PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Q1R: Monica Puig def. Bibiane Schoofs 2-6 7-6(4) 6-3

fede33
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:12 AM
Moni was down 6-2 5-3 and 6-2 6-7 3-0
Schoofs serving for the match 5-4 6-5

:worship::worship::worship::devil::drool:

*Jool*
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:14 AM
:woohoo:

winning at WTA level :yeah: congrats Monica :cheer: and with a nice comeback and fighting spirit , I like that
I am very curious about Puig and I can't wait to see her play

SVK
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:15 AM
Womenīs tennis at its best, Schoofs didnīt face a BP till 6-2, 5-4 and then this happened.

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:19 AM
:woohoo: Well fought Moni! :bounce:

iPatty
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:28 AM
Good win Monica. :yeah:

eduardoj9
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:02 AM
Go Monica! Congratulations. Amazing come from behind. Keep it going.

simonsaystennis
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:22 AM
Way to go Monica!! :bounce:

Sombrerero loco
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:23 AM
wow, nice victory

Bourbon
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Monica :yeah:
The better player won :)

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Bibi :shrug: :bigcry:

Chris 84
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:25 AM
unlucky bibi. should have won, clearly, but hopefully you can get yourself together and qualify for the ao.

Bourbon
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:52 AM
unlucky bibi. should have won, clearly, but hopefully you can get yourself together and qualify for the ao.

If she lost there is a reason.
Puig deserved to win, Schoofs should have done more so... no, that's not clear.
Monica :bounce:

Elwin.
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:03 PM
Bibi choking :hysteric:

Vaxey
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Monica :) :yeah:

Chris 84
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:51 PM

"should have" doesn't mean "deserved to". federer should have beaten djokovic at the us open last year. that doesn't mean that he deserved to win or that djokovic didn't deserve to win.

clearly english isn't your first language or you'd understand the difference :awww: :hug:

Bourbon
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:24 PM
"should have" doesn't mean "deserved to". federer should have beaten djokovic at the us open last year. that doesn't mean that he deserved to win or that djokovic didn't deserve to win.

clearly english isn't your first language or you'd understand the difference :awww: :hug:

I don't see why Bibiane should have won this match, it's not like she needed desperately this win :shrug:
And "should have" can mean what I meant :p If you say that Schoofs should have won clearly, you can even mean that Schoofs deserved to win, these are two different keys of reading.
Plus: it's clear English is not my first language, but I know it quite well and this was not an error :shrug:
I don't want any problems with you, considering that I don't know you, so have a nice 2012 :)

xoxRJ
Jan 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Further proof that serving for the match means nothing. Receiving for the match, however...

Chris 84
Jan 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
I don't see why Bibiane should have won this match, it's not like she needed desperately this win :shrug:
And "should have" can mean what I meant :p If you say that Schoofs should have won clearly, you can even mean that Schoofs deserved to win, these are two different keys of reading.
Plus: it's clear English is not my first language, but I know it quite well and this was not an error :shrug:
I don't want any problems with you, considering that I don't know you, so have a nice 2012 :)

you badrepped me for my comment so i replied. that's all. if someone hasn't been broken all match, hasn't even faced bp all match and is then 6-2 5-3 up, they should win, therefore to act as though i've said something incorrect is just silly. i didn't see the match, i don't know if schoofs choked or if puig played great at the right times, etc. i am well aware of the fact that puig looks well-placed to have a good career and should do better than bibi. but if anyone is leading 6-2 5-3, having never faced bp, they should win. to say otherwise would be ridiculous.

Bourbon
Jan 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
you badrepped me for my comment so i replied. that's all. if someone hasn't been broken all match, hasn't even faced bp all match and is then 6-2 5-3 up, they should win, therefore to act as though i've said something incorrect is just silly. i didn't see the match, i don't know if schoofs choked or if puig played great at the right times, etc. i am well aware of the fact that puig looks well-placed to have a good career and should do better than bibi. but if anyone is leading 6-2 5-3, having never faced bp, they should win. to say otherwise would be ridiculous.

Guy, it's women tennis after all :lol: You should not be even surprised when a girl leads 6-0 5-0 and suddenly loses the match.
And Bibiane had just a break as advantage. Add to this than Monica is a really aggressive player, while Schoofs is more varied but takes less risks. Imagine if (as I think it happened) Monica suddenly puts every ball near the line, and Bibiane sees her game doesn't work anymore. The choke doesn't seem a choke after all :p

Wert.
Jan 1st, 2012, 10:56 PM
horrible choke, Bibiane :o

iPatty
Jan 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM

If you don't want the mods to realize you're Hian, you might want to think about posting less often. Your style is pretty distinctive.

I miss the days when trolls knew how to...well, troll. :shrug: