PDA

View Full Version : Sydney 2012 - WITHDREW (abdominal strain)

everythingtaboo
Jan 7th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Let's hope a couple days rest does Sabine the world of good & she comes back strong and ready for Sydney. She is only entered for singles, no doubles.

DRAW:

(1)Wozniacki v BYE
Cibulkova v Peng
Pavlyuchenkova v Petkovic
Q v (7)Radwanska

(3)Azarenka v Q
Jankovic v Goerges
(wc)Dokic v (wc)Holland
Q v (8)Bartoli

(6)Zvonareva v Kuznetsova
Safarova v Ivanovic
Pennetta v Q
Q v (4)Li

(5)Stosur v Schiavone
Vinci v Hantuchova
Lisicki v Q
(2)Kvitova v BYE

Tournament starts 8th January. GL Sabine!

Official website: http://www.apiainternational.com.au/

Michael!
Jan 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Donīt know if she will play or not but the fact that she didnīt withdraw immediately is already positive, I guess!
Qualifiers should all be beatable if Sabine is fit again, a match against Kvitova would be a good test before Melbourne obviously!

everythingtaboo
Jan 7th, 2012, 08:25 AM
If she is still injured she should not play. If she was to face Petra... then yeah, that could be one mess of a match. :tape:

maturedgirl
Jan 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
ufff:facepalm:what a f...ing drawing! Couldn't be worse. Kvitova is really in Form - look to the Hopman-Cup:eek: Wozniaki would have been the better lot;)

If she's not fit at all, she should cancel Sydney:cool:

btw: still no sign of life neither on twitter, hp, nor on fb...:sad:

Lisickifan84
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM
btw: still no sign of life neither on twitter, hp, nor on fb...:sad:

Yes thats never a very good sign. If she is fit again than she should play in Sydney. She needs the matches!

everythingtaboo
Jan 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
ufff:facepalm:what a f...ing drawing! Couldn't be worse. Kvitova is really in Form - look to the Hopman-Cup:eek: Wozniaki would have been the better lot;)

What I'm worried about is she may feel she needs more matches before AO & play despite injury. Hopefully she & her father know better than that & let her rest up for the big one. I've been at Hopman Cup all week & watched every Petra match & she just got better match after match. If Sabine is injured she shouldn't even attempt to play that match. :tape:

Nena_xxx
Jan 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Really tough draw. In other hand, I don't see easy part of draw. :shrug: Really strong field.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Agreed chaps...I'm always worried when there is no sign of life from Sabs on the social networks. But maybe she's just in transit.

Kvitova looming...:eek:

Geekking
Jan 7th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Sorry to say that but she has no chance to win match against Kvitova at the moment.

Lisickifan84
Jan 7th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Sorry to say that but she has no chance to win match against Kvitova at the moment.

And thats why she wins it. The start for a super season. (I'm dreaming...) ;)

Geekking
Jan 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM
It's confirmed that Sabine will play Sydney...
I hope she bring bodyguards for one of her fan...

Mojobackhand
Jan 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM
It's confirmed that Sabine will play Sydney...
Well, I think that's a good sign, no? How do you know. Was there an anouncment?

Oh dear... :help:

Lisickifan84
Jan 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM

What do you mean?

lovethetennis
Jan 7th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I can't believe it! I got a reply from their Facebook page :) I guess it's still possible she may pull out? But, they just told me an hour ago she's playing.

http://www.facebook.com/SydneyInternational/posts/274644649261408?cmntid=275044692554737&notif_t=comment_mention

Geekking
Jan 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
What do you mean?
This guys is going to watch Sabine...
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19688352&postcount=64

Well, I think that's a good sign, no? How do you know. Was there an anouncment?
My friend asked and the tournament confirmed

https://www.facebook.com/SydneyInternational/posts/274644649261408

Mike81
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Omg let it go :facepalm: that was from ages ago when I was a little too obsessive with Sabine, seriously....

Anyway she's withdrawn from Sydney due to an abdominal strain. Good thing I didn't pre-book.

hankmoody
Jan 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM
F*ck, She officialy pulled out of Sydney! I got a very bad feeling about the ao! :(

Ian Aberdon
Jan 8th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Guys, go easy on Mike - I think he realises. No doubting he is a big Sabine fan.

Sad but not surprised about her pulling out of Sydney. All respect, but the bigger fish to try & fry is the AO & better she at least tries to get fit for that...if she can. :unsure:

everythingtaboo
Jan 8th, 2012, 08:40 AM
F*ck, She officialy pulled out of Sydney! I got a very bad feeling about the ao! :(

I'd rather she pull out than risk more damage. This gives her the time to rest & hopefully be okay for AO. :)

matthias
Jan 8th, 2012, 09:04 AM
abdominal strain can take a lot of time to recover
hope it was just to take no risk for AO

Michael!
Jan 8th, 2012, 09:50 AM
yeah, those injuries normally take some more time to recover, so I am not really sure if we will see her in Melbourne but as I said, only "positive" thing is that she didnīt withdraw from Sydney immediately, so I hope that she just wants to make sure that she is 100% fit for Melbourne!

A shame that she 2012 starts as bad as 2011 ended

maturedgirl
Jan 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I'd rather she pull out than risk more damage. This gives her the time to rest & hopefully be okay for AO. :)

I'm sure, she will recover for Melbourne, but I'm a fan (atic) optimist anyway :lol:

maturedgirl
Jan 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM
A shame that she 2012 starts as bad as 2011 ended

Why "a shame" :eek::confused:
It's not her fault or her intention to get hurt:shrug:

everythingtaboo
Jan 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM

That's not what he meant. When some says "a shame" like Michael did it basically means it's sad or disappointing. Nothing to do with it being Sabine's fault at all.

Geekking
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM
http://www.tennismagazin.de/aktuell/news/detail.php?object_id=202707&class=37&pid=1

joy division
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Poor Sabine is hurt again. :sad:
Some general thoughts :
I can`t really get is why there are so many players on the tour who are hurt and it`s just the start of the season. Probably it`s because of the start of the season, the players are no more used to that kind physical and mental activity.
Anyway, it has to be a part of the preparation for the season to prevent things like that.
If you look at the efforts and improvement of the sports medecin, it actually should be no problem to find a more or less accurate way to do so for every kind of player.
I think that there are not so many problems in this context at other professional sports.
Some different aspects -
Tennis is an individual sport and the constitution of the single player matters a lot.
The men are less affected than the women, although they have an even longer season and play best of five at GS.
It strains the body pretty much, mainly caused by the changing frequency of the matches. When you go out in the first round you have a kind of break, and when you reach the final of the next tournament the physical challenge is enormous, compared to the week before.
But if you compare it to soccer for instance, it seems to be much more "healthy".
The muscle and joints of the body are much more equally involved in the motions.
So I don`t really know what to think about it. Meanings ?

Lisickifan84
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hm, it would be a big surprise, if she can win more than 2 or 3 matches at Melbourne with that kind of preparation. :hysteric::crying2:

She'll not play Fed Cup when the other girls are alright. Sad for me, because I'll be in Stuttgart especially to see Sabine. :[

Poor Sabine is hurt again. :sad:
Some general thoughts :
I can`t really get is why there are so many players on the tour who are hurt and it`s just the start of the season. Probably it`s because of the start of the season, the players are no more used to that kind physical and mental activity.
Anyway, it has to be a part of the preparation for the season to prevent things like that.
If you look at the efforts and improvement of the sports medecin, it actually should be no problem to find a more or less accurate way to do so for every kind of player.
I think that there are not so many problems in this context at other professional sports.
Some different aspects -
Tennis is an individual sport and the constitution of the single player matters a lot.
The men are less affected than the women, although they have an even longer season and play best of five at GS.
It strains the body pretty much, mainly caused by the changing frequency of the matches. When you go out in the first round you have a kind of break, and when you reach the final of the next tournament the physical challenge is enormous, compared to the week before.
But if you compare it to soccer for instance, it seems to be much more "healthy".
The muscle and joints of the body are much more equally involved in the motions.
So I don`t really know what to think about it. Meanings ?

Hm perhaps only bad luck? At the end of the season it would no surprise, but now? Bad preparation? I don't think so, because for me Sabine looks fit.
I don't know.

Michael!
Jan 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM

yeah, as he said, I didnīt want to say that it is her fault or anything just that it is a shame :shrug: :lol:

I mean, Sabine just has too many problems with injuries, diseases etc. and she canīt handle those well!
Players like Serena,Venus or Kim can handle those breaks better as they are mentally stronger as well, they often donīt play for months and then come back and immediately are able to play on a decent level at least.

But Sabine is much more sensitive here, she just needs some time until she finds her rhythm again, especially on serve but also her shot selection isnīt that great often when she hasnīt played much or when she isnīt really confident.
The fact that she still was able to beat players like Hantuchova or Razzano is positive but still, as some other said, I am worried about Melbourne!

We can only hope for a really good draw and that she can improve her game after winning a few matches there and gets some confidence back.
But not sure about that, another early defeat, retirement or withdrawal would make it all even worse obviously.

maturedgirl
Jan 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm frustrated :explode:

but optimistic enough to get over your negative expectations :lol:

Does anybody know a good physio who likes to travel around t.w.?;)

Mike81
Jan 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
It's certainly a shame for Sabine and I'm upset too because I wanted to watch her. I do wonder if she's really got the right team behind her with all these injuries and retirements. I mean she injured herself in the warmup the other day, would have to question the wisdom of coming to Australia early or her training regime. Maybe she is just fragile and injury prone, there's always people like that in every sport whether team or individual. It's sad that I like Sabine so much and she seems to be one of these people who don't reach their full potential due to injuries.

Kəv.
Jan 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Mike :hug:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
I share Mike's fear to be honest. :unsure:

everythingtaboo
Jan 9th, 2012, 01:14 PM
What is this? Come on guys, I know it's difficult but let's stay positive! :bounce: Kick ass at AO, Bine!

flyingmachine
Jan 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM
This is not the best start for the season. :sad:
Sabine:hug:

maturedgirl
Jan 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sabiiine, please tell us in the social networks how you and your muscels are!!!:help:

Break your silence!

And thanks for english tutoring:p my school english translates shame as "Schande", again learnt sth.;)

HowardH
Jan 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I hope Sabine gets better. Hopefully it's more a precaution before the AO than anything else.

Sabiiine, please tell us in the social networks how you and your muscels are!!!:help:

Break your silence!

And thanks for english tutoring:p my school english translates shame as "Schande", again learnt sth.;)

Yes, it can be confusing. When someone says "it's a shame" or "what a (damn) shame" it means, as everythingtaboo said, that it's sad or disappointing. Similar to "it's such a pity".

On the other hand, if someone says "that's shameful" then it has the meaning you originally interpreted it as having: embarrassing, bad behaviour. So sometimes shame can mean "embarrassment", sometimes it means "a sad or disappointing situation". I guess you just have to get used to the different phrases.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I speak English & find it bloody impossible!!! :lol:

everythingtaboo
Jan 10th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I speak English & find it bloody impossible!!! :lol:

English is my first language & even I manage to have trouble speaking it sometimes. :rolleyes: