Gordana Gehlhausen: (San Diego, CA) Season 6, 4th Place
Anthony Williams: Season 7, 5th Place
Mila Hermanovski: (Los Angeles, CA) Season 7, 2nd Runner-up
April Johnston: (Savannah, GA) Season 8, 5th Place
Michael Costello: (Palm Springs, CA) Season 8, 4th Place
Mondo Guerra: (Denver, CO) Season 8, Runner-up

delicatecutter
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Do we have a start date yet? ETA I see it's January 5th.

I am not happy Michael, Heidi, and Nina won't be there. They are my favorite part of the show most times.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:38 PM
AFAIK its the 5th too. I will miss Tim the most and I love him but I think Joanna Coles is a very good substitute! I also love Miranda Kerr, so its not so bad after all !

When I was watching Project Accessory I thought I would miss the old judging panel, but I really didn't as I more into their creations than the people themselves, so I am open to this cast too!

pierce85
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Go Rami Kashou! The most talented designer who got robbed of the win! I wish they brought Uli and Laura from season 3 back though, I loved their designs!

égalité
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Elisa :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Optima
Dec 30th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Wanting Mila to pull this one out.

ToopsTame
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
There have been spoilers about this season out for a while now. Apparently there was lots of off camera drama because of what some contestants saw as the producers giving special treatment to one particular contestant.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:10 PM
should have had a spot or two for contestants from season 9 :(

thalle
Dec 30th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Mondo :hearts:

KournikovaFan91
Dec 30th, 2011, 09:13 PM
No Nina, Michael, Heidi :sobbing: Michael's comments can be the best part of the show :sad:

volta
Dec 30th, 2011, 10:15 PM
no korto momolu :sad:

the jamierbelyea
Dec 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Was there really no better choice then Elisa Jiminez? Really ruins the All Stars theme... Why not bring back Ping Wu or Starr for that matter , aw-ful choice.

Kenley was my favorite for her season, so I'm hoping she continues to bring some really cool stuff.

edificio
Dec 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
This show is going to be so tough for me. I love Austin first, Rami second, Mondo third, and Mila fourth. No one else better win. Also, as long as they don't have Eva Longbart-whatever as mentor (from Project Accesory), I'm good. Nina G's and Michael's K's taste level has been aesthetically displeasing the last few seasons, so...I'm happy to see other views of the work. (Please, no Mollie Sims either.) Joanna Coles is kind of bitchy, and her taste level is questionable too. It is all so subjective, though, so...I think it will be a fun show.

Reptilia
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:02 AM
I have been so excited for this ever since it was announced:sobbing:
They brought a lot of my favourites back which i'm really happy about. Kenley, April, Elisa :hearts::hearts::hearts:

As much as i love Nina and Michael, a change in judges was kinda overdue imo. I will miss Tim though

Reptilia
Jan 7th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I don't like the new host :(

delicatecutter
Jan 7th, 2012, 10:30 PM
She's no Heidi that's for sure.

I'm not sure how the model situation is going to work this season but right now I have to root for Michael because he has Leslie from ANTM C6 as his model. :hearts:

I love Rami and hope he wins. He's so damn sexy.

pierce85
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:46 PM
She's no Heidi that's for sure.

I'm not sure how the model situation is going to work this season but right now I have to root for Michael because he has Leslie from ANTM C6 as his model. :hearts:

I love Rami and hope he wins. He's so damn sexy.

Rami is ultra hot :hearts:

duhcity
Jan 8th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Man, Sweet P was terrible. I'm pretty sure I've draped towels or blankets on me, tied them with belts, and pretended to be Tina Turner or something like that when I was young.

REALLY liked the judges and Joanna Coles. Probably because Heidi/Nina/Michael/Time have all been insufferable and useless the last two seasons.

edificio
Jan 8th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I've never understood what people see in Sweet Pea. That dress with the horrid towels was awful. Elisa's had a kind of beauty, even without the story. Sweet Pea should have been aufed, but...she's cannon fodder anyway.

The team wasn't bad, though Angela Lindvall seemed to be trying too hard. I'm sure she'll settle in, but she seems to be pleading for the all-stars to like her with the way she talks to them. :lol:

I agreed with the top three dresses and the winner.

delicatecutter
Jan 8th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I know Laura from S3 refused. I can't imagine how many others did for them to wind up for this hot mess of a cast. :o Sweet P just isn't good. She coasted her first season and hopefully she'll be out soon.

Hurley
Jan 8th, 2012, 04:18 AM
What I like is that some of these people (the obvious ones like Rami, Mondo, Mila, and April) can actually construct clothes. I can count on one finger the amount of people from the last TWO seasons who could do so (Mondo).

But there is no real sense of urgency (yet) because, let's face it, they've all gotten really what they needed out of PR (name recognition). It's reflected in the toothless judging (by people who aren't the usual judges, which only adds to the disconnect).

I didn't much care for the all-star season of "Top Chef" either for similar reasons (they've already gained the name recognition; obvious favorites and goats), but at least with grubby drunken chefs you can feel the desperate and stinky poverty emanating from your screen. Maybe after a few rounds these bitches will get their claws out but I'm not feeling it yet.

Mistress of Evil
Jan 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
The new host's voice is manly. :tears: Overall, I do not like her, she is so stiff.

Ellen Dawson
Jan 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
The thing that's interesting for me about these types of seasons (on any reality show) is figuring out who will go early. On a normal edition, you can spot the dullards that they'll send packing stat but here you only have Sweet P and Giordana left. Everyone else can bring some sort of drama (or in Mila's case, simply look like a str8 up bitch). I wonder what their priority will be for All-Stars because y'all know that their main concern won't be giving the top prize to the most deserving. :rolleyes:

I like Angela. I know peeps love Heidi (she's cool and she cracks me up) but it isn't like she can give a master class in hosting. Anyone can do this job (even Padma, :lol: ).

jrm
Jan 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rami :hearts:

ugh, Kenley :o

Mistress of Evil
Feb 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
First three eliminations were never in doubt, getting rid of the weakest links. :shrug: I am mad at April getting booted, though/ :mad: Kara should have gone instead!

Anyway, Rami is the hottest PR's contestant ever, those arms :drool:

ToopsTame
Feb 2nd, 2012, 09:22 PM
They should stop pretending like the contestants' clothing design skills matter at all. It's basically a wacky Japanese game show for girls and boys who like boys now. Let's make a dress for a muppet! You have 6 hours to drape some shit together to look like gelato. I get that reality shows are always about the drama, but PR used to be about more. Lifetime ruined everything!

I hate Michael and his fake faces for the camera so much. Rami makes me think dirty thoughts. He needs to stop looking so delicious.

the jamierbelyea
Feb 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
They should stop pretending like the contestants' clothing design skills matter at all. It's basically a wacky Japanese game show for girls and boys who like boys now. Let's make a dress for a muppet! You have 6 hours to drape some shit together to look like gelato. I get that reality shows are always about the drama, but PR used to be about more. Lifetime ruined everything!

I hate Michael and his fake faces for the camera so much. Rami makes me think dirty thoughts. He needs to stop looking so delicious.

A bit off base, I think. PR has always been wacky. Their first challenge ever was in a supermarket. Other gems being design ambiguously for the year 2055, and a US Postal Service outfit. Par for the course.

Besides the Barbie challenge they did in Season 2 is still one of my favorites ever.

ToopsTame
Feb 3rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
A bit off base, I think. PR has always been wacky. Their first challenge ever was in a supermarket. Other gems being design ambiguously for the year 2055, and a US Postal Service outfit. Par for the course.

Besides the Barbie challenge they did in Season 2 is still one of my favorites ever.

No, it's much more gimmicky now. In the early seasons, the crazy challenges were fewer, better thought out and the designers got more time. They had to stretch out of their comfort zones but still were usually able to convey their style and demonstrate their skill. Now they've run out of good concepts so they ratchet up the drama with stupid twists. You only have a half a day to do this! Your dress will actually be finished by someone else in the room! You have to make two more garments in the next day! Your dress needs to transform into a bikini and then a purse! Stupid. Actual design skills are irrelevant for things like this.

the jamierbelyea
Feb 3rd, 2012, 01:20 AM
No, it's much more gimmicky now. In the early seasons, the crazy challenges were fewer, better thought out and the designers got more time. They had to stretch out of their comfort zones but still were usually able to convey their style and demonstrate their skill. Now they've run out of good concepts so they ratchet up the drama with stupid twists. You only have a half a day to do this! Your dress will actually be finished by someone else in the room! You have to make two more garments in the next day! Your dress needs to transform into a bikini and then a purse! Stupid. Actual design skills are irrelevant for things like this.

No, it's still the same. Design for a dog? Figure skating challenge? Design a window display? Design from a garden center? Design a jet setting outfit for yourself? Design a look for another designer?

Use $15 to make a garment? All the menswear challenges. Candy store? prom dresses?

You're delusional if you think the gimmicks are any bigger now , it's always been like this.

JJ Expres
Feb 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
i really like Mondo's creations so far + he has really cool personality :)
And this episode was even more predictable than usual. Anthony had like 20 min air time in this episode, more than in all previous episodes combined :spit:

égalité
Feb 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM
anthony and april gone before michael costello :hysteric: i can't :hysteric:

Hurley
Feb 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM

You guys, Michael is not only still around, he's WON TWO CHALLENGES.

When the lame "All-Stars Twists" revolve around speed rather than any sort of creativity, that's what happens. Expect him to continue to do well as long as the season remains "Project Sweatshop."

jrm
Feb 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM
doesn't 'All Stars' mean best of the best :scratch: those are just fan favourites and drama queens :lol:

Kenley still lives in her own coockoo world, overhearing any criticism about her 'perfect creations'

Michael is still annoying as hell and comes off soooooo fake :rolleyes:

Jarrell, another bitchy queen, why would i want to see him coming back :scratch:

Tara is a mess, big time mess

cannot stand Austin, never did

Rami :hearts: he knows how to tick my senses :drool: and really nicest person there

so what if Kenley helped Tara, big deal ... you know those drama queens will have something to say about it

jrm
Feb 4th, 2012, 10:19 PM
i miss Tim :sobbing:

Joanna is one cold-blooded Brit :tape:

is Isaac Mizrahi allergic to socks :scratch:

jrm
Feb 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM

April had no business coming to AllStars :shrug:

égalité
Feb 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM
April is fucking fantastic :ras: It's especially annoying after her mop dress in challenge 1 made Michael Costello's look like a 5th grade arts and crafts project by comparison.

Hurley
Feb 5th, 2012, 12:43 AM
April can construct a great dress, but her range is lacking (I think that's what got her booted in her season IIRC) and she isn't destined for a deep run on a show like this because of that factor.

WonderfulLee
Feb 5th, 2012, 01:53 AM
i think the producer setting up Michael like in his season, make him high and then drop him near to the finale and he will cry again like baby. Good Drama :)

Mistress of Evil
Feb 5th, 2012, 08:24 AM
April is a goddess :crying2: Michael Costello is so making final 3, that whiny, fake queen. :o The judges should have made a compromise and let Anthony stay (his garment was quite decent), Jerrell's mess of gown should have been burned on the stake and Michael's as well.

thalle
Feb 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Jerells outfit was horrible!
This was my least fave of Mondos, but he still rocked :D
Michael C's fake face when Anthony got the booth. URGH! He's just fake fake fake!

the jamierbelyea
Feb 5th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Michael is such a bore. Only he could make not getting eliminated all about him, as Anthony is standing there consoling him for still being in. Disgusting.

Honestly, how Jerell didn't go home for that look is astonishing. You could tell it was going to be bad when the Colebot said she was "feeling a little bit anxious." Whenever she shows the slightest bit of human emotion or anxiousness you know you have a real stinker.

Who would've thunk it, Sean Avery NHL star has some of the best criticism and insight of the guest judges in all the seasons. He did himself pretty well I thought.

jrm
Feb 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Michael C's fake face when Anthony got the booth. URGH! He's just fake fake fake!

this was probably montage, like so many times; his 'shocked face' probably came earlier in the show :tape:

JJ Expres
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
so shocked that rami is out. i thought that austin is out based on their previous performances but i guess they couldn't get over that repulsive outfit from rami :shrug:

delicatecutter
Feb 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm still reeling after last night's result. I wasn't paying attention to the show though (will have to re-watch) so I can't say if it was a deserved boot. Rami is so beautiful though. I will miss him immensely. :tears:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM
It was a tough bottom 4 to be in with Mondo & Michael the two biggest winners of the season with Rami & Austin. Albeit Rami & Austin's were the clear worst ones.

I actually like Austin's look, I thought the sweater was fun, but when Issac said Austin's pants were the best thing to come down the runway you sort of knew Rami was going to go.

That green top was hideous. HIDEOUS

jrm
Feb 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM
and nutcase Kara is still in :o

Mondo, what a drama queen, i thought that place was reserved for Costello and Jerrell

why did they all like Kenley's dress :tape:

edificio
Feb 11th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Rami and Austin have been disappointing, but Kenley deserved to go for that romper (where was the inspiration bag anyway?) or Kara for the clothes one can purchase any day at Macy's. Disappointing.

However, I did not understand why Austin made an outfit so old ladyish and also why they praised the beige pants. Inexplicable.

The judges suck. And I don't think I like Joanna Coles as a mentor, because she has her own agenda and a mentor should not have a personal agenda. She's not very helpful either. I always get nervous when she comes stomping in the work room.

So far no one has made anything that was simply amazing. I did like Jerell's winter look, but it was a little bag ladyish and not as young an outfit as the judges tried to make out. As for Cynthia Rowley, she's nuts. She's been on a lot of shows, and she has no ability to go beyond her own personal taste when judging things. She probably would have made a horrid romper like Kenley's. Also, I saw her Fall 2012 show, and 3/4 of it I hated, so there, Cynthia! She killed Rami!

Also, Mondo is a baby. As soon as he said his win would be a 60th birthday gift for his mother, I knew he wouldn't win. Also, how would that really be a gift for his mother? All the tears. Come on, kid. However, he had the funniest line while they were eating spaghetti: This is like my family's dinners. Michael: Spaghetti? Mondo: No, awkward. :haha:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Rami :crying2: The eye-candy is gone, the jacket was flawless, they should have let him stay :sad: Michael so stole the idea and then bringing out his super queen self especially in the confessionals :rolleyes: Mondo is like a toddler, I can't stand people who cry for every single thing. :o

Ellen Dawson
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Can't wrap my head around Kenley living in the East Village. She's so uptown to me. Was shocked that they booted Kara The Ham. Nice to see the deserving person go home after Rami's elimination!

After The Runway returns next week. :rolleyes:

JJ Expres
Feb 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
IMHO i think that they robbed kenley again... they said all these positive things about her dress, and even said that mondo didn't take a risk, and they gave him the win :unsure: same story with jerell 2 weeks ago :shrug:
i think that they don't want her in the final 3 since she already presented her collection in her season, while austin failed to do that in his . my prediction : jerell 5th place , kenley 4th , micheal 3rd , final 2 Austin,Mondo...

p.s. i want to say that this season is rigged...
p.s.s. i liked mila's dress...

WonderfulLee
Feb 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM
i was so pissed because they eliminated Milla.

and mondo win with the same dress he made from his final collection in his season except this one without polka dots.

http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mondo-pr-finale-1-4.jpg

Reptilia
Feb 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
When will they let my boo Kenley win a challenge?!?! :crying2:

Mila was so annoying, glad to see her finally cut

delicatecutter
Feb 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM
What challenge has Kenley deserved to win? :spit:

JJ Expres
Feb 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM
What challenge has Kenley deserved to win? :spit:

this one

http://mylt.ltcdn.com/shows/sites/mylifetime.com/files/images/imagecache/photo_gallery_new_full/2012/02/07/pras-ep6-4.jpg

Mistress of Evil
Feb 26th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cannot believe Mila went home :help: Jerell's abomination of a piece of clothing made me puke :tape:
Kenley doing pocadotts all season long, Michael draping all season long; yet they are still in :tape:

Optima
Feb 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Mila was without a doubt the best and most talented designer on the show. This is a design competition, not just a "make a pretty dress" show, which is what it has been turned into the past 3 or 4 seasons now.

Reptilia
Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Knew Austin would win after that scene with his mother :o

edificio
Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
I would have aufed Mondo for his dress. At least, Jerell's had interesting lighting effects. Definitely thought Austin deserved to win.

The romper with polka dots didn't deserve to win for Kenley, though. This week was one of her best efforts, but Austin deserved the win. The fact that Kenley is the last female there is win enough for her. She's too obvious in her designs. She sews well, though, and at least she calmed down from her first season. Still hate her paint-peeling voice. My ears!

Time to auf Michael Costello!

tucker1989
Mar 3rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
People liked Mila?! She was AWFUL, and she's so pretentious. Kenley and Austin are my favorites, hoping that they're in the final 3 with Mondo

delicatecutter
Mar 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
This season has been disappointing, to say the least. I just hope either Mondo or Austin wins, preferably Mondo.

M.P
Mar 4th, 2012, 02:43 AM
i know the winner :facepalm: there are rumor so far so truth... :facepalm:

people said Mila is so talented...oh yes how old is she?!

Optima
Mar 4th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Mila is super talented, she's working on the new Star Trek film...she didn't need Project Runway anyway. Also, don't be so naive and judge someone's personality based on a reality show - they edited her to make her seem like a "bitch".

delicatecutter
Mar 4th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I never thought Mila was a bitch? Kenley, OTOH? She must have talked to Heather from Top Chef because she isn't behaving nearly as badly as she did in her first season. I'm sure part of that is Tim not being there. But Kenley still bugs trying to act her very best.

M.P
Mar 4th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mila is super talented, she's working on the new Star Trek film...she didn't need Project Runway anyway. Also, don't be so naive and judge someone's personality based on a reality show - they edited her to make her seem like a "bitch".

Costume or Fashion?

Optima
Mar 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Costume or Fashion?

The vast majority of stuff Project Runway has produced over the past 3 or 4 seasons could hardly be considered fashion, unfortunately. Pretty dresses or clothes, yes, but not fashion. As for the whole "costume" or "fashion" term debate, it's stupid. Most haute couture is a giant "costume" if you want to go there. Most fashion critics can't get over it.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 4th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Mila & Rami HAD to have made the top 3 :o this season is such a joke and constantly hearing how much "talent" is in the working room makes it worse :tape: Last season was way better than this mess.
Austin having confessional without his repulsive moustache two episodes in a row now, though, he is yet to remove it :spit: Kudos to the producers, they know their stuff :yeah:
Would love Costeloor Kenley to win it, just for the hilarity of it :yeah:

égalité
Mar 4th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I still can't with Mila's outfit getting eliminated (let alone not WINNING that challenge) over Jerell's tragic racist mess. Oh, look, a bindi on the accessory wall! I better use this since my design is inspired by India!

And now Michael Costello in the top 4. :hysteric: His shit "looks nice" in the same way this painting looks nice:

http://postandgrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Yves-Klein.jpg

Mondo please save the WTA :sobbing:

Ellen Dawson
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:51 PM
And now Michael Costello in the top 4. :hysteric: His shit "looks nice" in the same way this painting looks nice:

http://postandgrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Yves-Klein.jpg

Mondo please save the WTA :sobbing:

I know that as a person, Michael is tragically pathetic but it isn't like he doesn't have talent. Sure he deserved to go before Rami and Mila but Michael does have skill. I am totally Team Mondo but his fragility is really off-putting. :help:

JJ Expres
Mar 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
just as i thought... but i guess she deserved to be eliminated this week :shrug:
and giving austin so much air time indicates me that he is a winner, it's like in every single episode he was all over my screen even though he was just safe :shrug:
but i hope mondo wins he is by far the best designer this season...
bad job PR producers, in every single episode it was obvious who was out, and i think after first 3 episodes we all knew who are the finalists...

Reptilia
Mar 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I'm gutted. Kenley :sobbing::bigcry::crying2:

M.P
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Michael dress...and they call him designer...how many times he did that dress

Mistress of Evil
Mar 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM
There was absolutely no difference in who of the two made the final 3. Both Kenley and Michael have no range, at all and are doing the same fucking thing every single week - respectively pocadotts and draping. Mondo winning will be a good end and kind of a redemption for such an awful mess of a season.

Mistress of Evil
Apr 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Mondo winning is kind of a redemption for a very, very bad season, I guess. :shrug: That said the three finalists were such annoying drama queens wanted to bitchslap every single one of them. Rami & Mila should have been in final 3. :o Moreover, what a fail that in the All-Stars season the finalists didn't show their collection at Fashion Week, not only that but they made them do a 5-piece collection for 4 days. :help: