PDA

View Full Version : Latest News from Anna K herself!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:17 AM
This is from kournikova.com...Anna wrote it...

Hey, everybody -

I wanted to write and let you know that my ankle injury is healing well. I'm back on court now, practicing with my coach. It was really disappointing to miss the last few tournaments of the season, but it was important for me to follow my doctor's orders and take care of my injury. I'm feeling great and making good progress, so I expect to be ready to play the four exhibitions that I have scheduled in December.

My first stop will be Zaragosa, Spain on December 1st, where I'll be playing against Conchita Martinez.

From there, I'm off to Dublin, Ireland on December 4th and 5th for a special festival of tennis, fashion and music at the RDS Simmonscourt Arena. The fashion show and concerts will benefit The Chernobyl Children's Project.

Then I'll be back in the States for the first-ever 'Tennis Challenge" against Monica at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota on Saturday, December 14th.

I'll be playing another inaugural exhibition match against Monica the following night, Sunday, December 15th. This one will be in Canada . . . in Winnipeg at the Winnipeg Arena.

I've never competed in any of these cities before, so I'm really looking forward to having the opportunity to visit and to play for the fans. I'm excited about all four events and hope that you'll have the chance to come out and enjoy the tennis, if you happen to live nearby . . . or even if you don't. Hope to see you there!

I really appreciate all your E-mail messages. Thanks for writing and please stay in touch!

Nov 14th, 2002, 01:20 AM
Will Anna and Martina play doubles @ the Australian Open?

Berlin_Calling
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:41 AM
I love Anna :hearts: :hearts:

CanadianBoy21
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:59 AM
that was nice of her.

"I'm excited about all four events and hope that you'll have the chance to come out and enjoy the tennis, if you happen to live nearby . . . or even if you don't. Hope to see you there!"

LOL, Anna, not everyone has money to travel around the world to see u play, hehe.

Hope she wins tournIES next year.

niratti
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:57 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

~RedRose~
Nov 14th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Ohhh ... fashion shows in Dublin!!! Hope The 3 beautys (Anna, Dani & Jelena) all go in!! :) (and they r all in the European team!! GO TEAM EUROPE!!)

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:03 PM
great news Anna :D

King Aaron
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:34 PM
that was nice of her :)