PDA

View Full Version : Which "Marrow" do you prefer?

delicatecutter
Dec 29th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I love both songs to death. Fitting that they both chose to use horns. Hard to choose. I think Ani is an amazing lyricist and this song shows that in abundance. OTOH I can't get over Annie literally spelling out "help" as a chorus. Cause I can identify that like you wouldn't believe. :sobbing:

Ani DiFranco:

111KaJeRhNY

St. Vincent:

EN3tx-JYPz4

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM
None of them I heard of but I'm most familiar with "bone marrow". Does that count?

delicatecutter
Dec 29th, 2011, 02:31 AM
No. This is why I posted the songs for you to listen to. And it's not stupid pop so it might take 5 listens to get the songs. Both have to do with yes, bone marrow, but in no real way. Which is why it's amaze they both chose the same name for their songs. Neither song is about bone marrow. And they both chose to use horns. Very interesting.

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 29th, 2011, 02:58 AM
St Vincent's version sounds more edgy.:shrug: But I also like Ani's one.

Root
Dec 29th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Those comparison threads have become tiring. :o

Anyway, Annie for me. And the live version is it. Snatching guitarists' wigs left and right. Annie + solo guitar live = :worship:

KHmF18jAPzA

ranfurly
Dec 29th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Man this was misleading, I was hoping it was going to be, marrow as in oversized courjettes or marrow from the bone of a sheep or lamb, to which I would say Eating Lamb Marrow is the best thing from a Roast Lamb.

First Clip BTW.