PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Clarkson - Proclaims support for Ron Paul - enjoys +442% rise in sales

Dodoboy.
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM
http://cl.ly/CwvK/Kelly%20Clarkson_s%20post%20_I%20love%20Ron%20Paul .%20I%20liked%20him%20..._%20on%20WhoSay-1.jpg

http://cl.ly/CwQd/Twitter%20_%20@michellebranch_%20@kelly_clarkson%2 0I%20wholehea%20....jpg

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- A word of advice to prospective American Idol contestants: vote libertarian.

One day after she announced her support for Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul on Twitter, sales of pop singer Kelly Clarkson's most recent album were surging Friday on Amazon.com.

Sales of Clarkson's album Stronger shot up 442% between Thursday and Friday afternoon on Amazon (AMZN, Fortune 500), moving the album from #38 to #7 on Amazon's sales list.

:crying2::crying2:

Sam L
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:52 PM
That pretty much sums up what Ron Paul fanatics are all about. It has nothing to do with anything of substance but just mindlessly following drivel from Ron Paul and anyone who supports him.

So I guess these people also support some neo-Nazi leader that supported Ron Paul also.

Pump-it-UP
Dec 31st, 2011, 01:43 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwye7pg9g31qgmcdgo1_500.gif

M.P
Dec 31st, 2011, 01:44 PM
wasn't it already shot up to #2 on Amazon like 1032% rise?? :oh:

M.P
Dec 31st, 2011, 01:47 PM
In the past 24 hours, 'Stronger' is now up 1350% to #2 on Amazon.com.

M.S.F
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:02 PM
What the hell? :lol:
Flop artists should do the same thing now :oh:

Beat
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM
like, seriously?
i'd stop listening to her records now - if i had ever started to.

Mikey.
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:23 PM
:spit:

delicatecutter
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:25 PM
LOL she got a lot of backlash also.

KournikovaFan91
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah a ton of hate for having an opinion. Seems its fine for celebs to back Obama or even mainstream republicans but once Ron Paul's name is mentioned the establishment types go psycho. :o

Melange
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:29 PM
cant believe alice cooper is also a republican. the drugs really cooked his brain

Dodoboy.
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Ciara and Keri Hilson need to ride this storm!

Slutiana
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah a ton of hate for having an opinion. Seems its fine for celebs to back Obama or even mainstream republicans but once Ron Paul's name is mentioned the establishment types go psycho. :o
Well the guy is a homophobe and most of her fanbase is gay... Why is it a shock that they were upset by that?

And the first replies weren't bad at all, but her replies to the negative replies were embarrassing and made her look so, so ignorant. That's when it got really ugly.

Apoleb
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Career suicide.

pov
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:49 PM
That pretty much sums up what Ron Paul fanatics are all about. It has nothing to do with anything of substance but just mindlessly following drivel from Ron Paul and anyone who supports him.
So . .someone who supports Ron Paul is a fanatic while you - and those who have opinions similar to you - are thoughtful supporters of worthy candidates. That about right?

dsanders06
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM
She's a Republican? :spit: Isn't she a lesbian herself?

pov
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:10 PM
:yeah:

delicatecutter
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:07 PM
TBH I haven't looked up everything Ron Paul believes in. But I tend to lean libertarian myself. And the libertarian position on gay marriage is definitely pro. Libertarians don't believe in the government infringing on people's personal liberties.

Vartan
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Ron Paul is too liberal.

Pops Maellard
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:37 PM
Politics forum :oh:.

Kairi
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:59 PM
Career suicide.

can't kill what you never had :oh:

antonella
Dec 31st, 2011, 09:06 PM
Just shut up and sing.

Dominic
Dec 31st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Why on earth are ppl buying her horrible music :bigcry: She's the most uninteresting artist of all times.

delicatecutter
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:34 AM
Why on earth are ppl buying her horrible music :bigcry: She's the most uninteresting artist of all times.

:spit:

ElusiveChanteuse
Jan 1st, 2012, 03:21 AM
that's why she's the first and arguably the most successful American Idol winner.:oh:

Dominic
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:34 AM
that's why she's the first and arguably the most successful American Idol winner.:oh:

Yeah cause she's the first, and has a good voice. Singing that a guy broke your heart and that now you're pissed at him and being harsh to him in about 30 different (hardly an accurate word) songs still can't be classified as original or interesting :help:

The Dawntreader
Jan 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Shameless.

WonderfulLee
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Debunked: Kelly Clarkson's 'Ron Paul Sales Bump'

K elly Clarkson's endorsement of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul on Dec. 28 may have helped draw attention to the original "American Idol" champion, but despite multiple reports from other news sites, it did little to help the sales of her "Stronger" album. According to both Nielsen SoundScan data and sources in the know at Clarkson's label, RCA, little evidence exists to support the theory that Clarkson's praise for Paul helped her sales.

In fact, her album sales actually dropped when compared with the previous week. Let's take a look:

Ron Paul in Iowa, Jan. 3: "I have to admit that I didn't know a whole lot about her... But I do know that our supporters were so enthusiastic about it they went out and bumped up sales of her record by 600%."

In the week that ended on Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012, "Stronger" sold 40% fewer copies than it did the previous week (25,000, as opposed to 41,000 in the week before Christmas). And while it moved from No. 39 to No. 17 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, its upward momentum this week was caused by it having a less-steep decline in sales as compared to the rest of the titles on the chart (the overall album market was down 49% in the week after Christmas). Its total sales stand at 451,000 after 10 weeks.

Its smaller drop, as compared to the rest of the market, is owed to its gain in download sales -- it saw a 232% increase in the digital space (selling 14,000 downloads for the week). But Ron Paul probably didn't have much to do with that rally, either. The bulk of digital album sales -- for Clarkson or any other artist -- come from the Apple iTunes Store. And last week, coincidentally enough, iTunes heavily promoted both her sale-priced "Stronger" album and her new exclusive "iTunes Session" EP (released Dec. 27) on the front page of the store.

In other words, it wasn't Clarkson's political preferences that pushed digital sales of "Stronger" -- its $7.99 sale price (which was matched by AmazonMP3) and iTunes' advertising were the real reasons behind the gain. Those spikes were usually cited as evidence of the sales gain in the "Ron Paul Sales Bump" articles.

Further, the album's second single "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" has been making inroads on top 40 radio stations and should debut on the Pop Songs airplay tally in the coming weeks. That building traction, along with the continued airplay success of lead track "Mr. Know It All," could also be fueling the album's digital increase. "Know" is currently in its fourth week at No. 1 on the Adult Pop Songs airplay chart and sits at No. 13 on Pop Songs (after having peaked at No. 11).

Speaking of "Mr. Know It All," the song sold 123,000 downloads last week -- its best sales frame yet. However, that number should be examined a bit more closely. While its sizable 55% sales increase is impressive (and the second-largest gain among the top 50 titles on the Digital Songs chart) it was only natural the song was going to sell well last week and see a big sales spike.

Why? All digital songs generally sell well in the week after Christmas as consumer fill-up their newly-acquired MP3 players -- proven by how on the entire 75-position Digital Songs chart, only three titles decline in sales.

Though "Mr. Know It All's" gain was out of character compared to much of the chart, again, its growth can be tied to the iTunes promotion. Consumers who were lured in by the advertisement -- but perhaps didn't want to buy the whole album -- may have simply opted to download the most popular track on the set, which is "Mr. Know It All."

So while it's certainly possible that Ron Paul supporters decided to show their approval of Clarkson's endorsements by voting with their wallets or iTunes gift cards, the motivation behind the story was more likely a strong headline during a slow news week...

:confused: where is +442% rise in sales?

Sammo
Jan 6th, 2012, 01:59 AM
That's just weird

Vartan
Jan 6th, 2012, 03:17 AM
It was talking about Amazon.