PDA

View Full Version : Bartoli is 0-10 against Radwanska and Sharapova

Bosco123
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Will she be able to beat 1 of them or both of them in 2012?

Sombrerero loco
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:11 PM
she wont beat radwanska, thats for sure

A'DAM
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Aga is just simply way to smart and uses all Marion's weaknesses. She would really need to be at her very best to get a win against her. When it comes to Maria hmmm if she has a bad day I can see her loosing to in form Marion

Sammo
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Sharapova? Understandable, but Radwanska? :unsure: I didn't know about this record at all

Irute
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Strange question... it is certainly possible, but it will not change the dynamics between these players. I am sure she could do something to make the match up not as bad. More interesting question would be "What Marion should change or introduce to her game to raise her chances to win against them?" Honestly I don't have an answer.

Stonerpova
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:17 PM
The poll options :rolls:

And no. Radwanska moves too well and can exploit Bartoli's movement too easily. And Sharapova does everything better than Bartoli.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Sharapova? Understandable, but Radwanska? :unsure: I didn't know about this record at all

bartoli only took a set from aga in 6 matches.she ownes her because she is a clever player and fit, all that marion is not

Bosco123
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:25 PM
bartoli only took a set from aga in 6 matches.she ownes her because she is a clever player and fit, all that marion is not

Marion can beat Aga on clay, I'm sure of that, also Marion is one of the cleverest players on tour and is known for maximizing her potential and talent, the reason that she keep losing to Radwanska is because Radwanska skill set is greater, but on clay they are much more equal.

Lighter
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Marion defeated Maria in junior : http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/headtohead.asp?player=100000135&opponent=100013223

So, in her mind, she knows she can do it. They didn't play each other so many times.

Vs Aga, it's funny, because she started with a bagel. She won 1st set 6-0 and this was the last set she won vs Aga. It was in Stuttgart 2007 and Aga was really outplayed. 1st games of this match here : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA0ODExOTky.html

madmax
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Maria likes facing players who give her constant rhytm from the baseline - this way her ground game kinda "tunes in" and then you will be very lucky to beat Pova from the baseline:devil:
As for Lady Aga, she is just too smart and too fast for the frenchie

Bourbon
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Agnieszka is just too smart for a ball striker like Marion.
As for Masha, yes she could win, or better: Maria could lose, which is realty different.

backhandsmash
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
"She'll beat Martha at list once" is what I voted.

Fighterpova
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Where is the option "she wont beat either of them" :lol: ?
Anyway, I can't see Maria losing to Marion :shrug:

SwingVolley93
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Watching Agnieszka play Marion is always such a treat for me. Marion is one of the only top players that Aga knows that she is better than. If you watch their matches, look at how hard Marion has to focus and how much effort she has to put in. And it all seems in vain as Aga is so cool and calm and always gets the victory. Their match up, the new one against Schiavone and Zvonareva as well with Dementieva always brought me such joy to watch. :)

Chakvenus
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I think that Marion will beat Masha at least once before they both retire. As is WELL known, Maria is not the player she used to be, and though her 2011 was excellent, she can still be prone to throwing in shitfests now and then. Do I think that Maria will have to be off her game for Marion to win? Absolutely. As has been stated, Marion hits with the same pace and flatness pretty much every time, something that gets Maria into her groove and allows her to dominate from the baseline. But if Maria has a crappy serving day, and Marion is in GOAT-mode, I think it's more than possible.

Aga? Probably not. Aga moves too well, and moves the ball around too well also, two things that signal death for Marion. All their matches seem to be the same: Marion starting very well, blasting Aga's serve and going up like 3-1, before losing the set 3-6/4-6. Same scenario in the second. Aga just wears her down.

Break My Rapture
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
I wish Bartoli would put in a serving performance like Cincy QF vs Wozniacki against Agatha once, would love to see what the outcome would be then. I don't think Agatha is unbeatable for Cake at all.

She's bound to snatch a win over out-of-form Pova at one point, as the latter appears frequently these days.

nate89
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
What a terrible poll :lol:. Marion will be crushed by both Aga and Maria any time they play next year! Where is the option for that?!?!

Tennisfan06
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Marion will trash them next time :bowdown:

dsanders06
Dec 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Radwanska is a terrible match-up for her. She's quick enough to be able to chase down Marion's shots, and unlike pure defensive grinders like Jankovic and Wozniacki (who Marion has a respectable record against), Radwanska is willing to step in and kill off the points when she gets a short ball, which Marion presents quite frequently due to being a pretty poor defender. I think Marion would have to be really playing out of her skin to beat her.

I don't think Maria's a particularly bad match-up for Marion, she's just a considerably better player. But Marion could probably get her if she catches her on an off-day... 80% of the time Maria would win though.

Critique
Dec 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Radwanska is a terrible match-up for her. She's quick enough to be able to chase down Marion's shots, and unlike pure defensive grinders like Jankovic and Wozniacki (who Marion has a respectable record against), Radwanska is willing to step in and kill off the points when she gets a short ball, which Marion presents quite frequently due to being a pretty poor defender. I think Marion would have to be really playing out of her skin to beat her.

I don't think Maria's a particularly bad match-up for Marion, she's just a considerably better player. But Marion could probably get her if she catches her on an off-day... 80% of the time Maria would win though.

Jelena a pure defensive grinder? :o

She'll beat both next year.

Singleniacki
Dec 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
She can beat anyone on grass. Sharapova is an excellent player, and Agnieska is a frustrating match up for her. On a good day for her I think the match up with Masha will be closer, and I think she should beat Aga once.

Pops Maellard
Dec 30th, 2011, 05:52 AM

Play a dropshot against Marion you're guaranteed the point.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
yeah, so much :lol: she cant round towards the net

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Marion had some good wins this year, but matchups matter.
I'm still trying to figure out Zvonareva-Stosur.

rrfnpump
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Marion is 2-9 vs Zvonareva and 2-7 vs Azarenka, too :p

Holdsworth
Dec 30th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Bartoli can't play against smart and versatile players, as Aga, Vera, Franchi, Dani (I don't mean Sharapova though)