PDA

View Full Version : Changing the coach

Geekking
Jan 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
It was already debated here but I really want to open this issue and want to know what you guys think.Everyone here loves Sabine so much, so the point of this topic not the hurt her just to help her tennis. I'm sure if Sabine reads this thread she will get angry but my point is not to judge her team just to talk this topic.

Maybe some of you know that I worked in WTA Championships 2011 Istanbul. I was responsible with the needs of players. Therefore I was spending my all day time with the player and their team. I was a bit sad because Sabine couldn't participate in that tournament. When I had chances to talk with the coaches, tennis authorities, WTA Staff and the players I was asking questions about Sabine( Do you like her game? What do you think about her? etc. )
The common thing they said she is a great player, she has amazing skills which other players doesn't have but she needs to work with a professional coach if she wants to improve her game and climb in the rankings.

A tennis reporter from Germany who watched her in Wimbledon 2011, told me that she was doing amazing jobs but whenever she needed help on her game, her dad was not enough. The success behind the Wimbledon is Sam Stosur's coach David Taylor. He gave her tactics and told her what to do before some of the matches. The problem of Sabine is she has great skills but she is too sensitive on the court. When she dominates the game and serves well, nothing can stop Sabine but if she fails to serve, begin to make errors she is getting demoralize so quickly. Her dad did his best until this time and take her to top15 but now its time for a professional coach. She is young and she will realize this need one day he said...

He was not the only one who said these things.

When I was working in the tournament I watched also Caroline Wozniacki who is coached by her dad Piotr. When I saw their relation, I realized that the father coaches are not always the best choice. In her training Caroline doesn't seem to be relaxed and always arguing with her dad.
I still remember what he said to her "You are a baby still crying, you don't know anything".
I won't compare Mr. Wozniacki with Mr. Lisicki because I never had chance to meet with him but from TV he seems much more friendly and a nice person.

On the other hand, I also watched Kvitova's, Stosur's, Azarenka's, Sharapova's trainning. It's different. The things what they are doing are almost same but the things what their coach saying and telling them was different. As you can see their performance and success on the court is also different.

Now, we all know Sabine has "facepalmesque errors" problem. This is the biggest obstacle on her game. I think the only way to fix this to
changing her coach and have a coach like David Kotyza, Sam Sumyk, Thomas Hogstedt and a hitting partner like Vladimir Voltchkov (Sharapova's hitting partner).

This will not only help her "facepamesque errors" and also improve her game and health (cramps, injuries, retirements).

What do you think guys?

everythingtaboo
Jan 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Wow. After reading the part about Dave Taylor I feel like this thread needs a "BOMBSHELL" at the start of the title.

I do agree with you on most parts. Only very rarely do we see parent-child coaching relationships work in sport. Also, I'm a firm believer in keeping your personal life (family etc) separate from your work/profession (in Sabine's case-- tennis) for obvious reasons. I think a talented player like Sabine with plenty of potential needs a full team around her to cater to her needs. A coach, a fitness trainer, maybe a hitting partner & dare I say it-- a sports psychologist. Her parent's could still travel with her for the moral support & company, but relying solely on one person like her father will most likely not be enough to see her lift the Venus Rosewater Dish one day.

I do feel bad writing this because I have met Dr Lisicki, and he is a really great guy, very friendly and has done a wonderful job helping Sabine break the top 20 & win 3 titles.

Btw, which players did you ask about Sabine if I may ask? I'm gonna guess Sam was one of them.

Geekking
Jan 5th, 2012, 03:11 PM
When I ask players who is coached by her dad/mom they say they prefer this because of their emotional needs. They say a professional coach can't understand what we are feeling on the court and off the court, we may have problems in our private life and when we were traveling we need someone who knows us well. Therefore we choose our dad to coach us.

Maybe they are right but on Sabine situation she really needs a professional team. I don't say her parents should leave her, they should keep travelling with her but they should not touch her tennis. I'm sure Mr. Richard Lisicki has a great tennis knowledge and I'm also sure her mom helps and takes care of Sabine but I believe this is not enough for a player who is a Wimbledon Semi-finalist, Charleston/Birmingham/Texas champion.

I talked with all the players but about Sabine I talked with some of them and their team members. I think giving their name is not fair..

I talked Sharapova's team about the semi final match. I asked what was the key point behind Sharapova's comeback in that match. The guy said "Sabine has has great tennis skills and her tennis suites well on grass. Maria didn't need to do something special, Sabine gifted the match. When she started to fail on serve, she was done. This helped Maria to believe she can win and she started to dominate the match."

Another guy who is coaching a player said "Normally she was able to defeat Vera in Rolland Garros, she played amazing but I still don't know how her team didn't notice she has celiac disease before that time. This is a big fault. She needs a professional team." When he said that I said "If she needs a professional coach why Nick Bollettieri is not helping her and tell her she needs it" he replied "Nick Bollettieri doesn't care his players team, if he believes she has a professional coach, he won't say"

This list will continue like this.

Btw, I also noticed that Marion Bartoli, Andrea Petkovic and Sam loves Sabine so much ;)

tic626
Jan 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Thank you Geekking :), it's nice to heard inside opinion & info.
I'm not sure about changing coach, but I think she definitely needs physio & nutritionist to travel with her. She has too many injuries & food-related problems.:(

Btw, I also noticed that Marion Bartoli, Andrea Petkovic and Sam loves Sabine so much ;)

Well, Petkovic because they're both Germen, and Sam, because they play doubles together. But Marion, why? :confused:

Anyway, I noticed that after losing to Sabine in Wimby, Marion was waiting for Sabine to left the court together, I thought Marion was just being polite, but now I know it's because she likes Sabine. :)

Lighter
Jan 5th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Well, Petkovic because they're both Germen, and Sam, because they play doubles together. But Marion, why? :confused:

Anyway, I noticed that after losing to Sabine in Wimby, Marion was waiting for Sabine to left the court together, I thought Marion was just being polite, but now I know it's because she likes Sabine. :)Sabine's dad is general practitioner like Marion's dad. It can help.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 5th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I love Sabine, I'd like to think we all do on here. She gives out so much sunshine & positivity, there must be very few people that could fail to like her. But my chances of bumping into Sabs in the years ahead are 0.00%. So I will give my opinion without fear or favour.

I agree with Geekking - absolutely. Dr Richard Lisicki has done wonders getting his daughter up the rankings & to be the tennis player & person she is today. But those that reach the top are not afraid to make changes if they think it will help them take that extra step - be that winning a slam, or reaching No.1 (in any sport).

You may disagree, but I think Sabs is reaching something of a crossroads at this stage of her career. Her inconsistancy, illness & injuries are threatening to stall her career & derail her progress. There must be SOMETHING that she is doing that is resulting in her recurring problems. OK you can't legislate for food poisoning to an extent, & I still don't know what she ate in China to make her so ill. But how she is training, what she does, etc should be scrutinized by her team. How many niggling injuries must she incur before the penny drops, & someone takes a look at how she trains. Does anyone in her team check into this? You would like to think so, but I'm not sure!

Perhaps complacency has set in - you train with your dad day in day out, do the same things over & over, & no-one notices that what she is doing is causing recurring injuries.

Something needs to change. A fresh pair of objective eyes. I think Sabs should be strong enough to make changes if she wants to avoid languishing in the 10-20 ranking bracket, or worse. Even if those changes are with dad's blessing. Surely he wouldn't stand in her way if he realises it's best for her career.

Yes, I think the time has come, or certainly is arriving, for Sabs to look to the next step. Everyone thinks she has a game to get into the Top 10, even win a slam. At the moment, without changes, I cannot see it.

Is Sabs determined enough to make it? I don't doubt her determination, but whether she is strong enough to change her coach to lift her to the next stage, & dad goes back to being dad, I'm not so sure.

Omega1
Jan 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Geekking, as you can see if someone has a success, want to see as many as helpers. Even those who only talk about the weather. It happens in all areas in our life.
For scientists, which steal the inovations.
and the other way around
If a player loses a match, a coach must immediately change.
When Sabine after long injury break,
establish some easy matches lost, some say even very fast, it needs a new trainer.
When she forces to comb, matches won and was silent.
Sabine outcomes after poisoning in Beijing and then worse, the resist outdated.
Determined as a team, coach training partner + + + physiotherapists + fitnestrainer
cooking (as with djokovic)
is a dream
I'm interested in who pays it? Get paid for the tennis player, from national associations?
In Britain, Australia, Turkey unw is so.
In Germany, too?
Why Mona Barthel also flies only with mother?

Geekking
Jan 5th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Geekking, as you can see if someone has a success, want to see as many as helpers. Even those who only talk about the weather. It happens in all areas in our life.
For scientists, which steal the inovations.
and the other way around
If a player loses a match, a coach must immediately change.
When Sabine after long injury break,
establish some easy matches lost, some say even very fast, it needs a new trainer.
When she forces to comb, matches won and was silent.
Sabine outcomes after poisoning in Beijing and then worse, the resist outdated.
Determined as a team, coach training partner + + + physiotherapists + fitnestrainer
cooking (as with djokovic)
is a dream
I'm interested in who pays it? Get paid for the tennis player, from national associations?
In Britain, Australia, Turkey unw is so.
In Germany, too?
Why Mona Barthel also flies only with mother?

Sabine has sponsors and I'm sure if she wants it she can find a way to pay them. She is a top 15 player it won't be a big problem for her ;). In Turkey, Turkish Tennis Federation pays to players' team if they need but don't know how it works in Germany.(I'm sure the conditions they serve to players are much more better)

I was thinking to debate this before the season start, I talked with my close friends who also supports Sabine and told them what they said.

Sabine's mental problems are not new, if you look my posts you will see that I was thinking changing her coach is not the solution but after talking with lots of tennis authority and seeing the results I changed my mind.

Every player has different needs. Barthel and Sabine are not in the same boat. Their rivals are different and they are not playing the same tournaments! Barthel was an ITF player, she will start to play WTA this year. Having trouble against Barthel doesn't means Sabine and Barthel same level players. Sabine's tennis is 3x better than Barthel. We will see how Barthel will do with her mom this year.

everythingtaboo
Jan 6th, 2012, 02:28 PM
When he said that I said "If she needs a professional coach why Nick Bollettieri is not helping her and tell her she needs it" he replied "Nick Bollettieri doesn't care his players team, if he believes she has a professional coach, he won't say"

This isn't the first time I've heard people talk about Nick Bollettieri like this. He may be part of the problem here. :rolleyes:

maturedgirl
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:21 PM
This isn't the first time I've heard people talk about Nick Bollettieri like this. He may be part of the problem here. :rolleyes:

Nick is an old man now and I doubt he still has a great influence in those things.
I guess the problem is Sab's missing independence and self-confidence. She only trusts in her dads decisions, I wish her to be able to break out one early day;)

But probably she won't make it true - that means taking a risk...:cool:

Lisickifan84
Jan 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Bei allem Verständnis und Frust über diese schmerzliche Niederlage von Sabine müssen wir aber erstmal die Kirche im Dorf lassen. Es war ihr 1. Turnier 2012, dass sicherlich nicht ganz so gelaufen ist wie wir uns das alle gewünscht haben. Ich bin eigentlich vor allem sehr erschrocken gewesen, wie schwach wieder einmal ihr Aufschlag war, auch schon im Spiel gegen Barthel, so dass man eigentlich beim Aufschlag kaum von einer Stärke bei ihr reden kann zur Zeit. Hatte mir erhofft, dass in der Vorbereitung vor allem dort angesetzt wird und sie endlich mal auf vernünftige Werte kommt und vielleicht sogar einen guten 2. raus hauen kann.

Aber hier geht es mir schon einen Schritt zu weit von euch. Ist ja nicht so, als wäre es jetzt schon Juli und wir sehen keine Verbesserungen. Erstmal abwarten wie die nächsten Turniere laufen, erst dann kann man mehr sagen. Finde ich irgendwie kurios, wenn schon jetzt ein Trainerwechsel verlangt wird. Wer sagt denn, dass dann auch alle Schwächen abgestellt werden?

Ich kann euch schon verstehen, weil ihr euch Sorgen macht um Sabine, aber ich würde noch nicht so weit gehen, einen Trainerwechsel als umumgänglich darzustellen. Vielmehr muss sie jetzt wieder Matchpraxis sammeln und Vetrauen in ihr Spiel finden und vor allem das Wichtigste: Bitte keine Verletzungen oder Krankheiten mehr!

Wer übersetzt ins englische? :D

matthias
Jan 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM

Loddar Matthäus style hätte ich drauf :angel:

maturedgirl
Jan 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Ich kann euch schon verstehen, weil ihr euch Sorgen macht um Sabine, aber ich würde noch nicht so weit gehen, einen Trainerwechsel als umumgänglich darzustellen. Vielmehr muss sie jetzt wieder Matchpraxis sammeln und Vetrauen in ihr Spiel finden und vor allem das Wichtigste: Bitte keine Verletzungen oder Krankheiten mehr!

Nicht nötig, ich hab es verstanden:lol:
Und du hast Recht, die Verletzungen haben ja (höchstwahrscheinlich)nichts mit ihrem Training zu tun, vielleicht einfach Pech:shrug:
Ich will auch lieber positiv denken und hoffe einfach mal dass sie Entwarnung zum. für die AO gibt;)
und bin dann mal weg aus der Diskussion.:cool:

hankmoody
Jan 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Bin auch `n bisschen Faul für!:)

Nicht nötig, ich hab es verstanden:lol:
Und du hast Recht, die Verletzungen haben ja (höchstwahrscheinlich)nichts mit ihrem Training zu tun, vielleicht einfach Pech:shrug:
Ich will auch lieber positiv denken und hoffe einfach mal dass sie Entwarnung zum. für die AO gibt;)
und bin dann mal weg aus der Diskussion.:cool:

Naja, dass sie keine Updates gibt ist ja normalerweise eher ein schlechtes Zeichen bei ihr.:(

Trainerwechsel find ich auch ein bisschen ne harsche Forderung, aber ein Müller-Wohlfahrt-Typ in ihrem Team wär bestimmt keine schlechte Idee:lol:

Mojobackhand
Jan 7th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Bei allem Verständnis und Frust über diese schmerzliche Niederlage von Sabine müssen wir aber erstmal die Kirche im Dorf lassen. Es war ihr 1. Turnier 2012, dass sicherlich nicht ganz so gelaufen ist wie wir uns das alle gewünscht haben. Ich bin eigentlich vor allem sehr erschrocken gewesen, wie schwach wieder einmal ihr Aufschlag war, auch schon im Spiel gegen Barthel, so dass man eigentlich beim Aufschlag kaum von einer Stärke bei ihr reden kann zur Zeit. Hatte mir erhofft, dass in der Vorbereitung vor allem dort angesetzt wird und sie endlich mal auf vernünftige Werte kommt und vielleicht sogar einen guten 2. raus hauen kann.

Aber hier geht es mir schon einen Schritt zu weit von euch. Ist ja nicht so, als wäre es jetzt schon Juli und wir sehen keine Verbesserungen. Erstmal abwarten wie die nächsten Turniere laufen, erst dann kann man mehr sagen. Finde ich irgendwie kurios, wenn schon jetzt ein Trainerwechsel verlangt wird. Wer sagt denn, dass dann auch alle Schwächen abgestellt werden?

How about Google Tranny, y'all? :cheer:

"With all due respect and frustration over this painful defeat by Sabine but first we have to leave the church in the village. It was their first Tournament in 2012, that certainly did not go quite as as we wanted it to be. I am really mainly been very frightened, as was her weak serve again, even in the game against Barthel, so you really can hardly speak of the impact strength at a time for her. I had hoped that in the preparation and recognized especially where it finally comes to healthy values ​​and perhaps even a good second can cut out.

But this is me one step too far from you. Is not as if it were already July and we see no improvements. First wait for the next tournaments such as running, only then can you say. Somehow I find curious, if already a coaching change is required. Who says that then all weaknesses are turned off?

I can tell you already understand, because you are worried about Sabine, but I still would not go so far as to represent a change of coach as umumgänglich. Rather, they must now re-match practice and gain confidence from their game and see especially the most important thing: Please no more injuries or illnesses?"

Sounds funny, but comprehensible, I think for our English speaking Boom Boom friends.

hankmoody
Jan 7th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I can tell you already understand, because you are worried about Sabine, but I still would not go so far as to represent a change of coach as umumgänglich. Rather, they must now re-match practice and gain confidence from their game and see especially the most important thing: Please no more injuries or illnesses?"

Sounds funny, but comprehensible, I think for our English speaking Boom Boom friends.

Yay Mojo!
Gotta love google translate!:lol:

Ian Aberdon
Jan 7th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Think I preferred the post in German!! :lol:

Lisickifan84
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry that I've wrote it only in german, but my german is much better than my english, loddhar would say :D:D

I think we should trust in Sabine, that she sees it by herself, if there are things like the coach that she have to change. :)

Ziva
Mar 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I've been thinking about that, there is only one solution, she has to swap coaches with Wozniacki, Mr.Wozniacki can teach her to hit less UE's and push the ball in if necessary and Dr.Lisicki shows Caro how to hit winners and aces all over the place.
and maybe most importand, they would get a needed change of tone, Caro gets the all nice encouraging talking and Sabine the rough commanding arttitude of Piotr.

A Win Win situation imo !!

daddys need to let there daughters go at some point.

Don't hit me with a shovel please :lol:

everythingtaboo
Mar 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I've been thinking about that, there is only one solution, she has to swap coaches with Wozniacki, Mr.Wozniacki can teach her to hit less UE's and push the ball in if necessary and Dr.Lisicki shows Caro how to hit winners and aces all over the place.
and maybe most importand, they would get a needed change of tone, Caro gets the all nice encouraging talking and Sabine the rough commanding arttitude of Piotr.

A Win Win situation imo !!

daddys need to let there daughters go at some point.

Don't hit me with a shovel please :lol:

I can only assume you are kidding because IMO; Piotr needs to stay the fuck away from Sabine. We think she feels pressure now? Imagine the pressure she would feel with him yelling at her in Polish on coaching time outs. :tape: No thanks. I'd sooner coach Sabine than... that. I generally dislike Caro, but feel sorry for her with a father that controlling.

maturedgirl
Mar 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I can only assume you are kidding because IMO; Piotr needs to stay the fuck away from Sabine. We think she feels pressure now? Imagine the pressure she would feel with him yelling at her in Polish on coaching time outs. :tape: No thanks. I'd sooner coach Sabine than... that. I generally dislike Caro, but feel sorry for her with a father that controlling.

100% d'accord avec toi :lol: (as well concerning Caro as her choleric father:devil:)

But when I fancy Wozzyfather scolding to Sabs like he does with his daughter, I'm sure Sabs would kill him not only with evil eyes :armed:
Can't really imagine how anybody (like wozzy) bears that kind of angry cursing with such a calm :help:

different temperaments need different trainers and Sabs needs a calm one (like Angie has;))

Ziva
Mar 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM
different temperaments need different trainers and Sabs needs a calm one (like Angie has;))

maybe, but how can you know that, she only had a calm trainer to date and i'm not impressed, especially with the on court coaching at all, her dad doesn't get through to her during those coachings.
Sometimes one needs to be broken and rebuild mentaly, thats what Piotr could do, it doesn't need to be Mr. Wozniacki of course, just someone who is a bit more strict and doesn't hold back like daddy does.
Ive seen her practice once with her father, i can tell you she clearly was the boss during that practice session, she was the commanding one, not him ;)

maturedgirl
Mar 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Sometimes one needs to be broken ...

Ive seen her practice once with her father, i can tell you she clearly was the boss during that practice session, she was the commanding one, not him ;)

concerning first one: thats not my approach to successful coaching of an adult and independent athlet, it reminds me to the way eastgermans philosophy of coaching, but it's not possible to "brake" an independent, free autonomous mind like Sabine Lisicki;)

How practice takes off probably depends on form of the day but IMO a hot-blooded mind needs cooling-off counterpart...from my personal experience:cool:

everythingtaboo
Mar 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
If I'm really honest, I've always hoped that Sabine would hire the amazing Heinz Gunthardt. It may have something to do with the fact Steffi was the first tennis player I was a fan of, but also seeing how well he worked with Ana Ivanovic and how he "rescued" her from her really bad slump back in 2010. She won two titles during the short time they worked together. I also get the sense he would be good for calming her nerves when it comes to pressure-- after all, he worked with the greatest tennis player of all time for many years (who rarely cracked under pressure)... he must know a thing or two about that. Plus, he has a great work ethic from the stories I've heard about his practice sessions with Ana. Sabs probably needs that too. :rolleyes:

One of the downsides, I realise, would be the expectation from the German media if she were to hire the former coach of the Great Steffi Graf. The Steffi 2.0 articles/comparisons would be rampant.

I don't know... just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. It'll never happen but I'd be the happiest person on Earth it did.

Ziva
Mar 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
no you can't and shouldn't break her mind for sure, i meant you have to break her mental blockade, if she starts crying during a match, she needs a kick in the arse not someone who nearly starts crying too, at first this will be hard, but in the end she'd gain a lot from it, look at Petkovic, she cried a lot and lost her game completely when she wasn't playing well, she changed that after she hired a good team and is now much much more consistend and mentaly stronger than ever.

Sabine is carrying that mental package through out her whole career now, look at 2010 before the injury, she was high in the rankings and started to show nerves all the time, especially when facing opponents she normally beats easily, it's the same now....

so obviously something needs to be a changed, if thats possible with the current team, fine, if not she needs to try new personnel.

Or this whole discussion is useless, because it's just how she always will be playing, going down the rankings and come back with a Bang.
If that Bang will get her a GS sometime, i could live with that;)

Mojobackhand
Mar 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
If I'm really honest, I've always hoped that Sabine would hire the amazing Heinz Gunthardt. It may have something to do with the fact Steffi was the first tennis player I was a fan of, but also seeing how well he worked with Ana Ivanovic and how he "rescued" her from her really bad slump back in 2010. She won two titles during the short time they worked together. I also get the sense he would be good for calming her nerves when it comes to pressure-- after all, he worked with the greatest tennis player of all time for many years (who rarely cracked under pressure)... he must know a thing or two about that. Plus, he has a great work ethic from the stories I've heard about his practice sessions with Ana. Sabs probably needs that too. :rolleyes:

One of the downsides, I realise, would be the expectation from the German media if she were to hire the former coach of the Great Steffi Graf. The Steffi 2.0 articles/comparisons would be rampant.

I don't know... just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. It'll never happen but I'd be the happiest person on Earth it did.

Interesting contribution to this thread, girl! :D
I'd rather see some Steffi 2.0 happen than some Wozniacki coaching!! Even though I'm not a fan of The Woz I really feel sorry for her that she has to put up with that shit her father says. No one needs that! Espeacially not a player who is about to have a slump - and I'm talking about Caro! ;) I wish for her that her father would have let her work with Sanchez w/o interfering. Just look at Petrova of late... :eek: She served like 10+ aces in that match against Stosur. Eeek.

Re: Steffi 2.0 - with so many German girls on the rise I don't think the expectation will all be on one! And that is very good!

everythingtaboo
Mar 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Interesting contribution to this thread, girl! :D
I'd rather see some Steffi 2.0 happen than some Wozniacki coaching!! Even though I'm not a fan of The Woz I really feel sorry for her that she has to put up with that shit her father says. No one needs that! Espeacially not a player who is about to have a slump - and I'm talking about Caro! ;) I wish for her that her father would have let her work with Sanchez w/o interfering. Just look at Petrova of late... :eek: She served like 10+ aces in that match against Stosur. Eeek.

Re: Steffi 2.0 - with so many German girls on the rise I don't think the expectation will all be on one! And that is very good!

I know this is slightly off-topic, but I watched a practice with Caro, Piotr and Sanchez in Perth and if you didn't know any better you would've thought Piotr was her coach and Sanchez had been hired to fetch the tennis balls for the world #1. I'd imagine if Sabine ever hired a new coach-- Dr Lisicki would never interfere like that. I would like him to still travel with her from time to time.... he deserves that after the great work he did to get her to where she is today.

everythingtaboo
Mar 18th, 2012, 02:34 PM

I get the feeling with Angie doing so well lately, and Petko (hopefully) coming back soon the pressure should be lifted off Sabine's shoulders. I hope. :tape:

jasonwright25
Mar 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I get the feeling with Angie doing so well lately, and Petko (hopefully) coming back soon the pressure should be lifted off Sabine's shoulders. I hope. :tape:

Pressure is just stress that one cannot handle. She needs to learn to attack "pressure" and not run from it. If you want to be a champion and reach your potential, you can't be the underdog forever. Sabine just needs to find some mental toughness and her natural talent will take over the rest.

And she needs a coach that will give her the "tough love" approach.

Mojobackhand
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Pressure is just stress that one cannot handle. She needs to learn to attack "pressure" and not run from it. If you want to be a champion and reach your potential, you can't be the underdog forever. Sabine just needs to find some mental toughness and her natural talent will take over the rest.

And she needs a coach that will give her the "tough love" approach.

I think I know what you mean. And even though I don't think I know what's best for her I kinda agree with your observation.

CillyUltra
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Romi Cvitkovic‏ @TennisRom Mar 22nd
Overheard: Bollettieri on JJ, "She has lost her confidence ... Needs a full-time coach. She wanted Chip, but he is with Lisicki."

Any opinion about the role of Chip Brooks and other Bollettieri coaches?

Mojobackhand
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Any opinion about the role of Chip Brooks and other Bollettieri coaches?

No, sorry...

Found this. From last year. Is she having a Bollettieri coach with her in Miami?
A4CmTg9wzrE

MardenDiller
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:56 AM
what's the new coach name?

jasonwright25
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
what's the new coach name?

Chip Brooks

Ian Aberdon
Apr 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Is he a permanent addition to the team, & is he 'as well as' or 'instead of' her dad?

Ziva
Apr 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
as well as, he trained her at the academy before, but is now on route with her to help her find her game again, i guess her dad stepped down for now, but he still travels and trains her, from what i've seen.

CillyUltra
Apr 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM
as well as, he trained her at the academy before, but is now on route with her to help her find her game again, i guess her dad stepped down for now, but he still travels and trains her, from what i've seen.

I haven't heard of it yet.

Lisickifan84
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I haven't heard of it yet.

Me too.
I thought he was only im Miami with her because the acedemy isn't far away. Was he also in Charleston?

Ziva
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Yes he was there, you could see him sitting in her box at her match VS serena.

and Sabi tweeted to Chips wife after charleston so his wife was there too it seems judging the tweet.

since it sadly was a rather short match, you should find him, but dunno at which score they showed her box.

hankmoody
Apr 9th, 2012, 10:36 PM
He was in Charleston? Cool.:)
Unfortunately (or luckily!?) I couldn`t watch her match against Serena.
Will be interesting to see if he`ll join her on her trip to europe too!:)

Off topic, but:
Sabi??? That nickname sounds kinda weird to me, but ok...:lol: I`m not going to judge creativity.;)

Ziva
Apr 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
haha wanted to try something new actually i don't like it either.

maturedgirl
Apr 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM
and Sabi tweeted to Chips wife after charleston so his wife was there too it seems judging the tweet.

Not his wife but their daughter was there ;)
Don't expect Chip's going on the european tour otherwise it's time for trying some changes and come of age :cool:

Ziva
Jan 21st, 2013, 09:45 PM
Done !!!

Welcome Mr. Sanchez

Bring her back on track !

Geekking
Jan 21st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Done !!!

Welcome Mr. Sanchez

Bring her back on track !

better late than never :wavey: Good luck Sabine

Ian Aberdon
Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
At last! Couldn't care less whether it was Sabs herself, dad, or both, but Sabs needed a change. Who knows whether it will work out, but at least it's something different. And something I have been advocating for the last year. She's slipping down the rankings - something needed to be done.

Beaumont
Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
How good is Ricardo Sanchez? His CV says he formerly coached Jankovic and Wozniacki, but JJ and Caro are two of the most one dimensional players of recent times. He certainly didn't add aspects to their game

Ian Aberdon
Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
I think if she remained with the status quo, then it would have been down down, deeper & down.

Geekking
Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
How good is Ricardo Sanchez? His CV says he formerly coached Jankovic and Wozniacki, but JJ and Caro are two of the most one dimensional players of recent times. He certainly didn't add aspects to their game

He also coached Carlos Moya, Nikolay Davydenko and Alejandro Falla. He is also coach of IMG Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy and friend of Chip Brooks who helped Sabine last year.

Patrick345
Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM

He time-share coached Caro for about eight weeks.

What´s wrong with having JJ´s career? He made her #1 in the world. You´d have a problem with Lisicki becoming #1 and having more wins over Serena than Azarenka/Sharapova combined? :confused:

If he could coach Lisicki to an Olympic medal, a Premier 900, a MM YEC and a Doubles YEC like he did with Petrova last year it would be the greatest six months of Lisicki´s career.

Whether it works out or not she has to get some new input.

Nina.
Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:42 PM

He coached JJ during her best time when she was playing great tennis and winning against great players :shrug:
I think it's a good decision to get a coach, let's see how it works out between the two.

Dorien.
Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
I'm curious to see what he can do with Sabine. (And how long it will last.)

Bino
Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm curious to see what he can do with Sabine. (And how long it will last.)
I hope he will strengthen her self confidence and safety game, so she can use her full potential. He dosn't need to explain her how to hit the ball.

wagner1912
Jan 24th, 2013, 02:23 AM
He served much in the duo-Kirilenko Petrova.
He helped petrova for the Olympics and that she was the main objective of the previous year, so she joined Kirilenko. By winning so many games and major titles, it made that singles made improved since their confidence was another.
So I think Bine must set clear goals and learn from this experience, this may mean a change for her and I do not think it change of one day to another, but if you can go slowly gaining confidence that is what she need to recover and find tranquility in their matches thus she can go back to feel better in a court enjoying.

CillyUltra
Jan 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
He also coached Carlos Moya, Nikolay Davydenko and Alejandro Falla. He is also coach of IMG Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy and friend of Chip Brooks who helped Sabine last year.

He was a coach at the academy before he took over Jankovic but remained part of the Bollettieri universe of course. Probably they knew each other before, and maybe the IMG/ Bollettieri network played a role in bringing them together.

CillyUltra
Jan 27th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Coach Ricardo Sanchez considers state of the WTA (http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/01/coach-ricardo-sanchez-considers-state-wta/45958/#.UQWBOqU-1W8)

As to whether he'd coach an ATP player: "I wouldn't really care to. The problem there is that on the women's tour I'm at a level of the five best coaches in the world, and I am in demand. Now, if there came about the chance to train a young lad who looks like a good bet, of course I would do it for less money."
;)

Ziva
Jan 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM
He thinks very high of himself :lol:

Schnffy
Jan 28th, 2013, 09:40 AM
sabine is a good bet...i like that phrase... :spit:

everythingtaboo
Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
So what do we all think of Mr Sanchez a month in? I'm impressed. 2 finals in a matter of a weeks is a great improvement. I hope Sabine keeps him for a while, at least until after Wimbledon.

Ziva
Apr 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Sanchez gone, she won't change her game

Sabine about why she fired Sanchez:

Lisicki: Trennung von Coach Sanchez

Nach gut drei Monaten hat Sabine Lisicki die Zusammenarbeit mit ihrem Trainer Ricardo Sanchez schon wieder beendet.

"Es hat einfach nicht gepasst. Ricardo ist ein sehr guter Coach, aber seine Vorstellung war eine andere. Dadurch ist mir mein instinktives Spiel verloren gegangen, das mich immer so ausgezeichnet hat", sagte die Weltranglisten-47. beim WTA-Turnier in Stuttgart.

Bei der Sandplatzveranstaltung war Lisicki am Montagabend durch ein 6:3, 6:4 gegen die Qualifikantin Nastassja Burnett (Italien) ins Achtelfinale eingezogen. Neuer Coach der Berlinerin ist Robert Orlik, der auch Mona Barthel (Neumünster) betreut.

Lisicki hatte den 52-jährigen Sanchez erst am Rande der Australian Open Ende Januar in Melbourne als ihren neuen Trainer vorgestellt. Der Spanier hatte zuvor schon die früheren Weltranglistenersten Caroline Wozniacki (Dänemark) und Jelena Jankovic (Serbien) sowie die Russin Nadja Petrowa betreut.

Mit Wimbledon-Viertelfinalistin Lisicki, die zuvor immer von ihrem Vater Richard betreut worden war, konnte sich Sanchez offenbar nicht über die Taktik einigen.

"Ich konnte nicht frei aufspielen und war zu sehr eingeschränkt. Ich war zu defensiv", erklärte die 23-Jährige. Lisicki hatte mit Sanchez immerhin die Finals von Memphis und Pattaya erreicht.

Sanchez hatte im vergangenen Jahr Schlagzeilen gemacht, als er nach nur zwei Monaten von Wozniacki gefeuert worden war. Zudem hatte er einst beim Turnier in Tokio vor laufender Kamera eine Gegnerin seines Ex-Schützlings Petrowa übel beleidigt.

In English what she said abou the Reasons

"....it just didn't work, Ricardo is a very good coach, but he had different plans than me regarding my game.
I lost my instinctive game...."

"I couldn't play freely, was too limited. I was to defensive."

As i suspected it's the same we saw with Wozniacki, she won't change her game at all :help:
Those defensive skills are something she would need to get some kind of consistency.....

Not very promising, daddys girl still not ready for some new ideas :(

Patrick345
Apr 24th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Sanchez gone, she won't change her game

Sabine about why she fired Sanchez:

In English what she said abou the Reasons

As i suspected it's the same we saw with Wozniacki, she won't change her game at all :help:
Those defensive skills are something she would need to get some kind of consistency.....

Not very promising, daddys girl still not ready for some new ideas :(

Defensive. I saw no defensive game in Memphis or Pattay City. I saw more structure and hitting patterns in her powerful baseline tennis. You cannot win regularly on hardcourts (especially) if you just bash at everything and have no basic rally game or structure. I´m sure he didn´t tell her to stop hitting winners, but to find the best spots to hit winners. For that you need to be able to rally. Tennis 101. He didn´t turn Petrova into JJ now did he? Turned her into a P5 winner, Olympic medalist, Doubles and MM world champion though. Honestly sounds like an even dumber split than him being rude or greedy. The whole idea of hiring a NEW coach is trying NEW things, no? :help:

Ziva
Apr 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah, doesn't sound good at all.
Seems unable or unwilling to change something, which will lead her nowhere.

JohnMcP
Apr 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I definitely saw some defensive play against Burdette, but I thought that was part of trying to find the balance between agressiveness and being able to rally long enough to set up points. I don't think Sanchez was trying to turn Sabine into Caro and I think finding this balance would take at least a little time and adjustments.

crazillo
Apr 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Well her coach told her yesterday to not aim for the lines all the time so I don't think they have a different approach on where to improve Bine's game. ;)

Beaumont
Apr 25th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I was a bit unkind on Sanchez initially, by asking how good is he?

I take that back, but I'm disappointed in Sabine

The year she had in 2012 shows she needs to do something different.
In the modern game, you can't play 100% aggressive all the time, you need to be patient, have good shot selection & be able to defend.
Patience, shot selection and defence are Sabine's weakest areas - if she's not prepared to work on those areas, then I'm afraid she will never be the player we want her to be

This is clearly why she loves grass, it's more suitable to her style

Ziva
Apr 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
if Orlik will stay her coach, i'm fine with it, maybe he can help her somehow.

But i don't think he has been hired at all, i bet he won't be with her next tournament.

chaton
Apr 25th, 2013, 11:32 AM

But i don't think he has been hired at all, i bet he won't be with her next tournament.

That's the problem. I think she needs her own full time coach.

Especially someone, who stabilize her mind. If Sabine is confident she normally finds the balance between being agressive and overhitting.

If she's out of confidence she doesn't move anymore, gets a bad position to every ball and of course hits them everywhere but inside the court. Or she plays to defensive and makes errors then too.

雨傘
Apr 25th, 2013, 11:40 PM
"....it just didn't work, Ricardo is a very good coach, but he had different plans than me regarding my game.
I lost my instinctive game...."

"I couldn't play freely, was too limited. I was to defensive."

Thank you for that translation. It sounds to me that in other words, she just wanted a yes man to tell her she's doing fine, everything is good, instead of really reforming her game. When you have the weapons, you MUST have DISCIPLINE also, or you are way worse off than somebody with totally no weapons but does have discipline. Or it will be as it stands, one decent match per year from Sabine getting everybody hopes up, everything else crap. Or two almost good matches per year, if she plays Fed cup. Sanchez is good, get back with him immediately.

Nina.
Apr 25th, 2013, 11:48 PM

Yes, that would be a problem. I think she was doing fine with Sanchez but it didn't work out, ok. But I think it is essential for her to have a fulltime coach - whoever it might be.

maturedgirl
May 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
Was really good to see how the communication w Orlik worked on court (watched them at several practise sessions in Stuttgart!) and Dr. Lisicki was not more than the ballcatcher and line/court cleaner or racquetadmin :lol:

I already noticed Orliks successful coaching during annikas matches in Lux, he's always positive motivating, exactly what sabine needs to feel well on court but nonetheless giving precise advises. Funny to c they just found a working wordless communication during matches :tape:

Great chemistry between them. They obv. work together until RG. And it looks like Sabine also hit it off pretty well w Annika, good combo! :yeah:

Ziva
May 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
After backup coach Orlik, new coach again ?

Dewulf Filip ‏@GraveyardFilip 31m

Nothing official yet but we hear that Wim Fissette, former coach of Kim Clijsters, will start working with @sabinelisicki.

sghskhgkj
May 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/481705_10151612322069883_425835731_n.jpg

That's him there isn't it?

Ziva
May 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM
yep, so it seems legit

everythingtaboo
May 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
After backup coach Orlik, new coach again ?

Dewulf Filip ‏@GraveyardFilip 31m

Nothing official yet but we hear that Wim Fissette, former coach of Kim Clijsters, will start working with @sabinelisicki.

This is amazing if true. As a Kim fan, I saw how great he was for Kim. Hopefully he'll prove to have the same effect on Bine. :bounce:

Lisickinator
May 26th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Accidentally, I was on her homepage (http://www.sabinelisicki.com/news-reader/items/wim-fissette-in-team.php) and Wim Fissette is confirmed as her new coach.

Sabine: "I'm happy to welcome Wim Fissette in my team. He's going to start working with me from Roland Garros."

Ian Aberdon
May 26th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Accidentally, I was on her homepage (http://www.sabinelisicki.com/news-reader/items/wim-fissette-in-team.php)

Accidentally??! :lol:

Lisickinator
May 26th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Yeah, her homepage was the first hit on google. I don't know why I clicked on it.

http://images02.tennisnet.com/fissette_jh_FormatA/Content_FormatA_484x238/22.233

JohnMcP
May 27th, 2013, 03:11 AM
As recent as last week, she was still welcoming Ricardo Sanchez as her new coach on her homepage.:confused: I think the only thing that consistently changes is her next tournament, and there's no guarantee that will change. Although I do confess that I check it out (un)accidentally on occasion. :lol:

sghskhgkj
Jun 21st, 2013, 09:01 PM
Kim Clijsters tweeted something before that intimated Sabine's taken on Sam Verslegers as part of her team also, who I think may have been Kim's fitness trainer/physio? Given Bine's made of glass, it can only be a good thing for her to have her own specific one!

Ziva
Jun 21st, 2013, 09:38 PM
if she want's to improve, that would be the way to go, build a proper team, coach, physio etc. no more family business

CillyUltra
Jun 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Kim Clijsters tweeted something before that intimated Sabine's taken on Sam Verslegers as part of her team also, who I think may have been Kim's fitness trainer/physio? Given Bine's made of glass, it can only be a good thing for her to have her own specific one!

Yes he was Kim's former physio. Left is Wim. ;)

http://s19.postimg.org/csznrzmv7/Kim.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sam+Verslegers+Sony+Ericsson+Open+Day+12+DZT5vpUdw aTx.jpg

Of course remains to be seen if he's working permanently with Sabine or just in Wimbledon.

Beaumont
Jul 5th, 2013, 09:32 AM
What an excellent job Wim Fissette and Sam Verslegers have done with Sabine

Her defence, fitness & movement have improved greatly, and she has shown a genuine balance between power & touch

She was very quick to play down the Serena victory, suggesting there was still 3 matches to win.
I think Fissette's influence & getting her brain into slam winning mode shouldn't be ignored here

BoomBoomLisicki
Jul 5th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I think I might have to send Wim Fissette a thank you letter,he's obviously played a big part in this incredible run, I just hope he's with Bine for a while

Patrick345
Jul 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
What an excellent job Wim Fissette and Sam Verslegers have done with Sabine

Her defence, fitness & movement have improved greatly, and she has shown a genuine balance between power & touch

She was very quick to play down the Serena victory, suggesting there was still 3 matches to win.
I think Fissette's influence & getting her brain into slam winning mode shouldn't be ignored here

I don´t think he had anything to do with the fitness part of her game actually. She came out of the off-season in top shape. She worked her butt off, well not literally. :p It just didn´t show due to her usual illness/injury/mental problems. I think the biggest influence he probably had on her is the actual preparation for the specific opponents. She is still an irrational confidence player at this stage. There is no other place in the world she turns around these matches against Serena and Radwanska. At least for now. His challenge in the coming months will be to make her a player that can control her emotions, improve and utilize her skills, when things are not going so well. We all knew that she needed a coaching change and maybe she finally found the right person. I was skeptical after the Sanchez blow-up. I´m just happy that she didn´t go back to her father as a full-time coach, but continued her search. Coaching daddies seem an outdated concept at the very top level.

Ian Aberdon
Jul 5th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Interesting about the ankle braces. I did wonder whether or not they maybe in some way impeded her footwork. I used to hate wearing shinguards when playing football, as I thought I had less control over the ball - wherever possible, I always tried to do without wearing them if I could get away with it as I was always more comfortable without them.

Maybe it was psychological - maybe not; that's my point. Maybe taking the ankle braces off at least for singles is giving Sabs more freedom of movement on the court & in her mind.

BoomBoomLisicki
Jul 5th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Interesting about the ankle braces. I did wonder whether or not they maybe in some way impeded her footwork. I used to hate wearing shinguards when playing football, as I thought I had less control over the ball - wherever possible, I always tried to do without wearing them if I could get away with it as I was always more comfortable without them.

Maybe it was psychological - maybe not; that's my point. Maybe taking the ankle braces off at least for singles is giving Sabs more freedom of movement on the court & in her mind.

I know what you mean with the shin guards theyre such a hinderance,I hate having my socks up aswell so when I have to wear shinguards it absolutely ruins me so I'm guessing the ankle braces must hinder her at least a little

sghskhgkj
Sep 20th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Wim's been fired. (http://www.rp-online.de/sport/mehr/tennis/lisicki-trennt-sich-von-trainer-fissette-1.3692197)

BoomBoomLisicki
Sep 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM
:facepalm:

chaton
Sep 20th, 2013, 06:06 PM
In the moment I have the feeling she takes one wrong decision after the other. She needs a bit stability in her team and not change it every half a year...

Patrick345
Sep 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Wim's been fired. (http://www.rp-online.de/sport/mehr/tennis/lisicki-trennt-sich-von-trainer-fissette-1.3692197)

So to sum up:

Sanchez becomes coach.

Pattaya City final ---> Memphis final ---> simply quits, because she was outplayed by Erakovic ---> subsequently withdrawal from Indian Wells ---> break-up.

Fissette becomes coach.

Wimbledon final ---> two months victory parade including withdrawal from Stanford ---> withdrawal from Tokyo ---> break up.

It´s not hard to imagine that these coaches, who know what it takes to actually WIN at the highest level (Slams or #1) and their idea to bring Lisicki to that next level clashed with Lisicki´s personality, i.e. demand more mental toughness, hardwork and professionalism.

Ian Aberdon
Sep 20th, 2013, 08:40 PM

Oh noooo......... :rolls:

Ziva
Sep 20th, 2013, 10:49 PM
another stupid move.

we have to face it, she won't ever change a thing.

Two top coaches say she needs to play a little different and she fires them.

JohnMcP
Sep 21st, 2013, 03:45 AM
Surprising -- I really thought Wim was going to be a long-term solution. :rolleyes: But I guess I shouldn't be surprised with anything about Sabine.

She needs to be open-minded about trying new things with her game to get to the next level -- especially during the hard-court season in which she really has nothing to lose. :confused:

Ian Aberdon
Sep 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM
What is Sabine doing? If she cannot accept advice that's different from her mindset; if she cannot change to get to the next level on a more consistent basis, then - she will be stuck yo-yoing in the middle reaches of the WTA forever. Where does she believe her game is? Not at the top end, surely. Seems she is happy with mediocrity, to 'have fun' & earn some money for shopping as she goes globetrotting. Her game has potential - but each year she gets older, that potential has to be realized. Right now, it is not.

She is also going to get an unwanted reputation for running through coaches. Unless you agree with her/dad - then, forget it.

Surely she can't rely on dad/Nick B forever - Nick's in his 80s now.

Michael!
Sep 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM
^^ not much to add to all this, can´t understand Sabine here at all, just :cuckoo:
but sometimes it´s just impossible to understand her, even as a fan....

Bino
Sep 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
So maybe the reason for firing Fissette is that she makes him responsible for the final loss in Wimbledon. Maybe she has the impression he has given her the wrong tactics on the way in final. Till now it seems she hasn't yet accepted that loss. It's still in her mind and she wasn't able to watch this match for analyzing it even months after Wimbledon.

Sabine needs absolute harmony in her team and if there's missing one small link she questions the whole system.

It's a dilemma because she needs continuity if she wants to improve but she isn't able to keep it up because she's quickly feeling annoyed if things are not working as expected.

The question is how she gets motivation and confidence for the rest of the season. She has not much to defend but I think she needs the pressure to reach her best level.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Lucky_Loser
Sep 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
So maybe the reason for firing Fissette is that she makes him responsible for the final loss in Wimbledon. Maybe she has the impression he has given her the wrong tactics on the way in final. Till now it seems she hasn't yet accepted that loss. It's still in her mind and she wasn't able to watch this match for analyzing it even months after Wimbledon.

Sabine needs absolute harmony in her team and if there's missing one small link she questions the whole system.

It's a dilemma because she needs continuity if she wants to improve but she isn't able to keep it up because she's quickly feeling annoyed if things are not working as expected.

The question is how she gets motivation and confidence for the rest of the season. She has not much to defend but I think she needs the pressure to reach her best level.

I highly doubt that this is the reason for firing him, given that his tactics were the ones that got her to the final in the first place.

I think she believes that only hard hitting will give her a chance and doesn't really like change or some tweaks to her game, even though they're needed if she wants to become a more consistant player.

For example, it's nice to have a fast first serve, but if you aren't able to serve it at a high percentage it won't be as effective as we've seen during the US Open.
Also, trying to hit fireballs all the time on the opponents 2nd serve isn't the greatest idea, as some better placement and a little less pace would be enough to position yourself to get the point on the 2nd ball at the latest.
The same thing could be said about her serve, which could use some better percentages even if she loses a couple mph on it, cause that would still be enough to net her some easy points.

Those are just two things she should work on but that would mean tweaking her game and not just firing on all cylinders all the time, which seems not what she's got in mind.

Anyways, I really hope she realises that she needs some work on her game and does get herself a coach for a longer period of time the next time around.

Bino
Sep 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
I highly doubt that this is the reason for firing him, given that his tactics were the ones that got her to the final in the first place.

From the rational point of view it's true but the decision mustn't be necessarily rational. Of course it's speculation but the match plan she personally would have preferred for the final was probably more aggressive than the one of her coach. This could have affected her relationship to the coach throughout I don't think it's completely unlikely.

I don't say that I appreciate this but it's imaginable at all.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Pimp_Me_Pova
Sep 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM
jesus she lost in wibmli final and she can't get her shit together :cuckoo: and now firing wim instead rocking on hard court since she has nothing to defend from last season and try to get to YEC or top 10.. she is avoiding tournaments and complicating :help::help:

i really don't understand how on grass she can be so good, well not grass just wimbledon, and with this game so bad on hard court, on hard she should be even more better :help:

jesus, so now till next wimbly we will wait for her to make sth good and go deep on tournament :facepalm:

wagner1912
Sep 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM
Lisicki with or without coach always plays well at wimbledon that's not a problem, the real problem is that she does not realize that her game often depends on your mood or the conditions of the day. I've never seen her have a game plan in a match and she thinks that tennis is a game of power and it is not so ... the worst is that she does not realize that sometimes when things not work, is needed make a change more for the mindset of Sabine and her emotions that betray her constantly. I hate to see that in all these years I still to Sabine since 2009 she always does the same and hurt your career, your level of distrust I'm amazed, she's not a player that just starting, she will to meet 24 years tomorrow. You should consider that tennis is not two or three tournaments and power not only allowed is in tennis. Every time I think more than the high level of 2011 was just a mirage of what she could be as a player. No case, Sabine has too much pride and things will be this way always

sghskhgkj
Oct 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM
According to a British Eurosport commentator who spoke to Robert Orlik, Sabine (or rather, her father) is still looking for a full-time coach. Orlik was approached himself but turned it down to stay with Annika.

Patrick345
Oct 19th, 2013, 07:54 PM
According to a British Eurosport commentator who spoke to Robert Orlik, Sabine (or rather, her father) is still looking for a full-time coach. Orlik was approached himself but turned it down to stay with Annika.

Smart man. Stuck with the more mature 19 year old. Might be a lesser talent, but at least she is willing to listen and learn.

Ian Aberdon
Jan 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM
So do we think Sabine & team will call upon the services of Martina Hingis in future tournaments after their sadly all-to-short collaboration at the AO? Maybe for the GSlams?

Lamb4Life
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Apparently there's a mutual interest between Sabine and Martina Hingis in a long(er)-term partnership :)

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/tennis/martina-hingis-will-sabine-lisicki-weiter-trainieren-aid-1.3975232

Ian Aberdon
Jan 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Notice that Wim Fissette is to work with Simona Halep. If Simona feels able to hire Wim to help her, why didn't Sabine think it would work? She didn't give it a chance.

JohnMcP
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Simona fired Marcu just after winning her sixth tournament last year and has gone the AO without any coach. There's always been a case of "musical coaches" among the players, but my favorites seem to make the most puzzling moves. :confused:

Anyway, hopefully since Martina has been an idol of Sabine's their partnership will last longer and Sabs will be able to be openminded and listen to her.;)

Ziva
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:58 PM
I don't think Hingis can help her.
Especially since Hingis hasn't even proven to be a good coach so far.
Couldn't help Pavlyuchenkova which has pretty much the same problems Sabine has....

Sabine had two good coaches, should have kept one of those.

Mike81
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Intriguing decision. We'll see how Martina influences her over a few tournaments and don't just judge this arrangement on one bad loss by Bine in 42 degrees.

NeKo
Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:40 PM
Simona fired Marcu just after winning her sixth tournament last year and has gone the AO without any coach. There's always been a case of "musical coaches" among the players, but my favorites seem to make the most puzzling moves. :confused:

Neither Marcu or Mlendea were "real coaches". And Marcu couldn't travel with Simona anymore, he wanted to spend more time with his family. And he wasn't the kind of coach to change something in her game, he was just sharing an opinion based on his experience. I think Sabine made a very big mistake in firing Fissette. I mean, the guy has a big ambition, if he wanted to change something in Sabine's game, he wanted to help her to get better.

BoomBoomLisicki
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
Firing Fisette was a facepalm move especially after a Wimbledon final

KatjaS
Jul 30th, 2014, 06:52 AM
https://twitter.com/letstalktennis1/status/494368959752593408

@letstalktennis1 23m
According to @R1lemoine, Sabine Lisicki now working with French coach Guillaume Peyre. Former coach of Gasquet, Baghdatis, Peng #wta

CillyUltra
Aug 9th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Guillaume Peyre has updated his LinkedIn profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/guillaume-peyre/45/113/325/en

Guess that's a sign he's officially the traveling coach of Sabine now.

He's a coach of the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy since this year. Martina who worked for the MTA might have played a role in making the contact.

JohnMcP
Aug 9th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Guillaume Peyre has updated his LinkedIn profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/guillaume-peyre/45/113/325/en

Guess that's a sign he's officially the traveling coach of Sabine now.

He's a coach of the Mouratoglou Tennis Academy since this year. Martina who worked for the MTA might have played a role in making the contact.

His LinkedIn profile also says he is presently Putintseva's coach. :confused: She played in the Rogers Cup, so I guess Sabs gets priority! ;)

mdmcgrory
Aug 11th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Wasn't Annika Beck's coach Sabine's on court coach at Stanford 2 weeks ago? I'm actually kind of positive about that. So if Peyre is coaching her now, it seems like another not travelling most of the time/part time coach deal. And I don't think Sabine needs any new voices in ear, certainly not after the past two calendar years. I want her to succeed as much as anyone, and I realize her ball is way too flat and lacks spin, and there are a few other things that would be great if she had in her arsenal, but at 25 years-old no coach is going change that. If Sabine was just able to stay healthy and not have as many WD's her ranking would be higher, her seedings would be higher and she would go deeper in tournaments, and she'd be doing just fine.

Lamb4Life
Aug 11th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Guillaume Peyre was already there as Sabine's coach at Stanford!

mdmcgrory
Aug 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM
So if not Stanford, at some point during the clay court season was Robert Orlick her on court coach for one tournament after she split with Hingus? I'm totally ok with being 100% wrong, I'm just sure I saw that recently And I know it seems very odd giving their history, but that's why it stuck in my head. (You know it would be cool if he was helping her out, and it would show Richard is willing to hand over the mic to a guy and thus isn't your typical tennis dad, and that people who have been around her still care about the gal enough to help her out during a transition. But I'm just relying on memory here.)

Ziva
Aug 12th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Orlik was coaching her a few weeks in 2013, not 2014

Lisickinator
Aug 12th, 2014, 08:34 PM
The split with Hingis became public right before Wimbledon.

JohnMcP
Aug 13th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Orlik was coaching her a few weeks in 2013, not 2014

One of the British commentators (can't remember his name) has kept repeating that Orlik and Sabine still have some kind of arrangement, but I think he is mistaken - I haven't seen or heard anything since their little stint in 2013. In fact, after she fired Wim, Sabine sought Orlik's services, but he said he wanted to coach Annika Beck full time.

mdmcgrory
Aug 14th, 2014, 12:30 AM
One of the British commentators (can't remember his name) has kept repeating that Orlik and Sabine still have some kind of arrangement, but I think he is mistaken - I haven't seen or heard anything since their little stint in 2013. In fact, after she fired Wim, Sabine sought Orlik's services, but he said he wanted to coach Annika Beck full time.

Yeah that sounds absolutely right! I was watching a match via streaming, the announcer said Sabine was working with Orlik even though he was Beck's coach. And I knew Orlik picked working with Beck over Sabine, but I didn't know what the guy looked like so I just took the commentator at face value when he said they were working together.

Lisickinator
Sep 19th, 2014, 01:33 PM
http://tennisnet.com/de/damen/wta/3872835/Sabine-Lisicki_Zusammenarbeit-mit-Guillaume-Peyre-als-Coach-schon?xtor=CS1-15

Peyre is not her coach anymore.
Philipp Born, who already coached her during the off-season in Cologne will coach her during the Asian tour.

Michael!
Sep 19th, 2014, 01:35 PM
WTF? :help:
Sabine keeps firing the coaches...

chaton
Sep 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM
But maybe Born is really a good choice. I like the things he said to her during the coaching in Hongkong.

Michael!
Sep 19th, 2014, 01:43 PM
yeah, but we´ll see if she will continue with him at all after the Asia tour, I just would like to see her working together with one coach for longer than 4 weeks...

Ziva
Sep 19th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Her coach changes make her look really stupid, i mean she should know that a coach can only improve her game over time, not in a few weeks.

Saraya!
Sep 19th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Her coach changes make her look really stupid, i mean she should know that a coach can only improve her game over time, not in a few weeks.

You really think, she is interested in that?:angel:

Ziva
Sep 19th, 2014, 02:25 PM
You really think, she is interested in that?:angel:

what else is a coach for ?

Saraya!
Sep 19th, 2014, 02:40 PM
what else is a coach for ?

She need her coach for telling her how great she was/is...when he want to change something, she kick him...

silesia
Sep 19th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Ok, she won Hongkong with him, so maybe they found a common language.

JohnMcP
Sep 20th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I was impressed with Born in Hong Kong -- she seemed to say the right things at the right times and turn things around at least on a couple of occasions.

wolf79
Sep 20th, 2014, 09:17 PM
She need her coach for telling her how great she was/is...when he want to change something, she kick him...

well, obviously she's not that great considering her achievements so far. and: i do have a theory about the moment lisicki would dumb her current coach immediately as it is very likely the moment when her coach addresses her fitness deficits. it would explain everything, wouldn't it?? ;)

Schnffy
Sep 22nd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Jörg Allmeroth ‏@Almighurt 42 min
Lisicki testing possible alliance with former DC-winner Goellner in Wuhan...

:eek:

Lisickinator
Sep 22nd, 2014, 06:39 PM
http://tennisnet.com/de/damen/wta/3873907/Sabine-Lisicki-und-MarcKevin-Goellner_BumBumBine-und-Baby-Bum-Bum

Lamb4Life
Sep 22nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
She's clearly testing different coaches before hiring them full time... Wish I could test my people first before they get a full contract :lol:

Saraya!
Sep 22nd, 2014, 08:54 PM
She's clearly testing different coaches before hiring them full time... Wish I could test my people first before they get a full contract :lol:

But testing doesn´t help in her case..she kicked everybody all the time..

JohnMcP
Sep 22nd, 2014, 09:29 PM
Open auditions to be Sabine's coach.:eek: Where can I find an application? :silly:

Since Goellner and Sabine started their coaching relationship on their shared birthday, maybe this is a sign that the stars will align properly this time. :shrug:

kerberfan
Sep 23rd, 2014, 02:07 AM
happy birthday bine!!!!

Patrick345
Sep 23rd, 2014, 07:16 AM
Time for a change again? :help:

Ian Aberdon
Sep 23rd, 2014, 05:34 PM
Oh Lord! :lol:

MrStylo
Sep 23rd, 2014, 09:50 PM
Sorry, but Göllner got his Academy since about 10 years in Cologne now, and he didnt develop any player at all. He is very well conected to the press, so his players get good articles in the local press.
He wont be pushing Lisicki , wont criticize her, wont confront her with her poor results ( in comparison with her talent)
And Born: I saw him last year practicing with a player (female 16yo) who wants to become professional and used to be Top3 in Germany before he took over the Headcoach at the Tennis Federation Mittelrhein (TVM)
"Oh its so hot do i have to work hard???
" no its fine, you can take a day off and go swimming" WTF??????

No Joking!

Lisickinator
Sep 26th, 2014, 08:56 AM
http://www.sport.de/medien/40945-1f7bf5-548f-10/lisicki-management-peyre-hat-von-sich-aus-aufgehoert.html

Peyre stopped the cooperation to spend more time with his family.

germantennis_fan
Sep 26th, 2014, 10:17 AM
What a pity :( But I'm glad she didn't fire him.

Lamb4Life
Sep 26th, 2014, 03:37 PM
http://www.sport.de/medien/40945-1f7bf5-548f-10/lisicki-management-peyre-hat-von-sich-aus-aufgehoert.html

Furthermore, from what I understand from this article is that she is trying different coaches before she makes a decision who to continue with.. So she's not firing coaches every couple of weeks.. I know she doesn't have the best reputation regarding her frequency of coach changes..but conclusions are drawn here too fast without knowing what's actually going on :rolleyes:

Saraya!
Sep 26th, 2014, 05:30 PM

Same like Hogstedt :tape:

Geekking
Sep 27th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Sabine Lisicki Hires Former Olympic Medallist As New Coach on Trial Basis

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Sabine-Lisicki-Hires-Former-Olympic-Medallist-As-New-Coach-on-Trial-Basis-articolo20410.html