PDA

View Full Version : How many games will emily Fanning NZL WC win against Anne Keothavong GBR (1)

flareon
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
:shrug:

MarkNL
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM
0, I guess :shrug:

bobito
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Keothavong isn't the British #1, Elena Baltacha is. But to answer your question, not very many unless she can keep the ball away from Anne's forehand.

flareon
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Keothavong isn't the British #1, Elena Baltacha is. But to answer your question, not very many unless she can keep the ball away from Anne's forehand.

Its supposed to be number 1 seed ;)

bobito
Dec 30th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Its supposed to be number 1 seed ;)

:oh:

Juju Nostalgique
Dec 30th, 2011, 10:49 AM
:sobbing:

TS
Dec 30th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Didn't Anne lose to a Kiwi WC here a few years back? Shona Lee?

Fanning will do well to win a couple of games.

Bourbon
Dec 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
How old is Emily?

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Anything is possible, she is British as well as a WTA player.

Monica_Rules
Dec 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
DOn't tempt fate. Anne will lose now

Vincey!
Dec 30th, 2011, 01:30 PM
6-1 6-3 more or less one game lol

Jose.
Dec 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM
How old is Emily?

16, and she is ambidextrous according to ITF :eek:

She should win 2 or 3 games. :shrug:

Sammo
Dec 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
4-7, Keothavong isn't that good. Although players like her that are constantly abused by top players are usually seeking for an escape valve when playing lower ranked players :lol:

Tennisfan06
Dec 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM
5 games

NoChokes
Dec 30th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I'm going with one.

Bourbon
Dec 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
4-7, Keothavong isn't that good. Although players like her that are constantly abused by top players are usually seeking for an escape valve when playing lower ranked players :lol:

Exactly.
Plus: considered Keothavong just plays well the last weeks of every season, I think Emily can win more than a few games :)
Emily Fanning... really cool name :drool: Good luck Dakota Beta :lick:

Joe.
Dec 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
If Anne's in goat form like she was at the end of last year then 3 at the most...but this probably won't happen :lol:

HowardH
Dec 30th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I still don't understand why they didn't give out more wildcards to local players. I mean, in previous years Kai Vano only lost in 3 sets to Meusburger. I understand Westbury, who did okay last time and won a set, hurt herself. What about Leela Beattie? Briar Preston? Some other juniors?

I mean, if you argue that they are going to be killed, then why the heck give a wc to Emily anyway? Being killed is all part of being a WC. If you do ok that's a bonus.

Quite frankly, in the NZ residentials last week Emily lost 1 and 0 in the semis to former 260 ranked Leanne Baker, who, admittedly, only lost 3 and 4 to Sacha. Leanne's just coaching now and not in serious training which doesn't bode well for Emily.

So... she has no chance. And the number of games depends on how generous Anne is feeling. Could be 1. Could be none. Could be 3 or 4. But either way I'm still bitter that this is the only Kiwi (aside from Marina) that will be playing singles this week.

The other QWC are wasted anyway, (Veteran Rampre who is over 31 and who will never be a serious contender, Feuerstein who also will probably never be good enough). Puig is the only vaguely acceptable decision and even she is probably getting herself beaten by Schoofs. So they really should have gone with other locals. We have a few girls just as good or better than Emily. (Frankly though, what is going on with Dianne Hollands? I mean, I love you Di, please start playing again! A whole season please.) We've had a few talented players in the past (not wta talented, but probably top 300-200 talented) and because of the lack of support they just don't come through. Ellen Barry gave up, Dianne Hollands is part time, Sacha's turned Aussie.

ranfurly
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:16 AM
I still don't understand why they didn't give out more wildcards to local players. I mean, in previous years Kai Vano only lost in 3 sets to Meusburger. I understand Westbury, who did okay last time and won a set, hurt herself. What about Leela Beattie? Briar Preston? Some other juniors?

No Idea, New Zealand tennis has been waning, only ever since Erakovic came on board, we have a player which is somewhat decent.

This is why I don't blame Sasha going across the ditch. Erakovic is lucky she only spends a few months in New Zealand. What about Chelsea Te Tai/Vano, All I know from these two is that they couldn't afford to play anymore, and sponsorship/funding ran dry.

Quite frankly, in the NZ residentials last week Emily lost 1 and 0 in the semis to former 260 ranked Leanne Baker, who, admittedly, only lost 3 and 4 to Sacha. Leanne's just coaching now and not in serious training which doesn't bode well for Emily.

Yep, and what does that tell ya? :p

Ellen Barry...what happened with her? she just dissappeared from the rankings all of a sudden..you know anything about her?

Hollands plays part time..haha typical kiwi, oww yeah, I'll get on the court, have a bit of a hit and swing, she'll be right.

what about Jocelyn Westbury?