PDA

View Full Version : Eminem makes the women MELT

CHOCO
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:23 AM
November 12, 2002

EMINEM MAKES 'EM MELT :)
By DEBORAH SCHOENEMAN

HE raps about hating his ex-wife and wanting to kill his mother, but Eminem is making New York women swoon.
"He's delicious," says Natalie Din, 25, owner of Believe It NYC, a downtown clothing store. "Look at that cute little face of his and that tight little body. I want to have his babies."

Women of all ages have been racing to theaters to see "8 Mile," comprising more than half the audience for the movie's impressive $54.5 million opening weekend.

"I can't believe that I like him, but I do," admitted Victoria Balfour, a 48-year-old Manhattan writer who caught the movie on Friday and may go back and see it again with her friends - who she says are more excited than their teenage daughters.

"He has a wounded vulnerability," she says. "It makes us feel protective."

Besides wanting to mother him, Balfour and her friends are drawn to the rapper's raw sex appeal.

"I think he's dangerous-looking and angelic-looking all rolled into one," she explained. "He has great cheekbones, great masculine, expressive hands."

Eminem probably won't trade in his baggy jeans for Armani slacks anytime soon, but his appeal to successful New York women hardly surprises dating expert Samantha Daniels, who founded a matchmaking service for city slickers.

"The women who I work with in New York are all overly successful in lots of areas," says Daniels, who has plenty of Eminem-loving clients.

"If men don't have overtly aggressive confidence or an extra edge, they're not interesting enough."

Shakti Shulka, a 29-year-old Internet marketing manager, and her friends are drawn to Eminem's strong character.

"I think he's sexy," says Shulka. "No. 1 for any man is confidence, and this man makes no excuses for his behavior."

And what about those nasty lyrics about wanting to rape his mother?

"That's not to say we are approving of misogyny, we just enjoy him for his entertainment value. But hopefully every album won't be ringing the 'my mama sucks' bell."

Celine Rattray, a 27-year-old HBO executive who dates Details editor in chief Dan Peres, finds the rapper "immensely endearing" and "amazing."

"I don't think he hates gays, I think a lot of it is just a show," she says. "He's trying to get a reaction from people."

It's tough to get a firsthand account of Eminem's true bedside manner. Women in his life, who included Mariah Carey and possibly Brittany Murphy, haven't kissed and told.

But imaginations - and pulses - are running wild among "8 Mile" audiences, thanks to a hot lunch-break sex scene with Murphy that gives new meaning to the term autoerotic.

"I didn't realize how hot he was until I saw the movie," said Alex Garcia-Mansilla, a 29-year-old social worker whose law-student pal Liz Squires is just as giddy.

"He has a beautiful Rodin-sculptured face," she trilled.

The film shows a tender side of Eminem the public hasn't seen - and some other parts as well. But some of Eminem's longtime fans view his "8 Mile" converts as lesser admirers.

Yvette Lucente, a 24-year-old New School student who saw the movie opening night, fell for his first album came out three years ago- much to the chagrin of her friends.

"Now they all agree with me," says Lucente. "People are really jumping on the bandwagon."

go hingis
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Eminem, mmmm makes me melt!

Hot Hot Hot, and that body, Just seems to be getting better.

go hingis
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Melts in your mouth, and not in your hands!:p

Crazy Canuck
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Well he does nothing for me.

But a freind of mine has a shrine to him on her wall, that makes me Ferrero shrine look jsut pathetic.

PhoenixStorm
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:48 AM
I melt from his radioactive funk he calls music and I dont mean funk in a good way.

caramel
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by CHOCO
"Look at that cute little face of his and that tight little body. I want to have his babies."

"He has a wounded vulnerability," she says. "It makes us feel protective."

"I think he's dangerous-looking and angelic-looking all rolled into one," she explained. "He has great cheekbones, great masculine, expressive hands."

Cute little face? :confused: Tight little body? :confused: Great cheekbones? :confused:

I have to admit heīs a great rapper and I like most of his songs but he definitely doesnīt "make me melt". I donīt like blonde men,haha. :p

CHOCO
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:06 PM
:)

DutchieGirl
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Well he does nothing for me.

But a freind of mine has a shrine to him on her wall, that makes me Ferrero shrine look jsut pathetic.

Well, he does nothing for me either! ;)

Barrie_Dude
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Makes Women Melt? LMAO! Thats Funny!

nasty nick#2
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:14 PM
*Yawn*

Princess Fiona
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:53 PM
He certainly doesn't make THIS woman melt :o :rolleyes:

Candy946
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:32 PM
He does nothing for me either. I find him unattractive inside and out.

Princess Fiona
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Candy946
He does nothing for me either. I find him unattractive inside and out.

Agreed. How can ANY woman find him attractive? :confused:

Candy946
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:38 PM
MONEY and FAME, cuz it can't be his looks... lol.

CHOCO
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Yo mean to tell me if Eminem is good enough for Mariah Carey, but he's not good enough for you all...please. :)

Princess Fiona
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Yes, but there are lots of rich and famous men... who don't have those misogynistic songs. :mad: Maybe this is something I just won't get... *sigh* ;)

BB
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:50 PM
I just get sick if I hear his fucking name - he is disgusting - so his music. I hate him!

Princess Fiona
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Yo mean to tell me if Eminem is good enough for Mariah Carey, but he's not good enough for you all...please. :)

Did M C really date him or was that just rumour? She shares a birthday with me... I'd HOPE a sister Arian would have better taste! :eek:

CHOCO
Nov 13th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Well...they did spend some time together a year ago as she was recovering from her bout with mental exhaustion. She got upset because he kissed and told. :)

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:56 AM
It's funny how money and fame makes one a sex symbol. :)

DutchieGirl
Nov 14th, 2002, 03:25 AM

a. I don't really like Maria and don't care who she dates.

b. Eminem is male and erm... I like chikkies! :p

CHOCO
Nov 14th, 2002, 06:34 AM
lol...I like that term 'chikkies'.

Candy946
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:42 PM
It's funny how money and fame makes one a sex symbol. :) Why is that funny? If he were a regular person, would all these women be obbsessed with him and wanna have his babies? Probably some, but would he be a sex symbol? Yuck :rolleyes:

Yo mean to tell me if Eminem is good enough for Mariah Carey, but he's not good enough for you all...please.
And just because celebrities date him doesn't mean he's good enough for every woman. I can't help it if they prefer assholes.

DutchieGirl
Nov 14th, 2002, 02:47 PM
lol...I like that term 'chikkies'.

lol I also like the term "girlies" ;)

DeniseM
Nov 15th, 2002, 08:44 AM
I only know one woman who likes him. I can't understand it since she is otherwise reasonably sane. :S