PDA

View Full Version : How come now when you rep someone...

BlueTrees
Jan 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM
You get taken to a new page. Instead of the old way where you click the rep button and it just pops up on the same page. That was much more convenient. Why did it change? :confused:

Shadowcat
Jan 7th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Really? It's still the same for me. :shrug:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM
You get taken to a new page. Instead of the old way where you click the rep button and it just pops up on the same page. That was much more convenient. Why did it change? :confused:

Yeah I'm experiencing the same thing too.:o

Monzanator
Jan 7th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Just send a goodrep to BlueTrees (first time ever ;) ) and it works the good old way for me :shrug:

Shiffrin
Jan 7th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Really? It's still the same for me. :shrug:

Same :shrug:

BlueTrees
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Maybe it's just the web browser I'm using. I'm using Safari. What are you guys using? :confused:

Ellery
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM

I am using Chrome and am experiencing the same thing.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:45 PM
yeah I'm also using CHrome.

Julian.
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'm using Chrome and I'm experiencing the same thing but I don't give a damn about it. It doesn't matter for me really :lol:

Kəv.
Jan 8th, 2012, 03:06 AM
I'm using safari now and it does take you to another page.

~CANUCK~
Jan 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I'm on firefox and nothing seems different for me. Any other browsers having issues?

Shadowcat
Jan 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I'm also on firefox and nothing change too.

Adrian.
Jan 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Firefox works fine :oh:

Shiffrin
Jan 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
using firefox too :p

Shadowcat
Jan 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
so I guess then the way to fix the problem is by using firefox :shrug:

tennisbum79
Jan 8th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Firefox and all is fine.

I don't think Chrome is ready for prime time.
See if you can change the settings to work like firefox orIE

iGOAT
Jan 9th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Using Safari and it's happening and it's SO annoying. Sorry guys, but if this keeps up I'm going to be giving a lot less reps :help:.

And sorry but I'm not going to just suddenly start using Firefox so I can give reps on this website more easily :tape:.

BlueTrees
Jan 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Using Safari and it's happening and it's SO annoying. Sorry guys, but if this keeps up I'm going to be giving a lot less reps :help:.

This. I really cbf giving out reps anymore. :o

Reptilia
Jan 9th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I don't see how its that big of a deal either way? :help:

Petkorazzi
Jan 9th, 2012, 07:05 AM
What a huge problem. :worship:

Wert.
Jan 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Chrome takes you to other page but then brings you back so its not a problem ;)

BlueTrees
Jan 10th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Will this be fixed? :tears:

Yasmine
Jan 10th, 2012, 11:46 AM
exactly :yeah:

I have chrome and yes that happens. Not that it's a problem for me, I'll survive :angel:

BlueTrees
Jan 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM

Yeah, and you creating this thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=424260) in this section about saving avatars so you can switch them around, instead of doing it the normal way, was totally an emergency too! :eek: :bolt: :rolleyes: You even asked for your message to be forwarded to the webmaster. :rolls: Must've been pretty important then. :worship:

~CANUCK~
Jan 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I forwarded the problem to the webmaster a few days ago. I have no idea if it will be fixed or not.

Petkorazzi
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah, and you creating this thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=424260) in this section about saving avatars so you can switch them around, instead of doing it the normal way, was totally an emergency too! :eek: :bolt: :rolleyes: You even asked for your message to be forwarded to the webmaster. :rolls: Must've been pretty important then. :worship:
First of all, I didn't start that thread a couple of weeks ago, I started it in 2010. ;) And second of all, that thread was not about a problem, it was just a suggestion :shrug: While you are going crazy in this thread about a pop-up box not showing up :spit: Not to say that you posted on this very page that you cbf to give out reps anymore, yet you just gave me a huge bad rep and had called me a hypocrite in it :spit:

Oh and people actually liked my idea as you can see in that thread, while here its only you and iSzavay who are bothered by the little box missing :awww:

BlueTrees
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM
First of all, I didn't start that thread a couple of weeks ago, I started it in 2010. ;) And second of all, that thread was not about a problem, it was just a suggestion :shrug: While you are going crazy in this thread about a pop-up box not showing up :spit: Not to say that you posted on this very page that you cbf to give out reps anymore, yet you just gave me a huge bad rep and had called me a hypocrite in it :spit:

Oh and people actually liked my idea as you can see in that thread, while here its only you and iSzavay who are bothered by the little box missing :awww:

Well clearly the moderators/webmasters didn't think much of your "suggestion" because it didn't get used :wavey:

Why am I going crazy because a pop-up box not showing up? Because that made it more convenient to rep than going to another page. Similar, you cared so much to create a thread about some stupid avatar thing, because it would make things more convenient when you wanted to change your avatar. I really don't see how there's much of a difference yet you seem to be making out that they're totally not related. :scratch: :help:

The only reason why most people don't care about the rep thing is because it's only a problem for those using Safari and chrome. Therefore it doesn't affect people using other web browsers, therefore naturally they don't care. If you had half a brain you would've already figured that out. :bigwave:

Petkorazzi
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Fail again. It doesn't work on Opera either and I haven't read anyone say anything about IE, so that leaves just firefox. ;)

It's kind of sad if you don't get the difference between this and my threads :shrug: I just posted a simple idea that came to my mind, it got ignored so clearly it wasn't in their priorities to add a new function, so what, big deal. :shrug: I didn't keep posting on and on till someone actually replied unlike you seem to be here ;) And also, my thread was about creating a new feature. You cannot compare this thread's case which is simply having a shortcut. You could have compared if I made a thread asking for a direct link to the pre-saved avatars from home page (just an example), because you still can send the reps while I can't have pre-set avatars. :bigwave:

And you're being a hypocrite again. Calling me rude in the badrep but you're being the same now :bigwave:

Yasmine
Jan 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
*cough* Don't want to disturb, but I don't think this is the thread for discussion. An admin told us he'ld look into it, I suggest you guys wait for it ;)

iGOAT
Jan 11th, 2012, 02:08 AM
It's not the end of the world but when you're reading a thread and casually want to rep someone you don't want to be taken to a page and then back to the top of the page at the previous thread. It's just a pain in the butt and slows things down a lot :o. I can deal with it but the fact is that I'm going to give a lot less reps if it does indeed stay this way :shrug:.

BlueTrees
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Fail again. It doesn't work on Opera either and I haven't read anyone say anything about IE, so that leaves just firefox. ;)

It's kind of sad if you don't get the difference between this and my threads :shrug: I just posted a simple idea that came to my mind, it got ignored so clearly it wasn't in their priorities to add a new function, so what, big deal. :shrug: I didn't keep posting on and on till someone actually replied unlike you seem to be here ;) And also, my thread was about creating a new feature. You cannot compare this thread's case which is simply having a shortcut. You could have compared if I made a thread asking for a direct link to the pre-saved avatars from home page (just an example), because you still can send the reps while I can't have pre-set avatars. :bigwave:

And you're being a hypocrite again. Calling me rude in the badrep but you're being the same now :bigwave:

If you actually read the first page you would see that practically everyone was using Firefox, therefore didn't have the issue. Get it?

You requested to make changing avatars more convenient. I requested to make giving reps more convenient. If you don't think they're related and that you're suggestion is completely justified yet mine is ridiculous, then I really can't help you. That's like laughing at someone for asking a thread to be stickied. Of course it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen, but they're just politely asking (as I did) to make life more convenient.

Kəv.
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Why not just open a new tab :shrug: You will be on the same page.

Shadowcat
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Dude just use Firefox if this really bothers you so much.

BlueTrees
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:53 AM
It doesn't really bother me that much. The main reason that I started this thread was just to check if it was happening to anybody else. I've gotten the information I needed, hopefully the problem will be fixed. If not, oh well. I'm not going to make a fuss out of it. I really don't see why anything else needs to be discussed now. :shrug: