PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods’ ex-wife bulldozes $12 million home

mykarma
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Tiger Woods’ ex-wife bulldozes $12 million home
By Shane Bacon | Devil Ball Golf – 1 hour 56 minutes ago

Courtesy of Pacific Coast News

There are times when divorce forces people to do strange things. Burn sheets. Throw out clothes. Toss rings into the ocean. But when you get $100 million in your divorce, you can trump just about anything and that's what happened with Tiger Woods' ex-wife when she bought a $12 million home and bulldozed the whole thing.

Yes, according to TMZ, Elin Nordegren bought a $12 million home in North Palm Beach, Fla., but didn't like it, and has plowed the whole thing.

The house, which had six bedrooms and eight bathrooms, is now just rubble, with no word yet on what is going to replace the beautiful building you see above, but I guess when you have nine figures in the bank, it doesn't really matter what you want.

I guess we can all applaud Elin on not rolling over after all this happened and continuing on with her life. But I think we can all agree on one thing: Why in the world is she still in Florida? Wouldn't you want to move back home for good
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/devil-ball-golf/tiger-woods-ex-wife-bulldozes-12-million-home-232405259.html

Sammo
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM
So... the girl has lost it, right?

Helen Lawson
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM
We need more information on the house. It may have been a lot that she wanted and the house old or not to her liking. If the lot is good enough, a lot of people will demolish the house, particularly if it's old or outdated, people do pay $12 million for lots.

I never liked her or Tiger, now I kind of like Tiger.

Sally Struthers
Jan 6th, 2012, 01:03 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/01/04/0104-elin-house-before-demo-pacificcoastnews-1.jpg

Helen, clearly it was a hovel and needed to be put out of its misery. That being said, I think it looks a little out of place architecturally for Florida.

ToopsTame
Jan 6th, 2012, 01:09 AM
It's a beachfront property, the house was worth peanuts compared to the value of the land it was on. 12 million is the value of the whole property, not the house itself. Starting from scratch might not be that much more expensive than a thorough renovation for a house this size, so why not?

Sean.
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Shame it was a beautiful house!

delicatecutter
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Who cares. She seems more comfortable in Sweden anyway. I just want to know what was so special about her to get Tiger to marry her and have her bear two crotchfruit when he clearly has some kind of monogamy problem?

Gdsimmons
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:40 AM
It must be nice to be SO rich that you can just destroy a $12 million house just because you can

Infiniti2001
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:06 AM
The best gossip blogger explains it :lol:

http://www.dlisted.com/2012/01/05/elin-nordegren-just-bulldozed-florida-mansion-down

*JR*
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:13 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/01/04/0104-elin-house-before-demo-pacificcoastnews-1.jpg

Helen, clearly it was a hovel and needed to be put out of its misery. That being said, I think it looks a little out of place architecturally for Florida.

Sally should have bought it from her for Save the Children!

gulzhan
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Easy to burn money when you didn't earn a dime. Oh, well, she used to earn some when she worked as a babysitter :oh:

I hope she spends all the divorce money quickly and ends up with nothing. That would be fair :p

tennisbum79
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:26 AM
She the is aspiring to enter the 1% club.

dominicL
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:59 AM
OMG!!! wish I could also do that thing!! haha

Mistress of Evil
Jan 6th, 2012, 06:21 AM
She seems like a fierce bitch, respect. :worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 6th, 2012, 06:58 AM
That's one way to get rid of bad memories :p

Williamsser
Jan 6th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Easy to burn money when you didn't earn a dime. Oh, well, she used to earn some when she worked as a babysitter :oh:

I hope she spends all the divorce money quickly and ends up with nothing. That would be fair :p

The rumor is that Elin knew about Tiger's steroids use. Rather than fight Elin in court, which would reveal the steroid use, Tiger agreed to give her a 9 figure divorce settlement.

gulzhan
Jan 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
The rumor is that Elin knew about Tiger's steroids use. Rather than fight Elin in court, which would reveal the steroid use, Tiger agreed to give her a 9 figure divorce settlement.

Blackmail money smell even worse than divorce money :shrug: And are easier to burn :p

pov
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Who cares. She seems more comfortable in Sweden anyway. I just want to know what was so special about her to get Tiger to marry her and have her bear two crotchfruit when he clearly has some kind of monogamy problem?
If you really want to know you can start by realizing that sex-drive and loving someone are different things. You can truly love someone and still be the type of person for whom monogamy is very difficult.
And "crotchfruit"? Really? :facepalm:

pov
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:10 PM
:haha: There are plenty of other rumors. People don't know so they come up with all sorts of fanciful ideas.

mykarma
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:27 PM
:haha: There are plenty of other rumors. People don't know so they come up with all sorts of fanciful ideas.
Consider the source.

Sean.
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
This means that someone's going to get the contract to build a new one. When things are in the shit in the construction industry it's going to make someone's new year.

Every cloud has a silver lining. :lol:

Bismarck.
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
She seems like a fierce bitch, respect. :worship:

:lol: She really doesn't. She sounds like a tacky ho (who bought a house to match) who has far too much money and absolutely no brains, just like her ex.

Melange
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
:lol: She really doesn't. She sounds like a tacky ho (who bought a house to match) who has far too much money and absolutely no brains, just like her ex.

she was a lot less tacky before she met him. she wasnt impressed with him at all despite all the fame

Bismarck.
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
she was a lot less tacky before she met him. she wasnt impressed with him at all despite all the fame

I'm sure she was impressed by the size of his wallet.

ToopsTame
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:41 PM

How the hell would steroids help a golfer? :lol: It's not exactly and strength and endurance sport. :tape:

Bijoux0021
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:58 PM
It must be nice to be SO rich that you can just destroy a $12 million house just because you can
Yep, especially since she didn't have to earn it.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM

OK, I know, she is the run-of-the-mill super hot, brainless gold digger who married a fugly billionaire that just for money and judging by that act, the thread is about she is indeed as dumb as you can get. However, she did teach a lesson to the lying, cheating bastard, hardcore style. :hearts:

Super Dave
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:42 PM
:hearts:

LoveFifteen
Jan 6th, 2012, 07:17 PM
As others have said, the house isn't worth $12 million; the beachfront property is worth $12 million. I am sure she can build her absolute dream house for $1-2 million. She's got $100 million so I'm sure she'll be fine. :lol:

Williamsser
Jan 6th, 2012, 07:19 PM
How the hell would steroids help a golfer? :lol: It's not exactly and strength and endurance sport. :tape:

Increase driving distance and not get tired by the 18th hole.

Williamsser
Jan 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM

Tiger Woods' former doctor pleads guilty to steroids charges

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/07/anthony-galea-pleads-guilty-tiger-woods

A doctor who helped Tiger Woods recover from a knee injury has pleaded guilty to bringing steroids and other unapproved substances into the United States. Anthony Galea, a Canadian, faces up to three years in prison.

The 51-year-old was charged last year with bringing in a series of drugs under false labels, including a form of human growth hormone called Nutropin. He also lacked a licence to practise in the US.

Tiger Woods: Was Golf's Biggest Star Juicing?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/178678/20110712/tiger-woods-steroids-anthony-galea-hgh-performance-enhancing-drugs-trial.htm

Just a thought, but I can't help thinking in hindsight that Tiger Woods showed all of the characteristics of an athlete delivering exceptionally with the benefit of performance enhancing drugs in recent years.

Woods was a lean and powerful player with exceptional endurance, and he seemed to have something more than rare talent in becoming for years the world's top-ranked professional golfer.

Most all of the top professional golfers have rare talent, after all.

Sure, he had those red shirts he wore on Sunday for an extra boost, and he was a phenom since an early age -- but it seems, in looking back, there may have been something else. Just like it seemed with professional baseball players Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire. Just like it seems with cyclist Lance Armstrong. And, just like it seems with former standout MLB pitcher Roger Clemens.

edificio
Jan 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Clearly she bought the place for the land and didn't care about the house. I'm not sure why this is a big deal.

Yep, especially since she didn't have to earn it.

She earned it. :shrug:

RenaSlam.
Jan 7th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Rich bitch.

Bijoux0021
Jan 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM
She earned it. :shrug:
As a high-priced ho, yes.

Infiniti2001
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:18 AM
I hope she loves and takes care of the babies she birthed :tape:

pov
Jan 9th, 2012, 07:42 PM
With apologies to the TMZleazer types here.
------------

Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods's ex-wife, last week let loose a bulldozer on the $12-million oceanfront mansion she bought last year because, her builder tells PEOPLE, starting over made the most economical sense.

The 17,000-ft., six-bedroom home in a gated community in North Palm Beach, Fla., was built in the 1920s, Dan Reedy of Onshore Construction and Development, tells PEOPLE. "It wasn't built to the South Florida wind-loading codes of today that were put in place because of hurricanes. We had an architect and a structural engineer out here and everyone agreed that it made more sense – structurally and economically – to tear it down and start over."

But it wasn't a total loss. Nordegren gave Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, Fla., four weeks to methodically go through the structure and salvage tens of thousands of dollars worth of cabinets, hardware and fixtures. That's when termite and carpenter-ant infestations were discovered, says Habitat's director of deconstruction, Bobbi Blodgett.

"When we pulled out the windows, the bugs were everywhere," says Blodgett. "To rebuild that house would have been ridiculous. We're so grateful to Elin. It's rare we get this kind of donation."

gentenaire
Jan 9th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Tiger Woods' former doctor pleads guilty to steroids charges

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/07/anthony-galea-pleads-guilty-tiger-woods

A doctor who helped Tiger Woods recover from a knee injury has pleaded guilty to bringing steroids and other unapproved substances into the United States. Anthony Galea, a Canadian, faces up to three years in prison.

The 51-year-old was charged last year with bringing in a series of drugs under false labels, including a form of human growth hormone called Nutropin. He also lacked a licence to practise in the US.

Tiger Woods: Was Golf's Biggest Star Juicing?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/178678/20110712/tiger-woods-steroids-anthony-galea-hgh-performance-enhancing-drugs-trial.htm

Just a thought, but I can't help thinking in hindsight that Tiger Woods showed all of the characteristics of an athlete delivering exceptionally with the benefit of performance enhancing drugs in recent years.

Woods was a lean and powerful player with exceptional endurance, and he seemed to have something more than rare talent in becoming for years the world's top-ranked professional golfer.

Most all of the top professional golfers have rare talent, after all.

Sure, he had those red shirts he wore on Sunday for an extra boost, and he was a phenom since an early age -- but it seems, in looking back, there may have been something else. Just like it seemed with professional baseball players Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire. Just like it seems with cyclist Lance Armstrong. And, just like it seems with former standout MLB pitcher Roger Clemens.

Considering they're not getting tested, the odds are extremely high that they're doping. They have a lot to gain and don't risk anything.

Williamsser
Jan 10th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Considering they're not getting tested, the odds are extremely high that they're doping. They have a lot to gain and don't risk anything.

Absolutely.