWE / Johanna Larsson SWE v Vera Dushevina RUS (16) / Shahar Peer ISR (16)

Andiyan
Jan 13th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Ideal draw. She should beat Barrois. And then Ana Ivajdevic :rolls:

Sasja
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Ideal draw. She should beat Barrois. And then Ana Ivajdevic :rolls:

That's a nice draw. That would be awesome :oh:

chantie
Jan 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
GL Misa:angel:

Elwin.
Jan 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Misa virtually at #83 :)

And she plays on Tuesday

MarkNL
Jan 13th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Against Barrois is a fantastic draw! :D Barrois is in a slump and Misa has the qualities to beat her! :)

She is down 1-2 in the H2H but that doesn't say anything, their last meeting was 3 years ago. Misa was at a whole different level back then.

Dorien.
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Good luck :rocker: She should win indeed ;)

Elwin.
Jan 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Kveta Peschke CZE (1) / Katarina Srebotnik SLO (1) v Angelique Kerber GER / Christina McHale USA
Bojana Jovanovski SRB / Michaella Krajicek NED v Ekaterina Makarova RUS / Alla Kudryavtseva RUS
Polona Hercog SLO / Jie Zheng CHN v Mathilde Johansson FRA / Pauline Parmentier FRA
Sofia Arvidsson SWE / Johanna Larsson SWE v Vera Dushevina RUS (16) / Shahar Peer ISR (16)

Misa is playing doubles with BoJo. Not expecting big things, because BoJo isn't a good doubles player.
Ekat and Alla are both good doubles players, so it will be a tough match.

Elwin.
Jan 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Preview: Michaella Krajicek vs. Kristina Barrois

Who is Kristina Barrois?

Barrois is from Germany and she’s 30 years old. At this moment she’s #89 on the WTA ranking. Last year in May she reached her highest ranking ever of #57. Her favourite surface is HC. Last year she reached the 2nd round of the Australian Open. In all the other grand slams, she lost in the first round.

The highlights of her 2011 season are: the final at WTA Estoril, a QF at WTA Stuttgart (both on clay) and the 2nd round at the Australian Open and WTA Paris. Her 2nd half of the year was pretty poor. She went on a slump at the ITF circuit in the Fall.

Barrois is known for her big service! She hits it really hard and it has good placement. She hits her backhand single handed and she has a great backhand slice, it stays really low. She can set up with her forehand for big shots, if her 1st service goes in. Her movement isn’t that well, but she can defend well with her backhand slice. Her net game doesn’t really stand out.

Barrois started this season in Auckland (qualifying), where she lost against Nara [#145]. In Hobart she reached the final qualifying round, but she lost against Watson[#106] in 3 sets. Eventually she got picked up as a ‘lucky loser’ but she lost her first round against ‘Aussie’ Sacha Jones [#272]

Barrois leads the H2H 2-1. The last time they played against each other, was in 2009. So that’s some years ago.

Misa can expect a tough match. Barrois has a tricky game and a big service. If Misa is able to return Barrois service, than she has a good chance.
http://misakrajicek.tumblr.com/post/15880750445/preview-michaella-krajicek-vs-kristina-barrois

MarkNL
Jan 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Misa (and Arantxa) were on the NOS just a minute ago. misa talked about her coach and the changes he made. She also said something about her R1 match, She said that Barrois has a good serve and uses a lot of slice. She said it would be in particular hard to play against the slice with the wind going on in Melbourne. Daniilidou's game is comparable to the game of Barrois so she knew what to expect. Anyhow she expects a tough match and hopes to come through :)

Elwin.
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Misa (and Arantxa) were on the NOS just a minute ago. misa talked about her coach and the changes he made. She also said something about her R1 match, She said that Barrois has a good serve and uses a lot of slice. She said it would be in particular hard to play against the slice with the wind going on in Melbourne. Daniilidou's game is comparable to the game of Barrois so she knew what to expect. Anyhow she expects a tough match and hopes to come through :)

http://nos.nl/video/330970-laatste-training-krajicek-en-rus.html

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Misa down 1-2*
Had a BP in the 2nd game

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:26 AM
4-3* up now :) she was 1-3 down

Sasja
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Misa wins the 1st set 6-3 :)

Keep it up :cheer:

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:37 AM
come on Misa!! 5 games in a row

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM
*2-1 up in the 2nd set :)

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:28 AM
tiebreak!
3-0 up!

Sasja
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
4-0* up
just a few more points Misa. Really don't want a 3rd set :scared:

Sasja
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:35 AM
*5-4 in the TB :scared:

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
6-6 now :hysteric:

Sasja
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:46 AM
10-10 :hysteric: :scared: x6876165464

Sasja
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Please finish it Misa. I'm allready running 20 minutes late :sobbing:

Sasja
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Thank you Misa :lol:

Misa wins 6-3 7-6 (13) :woohoo:
So glad it wasn't a 3rd set. God knows what would have happened there :lol:

Sasja
Please finish it Misa. I'm allready running 20 minutes late :sobbing:

Maybe I should have said that earlier :scratch: :sobbing:

Elwin.
she did it :hysteric: 15-13 in the tiebreak :tears:

63/76(13) THANK GOD :banana:

Stimpy
Jan 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Such an intense tiebreak, I forgot it was the second set... I can just imagine what a third would have been like.

Okay, time to go see who she's playing next.

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:14 PM
http://nos.nl/video/331455-australian-open-krajicekbarrois.html

http://nos.nl/video/331354-krajicek-na-zege-in-eerste-ronde.html

MarkNL
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Misa! :D

Great win, and great fighting in that tiebreak! 5 SP's saved :worship:

Mentally everything is there. :) She could do a bit better on serve, 6 df's and 2 aces, 44% first serves.

But still, great win! Really looking forward to her clash with Ivanovic, so curious to see what the scoreline will be :)

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Misa! :D

Great win, and great fighting in that tiebreak! 5 SP's saved :worship:

Mentally everything is there. :) She could do a bit better on serve, 6 df's and 2 aces, 44% first serves.

But still, great win! Really looking forward to her clash with Ivanovic, so curious to see what the scoreline will be :)
Her first service percentage was really bad, but Misa said that she still needs some rhythm on her service. They changed her service a few weeks ago. I think that explains alot :)

But indeed, nothing to lose against Ivanovic. Ana played pretty well against LDL, let's hope Misa can win more games than LDL :lol:

jasonbloom
Jan 17th, 2012, 03:51 PM
She changed her service? Did she have any changes apart from that? I really think her forehand can be a lot better.
The next match must be on show court, I hope someone can record it...

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 04:52 PM
She changed her service? Did she have any change apart from that? I really think her forehand can be a lot better.
The next match must on show court, I hope someone can record it...
Yeah they changed her service motion a bit.
The biggest change was actually made on her FH. She used to have a huge backswing, it's now alot shorter.

Here's a vid of her match. You can see some differences
kDyfTPhT32Q
from 1.14

MarkNL
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM
:eek:

Ivanovic just did an interview at Game,Set and Mats and said: I've actually never played her before. :confused:

They played twice in 2006? :shrug:

Elwin.
Jan 17th, 2012, 06:32 PM
:eek:

Ivanovic just did an interview at Game,Set and Mats and said: I've actually never played her before. :confused:

They played twice in 2006? :shrug:

Ana has a short term memory? :oh:
Not weird that she forgot it though

Dorien.
Jan 17th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Well done Misa :cheer:

MarkNL
Jan 18th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Misa lost in doubles, 6-7(1) 6-4 3-6.

Bojo and Misa squandered a setpoint in the first set. :shrug:

Singles is more important though, And Misa will play at 1 AM CET against Ivanovic on Hisense Arena! :D

Definitely will follow it, I hope Eurosport will broadcast it :)

Elwin.
Jan 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I think Misa and BoJo did fairly well. Better than i expected.. First time they played doubles together and Ekaterina/Alla are good doubles players and play together very often. Too bad they lost though :tears:

Hopefully ES will broadcast it. Sharapova is playing at the same time though, so they may broadcast her :o But otherwise there are still plenty of livestreams :) Very glad it's the first match, still a 'reasonable' time for us :lol:

jasonbloom
Jan 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah they changed her service motion a bit.
The biggest change was actually made on her FH. She used to have a huge backswing, it's now alot shorter.

So happy she finally have a real coach to help her improve her technique.
Just saw a little from the short video, she seems to need more time for the chance but it is a good start.

MarkNL
Jan 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I think Misa and BoJo did fairly well. Better than i expected.. First time they played doubles together and Ekaterina/Alla are good doubles players and play together very often. Too bad they lost though :tears:

Hopefully ES will broadcast it. Sharapova is playing at the same time though, so they may broadcast her :o But otherwise there are still plenty of livestreams :) Very glad it's the first match, still a 'reasonable' time for us :lol:
You can also watch on ES2! I have the ES Player on my iPad, so I'll stay in bed and watch from there. If it isn't broadcasted on ES or ES2 (Which I would find pretty strange, I'll get my computer to catch a livestream. I don't want to miss it! :D)

Elwin.
Jan 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
You can also watch on ES2! I have the ES Player on my iPad, so I'll stay in bed and watch from there. If it isn't broadcasted on ES or ES2 (Which I would find pretty strange, I'll get my computer to catch a livestream. I don't want to miss it! :D)
Oh, that's cool :D I don't have ES2, but it definetly will be broadcasted on ES. Hopefully on ES international and otherwise i indeed will get on the pc and watch it on the livestream.
God, i'm just so excited :hysteric: How often can we see Misa play 'live' ? :tears:
I don't expect her to win against Ana, but i really hope she can play well. She was terrible against Serena :o

MarkNL
Jan 19th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Omg I missed the match, can you believe it. :sobbing:

I set my alarm, but for some reason I woke up 3 hours late to see that it was turned off? :shrug:

Anyway, Ivanovic def. Krajicek. 6-2 6-3 :hug:

Andiyan
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:03 AM
This match was hardly worth waking up for :hug:

Well, she did what she had to do here. Win a round. No harm done I guess. Could pair up with a better doubles partner next time :oh:

Sasja
Jan 19th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Misa :hug:

Expected loss. But some nice ranking points for reaching R2 here :)

MarkNL
Jan 19th, 2012, 10:02 AM
No shame to lose to Ivanovic. She still needs to get more Rhythm in her serve and also on her strokes but she can only go up from here. :)
Next tournament is the Fed Cup. Fed Cup doesn't count for the ranking right?

Sasja
Jan 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
No shame to lose to Ivanovic. She still needs to get more Rhythm in her serve and also on her strokes but she can only go up from here. :)
Next tournament is the Fed Cup. Fed Cup doesn't count for the ranking right?

Nope, it doesn't count.

Sasja
Jan 19th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Misa told she was very nervous for this match. She hasn't played a lot of these big matches (only Serena at the USO). She said she needs to play more of these matches, but this time the nerves got the better of her.

:hug:

MarkNL
Jan 19th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Nope, it doesn't count.
Well, it's a good way for Misa to get some wins and matches under her belt, hopefully than she will improve on her new in-game adjustments and this will help her further on in the year :)

jasonbloom
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM
She still need to work hard on her strokes which is still inconsistent, not fluent and not powerful at all. R2 is not a bad result, keep going and better result will come.

Sasja
Jan 19th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Well, it's a good way for Misa to get some wins and matches under her belt, hopefully than she will improve on her new in-game adjustments and this will help her further on in the year :)

Yeah, I agree. It is a good practice :) They did really well last year.

Elwin.
Jan 19th, 2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=20783737&postcount=38
Let's hand out bad-reps :oh: What an idiot

Elwin.
Jan 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Misa :hug: Just too inconsistent.
Little improvement with her strokes, but baby steps i guess. Still needs lots of work.
Despite being really inconsistent, Misa showed some good tennis.

Good tournament :yeah:

Dorien.
Jan 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM

hellas719
Jan 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Good job reaching R2 :yeah: