PDA

View Full Version : Auckland QR1: Karolína Plíšková def Jill Craybas 7-6 6-0

lang26
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Karolína Plíšková :hearts: :worship: Second Set Karo give Jill the bagel :eek: :bounce:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:47 AM
Hate to say it, but I'm more surprised than anything that Jill decided to play this year. Her results this fall were bordering on embarrassing.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:31 AM
Karolina :) :cheer:

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hate to say it, but I'm more surprised than anything that Jill decided to play this year. Her results this fall were bordering on embarrassing.
True. She's the female Hewitt - it's time to hang them up.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:12 AM
and now she faces feuerstein...

Trickle
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
True. She's the female Hewitt - it's time to hang them up.

Whoa. That's a bit harsh. :lol:

At least Lleyton has some results to cling onto and remember the good old days with.

I guess Nana Craybas has her 2005 Wimbledon 'I basically just gave her the match' triumph over Serena. :oh:

You have to admire her tenacity though. To fly half way around the world to compete at a tournament just to be sent packing a few days later albeit picking up 4 figure checks on the way.

It kind of makes me wonder if she has a husband and kids or not.

ranfurly
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:57 AM

Yeah, I was expecting that aswell,

However, she's out there playing again, I wonder if it's for the enjoyment of the game more so then the competition.

She must have money coming in somewhere, because she get's around the place, did hear the craybas family got a few bob behind them.

Bourbon
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:00 AM
Jill :hug:

Corswandt
Dec 31st, 2011, 01:30 PM
TTR for Craybas. But any Pliskova win is good for the game.

flareon
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM
Jill :sad:

plokploky
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:55 PM
:woohoo:both pliskova sisters are through.

Banzai Sayonara
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM
How old is Crabas? It seems to me she's been around forever. Did she once retire and come back like Kimiko Date? I've seen her play only once, so I don't know what she plays like, but from the photos of hers I looked at, she's at least in her mid thirties.

jrm
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Jill is still going

Which Pliskova has a better future written in her stars?

dsanders06
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:12 PM
She's STILL around? :spit:

Bismarck.
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:16 PM
To be fair to Craybas, she was a late starter on the Tour given that she went the college route. I think she only started playing full time when she was about 23/24.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 31st, 2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I was expecting that aswell,

However, she's out there playing again, I wonder if it's for the enjoyment of the game more so then the competition.

She must have money coming in somewhere, because she get's around the place, did hear the craybas family got a few bob behind them.

She cleared $180,000 last year and has consistently been clearing 200K/year for almost a decade before. She's certainly got the money to try another year on tour and is obviously doing it for the love of the game, but I can't believe that she's going to drop down to the ITF circuit full-time at the age of 37.