PDA

View Full Version : Kim Needs To STOP THIS...!!!!!!!!

CanadianBoy21
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:15 AM
I hope she stops doing splits!!!!!!!!

I get so scared for her... she is my third fave, Venus, Serena, and then Kim.
She better not get injured, because the only matches that are interesting are Kim against Williams and Jenn against Serena.

Hurley
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Agreed!

"Topaz"
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:22 AM
Scary stuff! That appears to be her trademark!

Hawk
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:26 AM
It defies nature! :eek:

Serendy Willick
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:28 AM
The triple split she did when Serena was hittting the ball in the right corner of the court was CRAZY!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:45 AM
i agree about the splits...but those matches you mentiooned are not the only good ones on tour...

Venus Forever
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:53 AM
I definitely think that one day she will definitely hurt herself. She's got to tone it down a little.

vs1
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Yeah, she loves sliding. I saw her play Venus at the Stanford Finals and she was sliding all over the play from side to side. No splits though. But I agree. I don't want her to injure herself. When she did her first split on Monday night against Serena, the crowd around me gasped in fear. But then she recovered...only to do another one! Luckily, she didn't injure herself. I wish I was that nimble!!!! Be careful Kim!

Berlin_Calling
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:04 AM
I know, those splits definitely are dangerous but for some reason, I love watching them :o :rolleyes: It shows suck athleticism but is still very dangerous.

barmaid
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:13 AM
Kim is the most agile of any of the WTA players and her agility comes natural....she is the daughter of a father who was a champion soccer player and a mother who is a gymnast (and taught it as well) so her "genes" have given her a very athletic and supple body......so "split away" Kim....you've got the goods!!:bounce:

barmaid:wavey:

Nov 14th, 2002, 02:04 AM
I'm fine with it as long as she doesn't do it in hot weather. She said she burnt her toe earlier this year when the court was hot

Lisbeth
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Yep, it is kind of scary but she seems to manage it somehow.

angele87
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Well i think it's really nice to watch but even though she's done it a million times before and never gotten injured, I cringe everytime I see her do it :(

CanadianBoy21
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:34 AM
barmaid, it's not all in the genes.
She can slip and twist her ankle, like she almost did in the finals, she was so close to injuring herself.
I don't know why she does them in the first place, she could hit a running forehand down the line, a lob, or running slice...she has a lot of options. She has a lot of options.
I remember a time when Serena used to do them every now and then, she can do it as well as kim, a whole split, but she doesn't do it anymore, wich is good, hope Kim stops it.
She pulls a muscle and she is out of the match, and maybe next tourny, she twists her ankle or breaks it, she can be out for a long long time, just ask Martina Hingis.
Be careful Kimmy

selesrules
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:49 AM
She's been doing it her whole life, she's used to it and she'll be okay. It's like telling a gymnast to not jump in the air because it's dangerous, but the fact is for you it's dangerous but not for them because they have done it forever...

joao
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Kim is the only player able to slide on hardcourts (incredible but true), claycourts and grasscourts

Master Lu
Nov 14th, 2002, 05:54 AM
Kim said in a recent interview (post LA final, I think) that she is not aware of the splits while she's is doing them. She is not trying to do them, it just comes naturally to her. I run to get to the ball, she runs then slides to get to it. I don' think about whether I'm running - I'm thinking about the ball. Likewise she's not thinking about sliding...

Mercury Rising
Nov 14th, 2002, 10:19 AM
I'm used to them, I always think it's funny how people look scared when she does that, they should be in awe! :D
You cant' say she has to stop it, cause it's natural and I don't think she can return some balls without doing it.