PDA

View Full Version : Why is Sharapova's mom NEVER there in any of Maria's matches?

thegreendestiny
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I'm curious. I know she is a very private person, but not once have I seen her watch her daughter, even in very important big matches in the US like USO finals or Miami finals (they live in Florida, right?). :confused:

I don't want to stir up any rumors about their family relations but it's just unusual. Even Radwanska's mom who probably knows nothing about tennis, flies to Beijing to watch her daughter.

JamieOwen3
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
She gets way nervous, She's always been in the background and the one who focused on helping Maria with her education and just being a mom.

Big_Banana
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:54 AM
ask Li Na's mum. she's got her own life.

Halepsova
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:07 PM
She has a problem getting a visa. Isn't she still in Russia?

Shvedbarilescu
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately Maria Sharapova's mum suffers with highly sensitive hearing. A single high-pitched high-decibel shriek can infact cause her immense physical pain. This is why she does not attend her daughter's matches.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM
In order not to go all "Kill Bill" on her opponents. :awww:

matthias
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM
she has a mother :confused:
never saw her :shrug:

pov
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/4324/mash1td6.jpg

In 2008:
http://www.womenstennisblog.com/2008/01/28/maria-sharapova-talks-about-her-mother%E2%80%99s-role-in-her-life/
Q. Your father's very visible. How would you say your mother contributes in a positive way to your career?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: My mom is just – she brings such good energy and positive chi into myself and all the people that are around her. She's a very quiet and intelligent woman that, you know, that just is happy with life, with her life, you know, is happy for me.

You know, both of my parents sacrificed so much in their life to get me where I am today. You know, and my mom was very keen on keeping me educated and, you know, when I – when she came to the United States after – I didn't see her for a couple of years.

She just – she kept working me on my Russian essays and she made me read. She's like, You didn't do this for two years. I can tell.

And she's the one that always takes me to museums. She knows when this exhibition is going on. She'll take me to the musicals. She's a very wonderful woman.

Q. What would happen if she had to sit beside your father during matches?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: She has before. When I played juniors, she went to some tournaments. But it's – it's one of those things I feel like if she did travel around I would really feel like I'm taking her life away from her, because I – I mean, it's wonderful having one parent around you that knows you best.Maria Sharapova and her parents

I mean, apart from my dad I also have Michael, who I've known since I was 10 years old. The people around me I can trust and believe in because they've been with me since I was young, before all of my success.

But my mom, my mom takes care of, you know, all the things at home, and she looks after both of my hoists, and, you know, she just – she does all my fan mail and all that, you know.

Q. How often do you see her? I mean, how often it happens that are there, within one year?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: When I'm done with tournaments, yeah. She sometimes comes like the week before Grand Slams and stuff.

--------------

tennis.com: Monday, May 16, 2011
Maria Sharapova says she doesn’t try and spend time making friends on tour. Sharapova, who just won Rome, will travel to Paris with her fiancée Sasha Vujacic, her coach Thomas Hogstedt, her physical therapist Juan Reque and her hitting partner Cecil Mamiit. Sharapova’s mother Yelena, who traveled with her for the first time to Indian Wells and Miami this year, will not be going to Europe.

ZODIAC
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:54 PM
its very weird that we have never seen her even at an exho or Arthur Ashe kids day....maybe she is in a mental institution or pova s stepfather is very possessive....just a weird situation all round.

pov
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
its very weird that we have never seen her even at an exho or Arthur Ashe kids day....maybe she is in a mental institution or pova s stepfather is very possessive....just a weird situation all round.
No weirder than not reading pertinent info before you post. ;)

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
she's like so cool and shows no emotions at all unlike the other mums on tour. Don't think she'll be any interesting for fans to discuss about.:oh:

Halepsova
Dec 30th, 2011, 04:49 PM
she's like so cool and shows no emotions at all unlike the other mums on tour. Don't think she'll be any interesting for fans to discuss about.:oh:

Oracene as well shows no emotion during the match but she's still be interesting to watch, isn't she?

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 30th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Oracene as well shows no emotion during the match but she's still be interesting to watch, isn't she?

Who says she doesn't?:shrug: She might be asleep most of the time and that already gave us much fun and entertainment in TF. But when she shows her emotions, no other mums comes close to her. *insert any relevant Oracene gifs* :oh:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Because she doesn't want comparisons with Ana's mother, she knows she can't compete with that.