PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson fans are suing Conrad Murray for ‘emotional damage’

it-girl
Jan 10th, 2012, 07:11 AM
This is too funny. First of all I am one of the biggest Michael Jackson fans in the world. I love Michael Jackson. But I have never heard of anything like this in regards to a celebrity death. Then again Michael was always a trend setter. Just like I never heard of people committing suicide over a celebrities death until Michael died. I wonder how many more fans will come forward because of this lawsuit. I miss Michael and am very sad that he is gone but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Here's the article:

Michael Jackson fans are suing Conrad Murray for ‘emotional damage’

Apparently, jail time just isn’t enough justice for Michael Jackson fans. A group of 100 fans in France are suing Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, for the emotional damage they suffered over the pop star’s death. Members of the “Michael Jackson Community” have hired lawyer Emmanuel Ludot to file the lawsuit which could award each fan up to 10,000 euros (US$13,000).

“It’s similar to losing a childhood friend in a traffic accident. Because this death affects you, you have the possibility to file a suit and seek compensation,” Ludot told AFP.
Jackson died on June 25, 2009 at his Los Angeles home after overdosing on anaesthetic propofol. Murray, who was hired to look after Jackson as he prepared for his “This is It” comeback tour, administrated the fatal dose. Last November, he was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and was sentenced to four years in prison.
The case of the emotionally damaged fans against Murray will be heard in Orleans, France on April 11.

Here's the link:
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/01/09/michael-jackson-fans-are-suing-conrad-murray-for-emotional-damage/

What do you all think about this?

Betten
Jan 10th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Just like I never heard of people committing suicide over a celebrities death until Michael died.

Really? People committing suicide after a star's death is, like, mandatory. Ever heard of Kurt Cobain?

As for the lawsuit, it's totally ridiculous of course.

matthias
Jan 10th, 2012, 11:28 AM
:facepalm:
people need to get a life

pov
Jan 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Some people are taking the victim role to new - and ridiculous - heights.

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
It looks serious though....they just hired Patty Hewes as their lawyer

young_gunner913
Jan 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM
And this is why we don't take the French seriously. :lol:

it-girl
Jan 10th, 2012, 06:02 PM
It looks serious though....they just hired Patty Hewes as their lawyerYes they are very serious. I guess the attorney feels like they have a case or they wouldn't have taken it:shrug:

Melly Flew Us
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM
this seems quite strange.

i want €10,000 too!

Certinfy
Jan 10th, 2012, 10:02 PM
They call themselves "fans" when they're now looking to get money out of his death? :weirdo:

The Dawntreader
Jan 10th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Michael Jackson fans really do fit the part:tape:

Bijoux0021
Jan 11th, 2012, 05:49 AM
What a bunch of opportunists! :o

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 11th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yes they are very serious. I guess the attorney feels like they have a case or they wouldn't have taken it:shrug:

I know....really I do. In fact....here's the previous case their lawyer worked on

KoDNdTXx-7U

it-girl
Jan 11th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I know....really I do. In fact....here's the previous case their lawyer worked on

KoDNdTXx-7U:lol: