PDA

View Full Version : Who is the other Widjaja

Jakeev
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:09 AM
I know she is not related to Angelique Widjaja but I was wondering if anyone knew about Brazilian Jenifer Widjaja?

Is her ancestry Indonesian? Or is it just ironic two players of different backgrounds have the same unique last name?

Thanks for any info

Gowza
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:34 AM
i heard in another thread that her ancestry is indonesian. i think maybe one of her parents or grandparents went over to brazil.

kfh_9118
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:38 AM
We have a lot of people in Indonesia who share the same surname, but has no relation whatsoever.....

So I think Angie & Jenifer has no relationship as well :)

Ted of Teds Tennis
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:42 AM
kfh9118:

The unrelated people in Indonesia who share the same surname are all Indonesian. (Well, I suppose they could be part of the Chinese minority.) The original poster was wondering how a player with an Indonesian surname could be playing for Brazil.

Buitenzorg
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Ted of Teds Tennis
kfh9118:

The unrelated people in Indonesia who share the same surname are all Indonesian. (Well, I suppose they could be part of the Chinese minority.) The original poster was wondering how a player with an Indonesian surname could be playing for Brazil.

Perhaps she is born or grew up at BRAZIL and became a BRAZILIAN citizen now!

Like BADMINTON Player : Lenny PERMANA (rank #14 IBF)
She is an Australian citizen now (originally she/her parents are from INDONESIA) after her parents/ her family migrant from Indonesia to AUSTALIA.

She was representing AUSTRALIA at The COMMONWEALTH Games - MANCHESTER 2002.

Greenout
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Widjaja is a very common Indonesian name; but of
Malay ethnicity. It's as common as "Chan" or
"Smith".

Jakeev
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the info Greenout......