PDA

View Full Version : being fired...

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Today my boss "invited" me to leave the company because she doesn't feel like working with me! She wants to arrange my departure for the end of the month!!:sad:
BTW She arrived 3 months ago and I'm here for 2.5 year....

I left my parents and my native city for this job and now I have to go back.
I feel like shit right now and I don't know what I'll do.

Can you share your bad experiences with your previous jobs:confused:

Petkorazzi
Jan 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
:hug: Don't you have some workman rights in France that don't allow her just to fire you like that? Anyway, you should try to find another job around there if you don't want to leave, you have like a month ;)

spiceboy
Jan 3rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
In Spain you would get a big bonus for being fired PLUS a maximum of 2 years of a monthly wage of around 1000€ if you don't find/want to get a job. I hope things are similar in France for you :)

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
yeah there are similar things in France.

I'll get a bonus and it opens rights for unumployment incomes (70% of my current salary)

But still, it's not so easy to accept!

Super Dave
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear :hug:

Balltossovic
Jan 3rd, 2012, 07:58 PM
I got laid off from my job after working there for 5 years. I was told that due to the economic situation, my position was being eliminated.

I ranted, I raved, I collected unemployment for four months. Then, I found out the person I was working with had stolen 14 thousand dollars from the company.

It was actually a blessing is diguise. I have no doubt she would've tried to pass the blame. Exactly one month later, I got a job in Manhattan. I've already been promoted and given a rais twice.

I know you need time to be mad, but trust me, this might be YOUR blessing in disguise.

Hang in there:hug:

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
^Thanks!

I'm actually planning to go back to where I grew up. See my family and friends and start a new life there.
I hope a new job will come.

spiceboy
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:04 PM
^Thanks!

I'm actually planning to go back to where I grew up. See my family and friends and start a new life there.

That sounds like a good plan :)

I'm sure you will be ok :hug:

Yorker
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
If her reason for firing is not wanting to work with you, i'd personally get a lawyer

Mistress of Evil
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
That sucks! Hopefully, you will get some rest, regroup and find a better job, eventually! :)

new-york
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
Today my boss "invited" me to leave the company because she doesn't feel like working with me! She wants to arrange my departure for the end of the month!!:sad:
BTW She arrived 3 months ago and I'm here for 2.5 year....

I left my parents and my native city for this job and now I have to go back.
I feel like shit right now and I don't know what I'll do.

Can you share your bad experiences with your previous jobs:confused:

Not feeling? Arrange?

Hope you can rebound quickly. But if that's the words she used do not let her get away with it. (Tu travailles où ? Tu repars où du coup ?)

Balltossovic
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:25 PM
^Thanks!

Great plan! I actually took a month and did nothing but babysit a new born. Let me tell you, it was the BEST therapy in the world.
Babies can make every hurt go away! :)

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Not feeling? Arrange?

Hope you can rebound quickly. But if that's the words she used do not let her get away with it. (Tu travailles où ? Tu repars où du coup ?)

The direction she was giving to my job wasn't good for me anyway. She was downgrading my tasks a lot.
I feel like ther's nothing left for me in this company so I think I'll.accept that as an opportunity for me.

Nice french!
I work in Paris and i'll go back to Metz. I hope to find a new job in Luxembourg which is very close;)

new-york
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM
The direction she was giving to my job wasn't good for me anyway. She was downgrading my tasks a lot.
I feel like ther's nothing left for me in this company so I think I'll.accept that as an opportunity for me.

Nice french!
I work in Paris and i'll go back to Metz. I hope to find a new job in Luxembourg which is very close;)

Well, just make sure they are giving you the max before leaving, but that's the spirit! Good luck looking for a job, after some well deserved sofa time with the fam.

Et je suis Français. :p

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Well, just make sure they are giving you the max before leaving, but that's the spirit! Good luck looking for a job, after some well deserved sofa time with the fam.

Et je suis Français. :p

Ah OK:tape:

I have a big trip in the USA planned in march too:bounce:

Sammo
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Sāi Wēng lived on the border and he raised horses for a living. One day he lost a horse and his neighbor felt sorry for him, but Sāi Wēng didn’t care about the horse, because he thought it wasn’t a bad thing to lose a horse. After a while the horse returned with another beautiful horse, and the neighbor congratulated him on his good luck. But Sāi Wēng thought that maybe it wasn’t a good thing to have this new horse.

His son liked the new horse a lot and often took it riding. One day his son fell off the horse and broke his leg. Because of his broken leg, he couldn’t go off to the war, as was expected of all the young men in the area. Most of them died.

This proverb is said when bad luck turns to good, or when good luck turns to bad.

But anyway frenchie, no Chinese proverb can excuse your boss of being a bitch.

Good luck ;)

Nicolás89
Jan 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Being fired sucks, specially when you feel they are firing you for no reason at all. I'm 22 y.o. still in college been working since I was 16 in multiple jobs and I've been fired, like seriously A LOT, I'm like an expert on what you're feeling. That's one of the reasons why now I'm self employed, although sometimes it gets extremely stressful when you don't have a stable source of income. Anyway, in these times unfortunately jobs come and go, I hope everything works out just fine.

frenchie
Jan 3rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
nice words from you all!

I'll try to take it as an opportunity to find something better.
I'll keep you updated.

frenchie
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hello

Just to let you know I've been contacted by numerous other companies for a new job!!
2012 is not starting so bad after all

Sammo
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cool

The Witch-king
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Congratulations on the job offers! Hope you get one.

Brooklyn90
Jan 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Question for you guys about a job... I just recently started a new job, I work 8 hours a day but do not get a break or a lunch. Is that illegal in the United States???

*Jean*
Jan 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hello

Just to let you know I've been contacted by numerous other companies for a new job!!
2012 is not starting so bad after all

Sous quelle prétexte elle te dégage du jour au lendemain? :confused:

Balltossovic
Jan 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Question for you guys about a job... I just recently started a new job, I work 8 hours a day but do not get a break or a lunch. Is that illegal in the United States???
Yes, it is. You're entitled to at least a 30 minute (non paid) break and also a 15 minute paid break.

May I ask what industry you're in?

Brooklyn90
Jan 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Yes, it is. You're entitled to at least a 30 minute (non paid) break and also a 15 minute paid break.

May I ask what industry you're in?

I just started working at Cold Stone. I find it ridiculous that we can't even take a small break and sit down. Especially when I work in the morning, and am not able to eat anything until I get off.

frenchie
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Sous quelle prétexte elle te dégage du jour au lendemain? :confused:

Parce que cette salope ne "se sent pas de travailler avec moi" et n'a "pas confiance en moi".
En fait, depuis qu'elle est arrivée, elle a réorganisé le service et elle me refile tout le boulot de merde, ne me donne pas les infos, retire ma prime de fin d'année...afin de me faire craquer (démission).
Sauf que je suis allé la voir pour jouer carte sur table et qu'elle me dise clairement si elle voulait me pousser vers la sortie. Ce qu'elle s'est empressée de me confirmer car "ce serait mieux pour tout le monde"

Mais ca m'arrange d'un coté, je voulais retourner à Metz.;) et trouver un boulot au Luxembourg.

miffedmax
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Look at what happened to our dear Nastya. She had to quit tennis, but she ends up with a rich dude and a TV career.

I'm sure your job loss will follow a similar pattern!

(Do take some time off to relax and get over the hard feelings before you start another job, that's my advice based on my experience. You want to be relaxed and refreshed for your next opportunity to hit the ground running).

Good luck!

The80sMoviesFan
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Sleep with her.....

Balltossovic
Jan 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I just started working at Cold Stone. I find it ridiculous that we can't even take a small break and sit down. Especially when I work in the morning, and am not able to eat anything until I get off.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is illegal. What does it say in your employee handbook?

Reptilia
Jan 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM

OMG :o thats horrible.
Here its illegal to not have a break like every 2 hours or sth

Moveyourfeet
Jan 12th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Parce que cette salope..."
Sleep with her.....

:sobbing:

Brooklyn90
Jan 12th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is illegal. What does it say in your employee handbook?

We don't have one.
I asked my manager again today If I could take a lunch break. She informed me that in the state of Nebraska they don't have to give me a break or lunch.
I'm pretty sure this is wrong since I'm working full time 8 hours a day without a single break!

bulava
Jan 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hiring and Firing is part and parcel of any company, being an Employer myself I can understand your situation. I'm overlooking here any personal issue between you and your Boss, if any! As someone suggested on this thread, do your BEST till the last day of your work but please don't loose your Heart and always be motivated. Keep talking to your best friend or colleague or family member because it always helps by knowing he/she are on the same page. My best wishes to you for your future endeavor and good luck :)

Kworb
Jan 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
We don't have one.
I asked my manager again today If I could take a lunch break. She informed me that in the state of Nebraska they don't have to give me a break or lunch.
I'm pretty sure this is wrong since I'm working full time 8 hours a day without a single break!
Seems your employer is right. :eek: That's crazy.

http://www.employmentlawhandbook.com/State/Nebraska.html

Meals and Break

Nebraska employers are required to provide employees in assembling plants, mechanical establishments, and workshops a 30-minute lunch period in each shift of at least 8 hours. Neb. Rev. Stat. §§48-212 to 48-213. For all other businesses, such lunch periods or any other type of break are given solely at the discretion of the employer regardless of the length of the work shift. Neb. Dept. of Labor FAQ. However, in accordance with federal law, if an employer chooses to provide additional breaks, they must be paid if they are of the type usually lasting less than 20 minutes. Meal or lunch periods (usually 30 minutes or more) do not need to be paid, so long as the employee is free to do as they wish during the meal or lunch period.

Brooklyn90
Jan 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Seems your employer is right. :eek: That's crazy.

http://www.employmentlawhandbook.com/State/Nebraska.html

Meals and Break

Nebraska employers are required to provide employees in assembling plants, mechanical establishments, and workshops a 30-minute lunch period in each shift of at least 8 hours. Neb. Rev. Stat. §§48-212 to 48-213. For all other businesses, such lunch periods or any other type of break are given solely at the discretion of the employer regardless of the length of the work shift. Neb. Dept. of Labor FAQ. However, in accordance with federal law, if an employer chooses to provide additional breaks, they must be paid if they are of the type usually lasting less than 20 minutes. Meal or lunch periods (usually 30 minutes or more) do not need to be paid, so long as the employee is free to do as they wish during the meal or lunch period.

wow that sucks :sad:

edificio
Jan 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Time to leave Nebraska. Insane not to get a break at an 8-hour-day job.:eek:

Also, good luck to Frenchie.

delicatecutter
Jan 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Not all of us who work in Nebraska are denied lunches and breaks btw. :sobbing:

edificio
Jan 12th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Not all of us who live in Nebraska are denied lunches and breaks btw. :sobbing:

:lol:

Balltossovic
Jan 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I'd quit, cuz that's bullshit; not even getting a break to eat.

Helen Lawson
Jan 12th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Can you eat the ice cream when the manager is not looking?

Dominic
Jan 13th, 2012, 03:35 AM
yeah there are similar things in France.

I'll get a bonus and it opens rights for unumployment incomes (70% of my current salary)

But still, it's not so easy to accept!

I'm pretty sure that legally she can't fire you. Do you wanna stay there or not?

Brooklyn90
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Time to leave Nebraska. Insane not to get a break at an 8-hour-day job.:eek:

Also, good luck to Frenchie.

I fucking hate this job!!!
I didn't know when taking this job that I would basically be a janitor. Scrubbing the floors, trash cans and toilets. If I knew this before hand I wouldn't have taken the job. They keep us on our feet constantly cleaning all day long without being able to sit down.
Oh plus the manager and owner watch us from the store cameras when they are at home to make sure that we are working at all times.

edificio
Jan 14th, 2012, 03:49 AM

I didn't know when taking this job that I would basically be a janitor. Scrubbing the floors, trash cans and toilets. If I knew this before hand I wouldn't have taken the job. They keep us on our feet constantly cleaning all day long without being able to sit down.
Oh plus the manager and owner watch us from the store cameras when they are at home to make sure that we are working at all times.

Sounds absolutely awful. Definitely look for another job. I know it is difficult. And now I've told everyone about Coldstone Creamery's terrible employment practices. :lol:

Good luck to you!

Moveyourfeet
Jan 14th, 2012, 04:19 AM

:help:
Time to :bolt:

McPie
Jan 14th, 2012, 06:45 AM
just think about this song then

pGVC7baFem4

;)

Brooklyn90
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Can you eat the ice cream when the manager is not looking?
Actually they do let us have a free small ice cream per shift.....very generous of them! :lol: Oh and all the free tap water we want :tape:

ArturoAce.
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:40 AM
yikes, 8 hours without a break :tape: fuck that...

Brooklyn90
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:41 AM
yikes, 8 hours without a break :tape: fuck that...
That's what I'm saying! I'm probably not going back

frenchie
Jan 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that legally she can't fire you. Do you wanna stay there or not?

No she can't without my agreement.

And I prefer to quit and go back to where I come from.

Dominic
Jan 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
No she can't without my agreement.

And I prefer to quit and go back to where I come from.

problem settled :) You don't deserve to have to deal with bitches like that anyway!

FORZA SARITA
Jan 14th, 2012, 05:36 PM

OMG :hysteric: this is even worse than my last experience :lol:

Brooklyn90
Jan 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
OMG :hysteric: this is even worse than my last experience :lol:

:lol: yeah I decided to quit today :bounce:

FORZA SARITA
Jan 14th, 2012, 08:30 PM
:lol: yeah I decided to quit today :bounce:

wise decision :yeah:

Apoleb
Jan 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
"jobs" are totally awful anyway. I hope I would never have to do something just to earn money.

Dominic
Jan 14th, 2012, 10:55 PM
"jobs" are totally awful anyway. I hope I would never have to do something just to earn money.

How do you earn yours :confused:

frenchie
Jan 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
OK, just to let you know...

I did my 3rd interview at PriceWaterhouseCoopers Luxembourg this morning for a job in Human Resources and it was SUCCESSFULL!!!
We are only 2 candidates left for the job.

A last interview will determine the "winner" lol

Ashi
Jan 27th, 2012, 03:01 PM

I did my 3rd interview at PriceWaterhouseCoopers Luxembourg this morning for a job in Human Resources and it was SUCCESSFULL!!!

:yeah:

edificio
Jan 28th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Good luck!

delicatecutter
Jan 28th, 2012, 04:41 AM

Uhh what do you live on?

Bolt80
Jan 31st, 2012, 12:01 PM

I used to deal with PWC a fair bit in my old job. They've got a pretty good work ethic and seem like a good company to be associated with. Good luck.

Dominic
Jan 31st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Uhh what do you live on?

livin' on a prayeeeer

frenchie
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:22 PM
hehehe

I got a new job today!!!

A better one, a better salary and closer to my family!!

I love 2012

Nicolas
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
:clap2:

donellcarey
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:45 PM
lol like what we say in China, you never know what's around the corner. Congrats. :cheer:

Nicolás89
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM
hehehe

I got a new job today!!!

I love 2012

Not that you would care or is relevant on any way but I also got a job today. :lol:

donellcarey
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Congrats to u too! Is it in Santiago?

Nicolás89
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Congrats to u too! Is it in Santiago?

No, I can't live in Santiago it is too polluted for my health I live in the south where the air is clearer. :)

donellcarey
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:37 PM
No, I can't live in Santiago it is too polluted for my health I live in the south where the air is clearer. :)

Tengo muchas ganas de viajar por Chile:sad:

Nicolás89
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Tengo muchas ganas de viajar por Chile:sad:

Te recomiendo el sur, las Torres del Paine y la Isla de Chiloé en especial, hay que aprovechar porque ha este paso todo esos lugares se quemarán o urbanizarán. :lol:

frenchie
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Not that you would care or is relevant on any way but I also got a job today. :lol:

Congrats!

what are you doing for a living?

tenn_ace
Feb 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM
congratulations! :kiss:

and as for your old job, hope, you started some vicious rumor about that bitch before you left ;)

Moveyourfeet
Feb 28th, 2012, 05:13 AM
hehehe

I got a new job today!!!

I love 2012

Congrats to you both.

donellcarey
Feb 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Te recomiendo el sur, las Torres del Paine y la Isla de Chiloé en especial, hay que aprovechar porque ha este paso todo esos lugares se quemarán o urbanizarán. :lol:

Es que mi pasaporte chino...no vale nada, ya sabes...:o

Nicolás89
Feb 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Congrats!

what are you doing for a living?

Well as of now, I'm doing some boring corporative job, some administrative stuff, I don't like it but it pays the bills.

I'm an international business major though.

Es que mi pasaporte chino...no vale nada, ya sabes...:o

:hug:

Me gusta tu español. It's cute.

donellcarey
Feb 29th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Well as of now, I'm doing some boring corporative job, some administrative stuff, I don't like it but it pays the bills.

I'm an international business major though.

:hug:

Me gusta tu español. It's cute.

It has great influence of Quito & Madrid Spanish on it lol

I've worked with some Chilenos too, when your President Sebastian Piniera came to China to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the relationship between the 2 countries, I was a translator to his group. Your accent is so strong:lol:

Sometimes I just lost myself listening to their Spanish, cuz I couldn't understand much:lol:

But I like Sebastian, he seems a real nice person with a lot of ability.

Nicolás89
Feb 29th, 2012, 12:49 AM
It has great influence of Quito & Madrid Spanish on it lol

I've worked with some Chilenos too, when your President Sebastian Piniera came to China to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the relationship between the 2 countries, I was a translator to his group. Your accent is so strong:lol:

Sometimes I just lost myself listening to their Spanish, cuz I couldn't understand much:lol:

But I like Sebastian, he seems a real nice person with a lot of ability.

I'd say we have the worst accent ever, many would agree. :lol:

And for the bolded part it's really unfortunate only 20% of chileans think that. :o

donellcarey
Feb 29th, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'd say we have the worst accent ever, many would agree. :lol:

And for the bolded part it's really unfortunate only 20% of chileans think that. :o

You have better accent than Argentines, that I'd say.

Once I was watching Nalbandian's training in Madrid in 2010, when he talked to his coach it was like they had a mouthful of water when they speak and I didn't understand a DAMN WORD:lol:

:eek:I didn't know he had such low support. I think he's good, he's a nice and energetic person, that I know.

I think he showed great concern towards his ppl through that mine accident, that's a great attitude. And yet look at Chile, I mean that's the perfect place for me to end up living if I have to pick a South American city (along with Buenos Aires lol). It's safe, it's modern, it has history, I mean, a part from all those ugly earthquakes, it's a perfect place! (I don't know if u've ever been to Quito, but trust me Santiago is a thousand times better though I've never been there:o)

Nicolás89
Feb 29th, 2012, 01:14 AM
You have better accent than Argentines, that I'd say.

Once I was watching Nalbandian's training in Madrid in 2010, when he talked to his coach it was like they had a mouthful of water when they speak and I didn't understand a DAMN WORD:lol:

:eek:I didn't know he had such low support. I think he's good, he's a nice and energetic person, that I know.

I think he showed great concern towards his ppl through that mine accident, that's a great attitude. And yet look at Chile, I mean that's the perfect place for me to end up living if I have to pick a South American city (along with Buenos Aires lol). It's safe, it's modern, it has history, I mean, a part from all those ugly earthquakes, it's a perfect place! (I don't know if u've ever been to Quito, but trust me Santiago is a thousand times better though I've never been there:o)

The formal chilean accent isn't that bad but when we speak on a more informal kind of way we create a new language. :o

I don't really support Piñera nor I'm against him, I think he does the best he can. It's just that there's a huge social movement going on right now, people is more educated and therefore we demand much more of the goverment.

And yea Santiago it's a very modern city I just hate the smog.

donellcarey
Feb 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
The formal chilean accent isn't that bad but when we speak on a more informal kind of way we create a new language. :o

I don't really support Piñera nor I'm against him, I think he does the best he can. It's just that there's a huge social movement going on right now, people is more educated and therefore we demand much more of the goverment.

And yea Santiago it's a very modern city I just hate the smog.

Jaja the smog is really no threat for me though, I've lived in Beijing for 5 years u know:lol:

I dunno that much about the political situation in Chile but as far as I'm seeing it, it's quite stable and the economy is progressing a lot these years. So I think it's all good:lol: