PDA

View Full Version : Kim's speach after the victory

Sofiane
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Please can someone tell me where I can find the transcript of it? and also what serena said, cause here in Canada they didn't show it.

Thanks in advance.

Sophie
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:16 PM
I don't have a transcript of it, so this is just from memory. She thanked the sponsors (Home depot, Porshe etc.) the lines people the crowd. She congratulated Serena on her excellent year and for ending up #1, said something in Dutch for her supporters, and then sort of laughed because the crowd clapped at whatever she said in Dutch.

Nina_rus
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:24 PM
yeah and she said something like "You don't have to clap, I know you don't understand"

Helen Lawson
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Serena thanked "her God Jehovah" for the tournament and a great year. Serena then thanked "her dad" whom she said she could not see at that time, that he must be walking around somewhere. Then she muttered "bitch" under her breath to Kim. Ok, just joking on that last one. She did not say much. She did not mention her mother and I do not think she mentioned Venus. She did not seem particularly upset or mad, she did not have a scoul or a sour-puss look.

Messenger
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Well I guess Serena has a right to be dissapointed. After the year she's had, I guess it's understandable that she would have unbelievably high standards on herself.

Did Kim say "You don't have to clap, I know you don't understand" in English to the Americans? That's funny!

sanstamtam
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Yes she said that.

Sofiane
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:08 PM
The girl is funny !! :) and lovely too.

autoharp
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:11 PM
actually, the sound quality was very bad, and I didn't hear that well, as the speaker was talking in the same time:fiery: but I heard her saying: Dank u voor jullie steun, something like that, which means, thanx for your support, and I didn't get the rest...:sad:

Double Fault
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Autoharp, you are right, the sound quality was crap. I couldn't hear half of what they were saying. I did hear Serena thank Jehova, and congratulated Kim. I also heard Kim thank the ballboys/girls for doing a great job as she and Serena hit the ball so hard. :) Kim also congratulated Serena on a great year, and spoke in Dutch to her fans. Then she joked that the crowd doesn't have to clap if they don't understand what she's saying. Lots of other stuff that I couldn't comprehend.

DutchieGirl
Nov 14th, 2002, 12:06 AM
yeah I had trouble with the sound as well... so much echo! I tried to hear the Dutch bit, but I only heard like "dank u..." ;) then the echo kicked in! ;) but I thought I heard voor het jaar in there somewhere, although I'm probably wrong! ;)